Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Grape posted:

is rory stewart the guy who looks like a rl zombie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Grape posted:

he's willem dafoe's lord flashheart yeah

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bulgakov posted:

pittsburg

dear god your cultural insensitivity is immense.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

euphronius posted:

dear god your cultural insensitivity is immense.

*ahem*

poopsburg

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

what the hell are the aeros up to nowadays

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Grape posted:

yeah

'looks like'

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Bulgakov posted:

*ahem*

poopsburg

poopsburgH

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Weembles posted:

poopsburgH

o poo poo :negative:

please put me at the front of the :thermidor: line

no offense was ever intended but i will accept the price for my foolishness

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

how fair is putins criticism of British democracy, because while he just fakes a plurality we are currently having another El-presidente coronation by the tories

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bulgakov posted:

o poo poo :negative:

please put me at the front of the :thermidor: line

no offense was ever intended but i will accept the price for my foolishness

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:patriot:

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

School Nickname posted:

Quantum of Boris.

https://youtu.be/h6CoNUE5Zho?t=75

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

genericnick posted:

My dude wtf. Corbyn's Brexit compromise was a decent plan, but only from a politics point of view. It was always bad policy, because unless you go full Juche the EU will dictate the terms of trade even after you leave.
And the politics have turned since the fash and the BBC, but I repeat myself, have managed to redefine Brexit out of the range of the lowish damage Corbyn compromise.

'from a politics point of view' is undermining it though, Corbyns position also respected democracy.

you are right that the terms have changed though. farage trying to bring brexit party into the eu far right grouping was a real turning point, obviously for all-leavers-are-nazis chuds it wasn't but in reality trying to present single issue brexit voters are supporters of the european far right was extraordinarily anti-democratic. still not happy about a second ref but if democracy is getting shat on either way it becomes a lot more palatable.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Vitamin P posted:

'from a politics point of view' is undermining it though, Corbyns position also respected democracy.

you are right that the terms have changed though. farage trying to bring brexit party into the eu far right grouping was a real turning point, obviously for all-leavers-are-nazis chuds it wasn't but in reality trying to present single issue brexit voters are supporters of the european far right was extraordinarily anti-democratic. still not happy about a second ref but if democracy is getting shat on either way it becomes a lot more palatable.

lol it wasn't a turning point jesus christ. farage and pals never stopped being far right. the whole brexit project was sold on hatred of immigrants!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

i just found out it took you all a decade* to give women suffrage after we did in the States
* eight years

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Lol at calling people who think leave is a far right project "chuds"

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Relevant Tangent posted:

i just found out it took you all a decade to give women suffrage after we did in the States

And it took you three decades to ban slavery

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Relevant Tangent posted:

i just found out it took you all a decade to give women suffrage after we did in the States

tell me about slavery

e: drat

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

tell me about slavery

e: drat

U snooz u looz

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

marktheando posted:

lol it wasn't a turning point jesus christ. farage and pals never stopped being far right. the whole brexit project was sold on hatred of immigrants!

i already said in that very post that for all-leavers-are-nazis chuds it wasnt a turning point

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Gum posted:

banned in numerous states, generally the same states that gave women the right to vote

It is still an absolute moral failure and a stain on the soul of the nation though.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Vitamin P posted:

i already said in that very post that for all-leavers-are-nazis chuds it wasnt a turning point

It wasnt a turning point at all, you disingenuous cryptofash gobshite

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

The Swiss didn't give women the vote until the 70s!

Vitamin P posted:

Turning point suggests some kind of change occurred.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Stay in the EU morons

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Stay in the EU morons

Sorry both main parties have decided that they like brexiteer votes too much to say that brexit might be a bad idea.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

tell me about slavery

We learned it from watching YOU!

:qq:

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Coohoolin posted:

It wasnt a turning point at all, you disingenuous cryptofash gobshite

Yes it was, it undermined Farages argument by democracy because it proved he and the larger brexit party project also have no regard for democracy, this isn't complicated. And please be nicer my posting feelings are very delicate.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Vitamin P posted:

The Brexit Party and UKIP were always nazi parties, as evidenced by all the nazi viewpoints expressed by their leaders. You don't get a pass for being a "single issue voter" when you vote for fascists.

You'd think that if there was a platform for single-issue brexit voters who weren't cool with voting for a fascist, a party would appear to exploit it. Instead, you only got the single-issue party run by a known fascists and his cronies. You still haven't given a better reason for the Brexit Party's success than "people were too dense to realize that the party run by nazis would cooperate with nazis."

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Vitamin P posted:

Yes it was, it undermined Farages argument by democracy because it proved he and the larger brexit party project also have no regard for democracy, this isn't complicated. And please be nicer my posting feelings are very delicate.

how did it prove that? people saw farage being a fash and voted for his fash party, they then joined the fash group. sounds pretty democratic to me.

AnoHito posted:

We learned it from watching YOU!

:qq:

i mean really the USA only gave votes to white women in 1920 so it's a bit silly bragging about how the uk only gave women over 30 the vote in 1918.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Relevant Tangent posted:

i just found out it took you all a decade* to give women suffrage after we did in the States
* eight years

Yeah brag about your country's record on voting rights, American. This will surely go well for you.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Gum posted:

Absolutely untrue. The US never banned slavery.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bryter posted:

Yeah brag about your country's record on voting rights, American. This will surely go well for you.

Okay so

get this

what if......................both countries are bad??????

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Hillary had house slaves

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

slavs must be banned, hence brexit

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Gum posted:

Imagine having to include the South in every metric even if your own area does right by stuff. It is the stuff of madness.

I imagine that is how the EU feels about the UK these days. You're even seceding on bullshit racist grounds!

marktheando posted:

The Swiss didn't give women the vote until the 70s!

There was one canton that took until the goddamned 90's lol.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canton_of_Appenzell_Innerrhoden
And it apparently took a judgement by the highest federal court.

1991 for women to vote in local poo poo. Goddamn.

Grape has issued a correction as of 23:06 on Jun 28, 2019

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

marktheando posted:

Sorry both main parties have decided that they like brexiteer votes too much to say that brexit might be a bad idea.

You sound exactly like the far right guys whinging that the two main parties want muslims to vote for them. Votes are votes,

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Vitamin P posted:

You sound exactly like the far right guys whinging that the two main parties want muslims to vote for them. Votes are votes,

first they came for the racists

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

marktheando posted:

first they came for the racists

First they came for the communists actually whats your point

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

e: nm

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 23:37 on Jun 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Vitamin P posted:

why, exactly, should ANYONE be surprised or feel betrayed or whatever when after voting for the nigel farage A LITERAL FASCIST party, said party joined up with the far right?

elaborate please I am genuinely trying to understand why you think anyone who voted for the Farage Barrage didn't know who he was and what he stood for in the year 2019. dazzled by his charisma?