Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Very true.

I was wondering if dropping 110 points for a Skyshield would be worth it.

Nah, pure marines are an exercise in overcoming attrition, you just need to accept that the repulsor probably eats poo poo but be so threat dense that you still kill your opponent if they do nuke it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Artum posted:

Nah, pure marines are an exercise in overcoming attrition, you just need to accept that the repulsor probably eats poo poo but be so threat dense that you still kill your opponent if they do nuke it.

So bring two.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Back from the GW store. Managed to score the Sister Superior, some contrast paints, and a pin!

I think that's the most packed I've ever seen one of those stores before. Most people I think were there to get the Sister of Battle and/or the DIY Funko Pop.

They were out of the Wraithbone and Grey Seer, so I guess I'm gonna have to try the contrasts with the minis I've primed with white Rustoleum spray primer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How much were the objective markers? They're nice but unfortunately I can't get to a store today.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How much were the objective markers? They're nice but unfortunately I can't get to a store today.

I think $40. I called my local store a couple hours after opening and they were already sold out.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
drat. Objective markers are 32mm in diameter, right?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Duct Tape posted:

I think $40. I called my local store a couple hours after opening and they were already sold out.

Yeah, they were $40 USD. The store manager said, though, that once they were gone, that's it; there's no option to order them online.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
GW Springfield apparently sold out in 5 minutes.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
K so I'ma finally have to buy floaty box (or two).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eifert Posting posted:

K so I'ma finally have to buy floaty box (or two).

Ministomp has the new floaty box for $70.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
They're pretty weighty and nice, but I didn't spring for em. Got some Vigilus objective markers as a prize for making top three-quarters in the 3-round Kill Team tournament

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

I grabbed them because I’m an idiot for rare things and they’re pretty (£25)

Also not sure if anyone has spoiled this yet, but I had a brief look through the Apoc rules in store and 300 is the base PL.

Which is great because between my Death Guard, my Nurgle Daemons and my Chaos Knights I have about that. Once I add this guy to lead it all -

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Harkano posted:

I grabbed them because I’m an idiot for rare things and they’re pretty (£25)

Also not sure if anyone has spoiled this yet, but I had a brief look through the Apoc rules in store and 300 is the base PL.

Which is great because between my Death Guard, my Nurgle Daemons and my Chaos Knights I have about that. Once I add this guy to lead it all -

Those OBJ markers look great. But my local GW is a place i dare not tread. Also i think the Apoc power level is for both you and your opponents total. So i think the smallest os supposed to be 150 PL per player.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I ended up springing for the objectives, they were about twice as big as I expected and have a nice heft. Plus I'm a big fan of the new logo - the eagle looked fash as gently caress.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

moths posted:

I ended up springing for the objectives, they were about twice as big as I expected and have a nice heft. Plus I'm a big fan of the new logo - the eagle looked fash as gently caress.

How big are they?

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

The Jumpoff posted:

Those OBJ markers look great. But my local GW is a place i dare not tread. Also i think the Apoc power level is for both you and your opponents total. So i think the smallest os supposed to be 150 PL per player.

You are correct upon closer reading. I already promised my buddy I’d have 300 together and he’s so excited to use his Titan, Knights and Baneblades, so I’ll deal. 5 hours is still shorter than most of our 2K games.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone tell me why I'm so excited about those loving movement trays

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Movement trays are a legitimately good tool in 8th.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

because you like to save you and your opponent's time?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheBigAristotle posted:

because you like to save you and your opponent's time?

For the three games I've played this edition.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Harkano posted:

You are correct upon closer reading. I already promised my buddy I’d have 300 together and he’s so excited to use his Titan, Knights and Baneblades, so I’ll deal. 5 hours is still shorter than most of our 2K games.

How close to this PL do those new army boxes they’re releasing get?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm hype for all the trays because Gretchin (25mm), Boyz (32mm) and now my AoS army (40mm).

I can't find the leaked purchase sheet that lists how many trays are in each box though, does anyone have that handy?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

A testament to your magnanimity

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

The Jumpoff posted:

I'm hype for all the trays because Gretchin (25mm), Boyz (32mm) and now my AoS army (40mm).

I can't find the leaked purchase sheet that lists how many trays are in each box though, does anyone have that handy?

You could just look on the gw site, but they are 40 bases in 40mm, 60 in 32mm, 90 in 25mm.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

head58 posted:

How close to this PL do those new army boxes they’re releasing get?

All the datasheets are released on the Community site.

Based on the Orks one -
Big Mek 5
Mek 2
6xKans 13
2xDeffDredd 8

So 28 PL in that one.

Knights one is 30+9+9. So 48. Presumably it varies widely, as does the cost saving.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

R0ckfish posted:

You could just look on the gw site, but they are 40 bases in 40mm, 60 in 32mm, 90 in 25mm.

Had not realized they were listed yet! That's pretty decent then, i basically just need one box of 25 and 40's, and then 2 or 3 of 32's.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
Did the Sister of Battle come with stats? Would anyone who got her mind posting them, or would that be :filez:?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Gaussian posted:

Did the Sister of Battle come with stats? Would anyone who got her mind posting them, or would that be :filez:?

She just comes with the datasheet for a Battle Sister squad.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

First deffkopta is done but needs a proper ork paint job such as needing red... so I guess this is a ‘before’ shot?

(The rocket is magnetized)

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

Cum to 30k

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Finished up my Grey Knight Kill Team today, just in time for a game tomorrow. Can't wait to immediately wipe first turn because the team has a total of 5 wounds and no invuln (other than the Justicar with the stave, and that's only in the fighting phase). But hopefully I'll popped some heads in the Psychic phase first.

Team composition with two special weapons

Team composition with only one special weapon, but a trio of Falcions and a Daemon Hammer.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

For warhammer day brought out my trusty Necrons and rolled up to battle my friend's Custodes. Lessons learned:

-Do not set up a big walled castle in the middle of the board when the objective is in the middle (I did this)
-Doom scythes spamming amalgamated targeting data are friggin amazing
-Do not put the infantry through the walls until you can shoot them all

Fun game, even though I lost horribly. Very much felt like I messed up rather than running into something like Old Ynnari.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Painting today I thought "It feels like I've been working on this Guard army forever" then I realised I bought these plastics when they launched

in 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBD24NA9xJI

Apocalypse looks fun as hell.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Got the 15 man Genestealer squad done and based finally. If I can pick up a cheap bucket of Tyranids somewhere I might go the whole hog and bust out an army as these are super easy to paint with the contrast paints and passable enough for table top.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Am I dumb for wanting the clear movement trays off G-Dub? Are there cheaper versions of as nice looking quality?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lizard Combatant posted:

Am I dumb for wanting the clear movement trays off G-Dub? Are there cheaper versions of as nice looking quality?

No, the GW ones are good value and competitive with anything else that's out there.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Movement trays suck in general. The look stupid as hell and definitely goes a long way to ruin “muh immershun” in games. They’re also completely necessary if you’re playing tournaments with large armies, unless you’re dr. Octopus. They’re such gigantic time saver.

I much prefer homemade ones though, made to look like a big base/terrain for all your dudes, in the same style as your army bases, with magnetized models. It’s really not that expensive or difficult to make, it just takes a little time. They also have the advantage of making you a little less restrained in positioning the models (line vs W or spread out vs base-to-base, is sometime important, but you skip it because you don’t want to take them out).

E: they can be annoying to transport though

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jun 30, 2019

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Flicking through the main game guide, I love that Primaris armour comes with an "absolutis ballistic-appeasement auto-reliquary, allowing for autosanctification of bolt weaponry in combat". Sometimes I forget quite how loving funny 40k is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peanut- posted:

Flicking through the main game guide, I love that Primaris armour comes with an "absolutis ballistic-appeasement auto-reliquary, allowing for autosanctification of bolt weaponry in combat". Sometimes I forget quite how loving funny 40k is.

Especially since Primaris are supposed to be the ones who were frozen since the heresy, and remember the Emperor as a being and not a god.

I imagine there was a committee somewhere that looked at what Cawl had designed and started offering suggestions.