Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They somehow let Yayoi continue school and graduate because... why, again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also why is this always your reaction when my predictions go wrong!

It's funnier because I knew it was coming and I just had to wait for the reaction

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress you, gently caress your producer, gently caress your director, gently caress your screenwriters, and gently caress the parents who gave birth to them and the grandparents who gave birth to those parents and so on for like 15 generations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm done.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe I'm done.

Jesus Christ.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched the first episode in November, like, less than like 6 hours before leaving from Japan. I literally watched this then got on the airport bus.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It took me nearly 8 months but I'm done.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

They somehow let Yayoi continue school and graduate because... why, again?

Also someone was funding Mondenkind to run a school still, even though they no longer have a purpose

It took me nearly 8 months but I'm done.

Congrats! I'm glad it was all worth it

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Imber could somehow spell I LOVE YOU with the remnants of its key but it somehow couldn't open up a text editor on its fancy program that allows you to play Go.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This truly was the Game of Thrones of idol anime. Including the sharp downhill swerve in the second half of the series.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

gently caress you, gently caress your producer, gently caress your director, gently caress your screenwriters, and gently caress the parents who gave birth to them and the grandparents who gave birth to those parents and so on for like 15 generations.

I think you mean,

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
"Delays during subbing."

What, did they have like week-long gaps between each episode?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I hope you appreciated me deliberately switching every Yukiho with Yayoi and vice versa.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Also I hope you appreciated me deliberately switching every Yukiho with Yayoi and vice versa.

Yes. thanks

"Delays during subbing."

What, did they have like week-long gaps between each episode?

Looks like they were more-or-less on schedule except they took like a month to do the last episode

e: actually they slowed down in the middle too, but they caught up again

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
did a manga scanlation team sub this show???

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Too impatient to actually wait another 13 hours until Yohane's birthday, rolled ~500 loveca between the stepup and birthday box and got nothing but a dupe UR

also finally spent like 9 months worth of stickers on blue tickets

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God I want that New Year's Chika so much.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

Used the free SSR+ ticket

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

astr0man posted:

Too impatient to actually wait another 13 hours until Yohane's birthday, rolled ~500 loveca between the stepup and birthday box and got nothing but a dupe UR

also finally spent like 9 months worth of stickers on blue tickets

nine months' worth of stickers made a jingling noise etc etc

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Same but with the 9th Anniversary ticket:

Yohane stepup only gave me 3 dupe SRs

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm trying out the Japanese Re:Stage Prism Step game, though haven't had success actually starting a live yet.
My user id is 1970278

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

It's pretty drat difficult actually, coming from LL and Bang Dream. The gimmick in Restage is that you have to swap your idols around on stage during play, this changes the dynamic massively and requires more memorization of the proper way to change formations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Further review: Re:stage massively takes after LL:SIF, many of the screen layouts are almost straight copied and most of the gacha/idol leveling mechanics are also extremely similar. However they have tried to smooth over the worst parts. There is no stamina, you can play as much rhythm game as you like, though if you want good scores you need to spend some limited bonus cards. There is a quick retry from within the pause menu. There is an "invincible mode" where you can't die, but I guess you earn less points or items or something? (Haven't quite confirmed, maybe it's just respect you earn less of.)

There's idols from multiple schools/groups, but no randos like SIF's N class. Idol cards are rated 1 to 5 stars, and you can get multiple of each card. Idols level by consuming other idols, there are also some "just leveling points" cards you can pull that take up an idol storage slot. In addition to idol cards there are accessory cards, with such items as earrings, boots, school bags, swimsuits, ... they are leveled up similar to idols, and idols can wear several accessories. The accessories give bonus stats, and one of them will also provide a bonus skill.

You build units of 6 idols, but 7 participate in lives. The 7th idol is a friend you choose before starting the live. At the start of the live, each stage position is assigned a color, this is set by the song beatmap. Different songs use different colors and there can be more or fewer colors in play.

During live there are two primary types of notes, tap notes and position notes. Tap notes you have to tap, with an idol of the right color in that position. Position notes you just need an idol of the right color in the position, then it auto-taps. This way you can have all seven idols hit notes all at once, and still only have to tap two.
Notes can also have special symbols in them causing the hitting idol to charge up her skill activation gauge, make a miss more expensive, or some other things I don't remember.
You swap idols' position on stage by dragging their icon around.

Also, there is a feature that lets you make your own beatmaps and share them, it unlocks at player level 10.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

I have.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hate.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We open on a starry sky...

I know from Garupapico that Kasumi loving loves stars so I guess this episode is about her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been to lives and live viewings and I can honestly say that people are not this organized.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I assume the girls in green are Glitter Green and that the middle girl is Mimorin.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man this CG animation doesn't look CG at all.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell yeah! That feel when you beat the alarm clock!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I assume the girls in green are Glitter Green and that the middle girl is Mimorin.

Yeah, you see them later and I'm not sure how that timeline fits with 'when I was little'

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Where are the Kasumi x Yukina doujins.

I also like that they bring up how weird her hair is in-universe.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why are these Japanese high school girls always excited about the entrance ceremony.

What the gently caress is wrong with them.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait, aren't Kasumi and her sister in the same school?

They have the same outfit.

But Kasumi is a new student, while her sister is a current student...?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh wait they have different skirts.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
JESUS CHRIST WHAT ARE THOSE TWO BIPEDALS IN THE FRONT?

MOTHERFUCKER I THOUGHT THIS WAS AN IDOL SHOW NOT A SUPERNATURAL HORROR ANIME.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH poo poo IT'S SO CREEPY I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
ARE THE SKIRTS COLOR-CODED BY YEAR?

IF SO, WHY ISN'T LITTLE SISTER GOING TO SCHOOL?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

ARE THE SKIRTS COLOR-CODED BY YEAR?

IF SO, WHY ISN'T LITTLE SISTER GOING TO SCHOOL?

Please, she already said her entrance ceremony was tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This chick who goes "Eh?" is my new favorite background character.