Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Good wasn't good enough, so I picked the best.

Weird, I thought you said you aren't playing an Elezen. :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Get around run animations by having your weapon drawn at all times.

That's how I deal with midlander life.

My bud plays a midlander lady and seeing a DRK with the daintiest little princess run is pretty goddamn hilarious, let me tell you.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Didn't realize today was OPPOSITE DAY!

*laugh track, fade to black*

I need protect back

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Debating if I want to wake up early for patch or just embrace the few days before my 2nd summer classes begin soon. I do want to level DRK but tanks always rely on gear and RDM is my most well-geared job atm :sigh:

I wonder if we'll finally get that free 3rd retainer since both mines has been full since HW. Also, more inv slots since I need ALL the glams.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Alder posted:

Debating if I want to wake up early for patch or just embrace the few days before my 2nd summer classes begin soon. I do want to level DRK but tanks always rely on gear and RDM is my most well-geared job atm :sigh:

I wonder if we'll finally get that free 3rd retainer since both mines has been full since HW. Also, more inv slots since I need ALL the glams.

As long as you don't so some jank like wear your 70 gear all the way to 80 you'll probably be on the better side of tank gear.

And between MSQ and automatic dungeon rewards, as long as your DRK is in decent shape now I doubt it will be a problem. Run an extra dungeon or two to make sure if you need to.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

DrakePegasus posted:

If you’re on Exodus and not Excalibur for any reason come join The Principality of Zeon in Goblet ward 1 plot 13! We’re really chill. So chill we forgot to remind the thread we existed last expansion.

Gonna do this. Picked this up and playing for the first time, so it will be a while before I get anywhere near useful for xpac things though.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
ok i messed around with the benchmark and they got me, it's rabbit time

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I cant picture my WoL as anything but a fluffy potato being extremely rude to tribal people and threatening to murder their gods, but bunnies might make me change my opinion if their voices dont clash violently with animations

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I cant picture my WoL as anything but a fluffy potato being extremely rude to tribal people and threatening to murder their gods, but bunnies might make me change my opinion if their voices dont clash violently with animations

I appreciate that most of the viera voices are on the lower end of things, where the other races are about 40-50% varying flavors of high pitched squeals.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

A story skip will unlock every dungeon required to progress through the MSQ, up until the point you've skipped to. You can still go back and queue for them later, as well as any optional dungeons that weren't required.
Just thought I'd mention that the story skip actually unlocks EVERY dungeon up to the level of the skip; you don't have to go hunting for blue crosses to queue for Amdapor Keep (Hard) with the ARR skip, or Saint Mocianne's Arboretum with the HW skip.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I appreciate that most of the viera voices are on the lower end of things, where the other races are about 40-50% varying flavors of high pitched squeals.

Yeah but I've found out you really cant trust the character creator because everything seems fine and then you attack with it and your character sounds like its a gerbil being squished

e-clicking through the viera voices, one of them during the second emote went "Whooooo!" in the same tone my catgirl in 1.0 would do a longer whooooohooooooo emote. It triggered so many buried emotions. Its voice 4 between

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 28, 2019

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

BisterdDave posted:

A few years ago I wasted my FFXIV trial (created a character then didn't get to play for the week or however long it lasted). I'm seeing now that new players can play for free up to a certain level. I just redownloaded the main game and tried logging in, but it says my account is a service account and not eligible for a trial. What's the cheapest option if I just want to try the game out and see if I like it on PS4? Is my only option to find a cheap disc copy of the base game and pay for a month of service?

The free trial nowadays is unlimited playtime, you're just capped at level 35 and can't join a free company, I think are the most important restrictions. I'd say make a new account, then you can take as much time as you need to see whether or not you like it.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Bunbreaker time SOON I'm so excited. I probably won't stay up to 4 AM just to fail logging in for an hour but I'll be hella tempted to all the same.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im going to leave work at like 1300 tomorrow so help me god

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im going to leave work at like 1300 tomorrow so help me god

Don't worry everyone will be stuck behind the new #RaubahnGate of the expansion except for cut scene skippers.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah but I've found out you really cant trust the character creator because everything seems fine and then you attack with it and your character sounds like its a gerbil being squished

e-clicking through the viera voices, one of them during the second emote went "Whooooo!" in the same tone my catgirl in 1.0 would do a longer whooooohooooooo emote. It triggered so many buried emotions. Its voice 4 between

If there wasn't definitely gonna be a long login queue, I'd probably use the screenshot tool to change my character and hear the voices without actually committing a Fantasia to it. But instead I'll probably wind up just rolling the dice and hoping it isn't too dissimilar.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
Is anyone else playing hooky tomorrow to indulge in SB?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Sorely tempted but I will be responsible.

I did take PTO for Monday and Tuesday though.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I took tomorrow and all of next week off

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
you, an idiot: im going to take friday off so i can play shadowbringers when the servers come up!

me, enlightened: im going to take monday off so i can play shadowbringers when the servers come up!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Kuvo posted:

you, an idiot: im going to take friday off so i can play shadowbringers when the servers come up!

me, enlightened: im going to take monday off so i can play shadowbringers when the servers come up!

I did both.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I'm off for a bit myself.

Also, I posted a poo poo ton of massively spoilery screenshots from Stormblood here. Pretty much goes in story order aside from the very end, where I'm finishing side content and class leveling.

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
Read back through the beginning of the old thread, and so now I'm kind of glad I didn't take the next couple of days off for the game.

Also I'm very much looking forward to changing my Drago man into a ridiculous bara catman. Who even needs hats amirite.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Vanderdeath posted:

Weird, I thought you said you aren't playing an Elezen. :smugbert:

Giraffe krewe whatup?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I have monday off for Canada day, so taking tomorrow off means a 4 day weekend. Even if servers go to hell, I have Mario Maker 2.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

doomisland posted:

I took tomorrow and all of next week off

I did the same.

If there are technical issues, I have all kinds of important things I need to do around my apartment.

If there are no issues, those things aren't that important.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

M.c.P posted:

Six-Sided star is such a weird capstone, but there's a counter-cultural part of me trying to figure out every possible use for it.

Balance seems to think it'll fit before Tornado Kick for whenever things go untargetable.
I'm considering it as a possible flex skill to pause your combo whenever you have to step away from the boss for more than one of your ~1.8s globals.
Desperation move: You forget to switch to couerl stance and have less than 4 seconds on GL but the boss just came back.
Mmmmmmmaybe stacking skill speed on monks will make using OGCDs uncomfortable most of the time, in which case SSS can be used to drop in a shoulder tackle or elixir field? Kind of a long shot.

So hey, its got slightly more use than tornado kick.

Alternative use: get to max greased stacks and then only use SSS for peak lazy

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

im so ready :allears:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

im so ready :allears:

he looks so concerned

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
If you bought the preorder stuff, is the license already applied to your account, or will I need to enter a product key tomorrow?

I wanna log in tomorrow and just go.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

If you bought the preorder stuff, is the license already applied to your account, or will I need to enter a product key tomorrow?

If you have registered for early access it should show up as such in Mogstation.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

If you put in the preorder key you're good for early access tomorrow, the real product key you can't use until tuesday + there's like a week or two grace period between the time the early access key expires and they make you use the real one.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Download is up, on PS4 at least.

8.4GB

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Looks like PC version is downloading too.

e: ok, nevermind. Just a 230 MB update. Can't get the full patch yet.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 28, 2019

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well, something is downloading on steam anyway.

Also, i have no idea what remote keybind i banished Freeze to. Nor do i know where i'm going to put any new things for that matter.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Looks like PC version is downloading too.

e: ok, nevermind. Just a 230 MB update. Can't get the full patch yet.

Yeah, look like 3GB so might be most of it? Hoping it is so I can ensure everything is downloaded before the morning.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Ceramics posted:

Download is up, on PS4 at least.

8.4GB

Hype! Downloading now so I can play ASAP in the morning.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

a kitten posted:

Also, i have no idea what remote keybind i banished Freeze to. Nor do i know where i'm going to put any new things for that matter.

Put Freeze where your Diversion keybind used to be.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

a kitten posted:

I have some space you can rent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Is the assumption that it will be ready to go (flaws and login issues and all) when maintenance ends at 2AM PST?

Not that I'm planning to stay up until then or anything haha!