Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

A bank map is such a good idea for Hitman, can't believe it never occurred to me before.

I hope it's happening during a robbery being carried out by an unrelated 3rd party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

In Training posted:

I hope it's happening during a robbery being carried out by an unrelated 3rd party

Your target is the bank manager, you can get Silent Assassin by shooting him in front of everyone so long as you're disguised as one of the robbers.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Your target is the bank manager, you can get Silent Assassin by shooting him in front of everyone so long as you're disguised as one of the robbers.
Lol

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

In Training posted:

I believe the leak that first mentioned a bank-themed mission mentioned an opportunity relating to a robbery

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Oh yeah! And the other target should be the robber leader; so when you execute the manager, it triggers the police assault, which leads to the robber leader dying. :D (a la the movie director being killed by that third party sniper, in Mumbai)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it's cool that every stealth franchise inevitably gets a bank heist level and it invariably becomes the best level in the series

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's cool that every stealth franchise inevitably gets a bank heist level and it invariably becomes the best level in the series

I'd be curious to know which bank level everyone thinks is best, now that you mention it. I think the Panama bank mission from SC:CT would have to be my most-played one, but I know there are a bunch of other good ones out there, as you said.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The bank job in Dishonored: Death of the Outsider is insanely good

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The bank job in Dishonored: Death of the Outsider is insanely good

this and Thief 2 come to mind immediately as well as splinter cell. apparently it's the best part of the last deus ex too

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Apr 12, 2019

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

also the new missions in Mumbai and Columbia are out on that day

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ive been playing this a bunch again lately :)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I need to finish my normie playthrough. The super dense levels were making me claustrophobic.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'm so glad we're getting another Mumbai mission too. It's up there with Sapienza for me. Hope we get an elusive target there soon

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yeah Mumbai is really incredible, I think it's my favourite new level. They're all so good though... the neighbourhood one is a bit disappointing but it was never going to be the A New Life followup I dreamed about for like 12 years

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah Mumbai is really incredible, I think it's my favourite new level. They're all so good though... the neighbourhood one is a bit disappointing but it was never going to be the A New Life followup I dreamed about for like 12 years

Yeah, they're all great levels I think, too. Although Whittleton Creek (had to think about that for a minute) isn't A New Life, it's still quite good - I play it now and again when I feel like playing a mission/gimmick run on a relatively small map, compared to the likes of Mumbai, Colombia, etc.

Also, I'm glad the bank level is coming soon. I was hoping it would come a bit earlier in June, but oh well. It should be worth the wait regardless, so I'm OK with that. More time to play the ghost mode with a friend of mine!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

hoping the two remix missions are significantly different from the regular maps

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

this is one of the best games ever the way it can be a sniper game, a shooter, a stealth action game, or a puzzle game depending on how you feel like playing

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

hoping the two remix missions are significantly different from the regular maps

Yeah, I hope they give them big reworks that make you look at the levels in new/different ways, like they did with Sapienza. If they manage to pull that off -and if the bank+resort maps are good- then it's gonna be great!
(I mean, I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth out of it already, but I'm never gonna pass on more Hitman levels! :D )

HORMELCHILI posted:

this is one of the best games ever the way it can be a sniper game, a shooter, a stealth action game, or a puzzle game depending on how you feel like playing

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I think it's interesting how fondly we remember A New Life, when it was a small level even by Blood Money's standards. In terms of size and complexity it's about the same as the New Zealand tutorial mission - Whittleton Creek is much larger.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

It's cool how they rendered the stink lines in the Mumbai slum and you can tell corruption is rampant from a general disregard of Civilization as you walk by turds floating in the Ganges.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

spb posted:

It's cool how they rendered the stink lines in the Mumbai slum and you can tell corruption is rampant from a general disregard of Civilization as you walk by turds floating in the Ganges.

So you decided to go for a swim, eh?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

spb posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
This is gonna be so good

https://youtu.be/yBowVwHP0FE

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Muh hitmans.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

New map? hells yes

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

hoipe

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Mumbai and Colombia are getting new missions tomorrow too

:hellyeah:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Mumbai and Colombia are getting new missions tomorrow too

:hellyeah:

Yeah, it's gonna be one hell of a day! I loved the Sapienza reworks, so I hope these two will be just as good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

heres the update notes https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-june-update/

besides the stuff mentioned in there i had their stream on today and they also said
- next sniper map, the prison, will be july 30th
- they have a pack of legacy escalations ready to republish
- theyre gonna be opening the beach house level up for contracts soon

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The bank mission is so good, holy poo poo

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The special assignments are more like elusive targets than the reworked maps from season 1, which is a bummer. I like the bank a lot and apparently a bunch more challenges are getting added to it.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The bank mission is so good, holy poo poo

Yeah, you're not wrong! I mean, it isn't exactly a huge sprawling map like Miami/Mumbai, but I like good smaller maps just as much, and it's such a good level to play and mess around on

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I still haven't figured out what the deal is with the bank robbers psyching themselves up in the bathroom or if there's a trigger for that.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

My bank run i came up with myself was the 209th score on the global leaderboard but i bet its like 1000th or something now

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

steam has been validating the update for several days. Pc gaming ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Halloween themed escalation in hawkes bay right now, they redecorated the whole map