Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Boss fight.

3DX-4TH-DQG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

President Ark posted:

how the hell do you beat mystery of the dry bones shell (job 84)? i've gotten to the room with conveyor belts and a pow block i need to hit and can't figure out how to get it

e: also does this thing have some sort of high jump i can't figure out, because a lot of the optional stuff in this level seems to want me to jump higher than i can

Grab another shell and jump off it in the dry bones shell

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a way to make things in levels spawn off screen?
I need an off screen shell to do a thing

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016
I made a level in space:

Super Mario Starfield!
WBC-7YT-6VG

Battle the moles in an asteroid field but watch out for the aliens at the end!

It's too bad you can't use the moon graphics without the special effects. I really like how the levels look at night but dont always want to be flying or upside down.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I want to force the player to use boxes on rising lava, but I also want to force the player to not use the boxes and wall jump instead in certain areas. What's a good way to force the player to lose the box so they don't just cheese the wall jumping by standing on the box

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I want to force the player to use boxes on rising lava, but I also want to force the player to not use the boxes and wall jump instead in certain areas. What's a good way to force the player to lose the box so they don't just cheese the wall jumping by standing on the box

A bomb or something that destroys a box? or maybe have the box continue to move in a direction where there's no room for player.

Also, is this dog in story mode the dog sound effect from the music-making portion of Mario Paint?!? Did they pull Mario Paint characters in here! I loved that game, surprised we never got another. I love the idea of taking those SNES icons and making them into characters. Is there the crybaby and cat too? Can I ride on that sweet bassy seaship?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Made my first level: Treetop Tryout. Messed around with the trees from the 3d World tileset because I really love that set and want to do more with it. This one is pretty simple and shouldn't be too challenging. Code is HG2-034-2KF.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I made a level around the woods, Yoshi, and icicles.

I haven't even made it to my first upload in terms of playing goon levels off the google doc, lol.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

eonwe posted:

Is there a way to make things in levels spawn off screen?
I need an off screen shell to do a thing

Spawn it out of sight above or below Mario, shot off by a bill blaster so it drops into the piece where it needs to do something. Placing it on “global ground” will prevent it from despawning. Watch ceave’s latest video for information on that.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Khanstant posted:

A bomb or something that destroys a box? or maybe have the box continue to move in a direction where there's no room for player.

Also, is this dog in story mode the dog sound effect from the music-making portion of Mario Paint?!? Did they pull Mario Paint characters in here! I loved that game, surprised we never got another. I love the idea of taking those SNES icons and making them into characters. Is there the crybaby and cat too? Can I ride on that sweet bassy seaship?

It's the same Undodog from Mario Paint! Not the music maker, the button you click to undo things.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Khanstant posted:

The MM series is kind of a spiritual successor to Mario Paint. There's a ton of references.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Argue posted:

It's the same Undodog from Mario Paint! Not the music maker, the button you click to undo things.

Ohhhh okay. I had forgotten him I guess.

A level making question: Can I make BIG BLOX. I know I can make big enemies but I can't figure out how to do the bigass blocks. Wanting to make a level like SMB3 Giant zone. I also can't figure out how to make a pool of water... or any water. Didn't see any water button.

edit: P.S. The boot has a drat turnkey on it? Like, it's a mechanical shoe? I always thought it was like a little grabby hand or cartoon part of the shoe, not that the shoe was clockwork.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

How do I get a shell to start sliding automatically? Here's my idea:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Could you do it between a springs?

button
shell
X

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Dork457 posted:

How do I get a shell to start sliding automatically? Here's my idea:

fire it out of a cannon

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

The Kins posted:

Put together a new something.

Venture into an abandoned shack and put a stop to the nefarious Octomancer, Ikarus!

Really enjoyed this one!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DalaranJ posted:

Spawn it out of sight above or below Mario, shot off by a bill blaster so it drops into the piece where it needs to do something. Placing it on “global ground” will prevent it from despawning. Watch ceave’s latest video for information on that.

Weird, I have a bullet bill with a shell above me but it never fires

Thwomps will fall on me but it never shoots

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Khanstant posted:

Could you do it between a springs?

button
shell
X
Unfortunately this just bounces off it without activating it.

President Ark posted:

fire it out of a cannon

That's the ticket! Thanks!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Dork457 posted:

That's the ticket! Thanks!
One of the story mode levels does that. It fires out a shell that bounces between two switches linked to a vertical wall you need for wall-jumping.

I love cheating in the story mode. Each level you beat with cheats is marked as beaten by Luigi.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, his vid helped me understand

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

My story mode progress went from 68% right to 70%, absolutely unacceptable

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Please try my speed run level! I designed it so that less skilled people can still make it through, and that expert players will have a quicker go of it. Like if you have full speed for a particular jump you’ll land in an advantageous position for a wall jump, but if you don’t make that you can still do the wall jump. There’s even a checkpoint! Though you won’t set a world record starting from it, you can still complete the stage.

RQ6-36K-XJG

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I never played MM1, so check out my ice level that I wish I could edit the ending of because it is perhaps too finicky!! RN9-7KB-TXF

Also, maybe don't check out my very dumb and very unoriginal Flappy Bird level that I made as my very first level! FC9-BBY-R2G

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The enemy limit still being a thing is such a bummer. It really ruins gauntlets or just generally being able to decorate the stage with enemies that aren't a threat but make the stage feel more alive

edit: You can only have TEN of the creeper piranhas. Why??

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 29, 2019

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is there a quick way to follow people like in the thread and maybe be updated when new levels they do pop up?

I know it’s a Nintendo game but figured I’d ask

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I made a silly forest loop thing with a friend:

There and back again
TMQ-XDK-4XF

Really hope they eventually do a bookmark site for SMM2 as well, it made sharing so much easier.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

im sure a million people have already said this but this needs SMB2 sprites.

Also now i want to make my own castlevania / link to the past levels

Anyone want to try my little flooded forest level? Im new to this and looking for feedback: 19K-C1H-KVF

Some of the levels Ive played by other people and goons are insanely good. also why doesn't nintendo just make a button thats like 'playing with your "friends" may get you murdered/raped, are you sure you want to play with pedophiles?' my god what is the deal here.

What is the theme music when you have coursebot open? it sounds so familar ... like earthbound?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Tried my hand at a P-switch course:

Walking on Sunshine
34S-X3J-PLF

I think it's fairly hard but I am not actually good at Mario.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
I just realized if you keep tapping on warp doors in maker mode random characters open the door and step out for a moment

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is there a quick way to follow people like in the thread and maybe be updated when new levels they do pop up?

I know it’s a Nintendo game but figured I’d ask

If you are viewing a person's level you can click the star to favorite them and all of their levels will go in your favorites feed. Does it tell you when they upload a new course? I don't know (but it will put that course on your list). Does it tell you outside the game? No.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Just uploaded my first level, babby's first Mario level.

YWP-GLF-PBG

Looking for a little feedback, this is kind of a first draft. It's not meant to be too tough, I just like chaining spin jumps.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

So using the Mario Galaxy music on my last stage inspired me and now I am so very sorry.

Going Galaxy
WB1-251-XKF

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My first level. It is rich and complex and hard and not at all any of these things:

wg1-32c-2pf

justwright
Oct 13, 2012
HVD-LKC-LPG
ascend to the top and slay boomer

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Why hasn't Nintendo recreated the bookmark site and why isn't it baked into the online app?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
EDIT: Redone

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 29, 2019

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
2 questions:

1) where in the game do you enter these level codes?

2) I saved an edit to my uploaded game. Upload is grayed out. How do I upload the edit?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Feenix posted:

2 questions:

1) where in the game do you enter these level codes?

2) I saved an edit to my uploaded game. Upload is grayed out. How do I upload the edit?

In Course World, there's a little magnifying glass icon on the right side that says 'ID'.

To update a world you have to delete your first upload of it first, I'm pretty sure.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Here's a more easy going course but hopefully still fun, clears for me in about 50 seconds. Hopefully less annoying! R8P-OY4-M3G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

No, Luigi, you're the one who sucks. Shut the hell up.