Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ActusRhesus posted:

But let’s get to the important part. Which NPC are you banging?

Sera and I are currently exploring our Elf/Giant Grey Horned Woman sexuality together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

ActusRhesus posted:

Chick playing the witch is a pro singer who has performed solo at Carnegie Hall. Kinda feel like a scrub in comparison. But for reasons the director has inserted part of der holle racht into the script. I’m still not sure what those reasons are... but I get to do fun high notes so idgaf.

Local regional theater is doing A Gentleman's Guide in the Fall and I've been toying with the idea of getting back involved with theater for a while. Last time I sang was in a chorus in college, but I'm the right age and, most importantly at this theater, male, so I might actually be competitive.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Nice piece of fish posted:

What did the tomato sauce say to the spaghetti?

"I'll see you in court!" (note: this joke actually works a lot better in norwegian because that same sentence can also mean "I'll meet you in the [food dish]". Hey I didn't say it'd be funny to you.

Why do I feel like you're some sort of Scandahoovian version of a Borat gimmick most of the time

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Pook Good Mook posted:

Local regional theater is doing A Gentleman's Guide in the Fall and I've been toying with the idea of getting back involved with theater for a while. Last time I sang was in a chorus in college, but I'm the right age and, most importantly at this theater, male, so I might actually be competitive.

Do it. I highly encourage lawyers to have hobbies. My G and S group has like 6 lawyers.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I have gaming cancer I think. I keep meaning to play my good backlog of games but just end up playing Battle Brothers or converting the three kingdoms to proto communism in Total War 3k.

Also having started a new role I am discovering imposter syndrome never goes away

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

terrorist ambulance posted:

I have gaming cancer I think.

More like posting cancer

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
you can't just loving abbreviate "my G and S group" like it's so common for people to be into musicals that it's common parlance

More like posting cancer

lol

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Soothing Vapors posted:

Why do I feel like you're some sort of Scandahoovian version of a Borat gimmick most of the time

Because I very obviously am? How is this a question, amerikanerfaen?

Soothing Vapors posted:

you can't just loving abbreviate "my G and S group" like it's so common for people to be into musicals that it's common parlance

I just fill in the blanks myself, more funny that way. My guess is "my Gastronomy and Swingers group".

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol

And yet.... you knew what I meant.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I have gaming cancer I think. I keep meaning to play my good backlog of games but just end up playing Battle Brothers or converting the three kingdoms to proto communism in Total War 3k.

Also having started a new role I am discovering imposter syndrome never goes away

i find that the best solution to impostor syndrome is underlings: i may never feel like i belong at my current level but god almighty some of the stuff the juniors do makes me very sure that, at least, that they should be reporting to me and not the other way around is correct

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I now think I am actually really good at my job. Like, best 1st-2nd year patent litigation partner in the country (e: at least in the computer-ey pursuits). Prove me wrong.

Whereas I spent most of my career constantly worried about being laid off.

gvibes fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 1, 2019

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

evilweasel posted:

i find that the best solution to impostor syndrome is underlings: i may never feel like i belong at my current level but god almighty some of the stuff the juniors do makes me very sure that, at least, that they should be reporting to me and not the other way around is correct

phil made a good post awhile ago about the 7 things junior associates are good for that mostly revolved around making binders wrong and then remaking them. in hindsight he was too generous

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

phil made a good post awhile ago

I doubt it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I have gaming cancer I think. I keep meaning to play my good backlog of games but just end up playing Battle Brothers

You have a clean bill of gaming health, brother. Assuming, of course, you're playing on Ironman.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

No. Gaming cancer is when you use graph paper to preplan your circa 2000 copy of zoo tycoon 2. And use multiple ink colors. And a stat matrix. Bc optimized.

I have a problem.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ActusRhesus posted:

No. Gaming cancer is when you use graph paper to preplan your circa 2000 copy of zoo tycoon 2. And use multiple ink colors. And a stat matrix. Bc optimized.

I have a problem.

gaming cancer is when you open up microsoft excel

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

evilweasel posted:

gaming cancer is when you open up microsoft excel

You must have played eve.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Gaming cancer is when you play video games and they give you testicular cancer because you sat on your balls.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Nice piece of fish posted:

Because I very obviously am? How is this a question, amerikanerfaen?
more like kanadiskefaen, you svenskfaen

sullat posted:

I doubt it

lol

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

sullat posted:

I doubt it

rude

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Mittani was one of my old DnD 3.5 DMs. Pretty sure we drove him to douchelord professional troll.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

ActusRhesus posted:

Mittani was one of my old DnD 3.5 DMs. Pretty sure we drove him to douchelord professional troll.

Now that is a pro namedrop.

Soothing Vapors posted:

more like kanadiskefaen, you svenskfaen

I had no idea. Happy today day, you lesser winter olympic achiever.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

ActusRhesus posted:

I have a problem.

I did this with simcity 2000.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I did a quick search and I have made spreadsheets for the following games:

- No Man's Sky
- Pokemon
- Overwatch
- Skyrim

Not as many as I would have thought. And literally (not figuratively) dozens of various spreadsheets for Fantasy Baseball, and Fantasy Football over the years.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Have you started playing fantasy fantasy football/soccer/baseball? The FM games, baseball manager, hockey manager, etc?

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

ActusRhesus posted:

Now it all comes together.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

i plead the fifth

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

evilweasel posted:

i plead the fifth

I drink a fifth

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Arcturas posted:

Have you started playing fantasy fantasy football/soccer/baseball? The FM games, baseball manager, hockey manager, etc?

OOTP is dope. I was in leagues dating back to OOTP5 until a few years ago.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Since everyone else is making admissions when I was playing Rome Total Realism I made a hugely detailed family tree using Freemind (mind mapping software) for my roman faction, complete with roman tria nomina and cognomina ex virtute based on campaigns and other in-game and ridiculous RP crap I came up with. That game was cool. So much time wasted.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Jesus you people are nerds. Worst I ever did was high level weekly raiding on ffxiv.

I did play console games most of my youth. Then at 20 my gamecube, gameboy that would like to it, ps2, and probably a hundred games got stolen from my house. Never really got back into gaming again outside of periodic computer games.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

ActusRhesus posted:

I have a problem.

I made a cool graph paper map of the serpent's grotto in Legend of Kyrandia, because I'm not a complete barbarian.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Eminent Domain posted:

Now it all comes together.

I remember the sad look of defeat on his face the session we took down his dragon with a tanglethorn bag, a rope, and a slew of your momma jokes. Was his own fault thinking DMing a party of 2 lawyers, a white hat hacker, and a defense intel analyst was a good idea.

I think that was the day we broke him. The day [redacted] died, and The Mittani, evil space douchelord, was born. Never again to be mocked or trifled with. Feared by all.

But to greater points, that Rome game sounds loving sweet. I played a lot of Ceasar III. Yours sounds better.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Jesus is this an incel support group? Being an attorney is supposed to be glamorous and you guys are peeling the curtain back a little too far.

The prosecutors out here look up WoW auction poo poo and other shut-in hobbies in court here. At least my co-workers and I have the decency to discuss drunken mishaps and inadvisable investment ideas in public.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 2, 2019

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

A human being should be able to write a brief, lift a weight, make a taco, argue a motion, appreciate a whiskey, sing an opera, fly a spaceship, and plan a city without cutting transit funding. Specialization is for insects.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

zzyzx posted:

A human being should be able to write a brief, lift a weight, make a taco, argue a motion, appreciate a whiskey, sing an opera, fly a spaceship, and plan a city without cutting transit funding. Specialization is for insects.

Psilons are for ultra noobs so shut your cheating rear end down

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Actually conducted a void dire focused on finer points of horde vs alliance.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Being an attorney is supposed to be glamorous and you guys are peeling the curtain back a little too far.

since when

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

evilweasel posted:

since when

Uhh you ever heard of Ally McBeal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted: