Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

I've heard that on 2 July, those who bought a special edition will get a neat gunblade and a mount, and maybe a few other goodies. I bought the $60 version, so will I get goodies? If so, when and how will I get any codes?

Ignore everything I had said here, it's fixed further down thread.

Albu-quirky Guy fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
The ACT plugin has been updated. Relaunch ACT and it should ask you if you want to download the new one.

Anyone else a weird nerd that melds their leveling gear? What are you guys melding for DNC if so? I'm going with Crit over DH just as a wild guess.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Campbell posted:

As a newbie who has only focused on 1 job since starting a little over a week ago and am at lvl 52 Bard are there any tips for getting up to current content?
It looks like I'll be gated by having to play through all of the main quests for each expansion and I think I'm about 3/4 into the Realm Reborn. Should I basically just always do main & job quest content and only start doing other quests/roulette if content starts getting past my level? With the current XP boosts I'm not sure that'll happen but who knows.
I'm gonna say don't worry too much about what's "current content", unless you have a raid group lined up in two weeks you aren't gonna miss much being late and Shadowbringers is built up so much on what came before (moreso HW and SB than ARR though). Just enjoy the MSQ at your own pace and ShB will be waiting for you when you get to it.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

I've heard that on 2 July, those who bought a special edition will get a neat gunblade and a mount, and maybe a few other goodies. I bought the $60 version, so will I get goodies? If so, when and how will I get any codes?

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

If you bought the $60 version you should have already gotten the gremlin and the earring (and the early access). You only get the gun blade and mount if you bought the $90 version.

The standard edition is $40. The Digital Collector's Edition is $60, and the mount, minion, and gunblade from it will be delivered by the mail moogle after you input your game key on July 2nd.

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

The ACT plugin has been updated. Relaunch ACT and it should ask you if you want to download the new one.

Anyone else a weird nerd that melds their leveling gear? What are you guys melding for DNC if so? I'm going with Crit over DH just as a wild guess.

Any skin you'd recommend? I've been using Ihellmasker_ParserSkin_pointer but it doesn't look like they're updating it anymore.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
So with wow you kind of see stratified gameplay between original/outlands/etc where you kind of work your way into modern gameplay mechanics and quest styles.

Do you see that much w FF14? Holy moly am I hoping the arbitrary teleport/load screen quests taper off when I get past ARR. That and going to Waking Sands.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The Waking Sands stop being a thing quite so much after you hit Level 50.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Campbell posted:

So with wow you kind of see stratified gameplay between original/outlands/etc where you kind of work your way into modern gameplay mechanics and quest styles.

Do you see that much w FF14? Holy moly am I hoping the arbitrary teleport/load screen quests taper off when I get past ARR. That and going to Waking Sands.

Yes, quests (both main and side) are significantly better structured once you get out of ARR content.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The music in the first DNC duty is a pleasant surprise

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I considered quitting the game by the 500th time Minfilia asked me to pray return because it was such a miserable slog. But HW immediately improves on everything I hated about ARR, so if your only hang up right now is that then just be patient and it’ll get SO much better.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Gruckles posted:

The standard edition is $40. The Digital Collector's Edition is $60, and the mount, minion, and gunblade from it will be delivered by the mail moogle after you input your game key on July 2nd.

Sorry about that, I think I got the prices mixed up with The Division 2 packages.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Your Computer posted:

I guess... everyone is playing a tank now? I'm not sure why the tank queues are so bad right now but I've heard several people say it :iiam:

I've seen this pop up a few times over the last few days, and I haven't seen a response.

Simple answer is that having a new tank class but no new healer means everyone is playing with the new shiny, so at least at the beginning don't expect to get instant queues like you might have become used to.

It's possible that pessimism over healer changes had also reduced the number of healers, but I'd guess the imbalance is mostly coming from the new tank class.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Got the thread subtitle (71 dungeon spoilers of a sort)

Let There Be Night

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Vanderdeath posted:

Urianger is such a massive nerd that even Louisoix likely bullied him. Now Urianger has gotten tanned and swole and will beat any motherfucker that gives him any lip over how he talks.

He's still a massive nerd who throws yugioh cards at his bullies.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The Waking Sands stop being a thing quite so much after you hit Level 50.

Fister Roboto posted:

Yes, quests (both main and side) are significantly better structured once you get out of ARR content.

The quests may get "better" in general, but there are still plenty of entering small zones for quests and forced transitions in content beyond ARR.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
The tank queues are 99% people leveling Gunbreaker inundating all the queues, people who like healing still like healing after the job changes.

I did an LDR today that landed me:
1) In Sirensong with
2) A Viera Gunbreaker
3) Two Viera Dancers
4) All from different servers
5) All wearing different bikinis

I feel like I should have ticked some sort of bingo card.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Campbell posted:

Big 2.x spoiler they move their HQ to Mor Dhona, like 6 steps away from the aetheryte and also yeah just way fewer Pray Return/teleport all over the place quests after 2.2 or so.

It isn't as dramatic as going from BC to modern WoW, but they continually get better at quest design every patch

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

Gishin posted:

Any skin you'd recommend? I've been using Ihellmasker_ParserSkin_pointer but it doesn't look like they're updating it anymore.

I use this one. You know how to add skins to ACT, I take it, but for anyone else just check the Quick Start bit on that link before you download anything.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I haven't tried GNB yet, what makes it stand out from the other tanks?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

FactsAreUseless posted:

I haven't tried GNB yet, what makes it stand out from the other tanks?

GUN

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

I use this one. You know how to add skins to ACT, I take it, but for anyone else just check the Quick Start bit on that link before you download anything.

I switched to that one, since it seemed the less broken one at the moment.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Whm impressions. Holy poo poo do I miss AoE aero. Give it back and make it not stack with single target if you have to please.

Glare and Dia look cool but if I lived in the First I'd be all sketched out about the catte tossing light beams around.

Early dungeon bosses seem to do a lot more aoe damage but I couldn't run out of mp if I tried. Between all the free lily heals and ogcds I feel like I have infinite mp.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Edmond Dantes posted:

Got the thread subtitle

First World Problems

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

A Bug posted:

First World Problems

This

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

A Bug posted:

First World Problems

:popeye:

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So here I am, wandering in Il Mheg and found an Aetheryte to attune to.

I see a bunch of amaro just standing around here and THESE FUCKERS CAN TALK?!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So apparently (zone level range spoilers, no actual story spoilers) You are level 80 before going to the final zone. It is literally a level 80 only zone.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

A Bug posted:

First World Problems

:golfclap:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I know it seems like people say this with every expansion, but they really knocked it out of the park with the music. It also sounds very different from previous expansions.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I know it seems like people say this with every expansion, but they really knocked it out of the park with the music. It also sounds very different from previous expansions.
I almost died to a gigatender because my brain just loving melted the first time I heard the combat theme. Games don't sound like this, it's rad

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Fister Roboto posted:

Valla Ala Flamenco will do that.

Especially when it's a surprise!

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Stupid question here: I keep seeing everyone talking about having to enter in a code on the 2nd to be registered for the game. But I’ve been checking through my emails from Square and the only code I have is the early access one. Do they send another one or should I be spending time contacting support? Or is it the same code and we just put it in again? I wasn’t around for other launches so I don’t know how this works. Hopefully I’m just worrying about nothing...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

Games > The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers: O loveliest of branches, please grant me your succor!

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009

A Real Horse posted:

Stupid question here: I keep seeing everyone talking about having to enter in a code on the 2nd to be registered for the game. But I’ve been checking through my emails from Square and the only code I have is the early access one. Do they send another one or should I be spending time contacting support? Or is it the same code and we just put it in again? I wasn’t around for other launches so I don’t know how this works. Hopefully I’m just worrying about nothing...

The game doesn't actually come out until the 2nd. You'll get a code for the game then, that you'll have to put in on the mogstation. The early access code stops working a couple days after official release to give people who ordered physical copies a chance to receive them.

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

I feel like I'm doing something wrong. At level 53, these Gnath fuckers are absolutely pushing my poo poo in. Should I just cave to the gil vacuum of the white arms/armor vendors?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dimestore Merlin posted:

I feel like I'm doing something wrong. At level 53, these Gnath fuckers are absolutely pushing my poo poo in. Should I just cave to the gil vacuum of the white arms/armor vendors?

Unless you have augmented ironworks you're going to need to start upgrading, yeah. 120 doesn't stretch that far.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

TKImpulse posted:

The game doesn't actually come out until the 2nd. You'll get a code for the game then, that you'll have to put in on the mogstation. The early access code stops working a couple days after official release to give people who ordered physical copies a chance to receive them.

Awesome, thanks a ton.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dimestore Merlin posted:

Normal quality gear sold by vendors is garbage. Find a friendly crafter and get them to make gear for you, or check the market board and see if you can get a good deal on high quality gear.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Dimestore Merlin posted:

What ilevel are you? i130 is more than enough to last halfway into HW. You can get ironworks gear in Mor Dhona and upgrade it to i130 in North Shroud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Will circle back with more once I'm done with the story but holy poo poo I'm so impressed with the dungeons in ShB. I really liked SB's leveling dungeons but ShB takes it to another level. They feel like a natural extension of the zones they're in. Really liked the atmosphere in the lvl 77 dungeon too, felt like any of the crypts or mines from Vagrant Story.

Loving Shadowbringers so far