Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

how longs it been since an actual good episode of stargate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

banned from Starbucks posted:

25 years

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol Origins doesn't count right?

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

10 years, 4 months and a day.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Gelf posted:

My partner was overseas recently and I binged all 4 seasons of Continuum for the first time as there was no chance he would watch it with me! It certainly was a thing!

Yo, at the end of the season 3 when the soldiers from 2039 drop in those of us watching live had to wait like 6 months to find out if we were going to get any kind of S4.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Yo, at the end of the season 3 when the soldiers from 2039 drop in those of us watching live had to wait like 6 months to find out if we were going to get any kind of S4.

That fuckin suuuuuuuucked.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Sci-Fi shows, I liked Ascension as a fun little murder mystery in space set in the larger context of a ship making a 100 year journey to a new planet. It had a whole lot of surprises, but it was cancelled after one set of episodes. The whole series is only like 3 hours long although half of the last episode you'll probably understand why it didn't get picked up for more.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Also known as Stupid Bullshit: The Show.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Yeah, Ascension was actually just produced as a miniseries (much like BSG was).

It's pretty bad.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
The show CapnBry described would have been a good show. Unfortunately, that's not the show Ascension actually was, though it sure wanted you to think that at first.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Polaron posted:

The show CapnBry described would have been a good show. Unfortunately, that's not the show Ascension actually was, though it sure wanted you to think that at first.
It is true, I am easily duped by my own imagination filling in parts of a bad show just because the concept is a good idea and I want it to work or if Brian Van Holt is in it. I still liked it though, even if it sort of goes all over the place by the end.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

8 years. Season 2 of Universe was good.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I have a confession, and I feel dirty typing it

I'm giving SGU another show and (looking past the BSG copying) i'm really enjoying it

fat jack!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ratjaculation posted:

I'm giving SGU another show and (looking past the BSG copying) i'm really enjoying it

fat jack!

Universe was good when it got into its own groove instead of riding someone else's.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

The worst thing for me is they took the great handheld camera work of BSG and thought let’s turn it up to 11

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Ratjaculation posted:

fat jack!

SGU is the best Stargate since S1 of Atlantis. They ruined Atlantis once they made regular contact with Earth.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

I discovered today that Malozzi's been drip feeding pages from the Atlantis:Extinction movie script over the past month on his blog.

I find navigating the layout of that blog a bit of a nightmare so here are some Gateworld links:

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2019/04/stargate-extinction-movie-script-pages/

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2019/05/stargate-extinction-more-movie-script-pages/

A few more pages have been released since then, which the Gateworld site hasn't posted about yet including a scene between Beckett and Rodney over some turtles, and Todd killing future Todd (who appears to be the ultimate big bad of the movie)!

Reading some of those pages, especially Shepherd in jumper about to engage some fighters in atmosphere.....I could just picture it so clearly in my head!

I miss Stargate!

Edit: Just noticed that Paranoid posted page one of these on 4/20, but there are now more than 8!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The movie could still happen. Jason Momoa will free up his schedule some day!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Mu Zeta posted:

The movie could still happen. Jason Momoa will free up his schedule some day!

Honestly, the best odds of it happening would probably be if Momoa wanted it to happen, he could probably pull enough strings.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JossiRossi posted:

Honestly, the best odds of it happening would probably be if Momoa wanted it to happen, he could probably pull enough strings.

It appears that he and Flanigan are pretty good friends still so you never know.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Rhyno posted:

It appears that he and Flanigan are pretty good friends still so you never know.

If it was the two of them plus David Hewlett, I'd be happy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hell no, we need Carson and Zelenka too.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Hell no, we need Carson and Zelenka too.

Right, you can't have Rodney without Zelenka.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ronan will just do a quick Facetime call saying that rebuilding Sateda is taking up all his time.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Stargate: The Definitive History on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlG3RV-oPvI

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Aleph Null posted:

Stargate: The Definitive History on YouTube
My favorite takeaway from the whole thing is that at the actual Cheyenne Mountain US Air Force base, they replaced a broom closet door with a high security door and painted on the outside "Stargate Command". THIS is what I want my tax :10bux: going to!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

Hulu keeps auto-playing SG1 whenever I finish an episode of a different show... I guess I'm watching SG1 again!

I guess my new dog hasn't seen it yet.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Ronan will just do a quick Facetime call saying that rebuilding the DCEU is taking up all his time.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
We'll get to watch Daniel Jackson die a few more times in Altered Carbon season 2!

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2019/07/michael-shanks-to-appear-on-netflixs-altered-carbon/

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I'm glad the dude is getting work.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

How is he still so buff.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

MiddleOne posted:

How is he still so buff.

Being a jacked old dude is a choice Dr. Jackson shares with J. Jonah Jameson

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

8one6 posted:

Being a jacked old dude is a choice Dr. Jackson shares with J. Jonah Jameson

He could play the old geezer from DBZ.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

15 years ago today, Stargate: Atlantis premiered with a double episode premiere

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Dear lord, it was that long ago?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

1990 was 10 years ago

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

1990 was 10 years ago

Not quite, but SGU was 10 years ago!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Walter be looking old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
The man is like 60, it's ok to actually look old when you are old.