Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

Moktaro posted:

Didn't Neuer give up a comedy goal to the US men in a friendly, or was that another German keeper?

That goal vs South Korea in the WC group stage immediately comes to mind, but that was desperation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

French CB might want to be careful trying to ride Mewis like a horse inside the box

That is Renard and she deserves a worthy steed.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Moktaro posted:

Didn't Neuer give up a comedy goal to the US men in a friendly, or was that another German keeper?

His gaffe versus South Korea in the World Cup last year was a World Cup Moment™.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bourricot posted:

I think he did in the latest WC, but not sure about the other team.

It was against South Korea and it loving owned

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
The referee is being remarkably tolerant of some really poo poo diving in this game

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Moktaro posted:

It was Ter Stegen. One of my favorite goals for his facial reactions.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I can't imagine what its like playing at this level. I am sure it would be fun.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

kingturnip posted:

The referee is being remarkably tolerant of some really poo poo diving in this game

Have we had a yellow for diving in this tournament yet?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

habeasdorkus posted:

I had forgotten about this haha

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Ah, it was Ter Stegen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDn6X3W7RSQ

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nice from Lavelle

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I recommend trying to shoot away from the goalie

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's shocking the extent to which every single one of my pregame thoughts was wrong.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Lavelle has been drat fun to watch.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
midfield play has been mediocre on the USA side, really digging the work Dunn is putting in tho

e: dunn not gunn lmao what am I a tailor

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 28, 2019

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Midfield has silenced Henry. Dunn has been excellent against Diani. Most of the French attacks are going at O'Hara, which I am absolutely comfortable with. Rapinoe looks great. I know nothing about this sport.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I wonder who writes the dumb poo poo Rob Stone says.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I am amazed at their vim and vigor in the first half with how hot it is. Hope they have the ice baths prepped for halftime.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
France seemed pretty nervous and tentative early. I wonder if the same will happen if they can't score early in the second and start feeling the clock

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

habeasdorkus posted:

not the same play, but

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I dont know much about soccer beyond what I learned from an LP of Football Manager and watching England vs Italy 2014 in a bar in Rome at 2AM with hundreds of drunk Italians, but it feels like these two teams are pretty evenly matched? Also that first goal was some hilariously lucky bullshit.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Hope Solo is giving out about diving Brazilians. Just like I do!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

habeasdorkus posted:

I am amazed at their vim and vigor in the first half with how hot it is. Hope they have the ice baths prepped for halftime.

yeah this too, I'm like "eah things could look better" but it's what 95 degrees out? playing in those conditions is monstrous

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gunshow Poophole posted:

yeah this too, I'm like "eah things could look better" but it's what 95 degrees out? playing in those conditions is monstrous

It’s 85.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

CubanMissile posted:

Lavelle has been drat fun to watch.

By hook or crook I'm getting a Lavelle shirt this weekend. She's my favorite player on the US.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sydin posted:

I dont know much about soccer beyond what I learned from an LP of Football Manager and watching England vs Italy 2014 in a bar in Rome at 2AM with hundreds of drunk Italians, but it feels like these two teams are pretty evenly matched? Also that first goal was some hilariously lucky bullshit.

It's a whipped ball low into a dangerous area. Getting a deflection or the keeper not seeing it is the entire idea.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Sydin posted:

Also that first goal was some hilariously lucky bullshit.

I mean it's the play in that situation, you literally saw Ertz ghost it through her legs.

Big Huski Boi posted:

It's a whipped ball low into a dangerous area. Getting a deflection or the keeper not seeing it is the entire idea.

yeah! haha

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Big Huski Boi posted:

Midfield has silenced Henry. Dunn has been excellent against Diani. Most of the French attacks are going at O'Hara, which I am absolutely comfortable with. Rapinoe looks great. I know nothing about this sport.

I think that while the US has been good defensively Henry has just giving it away too often on her own

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Pundits having a serious discussion about the tightness of this game as the birdie song blares in the background.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Sydin posted:

I probably wrote that LP if it was at SA.

Your impression is correct, these teams are really well matched.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

That Bouhaddi on Rapinoe tackle...

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

habeasdorkus posted:

I want more San Marino! :argh:

Looks like Dunn is stepping up, that's nice to see.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Grimson posted:

y i k e s

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

habeasdorkus posted:

It was an SSLP from years ago about taking some podunk Welsh team of nobodies to Premire Leage champions. If it was you than thank you because that LP owned.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Grimson posted:

"President Trump sends his regards"

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Nice shot of New Yorkers ignoring the goal on the Times Square big screen.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Rapinoe was victim to another really dodgy-looking tackle as well. Seems okay though!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Wow fast start

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sydin posted:

It was an SSLP from years ago about taking some podunk Welsh team of nobodies to Premire Leage champions. If it was you than thank you because that LP owned.

Was it the Parmos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The French are so bad at the Iceland thunder clap. You'll never get thunder if you're that far out of sync!