Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
You have to have made an action that contributes in some way to a currently-ongoing combat; that is to say, you need to have either deal some form of damage to at least one living enemy, or else have healed an ally who is being targeted by at least one living enemy. A tank with Aspected Benefic (in either sect) counts as the latter, though it's easy enough to toss Combust on something before doing messing with your cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm in Rak'tika and just got to the part where Y'shtola and Urianger had a conversation about Urianger maybe being a liar. How many more hours would you say are left in the MSQ? Am I at the halfway mark?

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I'm in Rak'tika and just got to the part where Y'shtola and Urianger had a conversation about Urianger maybe being a liar. How many more hours would you say are left in the MSQ? Am I at the halfway mark?

That's about halfway, yeah. As one might expect, the 75 dungeon marks about the halfway point in the story between 70 and 80.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

1/3rd to 2/5ths

Or maybe the later stuff just feels longer.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Like previous expansions, this MSQ is divided pretty neatly into five acts, and you're in the middle of Act 3, so yeah, halfway there.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Nessus posted:

I'm still trying to internalize which cards go on melee/tank and which go on ranged/healer

The old good cards go on melee, the old bad cards go on ranged. That's what I do.

There is an indicator on the gauge too. Can't look it up right now obviously, but I think there's a yellow icon beside melee cards, and a blue beside ranged.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

blood for lily god blood for lily god blood for lily god blood for lily god blood for lily god blood for lily god blood for lily god blood for lily god blood for lily god blood for lily god blood for lily god

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

though i do kinda think that it's interesting that they've given whm a spell that while extremely neat, will be harder to use as the expansion tends to go on in relevant content as things/trash die more quickly thanks to gear

in summary blood for lily god blood for lily god blood for lily god blood for lily god blood for lily god

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vermain posted:

I could listen to Rak'tika's theme for hours. They're gonna be saying Soken's name in the same breath as Uematsu's in 20 years if he keeps pumping out these masterpieces.

I've been saying this the past couple years. The Stormblood motif was so good.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tashilicious posted:

I don't think this is the case? I remember looking at the trust menu at some point when I had the first two dungeons unlocked and it seemed that the trust folk just sync to the minimum dungeon level?

I'll double check when I get home I guess.
While you're in the middle of the MSQ this is true but after you finish the last MSQ dungeon at 80 they get reset to 71 and you have to level up everyone from scratch.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Goddamn these new AST changes are abysmal

I know all jobs got reworked/nerfed but they turned my absolute favorite class into like... nothing

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ibblebibble posted:

Amh Araeng is my favourite zone theme and you cannot make me get off this hill.

:yeah:

Ahm Araeng is absolutely my favorite zone and this is a big reason for it. The other is that I'm just always a sucker for pretty deserts.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

super sweet best pal posted:

I've been saying this the past couple years. The Stormblood motif was so good.

I’ve probably spent hundreds of hours listening to the various boss themes from the ost in full yeah. God the dungeon boss theme for shadowbrinngers feels perfect in mood

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The ShB dungeon boss theme is fantastic

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Some of y'all talking about music clearly haven't done one of the level 80 dungeons and it shows because you wouldn't be talking about anything else

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Realms are back up

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is there any info on what the hotfixes were anywhere?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

While we were waiting, I went looking around for a story recap because I forgot pretty much everything. I found this playlist, which is enjoyable if overdramatic.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

SirSamVimes posted:

Is there any info on what the hotfixes were anywhere?
They put in the gag boobs from PSO2.

Do they email us the code for proper full Shadowbringersing? Or is it already in some order page for us somewhere?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Nessus posted:

They put in the gag boobs from PSO2.

Do they email us the code for proper full Shadowbringersing? Or is it already in some order page for us somewhere?

If you ordered it thru the SE store, check the invoice email. Should be a link to click for the code. Don't think they're out yet.

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

Closing out of the "There are X players in queue" message and trying again when the number is less then 50 doesn't seem to work for me anymore; that might be one thing they changed.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Patch notes:

quote:

■The following issues were addressed.
・Summoner's ability "Aetherpact" can be used even though the recast timer remains under certain circumstances.
・Character might be left in the content server without any players after the content ended during congested time.
・Server will shut down under certain circumstances.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I've been leveling very slowly through the MSQ because I'm sampling everything. I'm loving this expac so far. I've gotten to 71 on a few crafters, 72 on BTN and MIN and 72 on PLD. I was considering powering GNB up and then doing the story with that, but I couldn't resist doing the new quests. New Paladin is good. I also just can't bring myself to grind so heavily. I'll be late for the raid when it comes out but whatev. :shrug:

I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of primal weapons for the new jobs, but I'll hold onto hope (and mats) for their eventual release.

The new zones are gorgeous (that I've seen, so far) and I love the music, especially in Lakeland. Plus, I switched from giraffe (prey) to lion (predator)

They released some more crafted versions of the Brayflox's Longstop drops and the tank chest, hands, and legs are sick. They dye really well and maintain their buffed sheen no matter the colour. Plus, I love the accents in brown and black. I should switch from the Baldur's Sword to a Heavy Metal Longsword or something with a matching handle, though.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Speaking of which, since I'm one of the few goons that stayed on Crystal, and since character creation on the other data centers is a crapshoot at best, would people be interested in a cross-world linkshell for Crystal goons? It's not quite as fancy as a Free Company, but if new players are going to be stuck on the non-cool worlds on our data center, we could at least help out with duty finder queues and such.

I'm on Brynhildr, which is on Crystal, so I would be down for a linkshell.
Wouldn't be able to join for a couple weeks since I'm still out of town, but yeah, I'd be down.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Does anyone have pictures of the Castrum or Lotus dancer weapon? Castrum is usually really pretty and I haven't really seen the Lotus one anywhere.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

It seems like no matter what I do, the tab button just does not reliably target the next nearest enemy. It's pretty annoying.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Ibblebibble posted:

Amh Araeng is my favourite zone theme and you cannot make me get off this hill.
Do not worry, for this is my hill too. Come, let us have tea and honeyed hams.

Rak'tika is good but it's a bit too active and it doesn't loop as well as it could because of the stuff that makes it awesome. I'm guessing it's not 'this song is stuck in my head for a solid week and I still like it' territory.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

S.J. posted:

It seems like no matter what I do, the tab button just does not reliably target the next nearest enemy. It's pretty annoying.

tab target is always garbage in every mmo

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I'm sitting at work, just wanting to be home so I can mainline more msq directly in to my veins.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I just got to the second town in Il Mheg and I cannot believe that the No Mou are bottoms.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

S.J. posted:

Just bind a button to target nearest enemy and move your character or camera around instead. Precise targeting in PvP is a much bigger problem, target lock is actually useful there sometimes.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kitfox88 posted:

I just got to the second town in Il Mheg and I cannot believe that the No Mou are bottoms.

roll over
fetch
beg
present

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

If you want to make a character right now you're locked to (one server on) Crystal. Oddly enough, Mateus is a fairly busy server most of the time, but I have no idea how Square's character creation locks work. I lied, it's Diabolos (also on Crystal) now.

That said, servers open up fairly often for character creation, but you won't be making a character on any Congested server anytime soon, and even the standard worlds on Primal are going to be a crapshoot.

Speaking of which, since I'm one of the few goons that stayed on Crystal, and since character creation on the other data centers is a crapshoot at best, would people be interested in a cross-world linkshell for Crystal goons? It's not quite as fancy as a Free Company, but if new players are going to be stuck on the non-cool worlds on our data center, we could at least help out with duty finder queues and such.

I am interested in this. Myself and some friends recently started playing and ended up on Coeurl, and don't really do much outside of our small group. I'd be happy to run things with goons.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I'm also in for goons on Crystal, I moved to Malboro to dodge some heat and accept Square's bribes.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

You've yeed your last haw, pardner.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

Fun fact, it all plays the same if you assume they're being real sarcastic.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Further red mage observations: Engagement has proved more useful than I anticipated, since even if it's 50 less potency than Displacement there's proving to be a lot of fights where it's just easier to park yourself on the boss' rear end and not eat a half-second animation lock. But I still can't figure out what the hell Reprise is supposed to be for. Enchanted Reprise is 220 potency melee... but costs 10 B/W mana so it keeps you from doing your finisher combo, and it's got a full-length GCD so it isn't even saving time over just casting jolt or dumping mana after a misfired combo or something. Is there something I'm missing, some sort of high end mana optimization thing that'd use it? :psyduck:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Just had a tank that was very obviously a bot (or a very intense roleplayer since he walked up to every single mob) but the other two people in my party were too new to notice so my dismissal vote was ignored. :negative: at least we still did it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So can somebody spoil-without-spoiling how you get your bag of AF gear? I assume it's at the end of the role questline but do you also have to have finished the MSQ as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Pierson posted:

So can somebody spoil-without-spoiling how you get your bag of AF gear? I assume it's at the end of the role questline but do you also have to have finished the MSQ as well?

After you complete the story quest that's gated by finishing your role quest line, talk to that NPC again.