Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Games > The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers: O loveliest of branches, please grant me your succor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Man I saw someone who was level 78 already. I don't know how these people level up so fast.

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

Y'all white mage fuckin' owns and so do Hrothgar.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Rhonne posted:

Man I saw someone who was level 78 already. I don't know how these people level up so fast.

Someone already hit fisherman 80.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Schubalts posted:

Someone already hit fisherman 80.

From what I've learned, this means that they are now the only person qualified to complain about Fisher in the eyes of FFXIV's subreddit.

Going there was a mistake.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Cleretic posted:

From what I've learned, this means that they are now the only person qualified to complain about Fisher in the eyes of FFXIV's subreddit.

Going there was a mistake.

i dunno i thought constant complaining would be better received there

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wow exp really dries the gently caress up quick doesn't it

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Everybody talking about the Sin Eaters cutscene but nobody mentioning that She's a boss in the first dungeon afterwards :stonk:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
speaking of leveling, I'm kinda unsure if I'm super behind the curve or not, the scaling sidequests do kinda gently caress with that a bit. I just finished the first two intro zone questlines and got the 'alright let's start the Real Plan now that the twins are here' quest, I'm 71, should I do some roulette and all to at least get close to 72?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I'm hitting FATES as they pop while I do zones to get a jump on getting those vendors fully unlocked. Looks like it's going to take a LOT of them, multiple character playthroughs. I don't have any desire to do any sidequest other than the ones that unlock aether points and i'll. get all the interesting ones with a class I'm leveling just for the sake of doing so.. Will end the first two zones at 73.

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

Man, I'm still leveling up to Shadowbringers. I'm at the start of HW, and goddamn do these new voices for everyone bug the poo poo out of me.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

somepartsareme posted:

i dunno i thought constant complaining would be better received there

Oh hell no, FFXIV's subreddit is sycophantic as hell. And they're also conditioned to laugh at Scholar mains complaining, while completely ignoring the actual Scholar complaints.

Who cares that your job is now extremely boring and absent of everything appealing that isn't healing!? You're still good at healing! Also, you aren't allowed to issue any complaints whatsoever about a job until you've hit max level in it, even if you were at what the max level was less than a day before, and have the reading comprehension to tell that the new expansion's abilities do nothing to address your complaints!

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Dancer rules, the new headband rules, thanks to everyone in DGKK who was linking it.

Heavensward machinist made me convinced I could never love a class as insanely proc-based as this one, but wow am I having a great time. Definitely a little on the simple side once you get down what procs into what, but so far that's not bothering me. Real excited to get into the story tomorrow.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Dimestore Merlin posted:

Man, I'm still leveling up to Shadowbringers. I'm at the start of HW, and goddamn do these new voices for everyone bug the poo poo out of me.

Don't worry, some of them will change again in the next expansion! I think some even change from there into ShB too.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Well got DNC to 66 before I'm ready to pass out for the night, I think I should be able to get to 70 tomorrow and finally start on story and see all the shiny new sights and have all the shiny new feels. Dancer is incredibly fun to play, it's really simple on the surface but you get into a very fluid, reactive gameplay style with the 50 procs you have. I cant wait to get Flourish to just light up my entire hotbar like christmas lights.

Also some obligatory lion man shots.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
Linkshells are just big cross-server chatrooms, right?

Are there any goon linkshells? Not interested in server transferring/losing my house and tiny fc but I wanna chat with goons

Edit: Also, ACT is broken for everyone, right? I assume we need to wait for that to be updated (and/or the FF plugin?)

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 29, 2019

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007
Just a reminder, the SDS Fenrir has default +1 mount speed making it the current fastest mount.

Edit: Unless you've been grinding fates real hard.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hrothgar good

https://twitter.com/Kaubocks/status/1144813924182659072

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If there are any other Zalera goons, I've had an FC on there for a few months. We're currently called Um Glamour Lammy. IDK how applications/invitations work but hit me up if you need an FC. It's not a serious FC though so if you want that, either bring your own or go elsewhere.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Viera name ideas:

Final Frantasy

Frantasy Fran

Mjrn Mjrn

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh poo poo Dohn Mheg loving owns, this alice-in-wonderland rear end dungeon might be my favorite in a long time

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Babe Magnet posted:

oh poo poo Dohn Mheg loving owns, this alice-in-wonderland rear end dungeon might be my favorite in a long time

My only complaint is that they have more whole heartedly embraced the mini golf vibe.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Call him "Ghun Gun" all you want, game, I know he's Goon Goon

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Unable to download patch files. [30413][25008][20495][20495]

send help, i want to be a rabbit

it's weird that "[20495]" is in there twice, but it is. I've tried most suggestions I could find online, I have no other ideas.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

First trial is good. 65 dungeon is kinda Step down from 63 but the msq leading up to it is pretty wild!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
edit: a VPN has solved my problems, which is stupid

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jun 29, 2019

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, are all the various tomestones just different smartphone models?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Pharohman777 posted:

Wait, are all the various tomestones just different smartphone models?

/tomestone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2sVZbN1yU8

So yes, yes they are.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Tomestones are literally just Allagan smartphones, yes.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

starting a petition to give me an option to turn the TP bar back on even if it does nothing just because the screen feels empty without it

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
So for 70 MCH, am I doing things right more or less with "do the 123 while weaving in oGCDs and using hot shot/drill when they're up until 50 heat, at which point hypercharge, wf if it's up and just go bananas mashing the gently caress out of heat blast and ricochet/gauss"?

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

The Shame Boy posted:

Everybody talking about the Sin Eaters cutscene but nobody mentioning that She's a boss in the first dungeon afterwards :stonk:

Take Alisaie in as a trust for her dialog.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

FactsAreUseless posted:

If there are any other Zalera goons, I've had an FC on there for a few months. We're currently called Um Glamour Lammy. IDK how applications/invitations work but hit me up if you need an FC. It's not a serious FC though so if you want that, either bring your own or go elsewhere.

I don't know how to reach out and ask for an invite on there but will try to figure it out tomorrow. A chill FC with some goons in it is exactly what I want!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

garfield hentai posted:

So for 70 MCH, am I doing things right more or less with "do the 123 while weaving in oGCDs and using hot shot/drill when they're up until 50 heat, at which point hypercharge, wf if it's up and just go bananas mashing the gently caress out of heat blast and ricochet/gauss"?

you definitely want to hypercharge under wildfire, definitely keep drill and hot shot rolling, and DEFINITELY reassemble your drill if it’s up. the damage on a dh crit drill is absolutely nutty and the two come up off cooldown around the same time if you keep them rolling

but otherwise yeah you got it. 1-2-3, hypercharge at 50 because barrel stabilizer can slam you into cap if you’re not careful. dump your gauss and ricochet before hypercharge, though at 70 you cap out at 2 charged each so a weave during heat blast spam is necessary unless you want to overcap charges

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Dimestore Merlin posted:

They're better overall but yeah the sudden change is a bit jarring, you get used to them though. By this point the new voices have been around for a lot longer than the original ones.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I just finished the opening Level 70 quests and hahahaha holy poo poo this expac is dark :stonk:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
It's really weird because with all the loving abilities I have as DRK and how fast they pop off, it almost makes my 1-2-3 combo feel perfunctory.
Goddamn the class feel for DRK is so loving good

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
Here is a collection of dumb glamours after I switched to viera.

I need to make some tweaks like fixing up jewelry pieces, maybe finding masks/headbands that work where I used to have hats (RIP white cowboy hat for healer set). I also haven't been able to settle on a look for ninja that I like.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mulva posted:

Standard Step is massive damage and a short cooldown, literally always be firing off.

Even if you aren't in combat. Even if you are in town. Especially if you are in town.

good, the more dancing the better :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I got a new (my first!) ssd yesterday an hour before the servers opened up so I set up windows on it and copied over my nice fully patched install over and went to work. Came back and it looks like something borked on both versions of XIV and I ended up spending all night redownloading all 3 expansions :negative:

I did get to fantasia into a bunno though and she's very pretty and tall and looks very done with everything.