Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've played every level thats on the spreadsheet so far except:

The Kins Origins 20S-5HG-NWG

I think this level code might be wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Expect My Mom posted:

this would be great!

i feel like a i need to do a madlib or else i just put everything in

I think I'm going to ask my wife and/or son for random suggestions, and then do that. I won't even tell them what is possible, and just try my best to match their request.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nep-Nep posted:

I enjoyed it! I like how the level is mostly simple in concept but has a lot going on visually to make it more exciting. That last jump felt a bit nasty but not in a way that I think is bad but more like it taught me something.

The bullet bill jump? I'm having trouble getting through it. What did you do, wait to jump so the level pushes you?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Asema posted:

Springs will from my understanding

Is there any way to turn a koopa into a shell, then, without Mario helping? Bob-ombs seem to kill them entirely rather than leave a shell behind

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

eonwe posted:

The bullet bill jump? I'm having trouble getting through it. What did you do, wait to jump so the level pushes you?

Use the shoulder buttons to do a long jump.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm really looking forward to playing all the levels in the spread sheet and then trying my hand at a couple of my own. I can't stop thinking about Mario!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

"Currently out for delivery." Hurry it up, mail carrier!

Some cliff swallows built a nest over my front door and every time I go out to see if the mail has come yet I get dive bombed by the parents for being too close to their babies (there's at least three of them since that's the largest number of heads I've seen suck over the edge and they're about a week and a half old).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Nep-Nep posted:

Huh, could you guys record how you are trying to do it? The way I built the level it's simply, run, jump on the bullet bill and bounce off of him to get to the last platform

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is there a way to silence Luigi? The condescending gently caress.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So far, my favorite non goon level is Parallel Universe: NC5-Y8P-DBG

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Guys it's midnight, dark out and I'm thirsty. I gotta go downstairs and get a drink to cool off.

Midnight Fridge Run
DKQ - 3G0 - 97G

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Macaluso posted:

Huh, could you guys record how you are trying to do it? The way I built the level it's simply, run, jump on the bullet bill and bounce off of him to get to the last platform

Sure, here's a quick recording of how I play through the level, minus the dying at the end but that's not relevant since I show how I do the rest.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/445470250

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
Is there a way to turn off rumble for this game? I'm starting to get really annoyed with my joycons rumbling whenever I put something down in maker mode.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I just realized your maker profile has a tab for levels on which you have the world record. That's cool as hell.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nep-Nep posted:

Sure, here's a quick recording of how I play through the level, minus the dying at the end but that's not relevant since I show how I do the rest.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/445470250

Interesting. I forgot you could even long jump in 3D World.

Here's the intended way I designed it which is mostly the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMvMIdNBehg

(also it appears in my effort to add some flavor with the bees, I just provided you with a way to completely skip the butt stomping gimmick of most of that section :v:. That was certainly not intended )

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nep-Nep posted:

oh....duh. I beat it! really fun level, took me a long time though.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Macaluso posted:

(also in my effort to add some flavor with the bees, I just provided you with a way to completely skip the butt stomping gimmick of most of that section :v:)

Since it's an autoscroller it saves no time! So I just do it for fun. You can also damage boost one of the piranha vines in the first half for a similar non-time-saving skip.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Macaluso posted:

Interesting. I forgot you could even long jump in 3D World.

Here's the intended way I designed it which is mostly the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMvMIdNBehg

(also it appears in my effort to add some flavor with the bees, I just provided you with a way to completely skip the butt stomping gimmick of most of that section :v:. That was certainly not intended )

Every time I tried I'd just somehow hit the lava, but the long jump worked perfectly. Wonder what I was doing different from you by just doing a regular jump

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This game is awesome but I don't get why Nintendo was so stingy on the powerups. Unless I'm missing something Mario 3 basically only has a mushroom, leaf, and fireflower for powerups. Why can we not get the frog, tanooki, or hammer bros suits?

This is still my favorite game of the year but it's lame they took out the guest character mushrooms from the Mario 1 tileset and gave us no replacements.

edit: figured out copying items. (hold ZR) Still don't remember how to add multi coins to one block.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I saw in the previews you could pin things in the Pallet. Does anyone know how to do that?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

I saw in the previews you could pin things in the Pallet. Does anyone know how to do that?

Hold it down

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Attempt #3 - 43P-3R1-QJG

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Short and pretty easy level as my first try: 49B-JWQ-KPF

saltyslug fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 28, 2019

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I didn't play MM1. Is Kuribo's Shoe in this game?

This is very important.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I didn't play MM1. Is Kuribo's Shoe in this game?

This is very important.

Yes. Also Kuribo's Heel

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Also I think they added new potential capabilities for the shoe? I don't remember the big one being able to do a stomp in mm1, though maybe I just don't remember that.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Yes. Also Kuribo's Heel

This guy's feet must really be a sight

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Nep-Nep posted:

I just realized your maker profile has a tab for levels on which you have the world record. That's cool as hell.

I fired up old Mario Maker for nostalgias sake and discovered I still held the world record for a goon level. I'm glad to hear they've rolled that into profiles.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

saltyslug posted:

Short and pretty easy level as my first try: 49B-JWQ-KPG

Can you confirm the level ID? not finding this one.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Trying to test out the Night mode for levels and its effect on items, but it doesn't have any for some reason on any theme, e.g. 1UP mushrooms don't turn rotten. Any ideas?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Bolt Lux posted:

Trying to test out the Night mode for levels and its effect on items, but it doesn't have any for some reason on any theme, e.g. 1UP mushrooms don't turn rotten. Any ideas?

I think the poison mushroom was only on the ground theme.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ben Nerevarine posted:

This guy's feet must really be a sight

Kuribo is just the Japanese name for a Goomba.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kuribo is just the Japanese name for a Goomba.

Now I'm even more confused

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Having fun with this so far! I haven't played modern 2d Mario in a long time, so getting used to controlling feels weird, but overall I'm enjoying the story mode and the goon levels I've played so far.

Am I just bad or can SMW Mario not spin jump on grinders in this?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Just made another relatively easy/short level. I love making early game style levels.
This is done in SMB3 style with a secret area for coin lovers.

SMB3: fast, chill winter secrets BGY-7VW-R1G

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

J-Spot posted:

I think the poison mushroom was only on the ground theme.

That'd be why. Thanks!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Now I'm even more confused

The shoes are piloted by Goombas (not entirely sure why they left Kuribo untranslated in the name though).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

One thing I wish they would've added is buzzsaws being able to move on their own without the track. I think the track is so ugly and it's a pain to work around it to make it look good.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Just made another relatively easy/short level. I love making early game style levels.
This is done in SMB3 style with a secret area for coin lovers.

SMB3: fast, chill winter secrets BGY-7VW-R1G

Found your secret level! Very fun first world romp - really enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

The shoes are piloted by Goombas (not entirely sure why they left Kuribo untranslated in the name though).

probably a translation screw-up in the smb3 manual way back when that they've stuck with every since for some reason