Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I've still got a 6* selector from the store when it repopulated for $2, hoping that will grab me one of the elementals this release so I can get rid of the constant indicator that I have something in my inbox. I burned my T2 selector right away though, I knew I'd probably forget and miss out on it if I didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I used mine on Juggernaut after using the last Event Shop to grab 4* and 6* rankups for him. Then I was initially planning on using the rest of the X-Gene buy to get Magik to T2, but she's also pretty good at 6*, so I decided instead to unlock Jubilee and Stupid Gambit just to have them unlocked, and then try to level up Weapon Hex as much as I can before I run out.

Leaving the only characters I haven't unlocked as Rescue and Adam Warlock. Debating saving up just to get over that Warlock hump, but I am going to get any and all Mysterio related awesomeness, so I'm waiting to see what I need for that.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I’m so hype for new mysterio and it looks like the bubble helmet is still in

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
So, should I have been upgrading skills instead of uniforms, seeing as how Fandral on level 10 is still beating Sharon and Steve's level 60 fancy uniformed butts?

Is upgrading uniforms a terrible idea in general, and is upgrading a basic uniform an even worse idea? If I get a new uniform, will bonuses from old uniforms transfer over, or will I have to farm biometrics all over again in case I want Fat Thor?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Jai Guru Dave posted:

So, should I have been upgrading skills instead of uniforms, seeing as how Fandral on level 10 is still beating Sharon and Steve's level 60 fancy uniformed butts?

Is upgrading uniforms a terrible idea in general, and is upgrading a basic uniform an even worse idea? If I get a new uniform, will bonuses from old uniforms transfer over, or will I have to farm biometrics all over again in case I want Fat Thor?

Upgrading equipment is important, everyone to 15 at least or whatever cap you can get to for their level. Then to 20 as you get the bios, and then bump them to T2 when you can.

Upgrading skills isn't really that important as most skills will only upgrade a tiny amount. Look for stuff with percentages that might increase as you raise the skill, and not the common ones that say something like + 200 physical damage upgrades to +240 physical damage as 40 is barely anything. If you have a ton of gold or need an edge for a close fight you can invest in this, but overall its a waste of money like 9 out of 10 times. It's hard to tell because someone might have a skill where upgrading to max gets you a few seconds more of invincibility or 5% more damage, but there are a lot where spending almost a million gold to upgrade them does literally nothing, the text doesn't even change.

Upgrading uniforms is also more of a luxury but it does do more than upgrading skills. It's another money and biometrics sink though, especially when you reroll the bonuses when you have the related uniforms to be able to do so. And yeah if you buy the new uniform it will start over at normal, unless it is one of the new kinds with synergy. So far its just the endgame uniforms where they released 2 at once for everyone with synergy, but it also includes the two most recent captain marvel uniforms. The reasons to upgrade uniforms are: You love the character and/or want to competitively max them out to get higher in the rankings (which means nothing but personal satisfaction), you are pushing difficult content like high ultimate world boss or ABX scores and want every edge you can get, Ditto skills but unless you can see a clear improvement in the preview I wouldn't bother.

ISOs and custom gears are also important and a better use of money for rerolls to get overdrive, power of angry hulk, or maybe I am also groot for survivability. For custom gears you aim for immune to guard break if they need it and damage procs as high as you can get, with invincibility or immune to web also being good depending on what you use them for (web immunity is for pvp timeline battles).

When I needed to kill Quicksilver fast to unlock Scarlet Witch, I upgraded Nova's skills and gave him urus and it was just barely enough improvement for me to beat him in the time limit. On the other hand what let me progress in the main storyline and beat Odin and Thanos and all that was unlocking Dr. Strange, Jean Grey and Wolverine and working on their equipment, ISOs and custom gear. You can pause at the main story asgard chapters and work on world boss for a while, especially if you can start doing ultimate world boss and get your choice of Captain Marvel, Captain America, or Sharon Rogers to T3, as they can then easily handle the rest of the story missions, especially a T3 Captain Marvel with one of the new uniforms.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Any goon guilds willing to throw me an invite? Just got back into this game after... 4 years. In game name is: guyfacehaver

Double checking!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Now, see, about Custom Gear - I was always told that the only good one is Ignore Defense... although I'm possibly mixing that up with the equipment upgrades, which was to focus on Ignore Defense and Skill Cooldown first... or poo poo, maybe that was just the Comic Cards. Crap. I've got a lot of Ignore Defense Custom Gear made. Maybe I should be spreading around Guard Break. Although Immune To Stun might be helpful, too, although the difference between Stun, Snare and Fear are always confusing to me.

And upgrading uniforms is also good for getting the better prizes in Legendary Battles. I've been running Hela, Carol and Natasha through all the Special Missions to level up their uniforms.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I go for "Immunity to Guard Break" custom gear and then try and roll a second skill of "X% of damage increase" or "Invincibility". I used to customize specific Immunity to Stun/Webbing/Etc stuff for Shadowlands but I've mostly moved past the need for that now.

My priorities for ranking up a character basically go Levels > Gear > Isos > Custom Gear > Skills > Uniform and Urus. When I T2 someone I make sure they've all got maxed skills, a decent obelisk, and one of the big Iso sets. Urus are just a long term project when I need to get someone over a hump and uniforms I do over time since its such a resource drain. I'll always have 3 uniforms I'm gathering daily experience on and I'll just upgrade them as they come. Sometimes I zero in on a new one or one with a prize attached.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

You actually apply instead of getting invited. Other way around.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Doctor Goons has room now

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've been leveling Wasp to help me out in PVP. While I'm sure it helps, does she need her movie uniform or is it just enough to get her Tier II passive?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

hup posted:

You actually apply instead of getting invited. Other way around.

amusinginquiry posted:

Thanks for the info!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

amusinginquiry posted:

Just applied on Gassire.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Added both of ya

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Dawgstar posted:

I've been leveling Wasp to help me out in PVP. While I'm sure it helps, does she need her movie uniform or is it just enough to get her Tier II passive?

With almost every character, its get the most recent uniform.

Old Captain Marvel, garbage.
Her IW or Movie uniform? Make her Instant win.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I checked and her T2 passive is the team debuff removal, her Ant Man & Wasp movie costume also gives her team 10% hp (even if she's still T1).

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

Now, see, about Custom Gear - I was always told that the only good one is Ignore Defense... although I'm possibly mixing that up with the equipment upgrades, which was to focus on Ignore Defense and Skill Cooldown first... or poo poo, maybe that was just the Comic Cards. Crap. I've got a lot of Ignore Defense Custom Gear made. Maybe I should be spreading around Guard Break. Although Immune To Stun might be helpful, too, although the difference between Stun, Snare and Fear are always confusing to me.

it's "you need to cap ignore defense and skill cooldown on all your characters" so most players get a large amount of each from their cards, since thats an efficient way to get stat boosts out to your entire roster. theres probably gonna be a few characters who need a bit more ignore defense, but i find that the 4th gear stat and/or ignore defense urus are the best way to handle that, cos you can then roll for elemental damage or ignore guard break on your custom gears, which are stats you cant really add on to a character from anywhere else.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

also i go for damage proc on custom gear every time, ride or die, bad boys for life. invincibility sucks

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

punchymcpunch posted:

also i go for damage proc on custom gear every time, ride or die, bad boys for life. invincibility sucks

Except in timeline where it's mostly useless.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Could use some advice. I've hit the Wolverine Epic Quest part where I need 1000 Norn Stone of Strength but I've also got some people who could use Mastery like Minn-Erva and Cap. Should I just suck it up and wait or level my folks? I guess the same goes for Dimensional Debris in Deadpool's quest.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I hate those quests and I’m stuck there too, but I know those characters tear rear end.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I just focused on the born stone quests since I figured its best to get past them and there’s plenty of time to rebuild my stock when I’m stuck on the get X character to 5* rank quests.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

punchymcpunch posted:

it's "you need to cap ignore defense and skill cooldown on all your characters" so most players get a large amount of each from their cards, since thats an efficient way to get stat boosts out to your entire roster. theres probably gonna be a few characters who need a bit more ignore defense, but i find that the 4th gear stat and/or ignore defense urus are the best way to handle that, cos you can then roll for elemental damage or ignore guard break on your custom gears, which are stats you cant really add on to a character from anywhere else.

Hmm. Okay. Now that I think of it, I bet I just heard that Ignore Defense and Skill Cooldown is the only important thing on the Cards, and therefore my brain translated that into every other aspect, and now I just put 2 Cooldown Urus and 2 Ignore Defense urus on everybody and then sorta shrug on the 5th one and try to do something that matches the kind of attacks they have, physical or energy (fire/cold/lightning/mind are all energy, right?) So I guess I can assume that cards and urus and gear upgrades are handling that, so I can use Custom Gear for Guard Break Immunity and such. Makes sense.

Another thing about Custom Gear... if, say, you've got one that says LIGHTNING DAMAGE but you put it on a guy with no LIGHTNING attacks like Luke Cage. Does it ADD Lightning Damage to his attacks, or is it just wasted because Cage doesn't use lightning? I've been assuming the latter, and therefore only using those for folks like Thor to boost their damage output.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
It doesn't add elemental, just boosts it. So, it's wasted on Luke Cage.

My strategy is to try to get as much cooldown and ignore defense from cards as possible. A maxed alliance will also help with stat bonuses. The Hawk's Eye iso set gives a big cooldown bonus, too, if you need it. Then use the 4th gear to max out either of those.

If those are maxed, the 4th gear goes to crit damage. Then the uru are always 2 hp, 2 energy or physical damage, then crit damage. If crit damage gets maxed, then it's either crit rate, recovery rate if they've got that skill, or dodge for high dodge characters like Ant-Man or Iron Fist.

Custom gears are always ignore guard break then rerolled until I get invincibility or damage x%, unless they're a character that I don't really care about.

Doing that has had some pretty good results.

Edit: Looks like Strange is getting T3. Jean had a good run, I guess.

bobmcdynamite fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jun 28, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Strange can use it. He's really fallen behind.

Also I already got him to 70/4/25 back before we had all the T3 options.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

can i get jean grey now please thanks

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Applied to doctor goons as TubaSushii. Played a couple years ago, lured back.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

Applied to doctor goons as TubaSushii. Played a couple years ago, lured back.

Added!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Thank you!

I am following the infographic here https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/bpcubt/beginners_first_28_days_v501/ which recommends using the MFF100MILLION code to get a T2 Minnerva. I'm on iOS and I am massively too lazy to figure out how to get it onto an emulator, so I'm not gonna be using this code. Is Minnerva worth picking up with the $5 six-star selector deal, when I won't be able to T2 her?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She's good but no reason to spend money on her. You'll be able to get her free eventually when you get bio selectors.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Although when you do get Minn-Erva her movie uniform is well worth it. I'd still save up crystals for it, but it's worth it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

big cummers ONLY posted:

Thank you!

I am following the infographic here https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/bpcubt/beginners_first_28_days_v501/ which recommends using the MFF100MILLION code to get a T2 Minnerva. I'm on iOS and I am massively too lazy to figure out how to get it onto an emulator, so I'm not gonna be using this code. Is Minnerva worth picking up with the $5 six-star selector deal, when I won't be able to T2 her?

youll eventually be able to t2 her, you can farm up selectors for her bios

i wouldnt spend 5 bucks on her tho, id get a stark stash instead

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Lolol they gave Strange the T3 and not Mysterio.

http://forum.netmarble.com/futurefight_en/view/2196/1529108

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Dave posted:

Lolol they gave Strange the T3 and not Mysterio.

http://forum.netmarble.com/futurefight_en/view/2196/1529108

That's what Mysterio WANTS you to think.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Ol Fishbowl Heads costume has some bitchin bonusez, hope hes good

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Ol Fishbowl Heads costume has some bitchin bonusez, hope hes good

Also his 5 skill animation now is AMAZING i pray its not poo poo

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Used a Mega Uniform Ticket or whatever on Spider-Man 2099 just because and his uniform options are pretty crappy for me. Oh well, at least I got 1/5.

The Options Unis are Punisher: Marvel's Daredevil, Moon Knight: Armored, Elsa Bloodstone: Monsters Unleashed, Green Goblin: Ultimate, and Black Widow: Captain America Civil War in case anyone was curious.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So they just got rid of Alliance Raid. I guess absolutely nobody played it? I know I never did.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

So they just got rid of Alliance Raid. I guess absolutely nobody played it? I know I never did.

yep im pretty sure literally nobody did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I tapped it once and it gave me like 2mil and I'm not sure why so since then I checked it every now and then and when I did it was just a screen that told me to go away.