Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

For those that have tried the Trusts, how are they?

Thinking of running story dungeons with trusts first time around just to see the NPCs, and to avoid any and all queue issues.

they're competent, but a little slow to kill stuff as expected. could be that wall pulls are too dangerous for human party members too but alphinaud at least has trouble healing through them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
yeah after the login queue this morning I hit 73 right before the crash and had no issues all day so it's hard to be too upset, sorry work-goers that you're coming into a trash fire

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/1b8398e9dc1a47bc5189555a84364bee056a63de

yep, DDoS, no eta of course

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

sexpig by night posted:

Yea hard to be too pissed I got booted after spending all morning in game smooth as silk.

Boy this game sure starts strong though, still not even 71 but I just finished That Quest right before the servers went down and jesus christ what a moment.

Yup, I'm in the same boat. Been playing since the servers came up and it's been an absolute blast. Great story, lots of excited people in-game, That Quest (holy poo poo), and I ran some dungeons as WHM to feel it out... I like it! The HoTs being on a shorter timer does make things more lively and I feel like I have more options for immediate healing and drat but I can spam Holy all the live-long day without a care in the world.

Whoever it was that said the average skill level of people running stuff was astonishingly high, I can second that. Everyone knew what they were doing! drat.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Well at least now I can go play Bloodstained while I wait for things to get unfucked.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

FeatherFloat posted:

Whoever it was that said the average skill level of people running stuff was astonishingly high, I can second that. Everyone knew what they were doing! drat.

Yep, it's usually like this for early access, at least as long as you can keep up with the general leveling push.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

isk posted:

Yep, it's usually like this for early access, at least as long as you can keep up with the general leveling push.

It's like all my namedays have come at once, holy gently caress. I've spent the last few months doing the most painful dungeon runs... this is a balm on my soul.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I played for an hour and a half and then had to go to work, I hope the servers are back up when I get home, I wanna see whatever big That Quest is people have been mentioning.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Can't believe Blizzard would DDoS the launch of Shadowbringers. I guess they had to get people to play 8.2 somehow.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I spent a little bit getting all my ducks in a row, fixing bars and cleaning up bags and then said "okay I am ready to start the expansion"

Then the very first quest where Tataru says some things while the screen goes white I get kicked off and haven't been able to log back in.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Did they implement auto log out or can I login Remotely when the servers are up and just AFK until I get home?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Holyshoot posted:

Did they implement auto log out or can I login Remotely when the servers are up and just AFK until I get home?

It has auto log out, but if you switch to a crafting class and begin a craft it won't kick you out.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Countblanc posted:

It has auto log out, but if you switch to a crafting class and begin a craft it won't kick you out.

Ahh ya that's right. Ty!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
don't worry the ddos will boot you out regardless.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Loving that this DDoS is perfectly timed to fall into the one window of time I had to play today. Real quality timing there.

:negative:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
This kind of thing is exactly why I'm giving Shadowbringers a week or two to calm down before I buy the expansion and resub.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I switched to viera

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Jesus, this expac gets Drakengard levels of hosed up. Seeing a Sin Eater come into existence is way more messed up than I expected it.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
MCH AF2 goggles work and /visor on Hrothgar, according to a handy pubbie in shout chat.

Based on names, it is now time to find out whether or not Hrothgar slavsquat for a /groundsit. :unsmiggh:

SettingSun posted:

A designated off tank class would be awful. Who wants to play second fiddle out of anything but necessity?

I mean, uh. 2nd tank is 1st DPS, basically. Just look at Bears in WoW for the entire TBC -> WOTLK era. (though, that said, I *do* get what you're saying. I got shoved into the offtank spot because I was one of the uh... less-mentally-deficient people in my static, and got to be the person that did all the mechanics, instead of actually tanking.)

edit: and I'm not using that as a euphemism, I mean, actually, mentally-deficient. One of the DPS was the MT's ex-husband, who managed to successfully hide the fact that he was completely redpilled until AFTER they got married, and that on top of believing in saving himself for marriage, that he only believed in reproductive sex. And he would loving stand in every single goddamn loving puddle.

edit edit: And parse near the bottom all of the time.

edit edit edit: coincidentally or not, as a Retadin. You can draw your own conclusions.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 28, 2019

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Stylistically dancer rules but I think it's a bit too simple to trudge through 10 levels of grinding to do the new content, so my big bulky lion boy is gonna be a ninja for now.

bondster
May 6, 2007

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers: Special Guest Scenerio Writer: Yoko Taro

In all seriousness I haven't felt such a level of dread in a game in a long long while

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://old.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/c6jg2h/qol_sound_finally_comes_through_headset_if/?st=jxgko7fc&sh=c97afa03

Apparently, the sound programmer rebuilt the game so that it doesn't crash when you plug in new sound devices? (Yoshida mad.)

Also, question: Is the dwarf area front half of the game, or the back half?

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

https://old.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/c6jg2h/qol_sound_finally_comes_through_headset_if/?st=jxgko7fc&sh=c97afa03

Apparently, the sound programmer rebuilt the game so that it doesn't crash when you plug in new sound devices? (Yoshida mad.)

Also, question: Is the dwarf area front half of the game, or the back half?

The lower half.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Crossed over to the First and one of the first things I see is a naked bunny Strawberry Panties. Surprise levels = 0.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
I apologize if this was posted already but, wow Voice #7 on Viera when fighting is really, really something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKp9UjdbuEM

Edit: Mandatory Watching!

Rastan Beeza fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 28, 2019

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I’m on my way home. Are the servers back up after the ddos?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

MCH AF2 goggles work and /visor on Hrothgar, according to a handy pubbie in shout chat.

one of two headgear i cared about! :woop:

the other is the head bandage, which i believe was also confirmed, hell yeah can't wait to change to a lion dad when i get home from work

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

CuddlyZombie posted:

I’m on my way home. Are the servers back up after the ddos?

Yep. I'm on Primal and playing fine.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rastan Beeza posted:

I aplogize if this was posted already but, wow Voice #7 on Viera when fighting is really, really something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKp9UjdbuEM

Big yikes.

Hopefully by the time I'm home from work in an hour the ddos will have chilled a bit and I can spend the next four straight days mainlining the msq.

vvv damnit I'm trying so hard not to click on that.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 28, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I played a bunch more and am almost level 30. I am trying to stick to the main quest but have gotten distracted a few times trying out different classes and stuff (I took PLD to 10 and same with WAR and a little bit of MNK whoops).

Then the servers crashed during an instance after I waited like 20 minutes for a party. :mad:

I'm on Zalera or whatever that world is called. If there are any goons on it hmu.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

so some of those new viera voices are terrible. anyone got videos of hrothgar voices so i can avoid having to create a dozen alts to listen for myself?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

let me make a fat cat, yoshi p, you coward

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Square Enix, please give overhaul monk animations to copy

Ran'jit. Kung fu master dodging with both hands behind his back will never stop being insanely cool.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Liking overhauled AST so far, with a single complaint: there's some really bizarre latency with using Play. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it feels sort of like I'm trying to get a macro to fire; I have to really jam that fucker before I can get it to work. Anyone else noticing this, or is it something on my end?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Minor early game character spoiler.

I'm so glad you can sit here.

I noticed you can now turn your character in the air mid-jump without having to hit any other button if you're using legacy camera.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 28, 2019

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Hommando posted:

Minor early game character spoiler.

I'm so glad you can sit here.

I'm the catgirl staring into the camera, photobombing you through someone's armpit.

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
I know all you guys are probably online playing/fantasiaing into bunny girls, but can any Ranged DPS folk tell me how they're feeling about BRD vs. MCH vs. DNC (for those that have unlocked it). I'm probably not getting any real playtime in till Wednesday but I'd like to choose a direction. (leaning MCH based on early returns).

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
After playing a few hours today, Summoner is no longer my thing. Which sucks because it was almost all I'd played in FFXIV (bit of Red Mage, Machinist, and Astrologian, other than that everything else I have is less than 30), aside form Scholar as a nice bonus for having it leveled at the same time. Just can't stand dealing with the DOTs and time to setup anymore. What DPS classes don't have to aggressively watch timers (buffs as part of a combo are fine) and don't have a notable ramp up time?

nessin fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

ChuckBTY posted:

I know all you guys are probably online playing/fantasiaing into bunny girls, but can any Ranged DPS folk tell me how they're feeling about BRD vs. MCH vs. DNC (for those that have unlocked it). I'm probably not getting any real playtime in till Wednesday but I'd like to choose a direction. (leaning MCH based on early returns).

I played a bunch of DNC earlier and it feels verrrry simple and binary. The dance thing is cool but it's also very simple, and otherwise you're similar to an RDM in that you're hoping for 50% procs. The only really cool bit I liked was weaving in and out of PBAOE range for the dance finishes and a few other AOE skills.

I have Bard at 70 but haven't touched it since ShB, but it seems to be in a very cool place.

Finally I have no idea about MCH but if these two don't seem like your thing then maybe MCH is the way to go!!