Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

cool dance moves posted:

I'm glad commercial advertising has transcended wokeness and become pure nonsense

*dramatic music plays as we watch a puppy grow up in a loving family until finally the boy who became a young man gives it one last belly scratch as it is put down*
*its an ad for Cheez Whiz*

Sony was ahead of the curve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

cool dance moves posted:

I'm glad commercial advertising has transcended wokeness and become pure nonsense

*dramatic music plays as we watch a puppy grow up in a loving family until finally the boy who became a young man gives it one last belly scratch as it is put down*
*its an ad for Cheez Whiz*

advertising is and always has been primarily about making the customer associate an emotion with your product.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

Sandwich art, to be precise

:golfclap:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

gently caress lol

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Saying "Patrick" does notntell people I'm talking to about lgbt stuff that I'm enby and pan and gray ace

My name also isn't actually Patrick but you get my point

but once they know you as Patrick, they know you as a person, and that includes any other thing that is important to you and how you define yourself, including ace status or anything else.

the person is more important then the checkbox.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
the footlong tree of life

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

little munchkin posted:

advertising is and always has been primarily about making the customer associate an emotion with your product.

is contempt an emotion

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxADJT86-zs

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Hah, I was gonna say, serious tree of life vibes

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Serious though, tree of life owns. Every movie should have a 20 min interruption to show the evolution of life on earth, regardless of overall content or plot

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is this woke marketing?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The real italians are anarchists

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

but once they know you as Patrick, they know you as a person, and that includes any other thing that is important to you and how you define yourself, including ace status or anything else.

the person is more important then the checkbox.

Again the idea that people want to use language to describe themselves and their world and that's bad is incredibly nuclear but you're powercrazy so we all know you're dumb as poo poo

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

caring about oneself enough to define one’s own identity is ridiculously self-important and pretty harmful to society

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

making sure you have an easy way to describe important aspects of yourself to strangers is, imho, hitler

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

linguistic determinism is mostly bullshit, but there is a not altogether incorrect logic behind why the establishment conservatives tend to fight hard to keep representative terms for things they dislike from entering common use.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Jonathan Fisk posted:

caring about oneself enough to define one’s own identity is ridiculously self-important and pretty harmful to society

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
p unwoke to use adjectives on people imho

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
we are all one consciousness, and to claim an identifier is to yield to the Grand Enemy, who is called I

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

p unwoke to use adjectives on people imho

Like how "woke" translates to "insufferable".

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hi, I'd describe myself as Pepsi with a bit of Lockheed Martin mixed in.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

is she also a trans lesbian?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

we are all one consciousness, and to claim an identifier is to yield to the Grand Enemy, who is called I

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/heyitsyeh/status/1144364463769960449

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

linguistic determinism is mostly bullshit, but there is a not altogether incorrect logic behind why the establishment conservatives tend to fight hard to keep representative terms for things they dislike from entering common use.

Like inequality. Hasn't half the struggle been in reviving the conversation to find language people can understand because just talking about the problems has been verboten for so long?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hooray for basic human decency. at least they got PK Subban and Jack Hughes
https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/1145368641317285893

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
oreo's wringing a few extra drops outta pride month this week

https://twitter.com/Oreo/status/1145383884764454913

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

wtc they/them Oreos tho

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Two sides of the same awful coin

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Torn between mild annoyance at woke brands and delight at idiots getting furiously offended by woke brands.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
ngl I’d eat that crap

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

those look like sanitary wipe packages, extra woke

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Oreos are vegan too. That's a legit woke as gently caress cookie. Hoax/hoaxself

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

glad to know the obesity and diabetes/metabolic syndrome epidemic is #inclusive

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Dr. Killjoy posted:

ngl I’d eat that crap

i drink diet coke at work because it is the only free diet soda option. im still gonna keep drinking that garbage (or however rtump put it)

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

woke oreo. woreo. wario

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
wah! brands

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

:lol: @ that guy in the comments.

:qq: "I can't eat Oreos anymore."

:smug: "Heh, I guess I triggered you all."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Hoo boy, I guess I’d better pass on the cream!