Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Would setting the stack on fire with the power of your mind count as proper filling it in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

While the idea is to write on them, Solomon David will also accept a perfect karate chop slicing every page in two without damaging the counter below.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I feel like White Chain is probably also really good at paperwork.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Aside from Princess, it's a pretty Lawful party.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Bongo Bill posted:

Aside from Princess, it's a pretty Lawful party.

Mmm, nah. Allison is clearly the classic PC who intends their character to be CG but ends up really acting more CN.

Edit: Since I'm weird and like these kind of mind exercises, let's apply this to the whole party:

ALLISON
Thinks she is: CG
Is really: CN

WHITE CHAIN
Thinks she is: LG
Is really: LN

CIO
Thinks she is: CN
Is really: NG

PRINCESS
Thinks she is: NE
Is really: CN

NYAVE
Thinks she is: NG
And she's actually right.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 26, 2019

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Matthew Lesko was a minor demiurge

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Does Allison think she's really Chaotic Good? She tried to arrest gang lords. Plus, I think she's probably more CG than CN, her intentions are in the right place even if the results bite her in the rear end.

I'd say she thinks she's LG, is actually CG. Agree with the rest, tho.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

habeasdorkus posted:

Does Allison think she's really Chaotic Good? She tried to arrest gang lords. Plus, I think she's probably more CG than CN, her intentions are in the right place even if the results bite her in the rear end.

I'd say she thinks she's LG, is actually CG. Agree with the rest, tho.

She went and did it without the approval of her master, and just barged in and started beating the poo poo out of people. In D&D terms that's classic Chaotic right there. She'd obviously rather get results than worry about the laws.

I say CN because whether or not her heart is in the right place, there is a dangerous part of her that wants pure power, as we saw in the vault. And she's still treading that line by training with Incubus. She is VERY much a wildcard element in the setting.

That said, I think D&D alignments are a rather limiting tool and most people, fictional or not, are too complex to really stuff into those bizarre little boxes TSR came up with. But it's a fun thought exercise nonetheless.

An interesting note is that in the RPG, the character class she'd belong to. The Fated, has a number of powers based on potentially harming herself and her allies, basically weaponizing her unpredictable, unstable nature.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 26, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

She went and did it without the approval of her master, and just barged in and started beating the poo poo out of people. In D&D terms that's classic Chaotic right there. She'd obviously rather get results than worry about the laws.

I say CN because whether or not her heart is in the right place, there is a dangerous part of her that wants pure power, as we saw in the vault. And she's still treading that line by training with Incubus. She is VERY much a wildcard element in the setting.

That said, I think D&D alignments are a rather limiting tool and most people, fictional or not, are too complex to really stuff into those bizarre little boxes TSR came up with. But it's a fun thought exercise nonetheless.

Oh, I agree that she's absolutely chaotic. And I'd second pretty much all of what you just said. I think we only disagree on the manner in which she's fooling herself.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Well either way, I really doubt she'd ever think of herself as "Lawful" (I don't think anyone would, other than maybe White Chain or Solomon David). And my thinking was less "what does this character think they are" and more "what would a PC playing this character in an RPG think they're depicting".

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 44 minutes!
...woof, the Celestial Empire is my kinda place!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
well i mean, it'd be unethical to run a blood sport without vetting the participants' background and mental health, checking their references, and making sure their financial affairs / next of kin arrangements / death and injury liability waivers are in order

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

Rotten Red Rod posted:

WHITE CHAIN
Desperately trying to be: LN
Is really: LG

imo

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

GreyjoyBastard posted:

well i mean, it'd be unethical to run a blood sport without vetting the participants' background and mental health, checking their references, and making sure their financial affairs / next of kin arrangements / death and injury liability waivers are in order
Do you want to kill god? Y / N

Like, for real. Do you want to kill god? Y / N (if Yes, go to form 42b)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^
|
DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I think it's the opposite. Her intentions are only to uphold the law and punish criminals, but she's been pulled into this whole apocalyptic thing with Metatron. She loving hates it but feels she has no choice.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I think it's the opposite. Her intentions are only to uphold the law and punish criminals, but she's been pulled into this whole apocalyptic thing with Metatron. She loving hates it but feels she has no choice.

White Chain also wants the law to be a positive force and punish evil, and is having a minor and literal breakdown constantly over the failure of law to preserve good. White Chain is trying really hard to be an emotionless law machine and is failing upwards into being a person.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

Very well, Al-Yis-Un, we shall battle. But before you challenge me, Solomon David, Lord of a Seventh of Creation, I have one question for you...

are all your permits and licenses current? Well we need to get that squared away first, don't we. I think just this once we can waive the fees. They cost an arm and a leg! Ha ha. Seriously we cut your arms and legs off for violations. Aaah, we like to have fun here. Anyway, take a left out the throne room, down the hall, last door on the right will be Accreditation, where they'll get you situated with all the relevant paperwork. You do have two forms of ID, right? Ooof, well that's going to complicate things...

called it

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

paranoid randroid posted:

Very well, Al-Yis-Un, we shall battle. But before you challenge me, Solomon David, Lord of a Seventh of Creation, I have one question for you...

are all your permits and licenses current? Well we need to get that squared away first, don't we. I think just this once we can waive the fees. They cost an arm and a leg! Ha ha. Seriously we cut your arms and legs off for violations. Aaah, we like to have fun here. Anyway, take a left out the throne room, down the hall, last door on the right will be Accreditation, where they'll get you situated with all the relevant paperwork. You do have two forms of ID, right? Ooof, well that's going to complicate things...

yeah you would be absolutely 100% justified in posting the Jagganoth image macro :v:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Darth Walrus posted:

I feel like White Chain is probably also really good at paperwork.

White Chain is a really proactive administrative law judge

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

yeah you would be absolutely 100% justified in posting the Jagganoth image macro :v:

not familiar with it, enlighten me

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

e: nvm, can't get the image to post. But it's Jaggs from this comic saying "I CALLED IT."

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 27, 2019

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I loving love it every time Achewood is crossed with other comics.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oscar may be a bad man, but you, you are very good

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I like how jaggs doesn't give a gently caress and goes for a full backplane instead of just a light crown

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
It works better with his vertical helmet.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

habeasdorkus posted:

e: nvm, can't get the image to post. But it's Jaggs from this comic saying "I CALLED IT."

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

I love that the colosseum either generates or attracts its own fog bank for people to make dramatic entrances through.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Complications posted:

I love that the colosseum either generates or attracts its own fog bank for people to make dramatic entrances through.

It looks like the red city standing on throne, except every god is Solomon.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Spaseman posted:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I loving love it every time Achewood is crossed with other comics.

check out page 544 of this thread

e: figured out a use for my absolute favorite achewood strip

Tulip fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 1, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Operant is now a married comics goblin! Yaaaaay! Three cheers for Mr. and Ms. Operant!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Complications posted:

That's the Fog Door. All fights in the colosseum are boss fights.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

habeasdorkus posted:

Operant is now a married comics goblin! Yaaaaay! Three cheers for Mr. and Ms. Operant!
May they reach Concordance.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Reach heaven through wedding vows.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I really hope someone sent him a big box of teacups.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Ashcans posted:

I really hope someone sent him a big box of teacups.

This Crate Kills Angels.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I emailed him early last week and wished that he'd have a good life, grow happy, old, and fat, and have many healthy children. I mostly did this because he got married on the same day as my 5 year anniversary, which was a fun coincidence.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

YISUN is a personification of the Void in a Zen sense, don't @ me

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Hang on, I found a cool new person in the last big page with all the kicky-fighters hanging out, I'm the random deer guy going about his business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
read ten earth shattering blows while this is on hiatus

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jul 8, 2019