Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

theblackw0lf posted:

Interestingly while Harrs's approval went up considerably, her disapproval went up slightly.

Though that might just be statistical noise

Most people will have their disfavorables increase with their favorables. It means people are paying attention to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why yes new york times we need to hear from the senior editor of the national review.

https://twitter.com/RameshPonnuru/status/1144680864456105984

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Trabisnikof posted:

Except she explicitly said she isn't an anti-vaxxer:

“Skepticism about big pharma’s vaccines” is still an anti-vaccine position.

She’s not an anti-vaxxer in the same way Harris is pro single payer.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
edit: nm

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 1, 2019

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

kidkissinger posted:

It's even more of a moot point if there are no Democrats fighting for it, or if Democrats are fighting against it.

That's why you vote them out.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Trabisnikof posted:

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1662705755

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theblackw0lf posted:

Interestingly while Harrs's approval went up considerably, her disapproval went up slightly.

Though that might just be statistical noise

That's to be expected as some people with no opinion form opinions after seeing the debate, some of those opinions are going to be bad. Most candidates had favorability and unfavorability go up a bit, as long as the former goes up more than the latter it's good for you.

Obviously the ideal is to do so good that it converts people who don't like you, but hey

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Donating to Williamson is like donating to Yang. Give it to worthy causes ffs

Irony is brain poison

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Judakel posted:

That's why you vote them out.

That was the point of my post

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

VH4Ever posted:

Basically at this point, I'll take any event that fucks Biden over and prevents anyone but Bernie or Warren from winning. One, the other or both.

Warren is not an acceptable nominee as she will still lose and has no track record of supporting any of this newfound leftism. I don't even want her as VP, as she might influence the administration to waterdown proposal and is a warhawk.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Williamson now has higher unfaves than faves according to that chart, because people don’t actually want Melisandre to be President.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

kidkissinger posted:

That was the point of my post

~good to know~

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Mellow Seas posted:

Williamson now has higher unfaves than faves according to that chart, because people don’t actually want Melisandre to be President.

Yo quit it with the Harry Potter references

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Unoriginal Name posted:

Donating to Williamson is like donating to Yang. Give it to worthy causes ffs

Irony is brain poison

she's the only candidate with a plan for a mass exodus back to the primeval plane
https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/145658786131099649

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

TGLT posted:

she's the only candidate with a plan for a mass exodus back to the primeval plane
https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/145658786131099649

Williamson is literally a Yithian

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/joshjame/status/1144692879958392832

Always a good sign when you have to send out an email the next day explaining yourself.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Trabisnikof posted:

Though so did Trump.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Literally the best move was, as I stated, to lean back and let the centrists knife each other. Warren, your turn to knife Biden is up next. Let's hope it is enough.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/37081071291990016

i'm p sure people still hurt each other in evangelion

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
she's not anti-vaxxers she just thinks prayers cure swine flu

gets your facts and revolutionary consciousness straight liberal

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/37081071291990016

i'm p sure people still hurt each other in evangelion

I love her holy poo poo

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Judakel posted:

Literally the best move was, as I stated, to lean back and let the centrists knife each other. Warren, your turn to knife Biden is up next. Let's hope it is enough.

So what those charts are telling me is that everyone did a good job

yay gold stars all around

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

angels are monstrous beings that had to say "be not afraid" whenever they appeared to humans so they wouldn't poo poo their pants.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/joshjame/status/1144692879958392832

Always a good sign when you have to send out an email the next day explaining yourself.

I am thoroughly amused that he skips right on by the issue of racism.

Imagine the McCain "health of the mother" gif but its Biden and "Voting Rights Act"

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Koalas March posted:

This is how we got Trump

No Trump supporters were 100% sincerely on board with him from the beginning. We got Trump because the democratic party ran a lovely candidate who ran a lovely campaign.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

angels are monstrous beings that had to say "be not afraid" whenever they appeared to humans so they wouldn't poo poo their pants.

Can't imagine hurting another human being when a thousand flaming wheels of eyes descend upon you.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

I don't think she's talking about Christian angels here

Edit: I feel like you wouldn't have criticized Lincoln over his similar interpretation

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

kidkissinger posted:

but rather blood angels savior of humanity

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Groovelord Neato posted:

except that one bisexual one shinji had a crush on

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Typo posted:

but rather blood angels savior of humanity

The better angels of our nature!

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1144693644223381504

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Wine mom wint

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Centrists trying to slander and attack Williamson is just reassuring me of her power. Soon, Aldebaraan will be low on the horizon and the chakras will be aligned.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
She sounds like my vegan carnie juggler aunt when she's three deep into the sangria. She can't be president but at least she's not another liberal angling to be a collaborator.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

kidkissinger posted:

Edit: I feel like you wouldn't have criticized Lincoln over his similar interpretation

I'm pretty sure Lincoln was speaking metaphorically. I'm not sure about Williamson.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Epicurius posted:

I'm pretty sure Lincoln was speaking metaphorically. I'm not sure about Williamson.

Good point

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

:catstare:

What in the gently caress

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Solaris 2.0 posted:

As I have stated before I do not like Harris but this poll makes me feel good because it shows Biden is vulnerable, as many goons predicted he would be.

Yea Harris was the one who took advantage, but I hope Warren or Bernie can get some shots in at the next debate and finish off Biden before turning on Harris.

Eh, rather than finish him off, I'd prefer for Harris, Biden, and Warren to split the non-Bernie vote (so this outcome is still good).

If I'm being completely honest, I don't think Bernie's support will exceed the net support of people who don't want to vote for him (in the primary; I still think he would perform better than anyone else in the general). If Harris or whoever could successfully clear the field and get the media behind them, I believe they would beat Bernie. It's just too early and there are too many boomers/gen-x-ers still voting. But fortunately there are multiple candidates splitting the older-person vote (mainly Biden, Harris, and Warren), so he can possibly win a plurality.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

The Lord of Hats posted:

:catstare:

What in the gently caress
Biden cannot do anything without slamming his own dick in the door. It's like the Clinton campaign all over again, but I don't have to feel guilty about the schadenfreude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
https://twitter.com/nataliesurely/status/1144701977919709184