Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
the good die young

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
New chapter of spider isekai: https://mangadex.org/chapter/643919

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

Mannnnn, that demon king isekai series was so loving funny, why did it have to get axed :(

I respect it ending as fast as it did before the jokes start to run thin.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Eh, it clearly set up some good footholds for later use but got cancelled before it could enact upon any of them. It gave me a konosuba or combatants will be dispatched vibe where almost every single character is a broken, vindictive dipshit and you simultaneously may root for them and also for them to self-destruct in hilarious ways. There's a lot more mileage they could get out of that sort of humor at the rate they were going.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is a good beginning for any isekai, really. If slime isekai came before this one, it's a good trend for a gag

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

This is a good beginning for any isekai, really. If slime isekai came before this one, it's a good trend for a gag

What's this one called, for reference.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Syenite posted:

What's this one called, for reference.

https://mangadex.org/title/16105/tsuki-ga-michibiku-isekai-douchuu

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the protagonist of tsuki ga is absurdly overpowered but the women that pal around with him are also absurdly overpowered so they get to do more than similar characters in other isekai series

it's a pretty fun story but be warned that it makes absolutely no attempt to avoid the worst excesses of the genre

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I have no illusions about that what with shenron transforming into a sexy dragon human lady and declaring him her master like two chapters in.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a ways in, the mc gets a job as an instructor for combat and magic despite expressly having no knowledge or skill in these fields. also, he's largely divorced from the bog standard rpg system the rest of the world runs off of which makes him even less prepared to teach people who rely on it. so did he flail around at this unfamiliar job, overwhelmed despite his own overwhelming power? nah, he was just suddenly good at all those things for no particular reason, and instantly became the most talented and innovative teacher ever.

it is not very good even by isekai standards.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
welcum to isekai where all your wildest power fantasies come tru.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this story's pretty average(which actually puts it pretty high-up on the LN list, since it isn't "actively terrible") but the one standout thing is the protagonist wanting to hire more of those dogs, but all he can think of as a sales pitch is "uhh you can dig all the holes you want?"

and then like 1000 show up because hell yes digging holes bark bark

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

a ways in, the mc gets a job as an instructor for combat and magic despite expressly having no knowledge or skill in these fields. also, he's largely divorced from the bog standard rpg system the rest of the world runs off of which makes him even less prepared to teach people who rely on it. so did he flail around at this unfamiliar job, overwhelmed despite his own overwhelming power? nah, he was just suddenly good at all those things for no particular reason, and instantly became the most talented and innovative teacher ever.

it is not very good even by isekai standards.

Paying attention to the story instead of laughing at the guy eating a sandwich while dumb anime crap happens around him is your mistake.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Shield Heroine
Fuckin rip rhose dudes from the end of the last chapter

Zahrkon
Apr 2, 2010

Jackard posted:

Mangadex needs to expedite the user option to only show English titles. Sounds like they were working on that earlier this year.

Click on the gear next to the search bar, its right there.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Ride-On King's (NotPutin Isekai) latest chapter has a pretty funny development. NotPutin defeats a powerful mage... with the power of guns. :911:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Zahrkon posted:

Click on the gear next to the search bar, its right there.
Not the language, the actual titles of the comics. You can't read half the poo poo that shows up on your feed. Just look at the front page

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
That Putin Isekai manga is growing on me. I read the first chapter and dropped it cause I thought it was dumb, but reading through all eleven its getting interesting.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
New chapter of Milady Just Wants to Relax. Her reaction to the bishie forms is great.

large oblate cat
Jul 7, 2009

ElBrak posted:

That Putin Isekai manga is growing on me. I read the first chapter and dropped it cause I thought it was dumb, but reading through all eleven its getting interesting.

Also weird that the dictator isekai is the most progressive. Putin is the only abolitionist I've seen in a Japanese isekai.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!

large oblate cat posted:

Also weird that the dictator isekai is the most progressive. Putin is the only abolitionist I've seen in a Japanese isekai.

Skeleton Knight is another isekai where the hero knows the proper way to deal with slave traders. :black101:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sword Dad's cat daughter is so gung ho about killing slavers they have to walk it back and show that not all the people of the beastkin race that's mostly slavers are actually in favor of slavery.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I posted in the wrong dang thread.

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 27, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Moon-Led Journey Across Another World is really giving me tenchi muyo vibes with its atmosphere. Tomoe and Mio are ryoko and ayeka respectively, Ema is sasami, and any other equivalents have yet to show up but they are totally like them albeit with less jonesing for tenchi specifically in their attitudes. They're even really into samurai dramas as well and Tomoe is straight up mimicking the character she likes from the show at this point. It's a fun series, it's pure wish fulfillment nonsense as is the usual isekai trope, but it so far is dodging the worst pitfalls of the genre pretty deftly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus posted:

Moon-Led Journey Across Another World is really giving me tenchi muyo vibes with its atmosphere. Tomoe and Mio are ryoko and ayeka respectively, Ema is sasami, and any other equivalents have yet to show up but they are totally like them albeit with less jonesing for tenchi specifically in their attitudes. They're even really into samurai dramas as well and Tomoe is straight up mimicking the character she likes from the show at this point. It's a fun series, it's pure wish fulfillment nonsense as is the usual isekai trope, but it so far is dodging the worst pitfalls of the genre pretty deftly.

Uh. Jesus christ. :stare:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ok, the Rembrandt arc(read up through chapter 28). so moris and Rembrandt are both psychopath serial killers and I kept suspecting they were going to be revealed as such but it never came until after everything was resolved so I managed to get got right as I was finally letting my guard down. But then Tomoe tucks those memories away instead of causing trouble. Wasn't she going on about righting the wrongs of the world with kuzunoha just a handful of chapters beforehand? Does this get resolved eventually, or just left behind? A yes or no would suffice.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's not relevant to the author stand-in being worshipped as a living god, so what do you think?

but really, i don't remember anything you are talking about.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's not relevant to the author stand-in being worshipped as a living god, so what do you think?

but really, i don't remember anything you are talking about.
Well, I decided to catch up and things moved on quite a bit from then anyways, it seems positively small potatoes to have a couple of serial killers off the hook with what just happened in the latest chapter (42). If anyone is reading the webnovel, can you link me to the chapter this manga chapter corresponds to? I tried skimming the comments of that manga chapter to see if someone mentioned that(there's often a nice person who does) but instead I got a couple of unmarked spoilers, very cool.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Bakanogami posted:

Sword Dad's cat daughter is so gung ho about killing slavers they have to walk it back and show that not all the people of the beastkin race that's mostly slavers are actually in favor of slavery.

Speaking of this, the second LN dropped in English a couple days ago. Things were shifted around a little in comparison to both the WN and the manga, so there's some earlier hinting at the situation behind Sword Dad being a sword. It covers the arc the manga scanlation just started, so it's only a little ahead of that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New The Eminence in Shadow.

Even though it's only been 7 chapters, I'm honestly surprised the series' gimmick is holding up as well as it is. This stupid series is hilarious.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

New The Eminence in Shadow.

Even though it's only been 7 chapters, I'm honestly surprised the series' gimmick is holding up as well as it is. This stupid series is hilarious.

I like the core joke of this where the protagonist thinks his organization is just adlibbing everything.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I know I’m months behind on this, but I just saw the trailer for Yesterday and it’s a loving isekai with truck-kun and everything lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry9honCV3qc

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Fellis posted:

I know I’m months behind on this, but I just saw the trailer for Yesterday and it’s a loving isekai with truck-kun and everything lmao

The ending is literally the dude coming clean about his plagiarism of the Beatles, but then realizing its a world where nobody has heard of Harry Potter.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Fellis posted:

Its so unoriginal that this is literally the plot to Boku wa Beatles, which came out in 2011

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Captain Invictus posted:

New The Eminence in Shadow. Even though it's only been 7 chapters, I'm honestly surprised the series' gimmick is holding up as well as it is. This stupid series is hilarious.
Yea this chapter was great.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Bro Dad posted:

Its so unoriginal that this is literally the plot to Boku wa Beatles, which came out in 2011

I've seen a few Chinese novels with a similar premise of some guy waking up in Alt-Earth where things are slightly different and they go on to become rich/famous on the back of plagiarized work. I'm always sort of skeptical though, would someone really be able to get rich and famous purely on knowing a bunch of "good" songs no one else knows in 2019? Would songs by The Beatles really even blow up in 2019? I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to making it big in the entertainment industry than just creating "good" art.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Nicholas Lyndhurst also did it in the time travel/bigamy comedy series Goodnight Sweetheart.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

i've heard enough covers that i object to the inherent premise that good songs would be popular no matter who actually performed them

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Isekai Quartet ended its season and they've announced a season 2 with "transfer students", but no details. I don't keep up with which studios own which IPs so anyone have a guess at who the new character(s) are?

I really enjoyed season 1 but man I wish the episodes were longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

SpartanIvy posted:

Isekai Quartet ended its season and they've announced a season 2 with "transfer students", but no details. I don't keep up with which studios own which IPs so anyone have a guess at who the new character(s) are?

I really enjoyed season 1 but man I wish the episodes were longer.

Kadokawa pretty much has the market cornered when it comes to isekai so who knows(they own Shield Hero so yeah that's a tragically open possibility, sigh) . The "transfer students" thing though is interesting though since they COULD bring in Rimuru and Co who'd fit right in(the amount of gags you could get off of Kazuma and Gabiru ALONE... Yesssss!!!) and it would coincide with the new season as well.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)