Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Random Stranger posted:

The Leader is such a nerd.

I don't get it. Context?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Coolguye posted:

I don't get it. Context?

Settlers of catan.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'll offer you a better deal. Wood for shee-STOP SNIGGERING.

cant believe they're playing the baby 7 tile version though

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'll offer you a better deal. Wood for shee-STOP SNIGGERING.

cant believe they're playing the baby 7 tile version though

Look how big the "tiles" are. Each one is an entire catan playboard. They are playing 7 simultaneous games.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Coolguye posted:

I don't get it. Context?

I don't know which issue that is from.

But I do remember an issue of Thunderbolts (possibly the same run) where the Leader kidnaps an author to write his Biography for him.

In it he talks about all the epic games of Settlers of Catan that he played with the other Intelligentsia members. But says that the Biographer should write down that they played chess instead. As that is more understood and respected by the masses.

And nothing says (the bad kind of) "gamer nerd" than self loathing over your own hobby.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's dumb because Catan is one of the best selling games on the planet.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Rhyno posted:

That's dumb because Catan is one of the best selling games on the planet.

This is true.
But I would bet you if you asked 10 people on the street what Settlers of Catan was, nine out of ten would have never heard of it (or think it's a book about 17th century colonialists.)

Where as everyone knows what chess is and associate playing it with being smart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think you'd be surprised. It was the number one selling game at Target and Walmart during multiple Christmas seasons. Hell I've seen it for sale at multiple grocery chains.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Heard the name but no idea what it is

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Green Mask #2 (1940)

Superboy #6 (1950)

Spidey Super Stories #3 (1974)

Marvel Super-Heroes #8 (1992)

Lobo/The Mask #1 (1996)

Hitman #43 (1999)

Astonishing Tales #1 (2009)

Airboy #4 (2015)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Darthemed posted:

The start of a beautiful friendship.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

site posted:

Heard the name but no idea what it is

It's a favorite among the forces of evil:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Darthemed posted:

Spidey Super Stories #3 (1974)

This is like the purest distillation of Spider-Man

quote:

I never knew back when everyone complained about Squirrel Girl's art* they were just mad that Henderson just forgot SG's super bottom tooth!

*please do not take this as an invitation to complain about Erica Henderson's art

Anyway here's a panel from War of the Realms Strikeforce - The War Avengers #1. In the process of fighting fire goblins by attempting to drown them in the ocean, Deadpool ends up in Atlantis.

Nice :iceburn:, Narmor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm so glad that every writer just leans further and further into Namor being the biggest dick.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Rhyno posted:

I'm so glad that every writer just leans further and further into Namor being the biggest dick.

I've decided I want the next MCU movie to be Namor, and I want it to mostly be about Namor being an rear end in a top hat to everyone.

I recognize it'd be hard to make a Namor movie different from Aquaman, and I'd like to suggest that we do so by not having any underwater scenes, or action scenes. It's just two hours of Namor being condescending and rude to humans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cleretic posted:

I've decided I want the next MCU movie to be Namor, and I want it to mostly be about Namor being an rear end in a top hat to everyone.

I recognize it'd be hard to make a Namor movie different from Aquaman, and I'd like to suggest that we do so by not having any underwater scenes, or action scenes. It's just two hours of Namor being condescending and rude to humans.

Post credit scene is a reveal that Namor being a dick is based entirely on him not getting the bagels he wanted.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Airboy #4 (2015)

Airboy was really just him jerking off while going "woe is me", wasn't it?
You'd think the introductions to the Starman Omnibus would've been enough.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Why restrict it just to Namor being rude to humans? Why not expand the scope to include other things like dogs, or even barrels?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ghostlight posted:

Why restrict it just to Namor being rude to humans? Why not expand the scope to include other things like dogs, or even barrels?

Ridiculous!

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Ghostlight posted:

Him being rude to dogs is how you establish that he's the bad guy.

FAKE EDIT: Wait no, it's a Secret Lives of Pets movie but with Marvel animals and Namor's the bad guy.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Vincent posted:

To a degree, but it’s also him (or his character) coming to terms with how unhealthy and pathetic that behavior is.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Dial H #4.
Just cropping out the newspaper comic transformation cause it's over too many full pages, but the other two have amazing spot-on pastiches too.

This is incredible :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

war scrolls #3. Art by Simone D'Armini so that's one more artist I have to check out.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Why is hobo Adam Jensen wearing swords on his back?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thats blade

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

The Lone Badger posted:

Why is hobo Adam Jensen wearing swords on his back?

His paddle got stolen.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Alright if you want to nitpick, then fine. Why is hobo Adam Jensen wearing blades on his back?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
why is franks face melting? When did MARVEL start hiring blind people to draw?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mikl posted:

Alright if you want to nitpick, then fine. Why is hobo Adam Jensen wearing blades on his back?

How else do you expect him to sigh and unsheath his katana if he's not carrying them?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Mikl posted:

Since he got laid off, Adam Jensen had to sell his arm blades augments. Eventually all the money ran out and he ended up homeless. And now needs to carry his swords around like a pleb.

His fall in circumstance is tragic. He didn't ask for this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Hey remember that time when the Fantastic Four went to heaven and met God and it was Jack Kirby? Frank Castle remembers it differently

Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History 1

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

(From the classic The Sensational Spider-Man v1 #20, part 2 of Return of the Living Pharaoh)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I like Simone's art. It's incredibly dynamic and stylized.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Vincent posted:

Well to be fair he takes a break from the naval-gazing to indulge in grotesque transmisogyny.

I do not like Airboy.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

TwoPair posted:

I never knew back when everyone complained about Squirrel Girl's art* they were just mad that Henderson just forgot SG's super bottom tooth!

*please do not take this as an invitation to complain about Erica Henderson's art

Not a complaint about her art, more of a complaint about Marvel art in general. I feel like the standalone book should set the standard for what the character looks like, but whenever Squirrel Girl shows up in other works she looks completely different - different variation of her outfit, longer hair when it's shown to be quite short these days, generic "female superhero" body when she's generally not meant to be built like that.. Consistency is not their strong suit with her.. You'd think they'd have some sort of better style bible.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

New Leaf posted:

Not a complaint about her art, more of a complaint about Marvel art in general. I feel like the standalone book should set the standard for what the character looks like, but whenever Squirrel Girl shows up in other works she looks completely different - different variation of her outfit, longer hair when it's shown to be quite short these days, generic "female superhero" body when she's generally not meant to be built like that.. Consistency is not their strong suit with her.. You'd think they'd have some sort of better style bible.

They do the same thing a lot with Gwenpool. She's supposed to be a smaller teen girl and she'll show up elsewhere looking like Wonder Woman.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Why is Medusa saying that?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Just an everyday octopus. Must be a male, because there's a huge schmuck under it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Hulk's just cosplaying as Tekken 7 Yoshimitsu.