Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

jackhunter64 posted:

90s Sega arcade racing game aesthetic is the loving best

https://twitter.com/hairofthewolf/status/1138275279909076992

:yeah:

A significant chunk of my Sega Saturn collection is racing games (Daytona USA, Sega Rally Championship, Sega Touring Car Championship, Manx TT Superbike, etc). They should do a Sega Ages release of any or all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Terraria is $30 lol gently caress that. Xbone and PS4 were $20 at release and PC is $10 but currently on sale for $5. Publishers have figured out that Switch fans are credulous saps that will pay ludicrous premiums over other platforms. The game doesn't even have local co-op so you're paying more for less content.

But it's okay because "it's the price for mobile gaming on the best platform"

But also because they could have thrown a $50 price tag on it and someone will defend it like they did the $50 Baldurs Gate bundle.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Isn't that what 1.01 is all about?

No, there are several patches coming to address things, including input lag. The input lag is what's stopping me from buying the game.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Mercury Crusader posted:

:yeah:

A significant chunk of my Sega Saturn collection is racing games (Daytona USA, Sega Rally Championship, Sega Touring Car Championship, Manx TT Superbike, etc). They should do a Sega Ages release of any or all of them.

Yup, Sega Saturn loving owned.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Through Mario Maker in the trash, I'm buying Catan

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

So apparently Team Ninja put a full on Spider-Man game in MUA3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8nBGZ0FndCE

:pray:

2 weeks. There's a page of characters with videos.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/apy2a/characters/index.html

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Hey Nintengoons, I just got my switch yesterday with BOTW and Cadence of Hyrule and i'm having a blast. I'm looking for more recommendations. I have a PS4 and a beefy PC, so I don't need recommendations for games that are already on those platforms.

I've looked at the main first party stuff (Mario, Splatoon, etc) and none of it strikes my fancy, so I'm looking more at indie / 3rd party titles.

Some of my all time favorite games are:
Dead Cells
Hollow Knight
Hyper Light Drifter
Ori and the Blind Forest
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Sleeping Dogs
Guacamelee
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Cave Story
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Mirrors Edge

As you might have noticed, metroidvanias are right up there. I've been playing bloodstained on my PC and its a blast.

I hear the new blaster master zero series is pretty metroid-esque, is it good?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

bushisms.txt posted:

:stare: holy poo poo this game is going to rule

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Blaster master zero was pretty good. I havent played the second one.

Steamworld dig 1 and 2 are good, short metroidvanias.

Into The Breach is not even a little bit metroidvania. Not the slightest hint of metroidvania. But it's an awesome awesome strategy game and its half off right now

Edit: the mummy returns was a pretty decent metroidvania. Perfectly competent, worth a look

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Lechtansi posted:

Hey Nintengoons, I just got my switch yesterday with BOTW and Cadence of Hyrule and i'm having a blast. I'm looking for more recommendations. I have a PS4 and a beefy PC, so I don't need recommendations for games that are already on those platforms.

I've looked at the main first party stuff (Mario, Splatoon, etc) and none of it strikes my fancy, so I'm looking more at indie / 3rd party titles.

Some of my all time favorite games are:
Dead Cells
Hollow Knight
Hyper Light Drifter
Ori and the Blind Forest
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Sleeping Dogs
Guacamelee
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Cave Story
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Mirrors Edge

As you might have noticed, metroidvanias are right up there. I've been playing bloodstained on my PC and its a blast.

I hear the new blaster master zero series is pretty metroid-esque, is it good?

i wanna say one of the wonderboys is a metroidvania but cant quite remember, just going by what i've heard.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

If you have a PC and PS4, you likely aren't going to find games outside of Nintendo 1st Party games that you haven't already played on those systems.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Spider-Man looking like a Warriors character

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Has there been anything to indicate there's a way to play as the villains?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Shadow225 posted:

If you have a PC and PS4, you likely aren't going to find games outside of Nintendo 1st Party games that you haven't already played on those systems.

But you could rebuy titles at a higher cost to play on the go!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Vikar Jerome posted:

i wanna say one of the wonderboys is a metroidvania but cant quite remember, just going by what i've heard.

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is basically one

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Shadow225 posted:

It's also great for games you didn't play on PC or PS4 because they're far more suited to handheld.

gently caress any other version of Hollow Knight.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

bushisms.txt posted:

This game is just Marvel Warriors.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/guybenbrown/status/1144280544097837057?s=19

Who's happy for new mario?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Jose Oquendo posted:

I hope they do it eventually because MODOK is in as a villain and I need playable MODOK.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Steve2911 posted:

gently caress [...] Hollow Knight.

Fixed :troll:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Mario Maker 2 is awesome, and also very good at informing me that I am still complete trash at Mario games. I love it. :unsmith:

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Shadow225 posted:

This is true, but also a lot of indies are really REALLY good when you can play them on the move / in bed.

Slay the Spire+Darkest Dungeon I've now nearly fully completed twice because of Switch convenience.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
just rage quit that level with chain chomps that you cant jump in. mario maker 2 is good.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/eu_rasi_a_3678/status/1144115624194404352

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Cojawfee posted:

3D world is its own thing. It is separate from the other themes and has its own items and gimmicks.

And yet they couldn't find the time to add Doki Doki Panic, a thirty year old game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

And yet they couldn't find the time to add Doki Doki Panic, a thirty year old game.

Doki Doki Panic isn't a Mario game. Topic Locked.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Hi, I don't think the "blank game" mode is anything - I think it's just Nintendo being Nintendo.

But if it is something, I think it'd be 3D World as actual 3D, not just the sidescrolling-ness of it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I like the way MM2 doesn't burn through the battery in the story mode.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Hopping onboard the "Mario Maker 2 is loving awesome" train! I never played 3D World, so this is my first time experiencing feline Mario, and his "meow" is absolutely :3:. Makes me really want a 3D World port.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

Satisfye elite case

Unfortunately, I don't think that it nicely fits extra joycons unless I'm missing something. There zippered top isn't wide enough to fit joycons without pressing the sticks, and the battery storage area under the grip is just a hair too small as well.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bushisms.txt posted:

goddamn, Team Ninja was such an inspired choice to take this IP. This sounded like a bizarre choice for Nintendo to revive but I guess the Nintendo Warriors games and level of polish therein somehow made sense for a deceased dungeon crawler beat 'em up.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Magneto and Venom are the only boss characters you unlock to play so far, no idea if there's more. Of the expansion packs to come, it doesn't sound like there will be any villains included unless Dr. Doom comes with the F4 pack and the X-Men pack includes someone like Omega Red or Sabretooth.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I didn’t even know Team Ninja was developing MUA3, my interest just shot up dramatically

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Augus posted:

I didn’t even know Team Ninja was developing MUA3, my interest just shot up dramatically

it's gonna fucken rule

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

BisterdDave posted:

Hopping onboard the "Mario Maker 2 is loving awesome" train! I never played 3D World, so this is my first time experiencing feline Mario, and his "meow" is absolutely :3:. Makes me really want a 3D World port.

It’s such a delightful game so I hope so too. I’m hoping having the theme builds up interest.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Doki Doki Panic isn't a Mario game. Topic Locked.

Your clear cultural bias against shy guys and bob-ombs won't stand

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Augus posted:

:stare: uh yeah mine too.

There are too many good games come ooooout!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I cant connect to the internet on my Switch at work so I've just been playing Story Mode. That don't take your feet off the ground stage was devious.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
What is the cheapest way to buy nintendo eshop money? There's some 10% off voucher people are talking about, and you can get it discounted somewhere or something like that?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Stickman posted:

Unfortunately, I don't think that it nicely fits extra joycons unless I'm missing something. There zippered top isn't wide enough to fit joycons without pressing the sticks, and the battery storage area under the grip is just a hair too small as well.
I fit the jumpgate, wall plug charger for jumpgate, extra joycons(with grips) in mine, along with the charger bank and two usb c cables. The trick with the joy cons is to place them with the buttons facing "down" or towards the casing. When you close it, they will be on top.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

redreader posted:

What is the cheapest way to buy nintendo eshop money? There's some 10% off voucher people are talking about, and you can get it discounted somewhere or something like that?

The voucher is for select first party games (pretty good selection too), and it's $100 for two games that would normally cost $60 each. Need a Switch Online membership to buy it, but it's a good deal if you were gonna buy those games anyway.

The 10% off eShop credit is from Costco