Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Koalas March posted:

Why

Also someone please tell me what good Marianne will do for black people and racism and white supremacy

She's for reparations, wants to release "as many prisoners as possible", and a few other universal programs.
Edit: I can't find it, but I think on her website she specifically mentioned having to fix Flint's water supply because I had this joke all set up about how for every life she saves from lead she gives another child measles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I think there's a miscommunication going on. I really doubt that anybody here is actually going to vote for Williamson in the primary. We're all Bernie voters or Warren nerds.

But, a lot of people still appreciate Williamson as a presence in the debate. We can talk about how she has good individual policies, and others can counter with her bad policies, and so on, but I don't think that's what's really motivating people to like her. I think the reason people like her is that not only does she come across as a genuinely good person on stage next to the usual gaggle of loving robots, but she actually talks about emotions. For far too long, Democrats have treated politics like some miserable debate for nerds where they all compete to to be the most bi-partisanly reasonable. So when a woman who seems like she actually cares about things is on stage next to goddamn Buttigieg and starts talking about how Trump has gotten into all of our brains and made us feel worse, gently caress yeah we like her! We want her to stay on that stage, to keep addressing the actual psychic damage done by the Trump administration.

You guys can be like "oh, look at her trade policy proposal, it doesn't address the blugdbb..." all you want, Williamson is actually talking about the daily mental assault that living under the Trump administration is. That's why we like her.

I'm not going to vote for her, but I like her and I want her to stay on that debate stage long after Delany and Beto and Tim.... I wanna say Reynolds? are gone.

This is, like, fair enough but it's embarrassing how some folks basically went into a meltdown over her bad points being mentioned and it's those embarrassing meltdowns that are setting the discourse on this.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

And you shouted them all down and they've left. That's how a forum works. Warren or Harris will make the news again and you'll shout down their supporters again and the thread will be in agreement again.

Lol forever at people who can't defend their ideas in a discussion forum complaining that others are allowed to disagree with them

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It's also important to remember that the Democrat primary has always involved forgiving horrible monstrous politicians their many crimes just because they're better than the Republican opponent.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

VH4Ever posted:

Yeah that Michigan guy LITERALLY is why we have Trump. It really sucks that for all the actual work you're doing and have done up there in helping get good folks like Tlaib elected, you've got pedantic fuckwits like that poster sitting there going "Well, have you considered, LIBERAL, that the Crazy Crystal Lady is Actually Good and I'll only vote for her and no one else!!" and help pull against all the effort you've expended. That guy deserves a punch in the face meant for a Nazi, just for being idiotic.

I could say some choice things about that guy and where exactly in Michigan I am 100% sure he is from to have that much entitlement and priviledge that his dumbass would throw away his vote, but for the interest of civility I'm not going to

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Koalas March posted:

Why

Also someone please tell me what good Marianne will do for black people and racism and white supremacy

Wasn't she the only candidate to explicitly say we need reparations for slavery last night.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TulliusCicero posted:

I have news for all you "can't vote because principles" people:

Republicans vote. Every single loving time. Even the Never Trumpers will come back to daddy, because in the end only their wallets, their team, and their superiority in the hierarchy and society matter. They WILL vote for Trump, and they have rigged the game so badly even loving Democrat vote matters despite being the majority of the population.

So loving vote

The protest vote thread is thataway.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

GreyjoyBastard posted:

tbf part of the reason i mostly don't post in this thread outside of amusing shitposts is that it's obviously Sanders > Warren >

Gillibrand?
> losers and unless there's actual news that I think is interesting it's a fairly boring thread contentwise for me

but you know what is both content and is good when I'm in stark-terror mode re: Williiamson and the Bad Timeline?

https://twitter.com/jenmariewilde/status/1144633811579412482?s=12

Tim Ryan is probably my most disliked Dem candidate outside of Gabbard (and I fully admit that the degree of my dislike for her is basically irrational because I'm Real Mad that the most prominent Hindu politician in America is bad in Hindu-Nationalist-adjacent ways) and some guy whose name rhymes with Schmoe Schmiden. He bad.

Yeah she's not just dangerous because of her opinions on vaccines, she represents a sort of brokebrained thinking that I see all the loving time because my mother (the CHUD currently) is the exact sort of (I love her but I'm going to be honest here) simple-minded, I need an easy solution to explain the world's complexities type that falls into this pattern of thinking well, if I only fake being happy and positive long enough all my problems go away! All it does is put a flowery front end on the same bootstraps bullshit CHUDs and libertarians talk about. It also makes the person mentally check out of any of the work involved in truly changing their situation. People don't succeed by sitting in a chair dream-willing some reality to live in. That's called denial, and it's loving insidious and quite stunning up close. That's as personal as I'll get but yeah, my hate for some quasi-spiritual guru like Marianne goes way, way deeper than her opinions on vaccines. I hate her type. gently caress all hokum-peddling spirituality-twisting rear end in a top hat huckster lunatics like her preying on the gullible forever. And gently caress anyone who defends such people.

TulliusCicero posted:

Republicans vote. Every single loving time. Even the Never Trumpers will come back to daddy, because in the end only their wallets, their team, and their superiority in the hierarchy and society matter. They WILL vote for Trump, and they have rigged the game so badly even loving Democrat vote matters despite being the majority of the population.

So loving vote

Right. This is literally the point of all those "The Dems are going too far left, don't leave me behind!" think piece opinion articles in NYT and elsewhere. They'll go Trump in a flat second unless the Dems nominate some trash Centrist like Biden they can stomach voting for. gently caress them.

VitalSigns posted:

Wasn't she the only candidate to explicitly say we need reparations for slavery last night.

So we're just forgetting that other candidates are already on the record as being supportive of reparations. OK. So you Marianne stan motherfuckers are just gonna lie to find ways to support her now.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 29, 2019

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

VitalSigns posted:

Lol forever at people who can't defend their ideas in a discussion forum complaining that others are allowed to disagree with them

That's not what I'm doing?
I'm saying people got bored and left and the only ones currently still interested are people taking about the crystal lady, and that this is only for true for this particular moment and soon someone who actually matters will do something newsworthy and we'll be talking about that. Like KM already said that in other threads people are talking about other candidates.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VH4Ever posted:

Yeah that Michigan guy LITERALLY is why we have Trump. It really sucks that for all the actual work you're doing and have done up there in helping get good folks like Tlaib elected, you've got pedantic fuckwits like that poster sitting there going "Well, have you considered, LIBERAL, that the Crazy Crystal Lady is Actually Good and I'll only vote for her and no one else!!" and help pull against all the effort you've expended. That guy deserves a punch in the face meant for a Nazi, just for being idiotic.

EDIT

You're 100% right about the privilege. The right to vote is so loving funny and this big joke when you're not threatened constantly with it being taken away.

You're an idiot. I won't be nice about this. A loving idiot.

shut the gently caress up liberal , Tlaib is my rep and I voted for her . I vote for leftist candidates . I will stay home if Biden is the nominee . gently caress this “vote blue no matter who” cowardice .

Stupid loving lanyard .

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

Idk I missed a lot of the debate because I was arguing with my mom about Biden and Bernie.

Typo posted:

she supports reparations for slavery

What kind of reparations though? Are they generational? Her Artpop could mean anything.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

HootTheOwl posted:

And you shouted them all down and they've left. That's how a forum works. Warren or Harris will make the news again and you'll shout down their supporters again and the thread will be in agreement again.

The supposed Warren and Harris supporters on this forum are largely mythical. We don't have Warren "supporters" here, we just have bernie-or-busters and then a (shrinking) group of people willing to discuss second choice options and/or trying to discuss the practicalities of who might win rather than the moralities of who should. I have yet to see anyone actually post "I think Harris should win" just a few tentative steps towards "I fear Harris might win" which usually get shouted down.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Punk da Bundo posted:

shut the gently caress up liberal , Tlaib is my rep and I voted for her . I vote for leftist candidates . I will stay home if Biden is the nominee . gently caress this “vote blue no matter who” cowardice .

Stupid loving lanyard .

Cowardice is throwing minorities to the wolves because you aren't getting what you want. It's especially shameful if you are in D13.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I think Williamson is deeply unserious as a candidate and as a person.

Which makes it all the more disappointing that she was the only one to directly link the issues around immigration with brutal American policies in Central and South America.

If she continues to bring up American policy towards Latin America in discussions over immigration, she will be a net positive for the debates.

And if what a no-hope candidate has to say about vaccines troubles you, I hope that what a candidate with an actual chance has to say about foreign policy does too.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

TulliusCicero posted:

I could say some choice things about that guy and where exactly in Michigan I am 100% sure he is from to have that much entitlement and priviledge that his dumbass would throw away his vote, but for the interest of civility I'm not going to

I live in Dearborn , you’re an idiot . And if Bernie isn’t the nominee , I will just write in Marianne as a protest vote . Real simple .

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Punk da Bundo posted:

Stupid loving lanyard .

The Hispanic and Muslim communities in Michigan (and hell, the very large Jewish one) will thank you for your integrity when they are marched off to the camps

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The supposed Warren and Harris supporters on this forum are largely mythical. We don't have Warren "supporters" here, we just have bernie-or-busters and then a (shrinking) group of people willing to discuss second choice options and/or trying to discuss the practicalities of who might win rather than the moralities of who should. I have yet to see anyone actually post "I think Harris should win" just a few tentative steps towards "I fear Harris might win" which usually get shouted down.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837920&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=98#post496319338

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

TulliusCicero posted:

The Hispanic and Muslim communities in Michigan (and hell, the very large Jewish one) will thank you for your integrity when they are marched off to the camps

I’m Muslim . I’ll wave to you from the camps .

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Punk da Bundo posted:

I live in Dearborn , you’re an idiot . And if Bernie isn’t the nominee , I will just write in Marianne as a protest vote . Real simple .

Ok gentrifier

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Koalas March posted:

Idk I missed a lot of the debate because I was arguing with my mom about Biden and Bernie.

What kind of reparations though? Are they generational? Her Artpop could mean anything.

Hundreds of billions of dollars "to distribute as they see fit".

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Punk da Bundo posted:

Wait what, if Marianne is the nominee you'll write her in?

Why wouldn't you just vote for the nominee then

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Hundreds of billions of dollars "to distribute as they see fit".

I'm both intrigued and horrified

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Punk da Bundo posted:

Stupid loving lanyard .

Bernie was right, it can be self affirming being hated by the right people. I welcome your hatred. You gimmick troll motherfucker.

Edit

Where did I defend Biden? Or ever say vote blue no matter who? I shat on Marianne.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 29, 2019

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Technically not "here", separate subforum :p

But yah I hadn't seen that thread, fair

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
It's fascinating to see the same people a year ago complain about moderate Democrats now telling other people that it's important to vote blue no matter what.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oof. That is a lot of minimizing (and ignoring) of terrible poo poo and assumed good intentions.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

Oof. That is a lot of minimizing (and ignoring) of terrible poo poo and assumed good intentions.

If you want to dissect a post in that thread, hop in over here. This isn't really the place. 🤷🏿‍♀️

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

TulliusCicero posted:

Republicans vote. Every single loving time. Even the Never Trumpers will come back to daddy, because in the end only their wallets, their team, and their superiority in the hierarchy and society matter. They WILL vote for Trump, and they have rigged the game so badly every loving Democrat vote matters despite being the majority of the population.

So loving vote

I have some news for you too. See, this kinda poo poo you're saying here? It doesn't loving work. You can't scold somebody to vote the way you want them to, and 2016 really ought to have taught everyone that.

In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that this is counterproductive liberal bullshit, because individualizing the responsibility and passing it on to voters lets the party establishment off the hook, and they're a million times more responsible for losing elections than some rando on the internet. So if you wanna yell at somebody, go yell at the Dem leadership for being a buncha incompetent fuckups.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Typo is probably being ironic because he's doing a crossover between Marianne support and his CCP alter ego.

i say probably because there's a serious risk that his CCP alter ego has eaten or will eat his actual views

that said I want him to keep refining his Marianne arguments, sorry if that winds up making your head literally explode VH

Yeah, in case somebody's new here, Typo is a gimmick poster, and a bad one at that.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Liberals itt are more responsible for suffering, death, and inequality in the united states more than all the protest votes combined

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Phi230 posted:

Liberals itt are more responsible for suffering, death, and inequality in the united states more than all the protest votes combined

don’t worry , President Biden will fix it when he throws a tarp over the camps and makes everybody pretend it’s 2012 again.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Phi230 posted:

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Typo posted:

she supports reparations for slavery

How are reparations going to fix being made sterile from measles, unable to breathe from whooping cough, trapped in an iron lung from polio or cervical/throat cancer? Tell us, how does that work out?

You folks really don’t understand the dangers these diseases cause and maybe you should take a loving biology class before “ironically” supporting this poo poo again. This isn’t actually funny.

And anyone else going on and on about how “it’s weird you’re talking about this issue but no other” need to loving can it. One can have direct experience in an issue and choose to speak on it, but stand back and listen to others who are more experienced in other issues. It’s arrogant in the extreme to believe that one is an expert on every different issue and experience.

Edit: yes, I see he’s a loving gimmick but he’s not the only one minimizing basic loving public health. You know what’s really hosed up about vaccinations? They’re so basic and so fundamental to public health that even red states support them. Mississippi is famous for not allowing any non-medical exemptions for vaccines. Yes, loving Mississippi. West Virginia as well. CA and NY finally joined them but only very recently.

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 29, 2019

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If you vote for fascist pig Kamala Harris you are the problem

if you vote for segregationist Joe Biden you are the problem

if you vote for bourgeois liz warren you are the problem

ultimately the only way things will ever change is when the type of shitlibs itt are completely removed from politics by any means necessary

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Phi230 posted:

ultimately the only way things will ever change is when the type of shitlibs itt are completely removed from politics by any means necessary

forcibly removed if you will

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Typo posted:

I can say the same about a biden or any other neoliberal centrist shill presidency but somehow nobody ever talks about that :shrug:

like this entire thread is slagging biden for all of the many things supremely wrong with him though? :shrug:

Anyhow anti-vax stuff is just really rearing its mainstream head and it's way easier to cut off a poo poo idea when it's young than when it's super entrenched so not letting an antivax candidate really get that much mainstream hype is a good thing because it makes it more likely we'll be able to stamp out that bad idea now rather than add to the list of entrenched bad ideas (like most of modern capitalism) we're going to have to get rid of eventually.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Typo posted:

forcibly removed if you will

:trumppop:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Solkanar512 posted:

How are reparations going to fix being made sterile from measles, unable to breathe from whooping cough, trapped in an iron lung from polio or cervical/throat cancer? Tell us, how does that work out?

You folks really don’t understand the dangers these diseases cause and maybe you should take a loving biology class before “ironically” supporting this poo poo again. This isn’t actually funny.

And anyone else going on and on about how “it’s weird you’re talking about this issue but no other” need to loving can it. One can have direct experience in an issue and choose to speak on it, but stand back and listen to others who are more experienced in other issues. It’s arrogant in the extreme to believe that one is an expert on every different issue and experience.

measles from unvaccination will affect all populations equally, whereas legacy of slavery disproportionately affects PoCs. America +reparations - vaccinations will actually be a far more racially equal American than otherwise.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Phi230 posted:

Way to disabuse the notion that Bernie will run gulags like Stalin. You're insane.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

VH4Ever posted:

Way to disabuse the notion that Bernie will run gulags like Stalin. You're insane.

I only wish Bernie would throw you where you belong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
proposing direct action against fellow forumposters is a bold move, i'm interested to see where this goes