Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Be The New Tory Leader?
This poll is closed.
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson 71 12.66%
Michael Andrew Kaajh'Kaalbh Gove 22 3.92%
Jeremy *cough*unt 29 5.17%
James, Cleverly 1 0.18%
App Mancock 4 0.71%
The Brexit Party 31 5.53%
Rory 'Midnight Oil' Stewart 15 2.67%
Mark 'Wedding Crasher' Harper 0 0%
Kit 'Tokelau Smith' Malthouse 0 0%
Priti 'Little Liar' Patel 2 0.36%
Dominic 'Rennie' Raab 11 1.96%
'Andrea' Leadsom 5 0.89%
Jess Phillips 31 5.53%
Esther McVey 1 0.18%
Jacobus Rhesus-Moggus 6 1.07%
Dr. Ivo Robotnik 75 13.37%
Alastair Campbell 12 2.14%
Sinn Fein Dad 46 8.20%
Pissflaps 199 35.47%
Total: 561 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Didn't Jay-Z do it about 10 years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Pochoclo posted:

Rupert Morlock

Rupert Mirelurk

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

oh no computer posted:

Didn't Jay-Z do it about 10 years ago?
Stormzy's the first Black British male to headline, Skin (as part of Skunk Anansie) was the first Black British female.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Jay Z was the first rapper to headline, and Noel Gallagher was decidely unimpressed which led to Jay subsequently coming out and murdering 'Wonderwall' as his opener before launching into '99 Problems'

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Glastonbury has a tradition of guitar music and even when they throw the odd curveball in on a Sunday night you go 'Kylie Minogue?' I don't know about it. But I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong."

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

happyhippy posted:

I hear you. Veggie myself and the only option is Egg & Cress, and the odd Ploughman's (if extremely lucky in Ireland here as its not a normal sandwich here).
Even at my work we have asked for veggie sandwich options from the cafeteria, and they do egg for a day and then its back to Ham. Ham and everything. Ham, ham, ham.
Aldi do falafel wraps, I try to buy a weeks worth for my work lunches, but these sell out here really quick.

The thing that gets me about this veggie sandwiches situation, is that if you ever go to a party or something where you're the only vegetarian amongst a load of meat eaters, and the hosts put on some food in a buffet / finger food style, the veggie stuff is ALWAYS the first to go, to the point where you have to insist on getting in on it first before it's all gone. Doesn't matter what it is, veggie sandwiches, pizza, cheese and onion rolls alongside sausage rolls.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Bit warm but I managed to get like 5 loads of washing done today because it was half dry before I finished wheeling it down the deck and gardening was a pleasure

ShadowSpectre posted:

Dunno if it’s been pointed out, but Stormzy’s not the first black artist headlining Glastonbury: Skunk Anansie, fronted by a black woman, did it twenty years ago, I think. First solo, though, so good for BME rep.

It should also be pointed out that skunk anansie loving ruled

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

WhatEvil posted:

The thing that gets me about this veggie sandwiches situation, is that if you ever go to a party or something where you're the only vegetarian amongst a load of meat eaters, and the hosts put on some food in a buffet / finger food style, the veggie stuff is ALWAYS the first to go, to the point where you have to insist on getting in on it first before it's all gone. Doesn't matter what it is, veggie sandwiches, pizza, cheese and onion rolls alongside sausage rolls.

Family events, yes.
Can't remember a funeral, christening, birthday, etc where Im sitting there with loads to eat.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

DesperateDan posted:

It should also be pointed out that skunk anansie loving ruled

Here, here.

Wonder if shes still as bald and angry these days.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

bump_fn posted:

this is too late cause it ends in two hours but the great exhibition road festival is very very cool lotta science outreach stuff

Oh I'm just on my way back home from that, what did you see

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

happyhippy posted:

Here, here.

Wonder if shes still as bald and angry these days.

Well, if Rainbow Siege 6 has taught me anything, she's now part of an international anti-terrorism operation.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ShadowSpectre posted:

Dunno if it’s been pointed out, but Stormzy’s not the first black artist headlining Glastonbury: Skunk Anansie, fronted by a black woman, did it twenty years ago, I think. First solo, though, so good for BME rep.

It's weird to think they headlined Glastonbury considering how completely they are forgotten at this point.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

forkboy84 posted:

It's weird to think they headlined Glastonbury considering how completely they are forgotten at this point.

They kinda slide in with Kula Shaker and Ocean Colour Scene to me as bands that seemed massive and everywhere at their time but vanished without trace.

ShadowSpectre
Oct 6, 2016

forkboy84 posted:

I think it’s that other “more popular” artists/bands were playing in the same weekend, as well as since. In terms of there not being much in the way of representation, that’s an entry problem. Hopefully with the increase in mainstream acceptance/integration/celebration, it won’t be such a surprise and eventually turns these things from milestones to regular occurrences.

The HU were at Download this year and I hear tell they were loving incredible.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I saw SA a load of times she had an amazing voice and look.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

njsykora posted:

They kinda slide in with Kula Shaker and Ocean Colour Scene to me as bands that seemed massive and everywhere at their time but vanished without trace.

I've never seen a band go from "YEAH" to "erm, could you kindly finish up now" as quickly as Ocean Colour Scene did when they supported Oasis at Knebworth, but frontloading their set with the four singles off of 'Moseley Shoals' will probably do that to a crowd. And incidentally, all the indie kids who'd been slagging The Chemical Brothers set earlier were now actually wanting them to come back because Ocean Colour Scene were so bad. And also, The Prodigy were also on that bill and yeah, Oasis never stood a chance

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

*wikipediaishly* Skunk Anansie are still going and on a euro tour right now

like this

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jippa posted:

I saw SA a load of times she had an amazing voice and look.

Forums yuru-chara coming along nicely is it?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

njsykora posted:

Kula Shaker totally packed out Belfast back then. Absolute loving brilliant.
Sunny day, open concert in Botanic Avenue.
Everyone trying to be hippies.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

There were a number of one album wonders in the 90s, Alanis Morissette with Jagged Little Pill, Ocean Colour Scene with Mosely Shoals, Kula Shaker with K, The Charlatans with Tellin Stories etc. All good albums, heard them everywhere, then vanished.

Ocean Colour Scene and Alanis had a good track each after the big album success (Hundred Mile High City, Thank U) but otherwise nada.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

TCC tan already exists.

I'm not sure what D&D tan would be.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Me. I am D&D anime.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Bundy posted:

There were a number of one album wonders in the 90s, Alanis Morissette with Jagged Little Pill, Ocean Colour Scene with Mosely Shoals, Kula Shaker with K, The Charlatans with Tellin Stories etc. All good albums, heard them everywhere, then vanished.

Ocean Colour Scene and Alanis had a good track each after the big album success (Hundred Mile High City, Thank U) but otherwise nada.

The Charlatans a one album wonder?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

^^^ Yeah, even outside Canada Alan Morriss was at least a 2 album wonder (Jagged Little Pill and then SFIJ mostly for Thank U).

Oasis disappeared up Liam Gallagher's arse, given that every time he and Noel even begin to talk about a new album they get into an irreconcilable fight over it.

Unfortunately both of them come from working class enough backgrounds that they spent their money relatively sensibly, and are well off enough from the residuals that they still think they're famous. Liam particularly seems to think he is on-par with Jagger and Tyler, whereas Noel seems to have matured into a Paul Weller-esque quiet old man with a lot of expensive guitars / rock mouthpiece when they want someone to complain about modern music.

I'm frankly surprised Noel doesn't have a drive time radio slot, except that his accent would boil people's ears.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 30, 2019

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

OwlFancier posted:

Me. I am D&D anime.

No this is D&D Anime:
https://www.rct.uk/collection/67770/composite-anime-cuirass

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Didn't the wheels come off the Kula Shaker caravan when they tried to reclaim the swastika

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Even Rik Waller managed 2 albums :laugh:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I feel old and out of touch.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

The Charlatans a one album wonder?

Stereo MCs
The Verve
Babybird
Placebo

gently caress I want to go back.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I maintain Placebo are the band you book second or third from the top of the bill at any festival in the country and they will give you 50 minutes to an hours worth of reasons why you think they should be headlining

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Chemical Brothers were extremely good last night even if I still feel like absolute poo poo lol.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/MarthaPShearer/status/1145313451654467586?s=19

Burn your legacy to own the libs

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Ah, 2019. Posie Parker, from that Twitter thread about UK TERFs being funded by American evangelical orgs, has discovered the Man Chat page, so I expect this to be weaponized by the glinneresque shitheels in due course.

Should be the last comment on this post:
https://www.facebook.com/471640896905063/posts/478820592853760/

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

WhatEvil posted:

I think the thing is hosts usually make exactly enough to feed the vegetarians they're expecting, without also realising the meat eaters will quite happily bogart all that poo poo too.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

baka kaba posted:

Didn't the wheels come off the Kula Shaker caravan when they tried to reclaim the swastika
Melton Road does that every autumn.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"Posie Parker" is not a real name come on.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

OwlFancier posted:

Probably not but an awful person nonetheless.

https://twitter.com/CaseyExplosion/status/1015986736651034625?s=19

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Adult spider female.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Oh cool I had been reading it as Parker Posey and thought the well known actress was a TERF, so Posey Parker is just some nobody then, that's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

feedmegin posted:

I think the thing is hosts usually make exactly enough to feed the vegetarians they're expecting, without also realising the meat eaters will quite happily bogart all that poo poo too.

It's not my fault that egg sandwiches are loving delicious :colbert: