Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

RatHat posted:

I think at most she'll begrudgingly forgive them and let them go, becoming allies is a bit of a stretch.

It’s one piece though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
sanji will make the oshiruko and they'll have a huge party

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
this doesn't feel like the right place for Big Mom to be defeated. She probably gets knocked out and our heroes bolt out of there

Elbaf has to come into play as it delves into her backstory and resolves some questions about what actually happened that day

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Sanji defeating her with cooking does sound like a much better outcome than more punching.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The majority of Emperors we've seen thus far seem to be complete freaks of nature, Shanks and maybe Whitebeard are the more normal ones, Whitebeard merely having an incredibly broken Devil Fruit.

While Luffy clearly and consciously takes after Shanks in personality and style, it seems like he's closer to Whitebeard in methods; combining incredible physical strength with a Devil Fruit power (with the Gum-Gum fruit being more like a Zoan in that it complements and multiplies his physical power rather than being unrelated to it like most Paramecia) and having close-knit crew and a large and diverse range of allies who follow him out of choice from personal respect and admiration.

Luffy is more like Shanks (and Blackbeard, I guess?) in having a small core crew who are all strong, as opposed to having a bunch of nobodies around like Whitebeard or Kaido.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

say that about whitebeard’s family again

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
Since Marco is the doctor I want another left field reveal like Jozu being the historian of the gang. That hilarious two sworded flower dude? He’s the cook

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Sadly, I think Blackbeard killed the cook

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New One Piece.

https://readms.net/r/one_piece/947/6001/1

Queen saves the day kinda

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Lmao

This chapter is peak One Piece.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's time for Luffy to do what he does best.

Run wild and cause chaos with no one to stop him.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

These dumbasses lmao

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
all those fake outs were :discourse:

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
*everything in ruins, pirates picking themselves back up after narrowly avoiding death*

Luffy: My turn :flip:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

me last week: man queen kinda sucks

me this week: QUEEN FUCKIN RULES

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Cat Machine posted:

me last week: man queen kinda sucks

me this week: QUEEN FUCKIN RULES

Oda, you've done it again!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I loving lost it.
I fully expect the anime to go all Looney Tunes on our rear end when Queen hightails it outta there
Also it makes sense that it would take a loving BRACHIOSAUR DIVEBOMBING on top of her head in order to get Big Mom back to normal.
She's legit terrifying.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Mulderman posted:

I loving lost it.
I fully expect the anime to go all Looney Tunes on our rear end when Queen hightails it outta there
Also it makes sense that it would take a loving BRACHIOSAUR DIVEBOMBING on top of her head in order to get Big Mom back to normal.
She's legit terrifying.

I REMEMBER EVERYTHING. is a terrifying line in its possibilities with big mom.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm glad this means we get to see someone fight queen still

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If you're gonna get Worfed by someone, Big Mom is one of the more forgivable ones in One Piece. Can see why Queen is one of Kaido's top people now, especially since with Big Mom knocked out the first thing he does is immediately assess the situation and begin damage control. Can also see why they don't think much of Jack.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
that chapter was sick

why doesn't queen jsut throw the chained up big mom into the ocean

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
because I'm sure Queen knows that Kaido and her have a history and having a captured Emperor is a big deal. They've probably also heard the news of Big Mom's territory being in shambles and thought this might be a good opportunity for a hostile takeover

that and they could try to use her as leverage over her children

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 28, 2019

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Oh yeah, Rayleigh did toss off a collar like that! How can haki do that though, does it interrupt the explosive mechanism or something? Oh poo poo, Luffy should already be able to stop Big Mom???? Hahaha Luffy concentrating and the old man being like “you got this!” Then they both immediately get slapped away. lmao the legs sticking out of the wall are great. Luffy seems to be in pretty good shape, though. Ooooh, you can move your haki INSIDE of something else? That’s pretty cool! I guess it would explain how they got the collar off? By injecting haki and destroying it in a way it doesn’t “expect”? Oh hey, Queen is back up and kickin! Haha Big Mom looking back into the oshiruko pot. BRACHIO BOMBERRRRR OH gently caress NO DID THAT JUST RESTORE HER MEMORIES OF MY loving GOD NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOoh, she fell asleep. gently caress YES, TIME TO TAKE UDON!

One Piece is really loving good, you guys

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

because I'm sure Queen knows that Kaido and her have a history and having a captured Emperor is a big deal. They've probably also heard the news of Big Mom's territory being in shambles and thought this might be a good opportunity for a hostile takeover

that and they could try to use her as leverage over her children

On the one hand yeah but on the other hand eliminating the biggest threat of an unfriendly force and one of your biggest rivals. Would be bad for the story to just off her like that though

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

So this new Armament trick, the way it is described it really reminds me of what Sabu did while masquerading as Lucy in the Dressrosa coliseum when he fought Burgess/destroyed the ring.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I mean, Big Mom already survived being thrown into the ocean ONCE. Bringing her to Kaido as quickly as possible really is the safest option, he's the only person on her level.

Also, this chapter was delightful. The cliffhanger from last week being resolved with Luffy failing and being embedded in a rock wall like Wile E Coyote. Everyone continuing to Enel face when they see Big Mom. Luffy realizing he can now freely wreck the prison at the end.

This is Oda at the top of his game.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Isn't putting haki into objects just like what those Amazons did with their arrows?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I like how Gramps fakes dying and being defenseless. Also what happened to Luffys collar? It clearly showed him breaking Gramps collar but not his

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I like how Gramps fakes dying and being defenseless. Also what happened to Luffys collar? It clearly showed him breaking Gramps collar but not his

I'd have to go back and check, but I'm pretty sure he was holding on to both collars at the time.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Isn't putting haki into objects just like what those Amazons did with their arrows?

It is but instead of hardening, Luffy can impose his will on inanimate objects so hard that he makes things explode with his mind.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

For an explanation of how this new Haki technique works, please read all of Hunter X Hunter.

(But no, putting your ki into someone else and destroying them from within is a pretty classic Martial Arts Film thing)

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I love how even completely wrapped up in massive sea stone chains everyone’s still “if she wakes up we’re all dead”

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Real Cool Catfish posted:

I love how even completely wrapped up in massive sea stone chains everyone’s still “if she wakes up we’re all dead”

All hell is going to break loose when Big Mom breaks all those chains through sheer force of will and starts a new rampage

I still can't believe we're only on part 2 of a 5 act saga.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
its pretty reasonable i think to assume big mom might genuinely be able to break the chains through sheer force

a lot of people were saying o-lin wasn't using haki at all during her current rampage, which idk if i buy but yeah

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I really love how Oda keeps reminding you that these people aren't called Emperors just for show. Every single one of them is goddamn ridiculous and it owns so hard

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
She wasn't we didn't see the armament color on her arms.

I wonder, would enough Sea Stone be able to pacify an emperor?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mulderman posted:

She wasn't we didn't see the armament color on her arms.

I wonder, would enough Sea Stone be able to pacify an emperor?

Only if they're a fruit user. I don't think Shanks would care about Seastone

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

tbp posted:

its pretty reasonable i think to assume big mom might genuinely be able to break the chains through sheer force

a lot of people were saying o-lin wasn't using haki at all during her current rampage, which idk if i buy but yeah

Yeah the thing with Big Mom is even when she was a child, with no special powers, she was a natural born disaster.
Remember when Jinbei water cannoned Big Mom into the ocean and it barely slowed her, who by that point was exhausted and skinny, down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

drat Queen really deserves his position