Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
anyone feel like streaming? I've only played 2 games and wanna watch before playing more

e: doh nevermind. missed last post last page

kingcobweb posted:

Streaming goon 8-man with the following toxx clause:

BAN ANYONE WHO TAKES A UNIT FROM CAROUSEL INSTEAD OF RANDOMING

https://www.twitch.tv/kingcobweb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I just played against a guy who got two Spears of Shojin on Lulu and let me tell you it's very hard to win when your characters are knocked up for 100% of the match.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

kingcobweb posted:

edit: listen to us sitting in queue

how do you random

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

confirming that elementalists are actually dumb as gently caress, lmao

If I ever got enough ashes or saw that dumb bird this probably would've been a win

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Verviticus posted:

how do you random

Just wait for carousel to time out (About 30 seconds after last dude unlocks)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

also this game should not take 40 loving minutes to do a round

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

considering there's not really anything you can do while the fights play out, they could stand to increase the base animation/attack speed a bit.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

edit: listen to us sitting in queue

ok last game and I have sound now :|

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Once they do something about handing everyone an equal amount of items or giving you more choice in what you get I feel like TFT will be much improved.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
How to win TFT the easy way: get level three units.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/445299269

Won this at 96hp and didn't have any synergy for almost all of it. Then I had 3 void and whatever backline ADC. Eventually I had 3 void 2 ranger and at very endgame phantom, but that wasn't even needed.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

My two wins so far are nearly identical to one another: Have assassins and gnar make space for a stacked draven, sell literally everything at the end in order to get carried by yasuo to get past the final guy

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Monicro posted:

My two wins so far are nearly identical to one another: Have assassins and gnar make space for a stacked draven, sell literally everything at the end in order to get carried by yasuo to get past the final guy

Three void so that Draven ignores 50% of armor is the way to go for sure

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

kingcobweb posted:

Three void so that Draven ignores 50% of armor is the way to go for sure

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of rek'sai but with that draven and double 3-star assassins the tribal bonus was entirely too tasty to pass up on

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
For me, rek’sai is just a placeholder till I replace her with Cho. I usually have upgraded Kass and Kha in the composition so I can’t swap them out as easily

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

d0grent posted:

considering there's not really anything you can do while the fights play out, they could stand to increase the base animation/attack speed a bit.

The one speed up change i really really want them to make is to just skip straight to the first battle. There's nothing to buy. There's no need to place your dude as it gets placed automatically if you don't. There's nothing to think about. But it counts down to it all the same and gets a bit grating with enough games.

Once I got fidgety enough to wonder if it would let you sell your starting unit before the first fight by hovering over it and pressing the sell key. And yep, you can. The enemies just sit there until the round ends. Oddly enough you don't take damage like every other round you lose so there's something funny going on in the background when you do that.

Not a deal breaker though.

Phigs fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jun 28, 2019

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
If you're stuck in the mid game with a poor comp without much synergy, the best thing to do is just re-roll for a draven once you have the levels and put all your items on him.

A stacked Draven can save even the worst comps if you surround him with tanks and a kindred.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 28, 2019

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

If you're stuck in the mid game with a poor comp without much synergy, the best thing to do is just re-roll for a draven once you have the levels and put all your items on him.

A stacked Draven can save even the worst comps if you surround him with tanks and a kindred.

I tried this just then with a vayne and voids and it was working fine until the stacked assassin team destroyed my whole team.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://tftactics.gg/tierlist/champions

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

wrong. poo poo tier list. they need an “F” rank for poppy

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

wrong. poo poo tier list. they need an “F” rank for poppy

But what if you want 6 yordles or 6 knights, comps I've literally never seen or even heard of someone making.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

My feeling with that list are people are downplaying how vicious Graves is early and mid. He tears teams apart if you play him right.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

M. Night Skymall posted:

But what if you want 6 yordles or 6 knights, comps I've literally never seen or even heard of someone making.

guy with 4 knights: hm... my team with four tanks is missing something.... i could use two more front liners, time Too draft poppy - the worst unit in the game :eng101:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Starting to get pretty annoyed with the "put a three star item-stacked draven/trist in a corner and surround them so no assassin can reach them" tactic which 99.99999% of people seem to be doing right now

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Syrinxx posted:

Starting to get pretty annoyed with the "put a three star item-stacked draven/trist in a corner and surround them so no assassin can reach them" tactic which 99.99999% of people seem to be doing right now
If only there were champs that had displacement abilities hmm

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Lord_Magmar posted:

My feeling with that list are people are downplaying how vicious Graves is early and mid. He tears teams apart if you play him right.

yea if you get the itemm that extend his range hes good, real good and the funslinger bonus owns on him

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

A GP with attack speed and lifesteal will absolutely ruin entire boards. Pyke is real good though, probably the best assassin to have if you only want one to run around and be a nuisance.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I just had the weirdest luck in a game just now. I got like all of maybe 5 completed items in the whole thing, but still ended up winning fairly handily. Why? Two of those were the double spatula items. Tanking your early game health is a ballsy play but it pays off a lot when it pays off. Getting first pick at the carousel can make a huge difference.

Also I've now won like 4 times with my team comp of Rangers + Defenders (I'm not sure how much these actually pay off but at this point it has become force of habit) + Ghosts + Glacials. A stacked up Ashe can do some gross things.

I have a dream of one day getting a Graves with extended range, gunslinger bonus and the item that makes you count as glacial in a team with a bunch of glacials. Just literally keep the enemy team permastunned forever. It's not even THAT unlikely, two bows a belt and a spatula isn't unreasonable to pick out from carousel.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

i got a draw of 5 trists and then the next round 5 darius

unrelatedly I steamrolled it wtf rng

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

a fatguy bald spot posted:

yea if you get the itemm that extend his range hes good, real good and the funslinger bonus owns on him

He also is hilarious with titanic and 4 gunslingers. For a long time he just will spaz out and slaughter 5 champions in 4 seconds.

I also really like getting the Blademaster item for Graves and going Blademaser Gunslinger with GP, Graves will just tear his way through a front line.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Phigs posted:

Econ can turn around a losing game. Just accept your beatings and hold out for a big turn where you spam your econ into leveling up and finding a powerful carry who can poo poo on the early game comps. I don't like to go below 20 cause you can lose to one bad fight like that, but even below there it's recoverable. Couple games I've gone down to single digits and then won every fight from there to close out the game.

If you don't have econ AND you're losing... that's when it feels hopeless.

I don't think this is for me because "walk away and let the game run for 5 minutes" does not seem like a fun way of engaging if the early game doesn't go my way.

EDIT: To be clear, I really hate the lack of a surrender option, but maybe it's necessary to keep people from spamming new games and wreaking havoc on the servers?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

RealFoxy posted:

If only there were champs that had displacement abilities hmm
It's kind of assumed that assassins should be able to take care of this but yeah I've had to draft a late game 1* Blitz to deal with this bullshit

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool

Syrinxx posted:

It's kind of assumed that assassins should be able to take care of this but yeah I've had to draft a late game 1* Blitz to deal with this bullshit

How does Blitz hook targeting work? Is it "target the opposite hex" like assassins/some of the items like Zephyr?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

The real answer is if only the board were big enough that you could force their line to take a step forward like in every other game, but Riot's obsessed with their smaller board for no clear reason. Hopefully everyone voted "strongly disagree" to the idea that the board was big enough. In the mean time you can run A Sol and just ult through their whole clump or a thornmail front line might work.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Boxman posted:

I don't think this is for me because "walk away and let the game run for 5 minutes" does not seem like a fun way of engaging if the early game doesn't go my way.

EDIT: To be clear, I really hate the lack of a surrender option, but maybe it's necessary to keep people from spamming new games and wreaking havoc on the servers?

you can surrender

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Am I wrong in picking up a unit I want when I'm econ'ing if I don't have to refresh? How many units do you try and upgrade at a time? Its pretty hard to pass up stuff that I know I might want but I hate not having enough space for actual good poo poo

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

pog boyfriend posted:

you can surrender

:psyduck: why did I think the surrender button was greyed out? ignore me.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Am I wrong in picking up a unit I want when I'm econ'ing if I don't have to refresh? How many units do you try and upgrade at a time? Its pretty hard to pass up stuff that I know I might want but I hate not having enough space for actual good poo poo

Definitely buy stuff that comes up without rerolling when you're trying to econ. Your decision points should resolve around having multiples of 10 at the end of a fight, so if you're going to have, say, 37 gold anyway then you can freely buy down to 30 and see if the next shop gives you pairs/upgrades for the stuff you just bought, and if it doesn't maybe you sell back up to 40 for the next round or sell some stuff and buy others etc. Speculative buying is an important part of getting to a strong late game.

How much stuff you're trying to upgrade depends, I give up pretty quickly on 3*s and often win with a bunch of 2* units, basically it just comes down to how much gold you have on your board in the form of unsold pieces and how much interest that's costing you, and how much space you have on your board and how much that's preventing you from holding units that may be valuable later while you fish for a 3*. You should pretty much always try to get anything you want to play to 2* and if you find yourself thinking that you don't have space to hold the pair of something you're currently playing, you probably don't need to play that unit at all.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

trying too hard to econ misses the point. you want econ so you have the money to buy the units you want. dropping 1 gold a round for 2 rounds to get a 2 star asol is always worth it for example

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I've never played an auto chess game, barely watched anyone play one either. With the all the hype I was expecting something a little less ...docile? And with something with chess in the name I wasn't expecting so much RNG. Oh well, games just not for me I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They definitely need a mobile port. Them saying they were focused on one right now is dumb as poo poo.