Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Joseph never seeing Tomoko is perfect imo. He did a lovely thing and giving him closure or forgiveness isn't needed. She's still carrying a torch for him and there really isn't anything that seeing him again would do to fix it, Josuke, perhaps the most emotionally intelligent of the cast realizes this and makes those boundaries clear.

Like Tomoko has spent sixteen years being a single mom secretly hoping that Joseph will come back while Joseph has spent those years rich and unaware that she ever thought about him again. Seeing each other would be the wooooorst thing to happen

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Most definitely. If anything, the idea that Joseph could show up in Morioh at will might make things worse. Or it might cause Tomoko to go to New York.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'm not sure if this was in supplementary material or fan speculation, but somewhere it was suggested he let go of his training so he would grow old with Suzie Q.

Sounds like fan speculation to me, especially since we're talking about a dude who's two least favorite things are "Hard Work" and "Working Hard" :v:.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

ChaosArgate posted:

Sounds like fan speculation to me, especially since we're talking about a dude who's two least favorite things are "Hard Work" and "Working Hard" :v:.

Suzie: Oh Joseph, you just wanted to grow old with me, huh? :)
Joseph: Y...Yeah! I sure did, honey...

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Expect My Mom posted:

Joseph never seeing Tomoko is perfect imo. He did a lovely thing and giving him closure or forgiveness isn't needed. She's still carrying a torch for him and there really isn't anything that seeing him again would do to fix it, Josuke, perhaps the most emotionally intelligent of the cast realizes this and makes those boundaries clear.

Like Tomoko has spent sixteen years being a single mom secretly hoping that Joseph will come back while Joseph has spent those years rich and unaware that she ever thought about him again. Seeing each other would be the wooooorst thing to happen

Tomoko seeing Jotaro and immediately latching onto him was the saddest thing in the world so yeah, definitely better that she didn't see the real deal.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Mighty Dicktron posted:

John McAfee and his stand, 「WHALE ON THIS」

I don't get it

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

whalestory posted:

I don't get it

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1010682321106821125?lang=en

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1079863420458074112

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

And then there's the other layer of tragedy that he'd be a shell of himself compared to her memory. For the most part Joseph in DiU just makes me sad from his infidelity down to his slide into senility.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sockser fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 27, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm glad DavidPro went the extra mile to give Ghiaccio acess to Twitter in the afterlife.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

What the gently caress is up with rich people.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
John McAfee is one of those comically nuts people that's actually as loving crazy as media depictions of the insane (because of their poor understanding of the mentally unwell.)

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Isn't he also, allegedly, wanted for murder in some country?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No one post the hammock video.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Glagha posted:

Isn't he also, allegedly, wanted for murder in some country?
Yeah, the government of Belize has some questions for him that he's refused to answer

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah, the government of Belize has some questions for him that he's refused to answer

He hid the victim’s body in a whale’s vagina... But which one?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1144418786797166592

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have genuinely no idea that hour special could even remotely be

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Eps 1 & 2 of Part 6?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that would be cool as gently caress if highly unlikely for multiple reasons but part 5 is technically a bit shorter than part 4 so 39 eps should absolutely be enough time to cover what's left

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Could be some of Araki’s followup stuff akin to the Rohan things

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

that would be cool as gently caress if highly unlikely for multiple reasons but part 5 is technically a bit shorter than part 4 so 39 eps should absolutely be enough time to cover what's left

Animated adaptation of the Part 5-2 novel.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
https://twitter.com/macchalion/status/1144582772306206720

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
what @ that episode

Did he just punch his soul

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

This kinda sucks haha

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I need some clarification on a couple of things that happened in today's episode.
Diavolo was hiding in Trish's body and used the time skip to get closer to Mista's body so he could grab Spice Girl. Did I get that right? Also, does Diavolo kakyoining Spice Girl not affect him at all? If Trish dies, he won't have a body to possess.

Spermando fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 28, 2019

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Spermando posted:

I need some clarification on a couple of things that happened in today's episode.
Diavolo was hiding in Trish's body and used the time skip to get closer to Mista's body so he could grab Spice Girl. Did I get that right? Also, does Diavolo kakyoining Spice Girl not affect him at all? He should be hurt too, right? And if not and Trish dies, he won't have a body to possess anyway.

I'm pretty sure he was always in Mista's body. There were hints for this last episode when Trish thought she saw something in a mirror (it was King Crimson) as they were leaving the Colosseum. Also, the episode showed King Crimson/Diavolo taking damage from the hit he did to Mista's body to propel himself forward. As for why he'd survive and Trish would not...I dunno, he's the final boss/bad guy, his soul is tougher maybe? But it doesn't look like he got out of it clean.

Looking forward to Triple H showing up next episode.

Ever Disappointing fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 28, 2019

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Thumbtacks posted:

what @ that episode

Did he just punch his soul

Chariot works as the shadow to your soul, which is why it's black and its shadow always faces away from you. Breaking the "light" that is your soul harms Chariot, just like harming his will harms your soul.

A lot of convoluted stuff like this starts showing up in later series, so get used to it. It's normally simple once you figure out what the base concept is as opposed to the long winded explanation.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Spermando posted:

Diavolo was hiding in Trish's body and used the time skip to get closer to Mista's body so he could grab Spice Girl. Did I get that right? Also, does Diavolo kakyoining Spice Girl not affect him at all? If Trish dies, he won't have a body to possess.

Diavolo is a little more durable than Spice Girl/Trish as is Mista's body more durable than Trish and figures that he can grab and stab himself with the arrow before he has to worry about any further effects. He still damaged himself around equal to Mista's body's damage.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The whole soul light chain of logic was hilariously insane.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Just four more episodes until Stone Ocean ...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A58aaxaXAoM

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
My mental image of Diavolo is anchored directly to King Crimson instead of his tatted-up rock star look at this point. Pouring one out for Doppio, the best lieutenant a mafia don could ask for.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 28, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah Mista you for sure did not shoot him non lethally.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Does that mean three more recap episodes? :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Darko posted:

Chariot works as the shadow to your soul, which is why it's black and its shadow always faces away from you. Breaking the "light" that is your soul harms Chariot, just like harming his will harms your soul.

A lot of convoluted stuff like this starts showing up in later series, so get used to it. It's normally simple once you figure out what the base concept is as opposed to the long winded explanation.

i would definitely argue that this segment is probably up there at the top in terms of 'what the gently caress' for the whole series as it exists so far. this definitely isn't the norm

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 28, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We see King Crimson cough up blood, so he for sure hurt himself when he attacked Trish.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
There's definitely going to be more "what the gently caress" moments, especially in Part 6, but nothing as convoluted as everything that just happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

i would definitely argue that this segment is probably up there at the top in terms of 'what the gently caress' for the whole series as it exists so far. this definitely isn't the norm

It's top 3, definitely, but this is the point where we see more and more convoluted stuff even in normal fights, much less climaxes.