Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

3 hours left this is miserable

i was stupid to want to sleep last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?

eonwe posted:

Can you confirm the level ID? not finding this one.

Thanks! It's 49B-JWQ-KPF

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Here's my first real attempt at a level, it's short but I'm kinda proud of it: X1V-WX5-X4G

Also, forgive me for I have sinned: 47C-7D7-HGF
I was just using it to test the building controls, honest

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm gonna say it: this is a great game

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

This is my first time playing Mario Maker. How can I make it so a lift travels down a track and then when it reaches the end it falls off instead of reversing? The pigeon implied I could delete the end of the track, but all that happens is I shorten the track.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

LG7-FQP-R1G

Tried out my first Mario World style. It's a sky level with a little bit of difficult platforming but not a ton.

Been playing thru all the levels in the thread when I get the chance. Been some real great ones in here.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Haschel Cedricson posted:

This is my first time playing Mario Maker. How can I make it so a lift travels down a track and then when it reaches the end it falls off instead of reversing? The pigeon implied I could delete the end of the track, but all that happens is I shorten the track.

If you just tap (or press a) on the "box" bit at whatever end of the track, it'll toggle it off and on.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Thanks for the advice on controllers upthread! I only play in docked mode, so that rad joycon won't work for me, but I'll keep that in mind if it looks like I'll be doing any traveling.

someone awful. posted:

Am I just bad or can SMW Mario not spin jump on grinders in this?

It's not you, what Mario can and cannot spin jump on in MM2 is different from SMW. IIRC MM takes away a bunch of "safe" stuff from SMW when it comes to spinning.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
First level done, 87S-NWY-W4G

Super Expert target.

Not exceptionally creative, just a practice level for learning how the desert night wind effect stacks with stuff like conveyors, ice, moving platforms, etc. It isn't very long, so even if it looks impossible or frustrating at first, give it a shot.

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 28, 2019

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

DalaranJ posted:

BTW, thanks to the mods for surprise stickying the thread.

No problem! SMM1 was my GOTY when it last came out and my goodness this is even better I am absolutely in love with it!!

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Third course in my remake series:

Hitchin' a Ride
4P6-3KT-BGG
Difficulty: Super Expert
Multiplayer friendly?: God no

Ready for a real challenge? This was my only super expert stage in MM1 and may be my only one here. I like having at least one level that can come up in any endless given run though. This is no kaizo level though. In fact I don't think I've ever seen this particular gimmick repeated. The timing is a little different but for the most part it's the same level. I have no idea how this would function in multiplayer. It would either be impossible or completely broken.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I'm at work so I can't check at the moment, but does this game have multiple hotbars like MM1, or is it just 1 hotbar, plus the item circles when you press dpad-Up then Y?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

GreatGreen posted:

I'm at work so I can't check at the moment, but does this game have multiple hotbars like MM1, or is it just 1 hotbar, plus the item circles when you press dpad-Up then Y?

Just the one hot bar and then the circles as far as I can tell.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
This game is pretty much everything I had hoped the sequel would be, now on a system I can use more than 30 feet from a console!

I manually ported up one my old pieces of work from the Wii U version, a loving tribute to some of my favourite things in Mario 3. Have at it, if you'd like:

Mario 3's Greatest Hits
Difficulty: You know all of the tricks to these by heart
GLJ-4VD-D2H

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Holy poo poo, No Jumping Allowed in story mode is aggravating. Can’t wait for all the levels that use the same gimmick.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Just bought the game and am looking forward to playing you guys’ levels

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

TealShark posted:

This game is pretty much everything I had hoped the sequel would be, now on a system I can use more than 30 feet from a console!

I manually ported up one my old pieces of work from the Wii U version, a loving tribute to some of my favourite things in Mario 3. Have at it, if you'd like:

Mario 3's Greatest Hits
GLJ-4VD-D2H

This was simple but fun. Nailed the Mario 3 difficulty and style. Good job!

Edit: Here's my first for MM2, super short but can be tough at the end. Q81-2YC-20H

Beastie fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 28, 2019

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

SeANMcBAY posted:

I only played some coop online but you can teleport to another characters location when you respawn (you can also choose to spawn at the beginning or midpoint) and the NES controllers do work.

Nice! Glad to finally get some more use out of these things.

Still trying to figure out if you can go into the bubble with a button press like NSMBUD

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

I made a short level:

W4X-32F-VNF

The mario 3 pipe theme is kinda disappointing, the small pipes don't align well with the big ones :(

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

My first two levels

1-1 Bolder Beginnings
4KQ-8CW-8LG

It's rather easy but things are going to ramp up much quicker in the later levels.

1-2 Switch Ditch
768-43V-M2G

A slightly more harder challenge that makes use of the ON/OFF switch in an underground setting.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
I am starting to review levels on the Spreadsheet (Submit Here)
Air Attack: SM6-QTF-PFF
Good level, the opening is not friendly to speedrunning, as you have to walk backward to get the momentum to make the jump. Too many coins in the Bonzai Bill section lead players to their deaths.
Gruesome Grave: 4MP-12L-8VF
Did it first try, was I supposed to get in front of the spineyfriend?
Hurry Up and Wait! LMB-BTF-P5G
Fun level to speedrun, sawline 2 requiring a wait is fine, the reverse on the firebar conveyors was mean.
Two Goombas GVQ-TV7-2JF
Cute. Was promised 2 goombas, and it delivered. Thanks for the powerup.
Pipe Up QX7-B2C-8VF
Level no longer exists?
Easy, Short, & Fun: QJT-VVQ-6G6
Enjoyable romp. The secret koopa vault was fun, had some trouble getting back into the level proper though, as jumping out of water can be a bit... off.
Chain Chomp Factory: BG3-BX8-RDG
Fun little level, with optional tasks. Not much to say really, good to speedrun?
Falling with style: QJP-SBJ-PFF
I was aiming for the truck, I got the world record instead.
Abe01: NHR-HK3-l9G
This is an excellent traditional stage, fun to speedrun with plenty of challenges and things to explore. Would have preferred a coin line from the upper path to down, as its super tempting to leap of faith to the goal, possibly leading to getting a hole in 1 near the flag

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

TealShark posted:

Mario 3's Greatest Hits
GLJ-4VD-D2H

This level is fantastic. A warm blanket on a cold day comforting me with Mario 3 that I love.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

So I'm going to try to follow a rule of commenting on at least two levels for each one I upload since everyone wants feedback.

Procrastine posted:

I made a short level:

W4X-32F-VNF

The mario 3 pipe theme is kinda disappointing, the small pipes don't align well with the big ones :(

I liked the visual design on this level and you did great with the signposting of the path when I was worried it would be one of those courses where you had to pick a random pipe. Nice enemy placement. More of it would be good.

Pixeltendo posted:

1-2 Switch Ditch
768-43V-M2G

A slightly more harder challenge that makes use of the ON/OFF switch in an underground setting.

Short and sweet, not too hard and used the theme well. You definitely could expand on this. I like courses with a bit more challenge but there's nothing wrong with being gentle.

Okay, my first course done. Classic Kit: T59-98K-2NF

It's an all SMB1 theme level.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I went ahead and unlocked the Super Ball and made a level with it, meant to be a fun way to collect coins. Threshold is pretty low but hey maybe you can get a high score???

Other is just a tough 3D World stage as I wanted to try and make one :shobon:

Coin Ball Bash: 1KP - 7FQ - FQF
Bullet Festival: HV0 - 64L - 2NF

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Now for a dumb easy level:
ML1-KV3-XMG

:staredog:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
One more for today.

Course ID:
99M-3VB-HBG

Snow Saw Cliffs

Another auto-scroller. This one is a lot shorter than the previous one, as it doesn't have a second sub area. All of the floor is slippery however, so watch your step!

edit: Btw a lot of my courses will probably be auto-scrollers

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Re-did my previous level to make it easier.

ID# 1RXPRBFQF

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Finished my first ever level and really happy with it

Key to the Castle

3J8-HVS-MSG

I feel like it's a steady ramp up in difficulty witthout being too challenging, more of a "traditional" level.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It would be cool if they added the Koopalings someday maybe based on Mario Bros 3

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

The most fun I've had in a really long time is getting high as gently caress with my coworker while we switch off making levels for each other and watching each other play them. Do you unlock additional items through story mode?

E: GOTY

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
There's a real clear difference between how well I'm doing on levels that contain things I played dozens of SMM levels of like massive cannon airships, and objects I'm not used to like these drat bumpers.

karma_coma posted:

The most fun I've had in a really long time is getting high as gently caress with my coworker while we switch off making levels for each other and watching each other play them. Do you unlock additional items through story mode?

E: GOTY

You unlock the superball and the hammer power ups.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Pixeltendo posted:

My first two levels

These are pretty well designed for entry level courses. Looking forward to following you.

cheesetriangles posted:

LG7-FQP-R1G

Tried out my first Mario World style. It's a sky level with a little bit of difficult platforming but not a ton.
I apologize for tanking your clear rate by trying to speed run this so I could beat the guy who complained about you using the speed run tag. I kept forgetting to wait for the koopa.

Icedude posted:

Here's my first real attempt at a level, it's short but I'm kinda proud of it: X1V-WX5-X4G
I accidentally cheesed the first half by letting the thwomp go first, then letting it despawn.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Spacebump posted:

This game is awesome but I don't get why Nintendo was so stingy on the powerups. Unless I'm missing something Mario 3 basically only has a mushroom, leaf, and fireflower for powerups. Why can we not get the frog, tanooki, or hammer bros suits?

This is still my favorite game of the year but it's lame they took out the guest character mushrooms from the Mario 1 tileset and gave us no replacements.

edit: figured out copying items. (hold ZR) Still don't remember how to add multi coins to one block.

It's a toggle, not a hold

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lugaloco posted:

Finished my first ever level and really happy with it

Key to the Castle

3J8-HVS-MSG

I liked the way that you boxed in the coin challenges to let people see what's coming before getting into it. That was very effective.

Macaluso posted:

One more for today.

Course ID:
99M-3VB-HBG

Snow Saw Cliffs

This stage desperately needed some sign posting. The windows on some jumps are very tight and with the high speed scrolling and ice physics, if you haven't gotten things moving correctly before the jump appears then you're already dead.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Macaluso posted:

Course ID:
99M-3VB-HBG

Snow Saw Cliffs
That was intense! I almost dropped it after many deaths in the first half but I'm glad I stuck it out. Left it with a clear rate of 6.66.

BabyRyoga posted:

Now for a dumb easy level:
ML1-KV3-XMG

:staredog:
Thwomp killed the doggo. Too bad keeping it alive can't be a clear condition. Good level, though.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Is there a good way to open a path only when a certain enemy (or several enemies) die? I had an idea for a battle arena level, but I couldn't think of a good way to handle that part beyond simply dropping a key when a particular enemy goes down. And even with a key, I can only let a door open-- not sure if I can think of a way to have something else happen too.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wow online is actually unplayable. Has Nintendo ever fixed it's games in the past because it's a utter slideshow

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

nrook posted:

Is there a good way to open a path only when a certain enemy (or several enemies) die? I had an idea for a battle arena level, but I couldn't think of a good way to handle that part beyond simply dropping a key when a particular enemy goes down. And even with a key, I can only let a door open-- not sure if I can think of a way to have something else happen too.

a made a small battle arena! try level B6T-CJF-C3G and see what you think

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Add Poochy you cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't figure out Buried Stones in story mode and it's driving me crazy help