Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

My podcast militia is gonna have skull balaclavas but it's the Pod drat America skull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Just watched the debate stream and Chris is hot

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tonight's stream is only up forty minutes late! way better than yesterday

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
loving Matt at maximum recline

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

cool dance moves posted:

My podcast militia is gonna have skull balaclavas but it's the Pod drat America skull

The War Nerd just had an episode spend a half hour discussing how to legally purchase cannons so they're getting ready for the Pod Wars

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
last pod on the left has a German giant and a Polish goblin in their party, best of both worlds for combat

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Amber is so great because she is so loving messy and petty

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Dr. Killjoy posted:

last pod on the left has a German giant and a Polish goblin in their party, best of both worlds for combat

I would give so much money to put Matt, Virgil, Henry, and Ben in a locked room with three hammers and a microphone

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I would give so much money to put Matt, Virgil, Henry, and Ben in a locked room with three hammers and a microphone

Switch out Virgil for Felix; just imagine the content a self-hating Jew, the child of a Polish NYPD cop, and someone who has conspicuously German grandparents in South America would produce.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MizPiz posted:

Switch out Virgil for Felix; just imagine the content a self-hating Jew, the child of a Polish NYPD cop, and someone who has conspicuously German grandparents in South America would produce.

I thought Felix's family was Russian and Polish? i'm slightly beyond the pale right now because debates and that's what I remember him saying

I would love Felix there though, if for no reason beyond superior tangents

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
"has Matt been drinking tonight?"

"no, he's a my ride home"

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
lol Matt lit af and screaming "YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE YOU MORONS" at Twitch chat after Virgil had them confirm his favorite kind of apple was red

e: it was also really sweet when Matt drunkenly gushed over how pure Chris is

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I switched to the stream for postgame and felix is playing fortnite

This is a lazier troll than Donald but I do respect it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it looks like they had decent viewership for whatever they did but the last two days have been totally off limits for me, nothing works

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

reminder that hitchhikers stream 18 hours a day from a backpack with sublime promptness and minimal interruption

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I'm the water bottle that's been crushed so it doesn't go flat

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1144394426594279425?s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Shakenbaker posted:

I thought Felix's family was Russian and Polish? i'm slightly beyond the pale right now because debates and that's what I remember him saying

I would love Felix there though, if for no reason beyond superior tangents

I remember Felix saying that he did a 23andme and discovered he is like 95% Jewish, 5% a different kind of Jewish

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Good Amber interview of David Sirota up right now. Lots of stuff about how to get involved, in case anyone wants to learn!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I don't think I've ever seen felix or amber before watching the streams and felix is way beefier than I assumed he would be based on his voice

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Eat This Glob posted:

I don't think I've ever seen felix or amber before watching the streams and felix is way beefier than I assumed he would be based on his voice

https://twitter.com/chapotraphouse/status/1067547358425202690

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Matt is now the best Chapo for his correct opinion about the best type of apples

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

granny smith apples are for pies or the garbage can

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

I ate a honeycrisp apple from an orchard in Vermont and it was delightful but anytime I buy something from a store called "Honeycrisp" its mealy trash.

Granny Smith however is always a tart treat.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
honeys crisp are the best but they are also easily bruised and so don't ship well, making them more suited to being juiced which is also the best

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

honeys crisp are the best but they are also easily bruised and so don't ship well, making them more suited to being juiced which is also the best

the whole point of the crisp part is that they have an appealing texture, juicing obviously erases that. Like, eat slices of gala vs honeycrisp, and it's night and day.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

zegermans posted:

the whole point of the crisp part is that they have an appealing texture, juicing obviously erases that. Like, eat slices of gala vs honeycrisp, and it's night and day.

they also have a superior sweet/tart profile

but yes their texture owns. they are clearly the best

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

pink lady erasure will not stand

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Raw apples just make me more hungry for some reason but I quite like them cooked, especially strawberry applesauce or with some sauerkraut and bacon.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

cenotaph posted:

Raw apples just make me more hungry for some reason but I quite like them cooked, especially strawberry applesauce or with some sauerkraut and bacon.

i like lambswool

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
https://twitter.com/chatforgirls/status/1144833170619023362?s=19

godspeed girls chat

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Autism Sneaks posted:

godspeed girls chat

this, unironically. theyre the only patreon i give money to

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
thinking about making a girls chat effortpost, linking to the article ashley(?) published about that alt lit guy trying to groom her, as a literal child. and maybe some other links to stuff they posted on reddit, detailing their weird as hell situation

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Finicums Wake posted:

thinking about making a girls chat effortpost, linking to the article ashley(?) published about that alt lit guy trying to groom her, as a literal child. and maybe some other links to stuff they posted on reddit, detailing their weird as hell situation

this would be nice because girls chat is too many layers of irony deep for me and I don’t get it at all.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
i was going to post something which included all the tweets but i'm too inept at using twitter to do it.

one of the girls chat hosts published this article: https://thenewinquiry.com/grooming-style/

then the red scare girls made fun of them, basically saying they should at least be profitting off their misery. so the girls chat gals made a podcast as a joke, as a way of asking for patreon donations. despite that they ended up having people like glenn greenwald on lol.

there was some other background info they posted on reddit, but it's medical info about being trans and stuff so i dont feel comfortable digging it up and reposting it here.

if this all sounds like irony poisoned nonsense for people whose brains have been destroyed by the internet, that's because it is.

i do reccomend checking out that article if you know what alt lit is tho

edit: the unironic parts of the podcast are that the hosts are both professional dominatrixes and devout catholics

Finicums Wake has issued a correction as of 08:19 on Jul 1, 2019

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I'm not in on the joke and I don't really care to get in on it, so whatever

more power to whoever wants to break their brain trying to get what this is about

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

let Brooklyn drown in a sea of flame wars

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
they started the show as a joke. then they invited people who were controversial on twitter on to podcast, and were invariably nice to them, usually giving them enough proverbial rope to hang themselves. it ends up being weird and funny, imo

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the funniest part of girls chat is the moment about five minutes into every 2hr+ episode where the hosts reveal taht they didnt plan or prepare anything at all and start forcing remarks out of the guests with awkward silence

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Farm Frenzy posted:

the funniest part of girls chat is the moment about five minutes into every 2hr+ episode where the hosts reveal taht they didnt plan or prepare anything at all and start forcing remarks out of the guests with awkward silence

Brooklyn will drown in a sea of flame wars

also I have to listen to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Victory Position posted:

Brooklyn will drown in a sea of flame wars

also I have to listen to this

in the ken klippenstein episode he keeps bringing up the krassensteins to give them a chance at an easy joke but they dont know who they are or who ken is it whips rear end