Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1144308345127559169

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I mean, liberalism is dead, just not for the lovely reasons Putin's chatting about

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Yes but will there be adequate?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Barry Foster posted:

I mean, liberalism is dead, just not for the lovely reasons Putin's chatting about

Sure, but the article could use some "in a widely criticised interview" or whatever, especially seeing as it's (maybe was now) the most read one.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Private Speech posted:

Sure, but the article could use some "in a widely criticised interview" or whatever, especially seeing as it's (maybe was now) the most read one.

Oh of course it's a poo poo house article, it's the colluding enabling BBC

I was just getting a dumb snark in

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

getting some mussolini vibes from that putin statement

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

quote:

said Mr Putin, who has served as president for nearly two decades. 

Thank u for your service Mr putin

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

He said what

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gently caress putin

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I hope French people do the needful when pronouncing Putin’s name

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

jesus WEP posted:

I hope French people do the needful when pronouncing Putin’s name

They have to spell it differently to avoid just that

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i heard nestle bought out uk's water :grin:

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Lastgirl posted:

i heard nestle bought out uk's water :grin:

Quantum of Boris.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

putin has a point that oligarchic autocracy has forged a strong, stable Russia. now to take a huge swig of coffee and look up what happens when strongmen die

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

School Nickname posted:

Quantum of Boris.

mods. moooooooooods

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

You fools. The UK is literally surrounded by free water. As if you could think the oceans will run dry.

As a WW2 vet who lived through the blitz we drank sea water and we liked it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve been watching some Boris clips is he literally stupid and at reduced levels of function ?

I’m asking seriously. like in real life would he be considered special needs?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

euphronius posted:

I’ve been watching some Boris clips is he literally stupid and at reduced levels of function ?

thats just how posh people are, which is to say yes you’re correct

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the jeeves and wooster stories are basically completely true to life

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

euphronius posted:

He has the same kind of animal cunning that Trump does, and to a certain extent the clown thing is an act to hide his frank sociopathy, but he is also most certainly a complete loving moron

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

jesus WEP posted:

the jeeves and wooster stories are basically completely true to life

But Wooster, for all his upper-class twittery was basically harmless, and so was completely unlike any of the real poshos.

Hell, he even undermines a fascist wanna-be in the stories.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

like the video of Boris trying to explain what he does for a hobby ?? he has brain damage. various parts of his brain do not work

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

euphronius posted:

boris has the affect of a bumbling, self-effacing posho because it's a persona that plays about as well as any persona will for a tory in the 2010s (see the brief love affair with rory stewart)

beneath that he's a greedy venal sociopath who will do and say anything to get what he wants

beneath that, he actually is a moron, someone who took being just clever and slick and entitled enough to get through school without doing any work and extrapolated it out into an entire career

Attorney at Funk has issued a correction as of 13:35 on Jun 28, 2019

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

euphronius posted:

like the video of Boris trying to explain what he does for a hobby ?? he has brain damage. various parts of his brain do not work

the funniest take I heard on that is that he ate poo poo and gave a weird answer on purpose to muddle the search results for 'boris johnson bus'

but no I think he just short-circuited trying not to say anything offensive which means he had to discard his first 15,000 ideas for how to respond

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

euphronius posted:

bojo is an act and everyone knows and is banking on it being an act

he's probably adequately intelligent - not a complete miswire like trump, at least - but he's incredibly dishonest and lazy

the thing with him posing this front is that, paradoxically, he can get away with a lot more than more straight-laced types like oval office - he's signalling that really he's quite beyond all this stuff and mostly there to humour the nice journalist chap, not to worry, it's all well in the hands of clever and sound people

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

School Nickname posted:

Quantum of Boris.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Kurtofan posted:

He said what

he said and this is a direct quote theyre all turds and esp that kurtofan guy

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

then: there will be adequate food

now: there will be drinking water

soon: there will be survivors

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Boris is loving stupid but less in the buffoonish way the media loves to portray him and more Inthe fact that's hes incredibly lazy and never puts the work in, so doesn't actually know anything

He's also greedy as gently caress and will pretty much do anything for a few quid

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

gladimhere putitin

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Samovar posted:

But Wooster, for all his upper-class twittery was basically harmless, and so was completely unlike any of the real poshos.

Hell, he even undermines a fascist wanna-be in the stories.

Eulalie Soeurs

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

MikeCrotch posted:

Boris is loving stupid but less in the buffoonish way the media loves to portray him and more Inthe fact that's hes incredibly lazy and never puts the work in, so doesn't actually know anything

He's also greedy as gently caress and will pretty much do anything for a few quid

Pay him to eat a bug.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Vitamin P posted:

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1144324954625851394

Owen Jones jumping on the 'remain and reform' is a possibility dream train

he's a good lad but the idea that the uk, especially a uk that just backed down from brexiting, could have any ability to stop the eu being neoliberal is just absurd. there literally isn't a mechanism to stop the eu imposing economic thatcherism, it would require the unelected peeps to all be removed, all be replaced and then for the entire superstructure to be removed and theres no legit process for that. the eu is designed to not be reformed by member states, 'remain and reform' is such a fake idea meme

Vitamin P posted:

I'm probably way more anti-immigration than most posters in this thread

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Owen jones transformation from smug liberal foetus to angry lefty zealot is the one good thing to come from brexit

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Attorney at Funk posted:

boris has the affect of a bumbling, self-effacing posho because it's a persona that plays about as well as any persona will for a tory in the 2010s (see the brief love affair with rory stewart)

beneath that he's a greedy venal sociopath who will do and say anything to get what he wants

beneath that, he actually is a moron, someone who took being just clever and slick and entitled enough to get through school without doing any work and extrapolated it out into an entire career

is rory stewart the guy who looks like a rl zombie

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Grape posted:

is rory stewart the guy who looks like a rl zombie

That's half the Tory party. Could you be more specific?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Thanks for the tribute thread title

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Avirosb posted:

Yes but will there be adequate?

Brexit: There will be adequate water

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009