Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Dumb Lowtax posted:

It's a closed group, post some screengrabs please!

https://imgur.com/a/imZiydA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Furthermore, https://www.boredpanda.com/millennials-baby-boomers-facebook-group-posts/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

This thing is blowing up

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Im not sure if I understand correctly, you are a troll and you are successfully trolling on FB which makes you happy = ergo this goes in the happy news thread?

I don't think I agree, but, people are different. You do you.

ThisIsJohnWayne has issued a correction as of 09:26 on Jun 30, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Im not sure if I understand correctly, you are a troll and you are successfully trolling on FB which makes you happy = ergo this goes in the happy news thread?

what? it’s a group of Millenials and Gen Z kids making memes where they pretend to be Boomers who don’t know how memes or Facebook work. it’s a closed group so there isn’t any trolling going on.

unless this is a deep cut and you’re pretending to be a Boomer goon who doesn’t get it.

edit for happy:
https://twitter.com/foreverdrey/status/1144637104565080064?s=21

Bust Rodd has issued a correction as of 14:10 on Jun 30, 2019

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Hello ThisIsJohnWayne, this thread is for anything that might brighten a CSPAM user's day, whether it be worldwide news, cases of political schadenfreude, or news of some much smaller scale (even personal)! Please go find one happy news story OR one happy personal story to balance out that callout!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
here's my happiness today, painted my nails and it took 3 hours and isnt very good but it was neat

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
For two weeks in May, 0% of the UK's power came from coal for the first time since 1882.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Holy poo poo this is good stuff.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

got any sevens posted:

here's my happiness today, painted my nails and it took 3 hours and isnt very good but it was neat

Love the socks.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Making amends:

Two (?) days ago I learnt that Vince Gilligan has written a Breaking Bad movie, and filming started in February starring Aaron Paul and Gilligan as director. Releasing on NetFlix.
Here's the wiki: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenbrier_(film)

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Hell yeah, didn't know that

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
You could probably get a decent season of TV that's all Jesse Pinkman being completely traumatized and talking to his therapist

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Hey thread, small personal happy today. I went to the gym today and I'm fat, out of shape and definitely need to get my form back but after years of fugue state and depression it felt like such a victory to be among a large-ish group of people without having a panic attack.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Good job! Bring that insane mind in to heel!

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

An insane mind posted:

Hey thread, small personal happy today. I went to the gym today and I'm fat, out of shape and definitely need to get my form back but after years of fugue state and depression it felt like such a victory to be among a large-ish group of people without having a panic attack.

Hell yeah dude

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

An insane mind posted:

I'm a Fatty McFats-a-lot, but have been losing weight and the best feeling is ditching those extra X's on your sizes.

Saturday I fit into a Medium. It's a Medium-Tall from a retailer whose sizes run big. It's also kind of tight. But it's a Medium and I'm taking that lap.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

An insane mind posted:

gently caress yeah. get it! keep going but remember to not overdo it and rest! youre gonna do great

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

An insane mind posted:

Good job, goon!

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Krispy Wafer posted:

I'm a Fatty McFats-a-lot, but have been losing weight and the best feeling is ditching those extra X's on your sizes.

Saturday I fit into a Medium. It's a Medium-Tall from a retailer whose sizes run big. It's also kind of tight. But it's a Medium and I'm taking that lap.

That's amazing fellow goon. A medium is a medium and getting there is just great.

It was Dwarf74's story and PM peptalk that finally gave me the kick in the rear I needed. Sure meds gently caress with my metabolism and It'll probably be slow going as a result, but I just don't want to be fat anymore.

Thanks a lot for the encouragement goons, happy thread is good. (Also maybe one day I'll be able to change my name to Sane Mind :o )

E- Or at least Lean Insane Mind.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

An insane mind posted:

gently caress YES! GET IT!

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode
https://mobile.twitter.com/aly_mixed_up/status/1145464660004614144?s=21

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

An insane mind posted:

It was Dwarf74's story and PM peptalk that finally gave me the kick in the rear I needed. Sure meds gently caress with my metabolism and It'll probably be slow going as a result, but I just don't want to be fat anymore.
After I wrote it, I was worried I didn't say anything useful, but thanks - you just made my day. I'm glad I could help. :)

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

An insane mind posted:

I'm joining you in this challenge! This week, I'm meeting with a personal trainer for the first time in forever, and I'm kind of terrified. I'm SO OUT OF SHAPE and I have no idea how I'm going to perform on Wednesday. Gonna give it my best, though!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Just follow their advice and pay attention to your body. There's a difference between muscle strain pain and structural strain pain, pipe up if you detect the latter. I'd bet money that you need to stretch a ton cause us slothly first worlders have super tight connective tissue from sitting on our asses all day.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Raptor1033 posted:

Just follow their advice and pay attention to your body. There's a difference between muscle strain pain and structural strain pain, pipe up if you detect the latter. I'd bet money that you need to stretch a ton cause us slothly first worlders have super tight connective tissue from sitting on our asses all day.

Yup that's my biggest problem at the moment. Before I could even start I had to spend a lot of time stretching. I do know what I missed most about the gym though, doing squats and weight lifting.

my cat is norris posted:

I'm joining you in this challenge! This week, I'm meeting with a personal trainer for the first time in forever, and I'm kind of terrified. I'm SO OUT OF SHAPE and I have no idea how I'm going to perform on Wednesday. Gonna give it my best, though!

Yes! Just don't overdo it, I'm not saying you would, but it's easy to get pumped and excited about finally taking that step and overshooting. I'm going Wednesday again myself and I'll be thinking about a fellow goon taking the plunge too!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

An insane mind posted:

Yes! Just don't overdo it, I'm not saying you would, but it's easy to get pumped and excited about finally taking that step and overshooting.

This was always my biggest problem, for years I would go back to the gym for a week or two and inevitably overshoot, get way too sore and have to take several days off to recover, which is super discouraging and any interest I had in returning would quickly fizzle out.

Be excited! Get pumped!! But, if anything, I suggest undershooting your limit for the first week or two to try and get a feel for where your boundaries are. You can always push harder next time if you're not terribly sore the next day, but it's much more difficult to dial it back after going too far in my experience.

Also drink a protein shake as soon as humanly possible after working out for the best benefit which will also aid in recovery. Pre-workouts are good for this too, but check the caffeine content before you go crazy as they can differ wildly in their concentration - from the same brand, I have one that's 50mg caffeine per scoop, and another that's 195mg per scoop, which I have never even used because I think my heart would explode

Pick things up! Put things down! Repeat!

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Holy poo poo 195mg a scoop? What...do they think you're like 7'4 or something?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
It's a high performance one which I assume is meant for someone about to go run a marathon or something

195mg of caffeine isn't completely absurd spread out - it's only about the content of 2 cups of coffee - but all of that all at once is a bit loving much

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Oh also, this might be stupid but how do I add like...quotes under my avatar?

Pick things up! Put things down! Repeat! is just too perfect.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

An insane mind posted:

Hey, congratulations! The first day through the doors is always the hardest.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Hell yeah, didn't know that

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

An insane mind posted:

Oh also, this might be stupid but how do I add like...quotes under my avatar?

Pick things up! Put things down! Repeat! is just too perfect.
I think that comes with an avatar change, right?

Gang tags like buglord over there come with donations. There's a whole cool chart.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

When you buy a new avatar, you can insert some text. There's a field for it in the purchase page.

If you're talking about GANG TAGS, it gets a...little more complicated? Your gang tag image has to be hosted on SA somewhere, and then you can take the source of that image and paste it into the title text of your new avatar purchase (along with the requisite bbtags).

If you donate, you get a separate tag that's added to your avatar automatically based on the amount you've donated. I don't know where that chart lives. I am a Toilet Rascal for donating some dollars.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Thanks guys ^_^

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Lil Nas X apparently came out by posting "im gay" on twitter

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Well, that's straight forward.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

my cat is norris posted:

When you buy a new avatar, you can insert some text. There's a field for it in the purchase page.

If you're talking about GANG TAGS, it gets a...little more complicated? Your gang tag image has to be hosted on SA somewhere, and then you can take the source of that image and paste it into the title text of your new avatar purchase (along with the requisite bbtags).

If you donate, you get a separate tag that's added to your avatar automatically based on the amount you've donated. I don't know where that chart lives. I am a Toilet Rascal for donating some dollars.

FYI, images in the title text will only work if they're on SA's server.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Good for him.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

SA is a lot gayer than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Mystic Mongol posted:

Well, that's straight forward.

https://twitter.com/lilnasx/status/1145786791330553856