Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Shrapnig posted:

Anyone could win with that squad.

Maybe next time they'll actually look at the 'Football Manager' resumes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

All she does is win with a squad that is physically light years beyond 95% of their opponents.

France is extremely good.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Big Huski Boi posted:

Ellis never gets credit from anyone, including me, but she brought on Lloyd and Press and France barely even touched the ball after that. She made the right subs even if it sounds silly to bring on only attackers when defending a lead.

Yeah, Press especially killed that game right off. Nervy for a while but professionally done at the end. What a game.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Big Huski Boi posted:

France is extremely good.

I'm comfortable including France in the 5%.

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum
Happy for the USA but really bummed for France getting hosed out of the Olympics like that.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The keep showing this Volkswagen ad where Morgan takes of her jersey and she's wearing an identical one underneath and it confuses me every time.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Yeah, it sucks that France was subject to the luck of the draw in that respect.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

The keep showing this Volkswagen ad where Morgan takes of her jersey and she's wearing an identical one underneath and it confuses me every time.

They did that in a game to give their shirts to the kids

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

CubanMissile posted:

Maybe Alex Morgan just really likes the movie Airplane!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

whypick1 posted:

Maybe Alex Morgan just really likes the movie Airplane!

Yup, that's what always comes to mind.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Dunn looked great today, glad she seems to have figured it out.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

As if I needed more reason to see the US win:

https://twitter.com/FOXSoccer/status/1144406757566849024

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Who the hell do the French fans support in an England-US match.

I'm late to this, but they cheer for an extremely localized and shockingly sad meteor shower that somehow kills both sides and leaves the French countryside and stadium unscathed. Can't root for the meteor, because the meteor would hit France.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah, Press especially killed that game right off. Nervy for a while but professionally done at the end. What a game.

This is a jokepost right? because she was mostly invisible

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

habeasdorkus posted:

I'm late to this, but they cheer for an extremely localized and shockingly sad meteor shower that somehow kills both sides and leaves the French countryside and stadium unscathed. Can't root for the meteor, because the meteor would hit France.

Sinkhole

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Big Huski Boi posted:

Ellis never gets credit from anyone, including me, but she brought on Lloyd and Press and France barely even touched the ball after that. She made the right subs even if it sounds silly to bring on only attackers when defending a lead.

She brought on Horan at the right time too. I don't even hate the Lloyd and Press subs because if you don't have any faith in your defensive subs going to extra time having two fresh and badass attackers is the smart move.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Would cause property damage, OP.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

habeasdorkus posted:

Would cause property damage, OP.

Act of god

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
So glad the England match is on at noon and not a million o'clock.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The only bad thing about this is that I have to keep taking an hour or two of time off work to go properly watch the US matches.

Otherwise, holy poo poo I am so loving hyped. We're going to absolutely massacre our way to a fourth world cup star.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Are they even playing games in Marseille?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Okay, I'm swayed. Ellis made great substitutions this game

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Its coming shehome

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Total World Cup Titles:
Germany - 6
Brazil - 5
Italy - 4
USA - 3
Argentina - 2
France - 2
Uruguay - 2
England - 1
Japan -1
Norway - 1
Spain - 1

Goddamn, this really is a game where 22 people run around for 90 minutes and then the Germans win.

e: I'm a dummy and deleted Uruguay.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 29, 2019

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I was really confused until I realized you were combining the men's and women's titles.

Also, you forgot Uruguay's 2.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
France not getting to play in the Olympics is a real gut-punch, but cool that either Netherlands or Italy is gonna get to go instead.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/itsmeglinehan/status/1144719499121348608

I agree Go Gays

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Drunk Nerds posted:

Okay, I'm swayed. Ellis made great substitutions this game

would have preferred taking off Morgan but yeah it was pretty decent and i was clearly wrong (except for dunn being able to keep up with diani i was right about that!)

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

whypick1 posted:

I was really confused until I realized you were combining the men's and women's titles.

Also, you forgot Uruguay's 2.

gently caress, they were in my rough draft. Updated.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

would have preferred taking off Morgan but yeah it was pretty decent and i was clearly wrong (except for dunn being able to keep up with diani i was right about that!)

Dunn was magnificent.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

xeria posted:

France not getting to play in the Olympics is a real gut-punch, but cool that either Netherlands or Italy is gonna get to go instead.

drat that's on 8:00 A.M. on a Saturday. I'd like to see the winner of this match in the Final rather than Germany. Sweden even.

habeasdorkus posted:

Dunn was magnificent.

I told you guys she's got such a high performance motor every time she gets beat- and she gets beat plenty, she's already goalside the attacker again in 3-4 steps. Diani's one of the best in the world and you think she wasn't frustrated?

<Jill knew>

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Mambold posted:

<Jill knew>

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Mr. Mambold posted:

drat that's on 8:00 A.M. on a Saturday. I'd like to see the winner of this match in the Final rather than Germany. Sweden even.

Agreed, I'm way more excited about Italy/Netherlands than I am Germany/Sweden, and I wish the former was the semi from that bracket and not a quarter.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

a funny hat and a spyglass from being Madame Inspector Clouseau de la Surêté

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

The female Arsene

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

[quote="Mr. Mambold" post=""496317100"]
I told you guys she's got such a high performance motor every time she gets beat- and she gets beat plenty, she's already goalside the attacker again in 3-4 steps. Diani's one of the best in the world and you think she wasn't frustrated?

<Jill knew>
[/quote]

What you’re saying is that she’s a bad defender with the pace to make up for her mistakes.

Call me when she wins a tackle and manages to pass the ball to a teammate.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Shrapnig posted:

What you’re saying is that she’s a bad defender with the pace to make up for her mistakes.

Call me when she wins a tackle and manages to pass the ball to a teammate.

Are you trolling? Yes, of course you are-

I'm not saying any of that. She wins a high percentage of tackles, and makes good passes which, if you had 2 good eyes, you'd admit.....tell you what- you call #11, Kadidatou Diani instead and ask her if she had a good game.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Mambold posted:

Are you trolling? Yes, of course you are-

I'm not saying any of that. She wins a high percentage of tackles, and makes good passes which, if you had 2 good eyes, you'd admit.....tell you what- you call #11, Kadidatou Diani instead and ask her if she had a good game.

Could get confusing, that's the same pocket Dunn keeps her phone in.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

It's probably not coming home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
today it's pasta with surströmming. go italy and go sweden