Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Threading the line of staying in 7th or 8th place while keeping as much hp as possible is the real skill in tft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so i got back into the regular game after a few days of being sidetracked with TFT (note: I was reinstalling it after having not played since ~2014)

holy poo poo when did top Teemo get this loving rude

i just played a game with him where I got 17 kills for 3 deaths (we still lost because our Ahri fed like crazy but I topped kills for the team by a WIDE margin and CS by like 10)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
you lost? did you have a teemo on your team?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Verviticus posted:

you lost? did you have a teemo on your team?

...yes, me

i was turning anything that came top into mulch, but bot was feeding hard and mid wasn't doing great, so we lost

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

next time maybe focus some of your murdering on towers...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Six assassins with a Blitz or other tank in the far corner from them gets rude in TFT.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm starting to like having a blitz as a trump card against hyperdeath carrys in the back corner.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so i got back into the regular game after a few days of being sidetracked with TFT (note: I was reinstalling it after having not played since ~2014)

holy poo poo when did top Teemo get this loving rude

i just played a game with him where I got 17 kills for 3 deaths (we still lost because our Ahri fed like crazy but I topped kills for the team by a WIDE margin and CS by like 10)

Thing is with teemo is he's garbage for team fights so your objective is to crush your lane (which you did) and then stay top lane smacking towers down. You need the jungle littered with mushrooms so people have trouble digging you out. This is difficult if the rest of the team is losing hard cos even if there's one person constantly defending, the 4v4 is in their favour.

This is why I dislike split pushers, they deny me my god given right to have glorious clusterfuck 5v5 fights and they tend to warp the game around what they are doing.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Anora posted:

Six assassins with a Blitz or other tank in the far corner from them gets rude in TFT.

Won't blitz end up saving their carry from your assassins? They'll basically swap places

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

kingcobweb posted:

Won't blitz end up saving their carry from your assassins? They'll basically swap places

I assume you're not putting Blitz in the opposite corner to get the carry, hes there to play yank the tank

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

This has to have been the least deserved win ever. I have no idea how it managed to come together.

Until the very last round I only had one 3 star, the Trist. I just gave her a Guinsoos, a Phantom Dancer and a really late Rapidfire and she just ripped things. I originally had a full gunsliger comp but I randomly switched to whatever the heck this is (Halfassed Yordle, Gunslinger and Elementalist I guess).

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

When Yordles have the trait of just ignoring damage sometikes and most of the Yordles are pretty good its not a bad comp to run since Trist is falling out of favour early and no-one ever takes Poppy.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The RNG seemed to hate what I was doing and refused to give me the last Poppy I needed for a 3 star even though it was the end of the game, in a 1v1, and I spent all my investment trying to get as many 3 stars as possible rather than leveling which would probably have been smarter.

So not even the RNG likes Poppy, is what I'm saying.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

getting a three star fiora taught me not to borher with that again

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

njsykora posted:

When Yordles have the trait of just ignoring damage sometikes and most of the Yordles are pretty good its not a bad comp to run since Trist is falling out of favour early and no-one ever takes Poppy.
Whenever I try to go Yordle, Gnar goes hiding

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Bell_ posted:

Whenever I try to go Yordle, Gnar goes hiding

That's why you just go half-Yordles with Trist, Kennen and Lulu until you find Gnar. No one cares about Poppy and Veigar so they're real easy to find later unless the game despises you.

The more I play the more I realize every faction is actually quite good in its own way... Except Demons who just immediately fall over against mana-less charcters.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Second part of your Amazon Prime Capsule should be unlocked

Cut-throat Graves, Arcade Kai'Sa (Which JUST came out) and High Noon Lucian (Legendary)

It's great but until the last one gets unlocked who has that much orange dust sitting around for a bunch of legendary skins

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

RealFoxy posted:

It's great but until the last one gets unlocked who has that much orange dust sitting around for a bunch of legendary skins
:smuggo:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s to entice you to buy boxes I assume. Too bad buying boxes is a bad way to spend money. They need to overhaul their loot boxes cause nothing about them is satisfying. I’m siting in like 30 keys too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm always getting boxes + keys because I usually only play ARAM and can S rank most of the champions in the game but it's still a really bad system

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I S rank a lot but rarely get boxes I don’t know what the gently caress is up with those.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

a fatguy bald spot posted:

getting a three star fiora taught me not to borher with that again

If I'm ever in a situation where I have to run Fiora, I put her in the corner away from the team so she can at least distract for a bit.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

I S rank a lot but rarely get boxes I don’t know what the gently caress is up with those.
It's not 100% but you can also get boxes for that champion if someone else on your team gets an S rank. I think the requirements are you must own the champ and you can only get a box off that champion once a season

Dancer
May 23, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

It's not 100% but you can also get boxes for that champion if someone else on your team gets an S rank. I think the requirements are you must own the champ and you can only get a box off that champion once a season

Someone in your pre-made group, not team.

So all you need is to play with... friends...

:smith:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

this, but they have to be queued with you, they can't just be a random person on your team one game.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Probably a good 80+% of my boxes each season are earned by other goons while in premades

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t think they understand loot boxes/gambling very well.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

TFT beta pass is up, the egg is the first reward in it.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
participating in the league of legends loot system is a sin

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Verviticus posted:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The League Of Legends Loot System has given me multiple Arcade and Star Guardian skins so it's good actually.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Verviticus posted:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The blue essence system is cool enough. I don't find it particularly exploitative.

How every yellow essence is rare as gently caress in my experience and converting skin shards is nearly impossible.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Verviticus posted:

participating in the league of legends loot system is a sin goku

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The secret to getting skins is to just dust the garbage high tier ones for big money and reroll the low value ones for permanents.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Just played my weirdest game. So I was watching Saintvicious and he was talking about how players are terrible at winstreaking. And he said you should push levels and drown people in your higher quality and number troops. So I won my first 2 fights and thought huh I should try that winstreaking thing. So...

Yeah. It looks awful but I was in the middle of transitioning out of assassins (into random 4s and 5s because I have them comp). Hence the random Kha'zix and Akali. I still stomped on the last dude cause I had just way too much money. I was like "wait, it's over?" Game ends fast when you're just rolling people.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
On league related news, they are finally updating the old and clunky death recap that barely used to work.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Got several games of Qiyana in and boy howdy she is pretty drat fun. Glass cannon build is pretty great (lethality items) and she seems to scale really well but I haven't had as much success with a bruiser build (triforce, steraks). Her outplay potential is huge once you get used to her W's range. That being said I really wish summoner's rift had a few little bodies of water deep in the jungle for her to work with. If you're pretty far into the jungle you really only have the brush and walls to use with her W. The Q bonus damage on targets below 50% hp is pretty bonkers and I expect that will be nerfed.

Her ult's explosion going all the way around the baron and dragon pits is hilarious and surprises everyone including me at times

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I cannot stress how good it is to just go all in on getting early 3 star units in this game

Not pictured: the fact that I was at 100 health at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Legitimately the closest game I've had so far, assassins are hard to get