Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

El Tortuga posted:

Amadeus Cho is too innocent for Immortal Hulk.

I’m reading through Immortal Hulk on Marvel Unlimited so only up to issue 10.

But in an early issue the Shadow Base name drops Cho and that they are keeping him under survailance.

I also loved that they showed them monitoring other Gamma characters, including having a camera stuck on Rick Jones’ grave. You can’t be too careful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

But in an early issue the Shadow Base name drops Cho and that they are keeping him under survailance.

I also loved that they showed them monitoring other Gamma characters, including having a camera stuck on Rick Jones’ grave. You can’t be too careful.

oh man, only issue 10

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Speaking of Hulks, if you were wondering what She Hulk's deal is currently, this week's Avengers has you covered.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

The Question IRL posted:

oh my sweet summer child

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

The Question IRL posted:

Lol

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Today’s war of the realm is so badass. What a ending

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also drat.

Dont need a ressurection if they didnt actually kill you.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

TwoPair posted:

All this hubbub actually made me read solicits for a change and I learned that they're bringing Spider-Gwen Ghost-Spider into 616 and I hate it.

I don't mind that, to me it's a sign that the character is cool and popular enough that they benefit from adding them to 616, and Miles certainly established the precedent there. I haven't been following comics that closely so I don't know if she's still rocking that symbiote, but it'd be my preference if she is. Cooler and more unique powers that way and it's fun to see a spider-hero get along with a symbiote, even if the execution of bonding over the right ipod jams really didn't work for me I did like the end result a lot.

In ASM# 24 news:

I definitely like the idea of Kindred being what Mephisto turned the part of his soul that Peter sold during OMD into. Having revived the MJ/Pete relationship that's really something that has to be confronted at some point, and as much as I hated that whole storyline there's certainly narrative potential in revisiting it in a manner like that. That name and the character's behavior and dialogue are all very evocative of that to me.

Those OMD actions are some of the most heinous stuff Pete's done as a character, when his entire character has been basically the squeaky clean super good guy (when not being mind-jacked by Otto or otherwise messed with in a similar manner), I'm ready for him to have to face some real consequences from that and I'm very ready to hopefully see some good story material come out of the OMD story that I very much did not enjoy.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

NowonSA posted:

I definitely like the idea of Kindred being what Mephisto turned the part of his soul that Peter sold during OMD into. Having revived the MJ/Pete relationship that's really something that has to be confronted at some point, and as much as I hated that whole storyline there's certainly narrative potential in revisiting it in a manner like that. That name and the character's behavior and dialogue are all very evocative of that to me.

Those OMD actions are some of the most heinous stuff Pete's done as a character, when his entire character has been basically the squeaky clean super good guy (when not being mind-jacked by Otto or otherwise messed with in a similar manner), I'm ready for him to have to face some real consequences from that and I'm very ready to hopefully see some good story material come out of the OMD story that I very much did not enjoy.

Didn’t Peter end up not saying yes to the deal, but MJ made the decision instead? I could have sworn that’s one of those things people bring up all the time.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

good day for a bris posted:

Didn’t Peter end up not saying yes to the deal, but MJ made the decision instead? I could have sworn that’s one of those things people bring up all the time.

She said yes and then he screamed do it.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

TwoPair posted:

I mean after you have King Phoenix Thor fight Starbrand-IronFist-GhostRider-SorcerorSupreme Dr. Doom inside Earth's core for centuries, everything else was gonna be just alright by comparison.

catching up on comics and this thread and would like to inquire where, exactly , does this happen please

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I talked crap on it, but War of the Realms ended pretty well.
They probably should have shown Jane's new transformation in full to sell that new comic, though.

edit: I guess there's an epilogue issue to come which will probably do that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Artelier posted:

catching up on comics and this thread and would like to inquire where, exactly , does this happen please

Issues 4-6 of the current Thor run

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Teenage Fansub posted:

I talked crap on it, but War of the Realms ended pretty well.
They probably should have shown Jane's new transformation in full to sell that new comic, though.

edit: I guess there's an epilogue issue to come which will probably do that.

I think the ending was the part that felt the most of a piece with the rest of Aaron's run, especially with the dialogue and multiple Thors. The rest felt much more generic but I'm going to reread the six issues to see how they cohere as a book.

Also who could have possibly called Loki coming back? What a tweeeest.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Cloks posted:

The twist isn't that Loki came back, it's that he's in one piece. Good thing Laufey ate that staple gun last week.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Cloks posted:

I think the ending was the part that felt the most of a piece with the rest of Aaron's run, especially with the dialogue and multiple Thors. The rest felt much more generic but I'm going to reread the six issues to see how they cohere as a book.

Well they pretty blatantly foreshadowed he wasn't dead in one of the Thor issues (forget what number) with Loki having a vision of himself in the past basically kickstarting the whole war and then begging to the heavens to actually die. It kinda all but said "oh he's gonna live"

But of course the real tell was that Loki can't die because he has a TV show in the works.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
also that loki mini starting in a couple months

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

good day for a bris posted:

It was only as a mutual agreement, they both had to say yes. In the original story Peter says that he can say no if MJ doesn't want to make the deal, but it kind of reads like he's basically guilt-tripping her about how terrible he's going to feel about it.

Then in OMIT, it turns out MJ says Peter will only go along with it if she says yes in the retconned scene.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
War of the realms was an actually cool event. The main story was kinda fun and I liked most of the tie ins. Squirrel Girl hanging out with Ratatoskr, Kate Bishop, Miles Morales and Thori having a babysitting road trip, body swapping with Captain Marvel and Stephen Strange, the Asia based heroes trying to stop enhanced global warming, Otto desperately trying to be the main character.

I guess a large part of the fun comes from the fact that it has been building up for so long in the Thor run. And it's mostly a united fight against outside forces. It would have been quite different if for example Black Panther, had inexplicably decided that Laufrey has some good ideas and should be supported.

The only thing I didn't like was how much the Punisher was involved. He's such a drag.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Iron is the one thing we are weak to, and his human has an endless supply of it!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Jason Aaron putting Punisher into event books is pretty great. In Original Sin he teamed up with Rocket Raccoon on the moon.

Hickman still holds the title for best Punisher involvement in a event book with Secret Wars.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the castle/freyja issue was worth it imo

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

The only thing I didn't like was how much the Punisher was involved. He's such a drag.

I dislike the Punisher in general but somehow I like him in basically every crossover/teamup I've seen him in. Punisher out of his element is best Punisher.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

TwoPair posted:

I dislike the Punisher in general but somehow I like him in basically every crossover/teamup I've seen him in. Punisher out of his element is best Punisher.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeesh, did Loki cast a spell to make everyone melt?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
frank frowns so much his face got stuck that way

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Finally, I did it. I read all the comics that had piled up since tax season. All the comics I had to put aside from February to now.

And, all I will say is, The War of The Realms was good but would have been great if it wasn't an event and, therefore, had to waste time saying how "x was involved" and "y was involved" instead of just focusing on the important characters; Spider-Man The Hunted was pretty good but I'm just wondered how Squirrel Girl is going to deal with its fallout; And Immortal Hulk is still one of the best comics of the year.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What did Nick Spencer do to Squirrel Girl? Am I going to have to start a riot?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Covok posted:

Finally, I did it. I read all the comics that had piled up since tax season. All the comics I had to put aside from February to now.

And, all I will say is, The War of The Realms was good but would have been great if it wasn't an event and, therefore, had to waste time saying how "x was involved" and "y was involved" instead of just focusing on the important characters; Spider-Man The Hunted was pretty good but I'm just wondered how Squirrel Girl is going to deal with its fallout; And Immortal Hulk is still one of the best comics of the year.
I'm not sure USG has time to deal with the Hunted fallout, it's coming to an end.

Skwirl posted:

What did Nick Spencer do to Squirrel Girl? Am I going to have to start a riot?

Nothing, but Kraven went back to his old ways and finally died again. To be fair, they acknowledge - albeit subtly - his time over in USG as part of his character development as an attempt to overcome his own nature.

Spencer's run on Spidey has actually been really good.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I haven't read a punisher book in a long time but now he's respected by the superhero community?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
He helped save the ten realms and led many of the charges.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
From nazi to general of the armed forces. Are the heroes calling themselves NATO now?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the rest of the mu hates him until it is time for some big event where it is okay to kill sentient beings. as soon as that is over they all go back to tut-tutting whenever he kills human mobsters and not aliens.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the rest of the mu hates him until it is time for some big event where it is okay to kill sentient beings. as soon as that is over they all go back to tut-tutting whenever he kills human mobsters and not aliens.

*Cap, drinking beers with logan, natasha, and bucky* "frank you're an awful person for murdering people, i hate you"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Zdarsky used the Punisher really well in his current Daredevil run which is, by the way, great. Spider-Man: Life Story is also fantastic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheMattDWilson/status/1145724114348494854

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hm after reading the latest avengers, angry She-Hulk sounds about right.

Wasnt she grey for a little bit though? What's the deal with that going to her current state?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1146080222623797248

Covok
May 27, 2013

No, please stay dead. No one wants you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

This is what, the fifth time? It's got loving legs as something that started as a one-off fake-out crossover between the Ultimate universe (RIP) and the 616.