Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crane Fist posted:

No, dig UP, stupid!

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
https://twitter.com/MrGeorgeWallace/status/1144301876109725696?s=19

George Wallace is low key one of the best follows on Twitter

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
https://twitter.com/TriciaLockwood/status/1108102037072433153

Miette:
https://twitter.com/TriciaLockwood/status/1108108985893339137

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Field Mousepad posted:

They were one of the most popular bands in the world for several years, yeah they probably weren't popular in Mongolia or whatever but saying poo poo like this is fuckin stupid.

Oasis have one single song that has any lasting cultural impact or which modern listeners might even recognise (primarily remembered ironically, as being bad), and that was released nearly a quarter of a century ago.
Literally the majority of people who buy music were not alive when they were famous.
The guy's yelling at the cloud, but he has no money because he's a has-been.

TheMaskedUgly has a new favorite as of 12:45 on Jun 30, 2019

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
https://twitter.com/cloudyyxp_/status/1144671501397966848?s=21

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
yeah you need to be a christian homophobe if you want tintower's unconditional support

e: just dont be black or she might have some words for you

Gum has a new favorite as of 14:17 on Jun 30, 2019

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

No healthy level of alcohol consumption, says major study

The Guardian posted:

Men in Romania ... drink the most, 8.2 drinks a day

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/MKupperman/status/1144683720466739201

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Oasis have one single song that has any lasting cultural impact or which modern listeners might even recognise (primarily remembered ironically, as being bad), and that was released nearly a quarter of a century ago.
Literally the majority of people who buy music were not alive when they were famous.
The guy's yelling at the cloud, but he has no money because he's a has-been.

No one under 25 pays for music.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Skwirl posted:

No one under 25 pays for music.

I've found most of the under 25's I know are so technologically illiterate as to be literally incapable of piracy more complicated than 'watch it on youtube'

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

TheMaskedUgly posted:

I've found most of the under 25's I know are so technologically illiterate as to be literally incapable of piracy more complicated than 'watch it on youtube'

Who the gently caress needs to download music anymore, everything I own is connected to the internet 24/7. Also everything's on spotify anyway

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Literally all music is on YouTube anyway, so your expertise at using limewire is now useless, grandpa.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1145171916057010178

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Who What Now posted:

Literally all music is on YouTube anyway, so your expertise at using limewire is now useless, grandpa.

Not the Beatles! The company that owns their copyright is extremely aggressive about it and loves taking down songs that anyone other than them put up. You can find the whole discography on Spotify (you need to pay for premium to play any song instead of just a shuffle on an artist), but there's lots of famous songs regularly going missing or being replaced by cover versions on YouTube.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

TheMaskedUgly posted:

I'm 37 and I've noticed a trend like this too. When we get an under 25 person at work its a coin flip between "intuitive technology competence" and "worlds youngest boomer". I think the younger folks may be less likely to be knowledgable about computers because what they use actually works out of the box. They dont need to be a low level computer janitor just to get basic functionality like the 90s kids.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

Not the Beatles! The company that owns their copyright is extremely aggressive about it and loves taking down songs that anyone other than them put up. You can find the whole discography on Spotify (you need to pay for premium to play any song instead of just a shuffle on an artist), but there's lots of famous songs regularly going missing or being replaced by cover versions on YouTube.

Same with a lot of King Crimson. Except for the few they have on their Youtube channel, or a variety of live shows they don't seem to claim as quickly.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Same with a lot of King Crimson. Except for the few they have on their Youtube channel, or a variety of live shows they don't seem to claim as quickly.

King Crimson is barely even on Spotify.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

chitoryu12 posted:

Nor Tidal. You basically buy the vinyl, digital or CDs if you want to listen to then legally.

Prince is also a pain in the rear end to find songs of. It's generally with older music, but things like soundtracks can also be obtuse to get a hand on.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
it sucks for all of those teenagers out there, vainly trying to listen to king crimson and the beatles

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

it sucks for all of those teenagers out there, vainly trying to listen to king crimson and the beatles

Modern artists do it too. It depends purely on their attitude or the record company's attitude. Not uncommon to find singles on streaming services and the rest you have to buy.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Piell posted:

Who the gently caress needs to download music anymore, everything I own is connected to the internet 24/7. Also everything's on spotify anyway

A friend showed me spotify in like 2009 and it had maybe one out of 3 songs I requested and cost money so I went back to pirating.

I had this thing called "radio youtube" on my phone once that let me listen to youtube. I would make a playlist of podcasts at home then listen to them at work. Except the app also played ads. At first a 10 or 30 second ad was fine but eventual ads became 10 minutes long so I had to keep pulling up my phone to skip them. Now I just use a youtube downloader to download the whole playlist, convert it to mp3s and then put them in a folder on the phone.

Every time I try doing the right thing. Big tech is there to smash my fingers with a hammer.

Katt has a new favorite as of 21:54 on Jun 30, 2019

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Katt posted:

A friend showed me spotify in like 2009 and it had maybe one out of 3 songs I requested and cost money so I went back to pirating.

Try it again. I use Amazon Music unlimited only because my echos but man I get like any song I want. Going legit has perks.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

You found the only good tweet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

chitoryu12 posted:

They literally just put their stuff up on Spotify... the 11th, it was longer ago than I thought, so like under three weeks ago.

just in case anyone else wants to listen to some KC :shobon:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1145409226828894209?s=19

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/blainecapatch/status/1145107040697606144

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

chitoryu12 posted:

Is Tool still literally on zero streaming platforms?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Memento posted:

Is Tool still literally on zero streaming platforms?

As they should be.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

chitoryu12 posted:

You should check again because they have all their albums up now

https://www.youtube.com/user/thebeatles/playlists

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Literally laughed

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

jojoinnit posted:

This makes no sense. It's clearly a subjective idea of how many animals die based on how much of their meat it calls for, as a portion of the amount of average meat per animal composition. If it's two chicken breasts that's two deaths since chickens don't have two breasts.

I know this is an old post and likely a troll, I just wanted to point out this person posted that chickens only have one breast. Like some sort of big bird mono titty. 2 legs. 2 wings. 1 breast. Can't lose.

edit: https://twitter.com/dangervilms/status/1145505399854043136

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If a song isn't on spotify or YouTube it doesn't exist

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm glad the Beatles isn't on YouTube as I have zero incentive to ever listen to them. gently caress their dull-rear end boyband nonsense, they're the Justin Biebers of their era.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

I'm glad the Beatles isn't on YouTube as I have zero incentive to ever listen to them. gently caress their dull-rear end boyband nonsense, they're the Justin Biebers of their era.

I don't understand why this thread is generating weird rear end takes like this

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Man, don't even think about making the Beatles available to me. It would make me so loving mad if I had the opportunity to listen to them. You don't even loving know bro. If I had the chance to listen to dear prudence I'd lose my poo poo

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Zelder posted:

Man, don't even think about making the Beatles available to me. It would make me so loving mad if I had the opportunity to listen to them. You don't even loving know bro. If I had the chance to listen to dear prudence I'd lose my poo poo

I'm just saying that if companies want to restrict access to art then gently caress them, there's millions of other songs by other, better artists. The discography of the Beatles has already made billions, and yet they're grubbing for more.

So I repeat: gently caress 'em. Let their music fade into obscurity as boomers die off in droves.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Screaming Idiot posted:

I'm just saying that if companies want to restrict access to art then gently caress them, there's millions of other songs by other, better artists. The discography of the Beatles has already made billions, and yet they're grubbing for more.

So I repeat: gently caress 'em. Let their music fade into obscurity as boomers die off in droves.

Oh my god

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Screaming Idiot posted:

This is a username/avatar/post triple combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

hosed up that someone is holding a gun to your head and making you post all this dumb drivel