Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Olive Branch posted:

Hola skinks 🦎

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Olive Branch posted:

Hola skinks 🦎

:hmmyes:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I accomplished a personal goal of mine to be the only Norscan faction left and to own every possible Norscan settlement (not counting faction capitals that I can colonize). This includes Skaeggi, which I am using to vomit out copious amounts of Marauder Champions which I will use to crush the Lizardmen to take their faction capital then invade Lustria I guess? It also includes Mung... have no idea what to do with the two armies I Force Marched over there to take out Mung's leader but I have a feeling that Malekith will love my rear end forever now because half of his settlements are ruins due to Mung, and they're gone now thanks to me. I think maybe I'll send an expedition to Skavenblight + Tilea because they are next to each other and will give me sweet bonuses, along with Estalia being right there too.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The first TW:WH is on sale for 75% off right now! :)

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
How do you guys build malekith for maximum fun

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Black dragon, soul steal, battle line instead of tyrant, everything else is for seasoning

Enigma fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 27, 2019

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Next question, fire/death/whatever for sorceress Lord's? And why?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm bad at this game but I love Fire magic. The Kindling passive ability plus putting the two buff spells on your beefy melee units is pretty awesome in my limited experience. This all in vanilla.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

I like shadow for pedulum, pit, and withering.

Fire is neat. Fun offensive spells and buffs.

Death is fun for sniping characters with spirit leech or mass routing with doom and darkness, which is more potent a leadership hit than withering. AoE leadership debuffs are good for clearing the moshpit behind the gate in siege battles.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Enigma posted:

I like shadow for pedulum, pit, and withering.

Fire is neat. Fun offensive spells and buffs.

Death is fun for sniping characters with spirit leech or mass routing with doom and darkness, which is more potent a leadership hit than withering. AoE leadership debuffs are good for clearing the moshpit behind the gate in siege battles.

Fate of Bjuna in Death is also like bar none the best way to melt elite infantry/cavalry in the game.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Also I like how they shout "Drooky!!!" at the start of every battle, even if I think Druchii sounds better as Drooky-aye.

TRY ARE EE AYE

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Honestly you can't go wrong with the Dark Elf lores so I tend to just pick whoever has the best trait. Their spread is all my favourite non-healing lores in the game.

E: I can't unhear one of the eternal guard responses when you click on them sounding just like Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 27, 2019

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Sprit leech is the cowards way to lord snipe. A true hero uses fireball.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

It was like a blast of nostalgia the first time I clicked on a Bretonian settlement and discovered CA recycled voice clips from the French faction in Medieval II: Total War.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Sure, the first few times. And MP is a whole different story, I'd think.

After the 100th siege in single player, it's nice to just kill the drat lord before you even make it in the gate to help make quick work of the battle since you're only playing the 100th siege because auto-resolve wants to murder 3-5x as many of your troops.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

OwlFancier posted:

TRY ARE EE AYE
CIL EESH EE ANS

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

CA where is my WH2 DLC info. I needs it.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Sotek drat it, Tik-Tak-To, you can loving fly and you're master of scouting!

HOW DID YOU GET SKAVEN AMBUSHED 3 TIMES IN A ROW???

Just look down once in a while, you beautiful flying dumbass

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Ripper Swarm posted:

Sotek drat it, Tik-Tak-To, you can loving fly and you're master of scouting!

HOW DID YOU GET SKAVEN AMBUSHED 3 TIMES IN A ROW???

Just look down once in a while, you beautiful flying dumbass

More like Tik-Tak-Targaryen.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Vindictive Glare or sod off

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

A true hero uses Gitsnik

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Right but most factions don't have access to that

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
True lord-thing sniping uses Jezzails, yes yes.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

True lord-thing sniping uses Jezzails, yes yes.

I always preferred ratling guns.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The Lone Badger posted:

I always preferred ratling guns.

That's a firing squad not a sniper snag.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Please explain what the hell you guys are talking about with gitsnik, jezzail, ratling guns, etc... I just finished my clan mors campaign and no idea what you guys are saying lol...

feller
Jul 5, 2006

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Please explain what the hell you guys are talking about with gitsnik, jezzail, ratling guns, etc... I just finished my clan mors campaign and no idea what you guys are saying lol...

buy the dlc

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Senor Dog posted:

buy the dlc

Got it all, just checked and for some reason it's not installed yet it says it's installed on my check list on Steam... Weird.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

You poor soul, you just finished a Skaven campaign and didn't have Jezzails, Ratling Guns, or Doom Flayers?!?

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

ME times are so loving horrible, even with that turn destroyer mod. Starts ok, but by turn 30 they're well over several minutes long. My PC isn't state of the art, but it's still pretty good.

Is there a way to play chaos on the Vortex map? Or play the WH1 map with the WH2 QoL improvements?

I just want to smash faces with chosen.

As for skaven, what's the deal with food? Is there a way to keep out of the red without relying on battles?

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

You're going to run on red a lot until you start using underempires to make food-generation buildings or capture pasture settlements. Remember that every settlement costs 1 food by itself, meaning any province with more than two settlements will cost you food even when running the expansion planning commandment.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Turn time destroyer only really helps early game (which is rather fast even without using it), by turn 40-50 it will likely have gone up to the nearly same turn time as a non modded campaign due to factions growing and also expanding into the empty areas.
Past the early game the mod is mainly a placebo.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I get chores done between turns.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Got it all, just checked and for some reason it's not installed yet it says it's installed on my check list on Steam... Weird.

Did you click on the DLC in the in-game main menu? Getting the dlc to activate has always been a bit fuckety so you have to buy the dlc, launch the game, then select the dlc from the main menu DLC menu and then it opens a new steam window and THEN the dlc is activated but just to be sure you want to exit the game and restart so that the game remembers that your dlc has in fact been activated.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Arcsquad12 posted:

Did you click on the DLC in the in-game main menu? Getting the dlc to activate has always been a bit fuckety so you have to buy the dlc, launch the game, then select the dlc from the main menu DLC menu and then it opens a new steam window and THEN the dlc is activated but just to be sure you want to exit the game and restart so that the game remembers that your dlc has in fact been activated.

Yeah I figured that out earlier after I read the above.

Oh well, next question.. do I really need to install Warhammer 1 again to get access to the mortal empiress DLC? This is pretty poo poo done CA!

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
I have literally never, ever installed my copy of Total Warhammer 1 and I'm playing mortal empires right now

e: steam versions for all

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Gonkish posted:

CA where is my WH2 DLC info. I needs it.

If I had to guess, we'll get news in halfway through July-August. Three Kingdoms is still very recent.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Enigma posted:

ME times are so loving horrible, even with that turn destroyer mod. Starts ok, but by turn 30 they're well over several minutes long. My PC isn't state of the art, but it's still pretty good.

Is there a way to play chaos on the Vortex map? Or play the WH1 map with the WH2 QoL improvements?

I just want to smash faces with chosen.

As for skaven, what's the deal with food? Is there a way to keep out of the red without relying on battles?

You can use the faction unlocker mod. If you add mixu’s legendary lords mod on top of it, I think he has at least one Chaos LL starting in Vortex.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 28, 2019

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Ripper Swarm posted:

I have literally never, ever installed my copy of Total Warhammer 1 and I'm playing mortal empires right now

e: steam versions for all
I had most DLCs for Warhammer 1 but quit before they release some things like norsca and wood elves.. it's now saying I need to download them from steam page to play but it's prompting be to install Warhammer 1 again which doesn't seem right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Another bonus to turn time destroyer is it keeps LLs around for you to pick up traits from. Ever since they lost their autoresolve bonus lots of the LL empires turn up dead and gone once you get to them.