Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

VitalSigns posted:

I feel like Williamson confuses people the same way Gabbard does.

Legitimately better than 95% of Democratic politicians, yet still utterly horrible. But a ton of people hear someone say the first, and immediately jump to the conclusion that this is the same as saying she's good, because the alternative would be to face the fact that the party is mostly a pack of greedy evil opportunists lusting for foreign blood.

that's my takeaway when sean10mm starting whining about people stanning for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

the continued joking reactions to williamson has me half-convinced she’ll see a bump in donations and polls post-debate. not major, but more than yang and many of the also-rans who have been forgotten in the commentary

like, i think Bennett got twice her speaking time and i haven’t heard him discussed at all in the press

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1144677420005507072

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

the continued joking reactions to williamson has me half-convinced she’ll see a bump in donations and polls post-debate. not major, but more than yang and many of the also-rans who have been forgotten in the commentary

like, i think Bennett got twice her speaking time and i haven’t heard him discussed at all.

Please do not falsely claim people were there when they weren't, it's vicious and rude.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

how many times in a day can the biden campaign stab themselves?

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
One has to imagine this will be the wedge that tears older black voters away from Biden.

Edit:
I guess the returns are coming in. Huh.
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1144676029883133952

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1144643009654525953

lol didn't everyone know he picked biden so the whites wouldn't be so scared?

Ah noted brain genius Michael Tracy

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

unwantedplatypus posted:

I think Marianne Williamson is actually better than 95% of the other fuckos who were on that stage, and the biggest reason people itt arent willing to offer her a degree of unironic support is due to her pre-existing reputation as a non-serious candidate. She's the only one who really talked about imperialism, preventative health care, or actual reparations. Her last bit talking directly to Trump might have been an attempt to get him to tweet about her, which would be pretty drat smart (thought she also might just be a bit kooky and that wasn't a consideration for her).

It's not that she's "kooky", she's an out and out anti-vaxxer. Measles maims and kills people. Cervical and throat cancer maim and kill people. These issues and more are now largely preventable because of vaccines. We used to have poo poo like smallpox and yearly polio seasons and we don't anymore because of modern loving medicine. We have record outbreaks of diseases that were previously declared eradicated in the United States because anti-vaxxers keep traveling to areas with active outbreaks and bringing it back home. These outbreaks affect newborns, the immunocompromised, folks who were vaccinated but the vaccine didn't take and the medically neglected children of anti-vaxxers.

Why is this so difficult for folks like you to understand? You can't claim to be for climate change if you're going to turn around and ignore other well documented scientific phenomena like the fundamentals of public health.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Solkanar512 posted:

It's not that she's "kooky", she's an out and out anti-vaxxer. Measles maims and kills people. Cervical and throat cancer maim and kill people. These issues and more are now largely preventable because of vaccines. We used to have poo poo like smallpox and yearly polio seasons and we don't anymore because of modern loving medicine. We have record outbreaks of diseases that were previously declared eradicated in the United States because anti-vaxxers keep traveling to areas with active outbreaks and bringing it back home. These outbreaks affect newborns, the immunocompromised, folks who were vaccinated but the vaccine didn't take and the medically neglected children of anti-vaxxers.

Why is this so difficult for folks like you to understand? You can't claim to be for climate change if you're going to turn around and ignore other well documented scientific phenomena like the fundamentals of public health.

The thing is that most other candidates in the race are for things that maim and kill even more people.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

goddammit.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
At this point, if a candidate says anything anti-science they should be drummed out, imo. We don't have time to play games with people's uneducated belief systems.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Solkanar512 posted:

It's not that she's "kooky", she's an out and out anti-vaxxer.

Except she explicitly said she isn't an anti-vaxxer:

quote:

“I understand that many vaccines are important and save lives. I recognize there are epidemics around the world that are stopped by vaccines. I also understand some of the skepticism that abounds today about drugs which are rushed to market by Big Pharma. I am sorry that I made comments which sounded as though I question the validity of life-saving vaccines. That is not my feeling and I realize that I misspoke.”

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Flip Yr Wig posted:

One has to imagine this will be the wedge that tears older black voters away from Biden.

Edit:

Biden stumbles into debate stage on oxygen tanks: *O..O..Ooo-ba-ma*

*wild cheers and applause, approval ratings goes up +10*

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Solkanar512 posted:

no-one is ignoring it. a lot of the other shitheads in the dem primaries espouse ideas that are more destructive in our current society, especially since those ideas are not controversial despite being so destructive.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

VH4Ever posted:

....wow. His campaign's ongoing self-destruction amuses me.

"This will be the end of Biden's primary campaign" thinks increasingly nervous goon (me) for fifth time this year.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

phasmid posted:

At this point, if a candidate says anything anti-science they should be drummed out, imo. We don't have time to play games with people's uneducated belief systems.

What about anti-civil rights?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Solkanar512 posted:

maybe the actual "cancer" is US imperialism in latin america

and the vaccination is Williamson

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Solkanar512 posted:

I’d read she’s not anti vax but anti mandatory vax? Do you have a source for this claim otherwise?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Edit:

Last night's performance somehow reinforcing BIden's candidacy is the future America deserves

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

this is so sad, beto sing despacito

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Holy poo poo :stonklol:

So is Biden the fastest presidential campaign to collapse like a neutron star?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

selec posted:

I’d read she’s not anti vax but anti mandatory vax? Do you have a source for this claim otherwise?

Those aren't meaningfully distinguishable positions

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

kidkissinger posted:

What about anti-civil rights?

I mean, racial theory is antiscience so yeah, on top of it being the right thing to do.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Not sure why believing in the power of crystals or astral plane projection is any more strange than believing in angels or demons and that a god raised a person from the dead after dying on a cross.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I guess many of us have underestimated how conservative older black voters are.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

theblackw0lf posted:

Not sure why believing in the power of crystals or astral plane projection is any more strange than believing in angels or demons and that a god raised a person from the dead after dying on a cross.

or more to the point: capitalism

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Disagree. I am personally pro-mandatory, but I see being anti vax as being about science and the other question about policy around the science.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Edit:

This country is absolutely loving braindead

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

this is true. the thing that confuses me about this hyperventilation about her anti-vaxx positions is the lack of hyperventilating about other positions that are dangerous here and now, not just hypothetically dangerous. I guess because the mainstream candidates support hideous, awful policies that are mainstream, they shouldn't be worried about as much as a kook that probably thinks she can send hordes of angels into her bloodstream to fight off measels

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

TulliusCicero posted:

This country is absolutely loving braindead

that would explain why they empathize with Biden LOL

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

theblackw0lf posted:

The difference is more about people saying that "god can heal you through prayer so stop taking your medicine".

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Condiv posted:

this is true. the thing that confuses me about this hyperventilation about her anti-vaxx positions is the lack of hyperventilating about other positions that are dangerous here and now, not just hypothetically dangerous. I guess because the mainstream candidates support hideous, awful policies that are mainstream, they shouldn't be worried about as much as a kook that probably thinks she can send hordes of angels into her bloodstream to fight off measels

As far as I can tell, Williamson doesn't have "positions", she just has EMOTIONS

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Edit:

Excited for dem leaders to bring back segregation as a positive

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!
Yes Joe, this is a great strategy, please do this!

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

As far as I can tell, Williamson doesn't have "positions", she just has EMOTIONS

her criticizing of "plans" is probably a dog whistle for opposition to "planned" economy

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

selec posted:

Disagree. I am personally pro-mandatory, but I see being anti vax as being about science and the other question about policy around the science.

I'ev never heard of a reason to oppose mandatory vaccination (i.e., with medical exceptions only) that wasn't deriving ultimately from some form or another of woo-woo anti-science bullshit.

There aren't any good reasons to be anti-mandatory-vaccination.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i wouldn't be surprised. i still think she's less dangerous than a lot of acceptable, status quo democrats. likewise, i think the freakout about people saying anything nice about her is pretty silly

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

block people apparently saw white people go for Trump and thought “hey, we want a chance to ruin the country too”

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Typo posted:

that would explain why they empathize with Biden LOL

Just glad we will get to pick between the old rich white guy who opposed busing because "states' rights" (he is the "liberal" candidate :lol:!), and the old extremely corrupt rich white guy who wanted 5 black teenagers to die for looking at a white woman, which means they raped her in his dying brain

...How exactly do I get off this planet?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
When one is an immigrant one is required to have medical clearance and vaccinations. Is this not applied to children born of US citizens? Why is it not mandatory? I don’t support Marianne’s position it is up to the parent. It should be a requirement.