Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
people have already addressed this but it can't be said enough: please god do not kill 100 vomvalysts to grind your Quills standing up, this is insane

goons can carry you through eidolon hunts as long as you're up-front about being new or, honestly, a lot of the time even just doing them in pub groups will work out in the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Fun and can be quite strong. The prisms are all solid, my favorite is the Lega (6), which is a flamethrower. The scaffolds are a mixed bag. I think the Dissic(6) is quite fun to use, wasn't that impressed with the others. The Suo (5) brace is garbage, the Plaga (6) is really nice from a feel perspective on Status amps, and the Certus (7) is boss for crit amps like Raplak or Granmu.

Basically, the 666 amp is really fun, hail satan.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
yeah i pubbed eidolons a few times when i was building my non-mote amp and it was fine

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Right, i completed and maxed all prism/scaffold combinations before Thumpers were even announced, but i'm glad that stuff isn't gated as much anymore.

Same. There was a Cetus rank 4 bait recipe needed to make the rank 3 brace for the 223 amp I think. Got that from clanmates instead.

While you can make the 111 amp, Mote is plenty fine to contribute to pubbie Teralyst hunts which when you start out are a confusing mess most of the time or a triviality as the team gets carried by a single person. I went straight for the 223 with Mote and Teralyst pub hunts, it wasn't that bad.

Can't help but feel that the starting archwing and amp have done a lot of damage to players trying those game modes for the first time. At least you can get past the MK1 starter weapons very quickly, but the amp and archwing+weapons last way way too long.

E: Building out a good rad sniper and learning the convoluted and obtuse mechanics of an eido hunt will have a bigger impact than Mote vs another starter amp.

Sapmatic's Eido playlist is a good place to learn all that stuff, but probably more useful after doing a few pubbie bounties to start with.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 2, 2019

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI4NxsnpGUQ

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

nice, looks like we'll be getting information on the updated New Player Experience after all

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
in terms of amps, x27 is (last I checked anyway) "dolon meta" so if you ever don't know what to build, build one of those. x23 is second place. The good news is you only really need one of these so if you want to make a bunch of x11s for cheap mastery go for it. if you want to make a 666 hail satan amp, go for it! The stakes are pretty low here so long as you have one really good dolon amp in case you ever want to get serious about hunting them.

someone made a chart translating actual amp part names to numbers, and I wish I had that handy because it's invaluable

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Echophonic posted:

Basically, the 666 amp is really fun, hail satan.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've built basically everything to try out and 233 for Eidolons and 666 for general loving around are my favorites by far. The Klebrik (3) scaffold is quite good at noodling Voms.

I think blending prisms and scaffolds that match is important, though, since you only get one arcane slot. Could definitely see running a 646 or 643, though. The Phahd is a fun scaffold, too. Maybe I'll build that tonight just for the heck of it.

Status amps (and anything running Shwaak (2))want Virtuos Fury and crit amps want Virtuos Strike. I could see a case for Shadow on something like a crit-built Raplak (1) or Rahn (4), though.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

well that explains where the prime trailer budget went to

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
unfortunately amp damage doesn't scale meaningfully, so the vast majority of amp combinations are kind of pointless

111 is good for doing the quests and being easy to build, after that in terms of stuff you'll actually use, either build the meta amp (x27) for the only thing that requires amp damage (eidolons) or a long-range amp (4xx) for doing content where damage doesn't matter and you just have to tag a Void-sensitive target (orbs, kuva siphons, ropadope)

427 gets you both of the above in a single package

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Seconding the Phahd scaffold being fun and good. It isn't going to replace any really tricked out weapon but it's the closest thing to a UT ripper that we have and it legit does good work against anything that doesn't have armor. Cleaves and bounces right through corpus fleshies and infested.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah x27 is the meta for eidolons. the prism doesnt really matter since you only use it to dump excess vs stacks. every shot at the eidolon should be your secondary fire. eidolons are immune to status so you just want the highest crit chance possible, so certus brace.

if you just have a mote amp or something and are getting carried dont even worry about shooting, just try to stay in void mode as much as possible and not die. for the person doing the carry it is sooo much easier to just focus on killing the eidolon and not reviving people all the time.

627 is my favorite

Psion posted:

someone made a chart translating actual amp part names to numbers, and I wish I had that handy because it's invaluable
the wiki has them listed next to the parts and theres a little chart above https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Amp#Prism

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I keep making different amps for the Nightwave Gilding challenges. Build something with the Phahd scaffold if you want to have fun outside of eidolon hunts. A rank 2/3 Virtuos Spike arcane will give you puncture damage and better performance against armored enemies in the lategame, while still giving you enough void damage to tag kuva clouds or giant spiders.

Edit: if you shoot the phahd at a pair of Voms, the disk will bounce back and forth between them until they die.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

x27 is nice, but the 7 brace is locked behind a bad grind. All of the Solaris United ranks then most of the Vox Solaris ranks, which last also includes the yucky RNG heavy grind to get atmo systems. 223 is very accessible by contrast - 3 Quills ranks and then a few Thumpers or 3-4 Cetus ranks.

xx3 is not very far behind xx7 in terms of eido shield damage (12% vs 20% crit chance).

I'd prefer an x27 amp eventually but an amp built from Quills parts is useful for a long time before you have access to the 7 brace.

E: Also worth pointing out that the amps themselves are very cheap to make in contrast to the effort needed to unlock the ranks at which you can buy them. It's grinding the ranks to unlock the parts that is painful and you'll have access to 223 well before you unlock even the 4xx, leave alone the Fortuna amp parts.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 2, 2019

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

using the default skins is some :shobon: poo poo

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Might turn people off if they logged in and realized they had to pay $20 for that fancy Mag skin on the theater trailer.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If I wanted to make a Phahd what other parts and arcane would I use? Obviously not using it for Dolons.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
I did Chains of Harrow before ever meeting the Quills :suicide:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

AzureSkye posted:

I did Chains of Harrow before ever meeting the Quills :suicide:

I did the Sacrifice without an amp.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

njsykora posted:

:same:

I didn't know until a month later that you were supposed to shoot the Sentients and reset them. I just brute forced it. :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011

njsykora posted:

Thirty minutes spent hiding on a beam.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Mailer posted:

I didn't know until a month later that you were supposed to shoot the Sentients and reset them. I just brute forced it. :v:

Wait, you're what?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The Void is poison to the Sentients my dude and getting hit by its pure energy resets their resistances

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tried Exploiter for the first time and was with some guy who said he never did it before either. Was tempted to quit at that point, but stuck it out. Had no idea what I was doing in the cave and basically just killed spiders. Dude must have figured it out because we got to the second phase, where I basically just killed spider tankers. Somehow we killed it and got Shocking Step off it. Game knows I have Smoking Body though and I probably won’t use it. Already annoyed me with a second smoking body drop that’s useless to me.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just got the Lenz.

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1146323611965435904

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

KDdidit posted:

Somehow we killed it and got Shocking Step off it. Game knows I have Smoking Body though and I probably won’t use it.

what the gently caress :argh:

I have like 50+ kills, im DROWNING in techfish guts :mad:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

It is the thing that made me love the game. #LenzIsLove

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I don't understand what's happening in the video. :saddowns:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Grineer Commanders can Switch Teleport with you. Noticable because you T pose during it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tylana posted:

Grineer Commanders can Switch Teleport with you. Noticable because you T pose during it.

Is that why that happens? Holy poo poo, I had thought I kept accidentally hitting the wrong button when doing Loki for a few missions.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I can't say you didn't also do that, sadly. :D

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyWUKiXKQRI

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

KDdidit posted:

If I wanted to make a Phahd what other parts and arcane would I use? Obviously not using it for Dolons.

I'd say Raplak, Rahn, or Klamora, since they're all crit. Basically pistol, rifle, or shotgun. Pair with a Certus Brace and a Virtuos Strike for maximum murder.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Corridor Digital made the Lotus helmet and a void relic!

https://youtu.be/TEjxuTM6sCw

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

They seem to be going all out for Tennocon displays.
https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/1146488673485107201

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, the life size moa they got looks rad as heck too https://youtu.be/rq5NyPwEkzo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
what is reb wearing

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

I just started playing this and got the goon clan invite (and lots of presents, thanks!). Just made it to Mars, have half of a Rhino built, and maxed out my Volt, sword, and have a puppy friend growing.

Game is gud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

See as much as you can and then get prepared to have your mind blown on saturday.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what is reb wearing

the easter pallet

So about warframe trailer in front of the new spiderman movie, maybe that's Nora running through the woods. That Volt scene totally has bullet time going on, nothing but Volt is moving including an exploding chunk of ground. I can't really tell if he's fighting or protecting, but that's definitely a Dax soldier he knocks in the air and then shields. So probably a lot of Old War visuals.