Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

reverend crabhands posted:

Pulled from the Reddit thread about Sandi/Marc appointment, I honestly have no idea but I tittered reading it :

one of the old leaks posts talked about ubisoft throwing them some money at some point. weird that this was here too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Bootcha posted:

Both are correct.

You can lie to the Citizenry and they will forgive you, make excuses for you, and try to give you more money.

You lie to a billionaire? They will come for you and they will make you suffer.

Strangler 42 fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 2, 2019

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I mean, what else is new?

He might have made a firm commitment to launch SQ42 on X date to someone. It doesn't matter. Whatever promises he made or what ramifications it will have, he will find a way to continually delay.

The difference between breaking a promise to kickstarter backers and breaking a promise to a VC investor is it's harder. But he'll still absolutely do it. This is the same guy that got railroaded out of both Microsoft and the movie industry.

he will 100% break any promise he made. alternatively he'll release a couple crappy levels, they will suck, but it will fulfill his contractual obligations and he'll go right to selling episode 2 (and improvements to the first episode, which will make it way better obviously) to his moron fans

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Chris Roberts will be absolved of all sins by the most important person in the world, Chris Roberts.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Kevin Costner lawsuit is no longer holding him back from Hollywood he has absolved himself of it.

Praise be the Roberts.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Strangler 42 posted:

You can lie to the Citizenry and they will forgive you, make excuses for you, and try to give you more money.

You like to a billionaire? They will come for you and they will make you suffer.

Petty grievances are for the space poor. It will more likely be "$46 million? Do we even bother liquidating that amount? No, just sell it and be done with it. And tell my son not to bother me with some Hollywood pet fantasy partner again."

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The evidence he will use to clear himself of any legal or court action will be the video of him writing on the white board.

It's all there - all he was ever selling was DREAMS.

Check mate world.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The value you get for your $27k ship pack has already been delivered.

"It's the friends we made along the way"

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
gooncats ruin everything

https://i.imgur.com/rKi2tN5.gifv

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It kinda sounds like some fanfiction poo poo... But they did just add that Cayman Islands banker dude to the board of directors, soooo

It kind of is, because the Calder's deal is actually a matter of public record, and they didn't just 'add', they swapped out. It's the Calder's money manager that changed.

Mr Green Text appears to be completely out of the loop there, and I'd like crimes against apostrophes to be taken into consideration.

edit: Also Ubisoft doesn't do 10% deals; they're not Ten Cent, and this has always smelled like a backer who wanted to do 'more' given that the number of places where a hack game developer from the 1990s meets up with an ex-record executive who _lives in the Caymans_.

Keith picks winners - https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2096462/

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 2, 2019

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Dude, where's your car?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

So I put on some twitch streams of ptu 3.6 last night as I worked out.

Wtfosuras who bagged it as "definitely needing more time in the oven" then it crash on him, then there was no one playing Space Marine - I was so looking forward to a melt down but instead he said he did not want to have a melt down so was going to go to bed. <----- boring, I wanted entertainment but the whole thing was a let down. (I must admit that I did like the lighting at Grim Hex?)

Next was some guy dressed as a pirate with 2.7k viewers, I watched this for about 40 minutes. It two was boring - train trip - boring - going to some moon to get a hacking chip - boring - seen the hover fight mode in action, was less like a helicopter and more like he was being dangled on the end of a long string, it has the momentum of a swing.

Seen him fight NPC police at comms array - like wtf? poo poo combat and the NPC voice lines where so bad and then out of nowhere they got worse by saying gently caress. The player guy was loving it though as if it was super intense ... It was not.

Then he went in the array and put the chip in and wanted for hot fps action - it never came and then he realized that he was ment to have been doing a hacking mini game. Lol all that time wasted.

I can see why streamers like this game - it's so slow and time consuming that it's perfect for them to interact with their audience. If you where not doing that, what do you do during the train rides/quantum jumps/long walks?

I've been gaming over 30 years and this has some of the lamest attempts at gameplay I've ever seen.

All in all it was good (my work out that is)

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

On, and heaps of bugs and broken poo poo.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kosumo posted:

I've been gaming over 30 years and this has some of the lamest attempts at gameplay I've ever seen.

I think it's fun how many people try to suggest that this isn't true, and pretend that their fetch quest that they've been doing for a couple of years is the height of adrenaline pumping action.

Another thing I find fun; Keith Calder stumping $46 million and completely failing to tweet anything about it.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Star Citizen Alpha 3.6.0k PTU.2054859 Patch Notes

Known Issues

-Klim and Battaglia are unresponsive.
-The updated criminality and law system is only partially implemented, with some missing behavior and needed elements. We will not be describing or taking feedback on this topic just yet.
-Textures will display across the visor on some helmets.
-Depending on ship, sometimes when attempting to file an insurance claim the timer will either start with a long delay or never start at all.
-Players may get stuck at the bottom of the Vanguard's ramp. W/A: Jump off of the side of the ramp to avoid.
-There may be numerous collision and visual issues with the Vanguard.
-Hacking chips currently can't be stowed or retrieved after purchased.
-Hover mode has some impending changes/updates, we will not be taking feedback on it until those are complete.

Feature Updates

Arena Commander

-Updated Arena Commander scoring for P-72.

Ships and Vehicles

-Complete rework of the Aegis Vanguard Warden.

Bug Fixes

-Locked off the ability to ADS while prone rolling to prevent knock-on issues.
-FOIP facial animations should now be visible to other players.
-Blade should once again have thruster effects.
-Removed unintended UI elements from StarMap.
-Further fixes to prevent players being unable to respawn after dying far away from spawn point.
-Eslin at Levski should once again be on the job.
-Fixed bounce away effect when using free look while crouched and looking downward.
-Vehicle purchasing kiosk should now revert to splash screen if the player leaves while confirming purchase.
-The drug stash for seize and destroy missions on ArcCorp should now consistently appear.
-Area18 ATC should once again spawn ships.
-Interdiction AI ships should no longer despawn in front of the player.
-Further networking improvements to prevent ship rubberbanding, hitching, and stuttering.

Technical

-Fixed a server crash.
-Fixed 2 client crashes.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Dementropy posted:

Technical

-Fixed a server crash.
-Fixed 2 client crashes.

CIG has the best and most descriptive patch notes.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Whenever I read the patch notes, I always try to imagine the codebase behind some of the issues....and most of the time I need a drink to get my mind off of it, because I have to deal with similar poo poo too often.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Roberts is pure genius at developing.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drunk Theory posted:

CIG has the best and most descriptive patch notes.

-Improved stuff in game
-Added some stuff somewhere
-Added more stuff somewhere else

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

-Improved stuff in game
-Added some stuff somewhere
-Added more stuff somewhere else

Please add the word 'should' in every statement like they do.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Wait is that all there is for the 3.6 patch? Or is that a small addendum patch to the main 3.6 patch?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
I came across this old screenshot

and updated it.

Five year off on producing a digital toy...

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dementropy posted:

Star Citizen Alpha 3.6.0k PTU.2054859 Patch Notes

Known Issues

-Klim and Battaglia are unresponsive.

But they were put in two patches ago in 2018?

Hav fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 2, 2019

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

tuo posted:

Whenever I read the patch notes, I always try to imagine the codebase behind some of the issues....and most of the time I need a drink to get my mind off of it, because I have to deal with similar poo poo too often.

They seem to be missing some functional testing.

eg;

Complete rework of the Aegis Vanguard Warden.

Then

Players may get stuck at the bottom of the Vanguard's ramp. W/A: Jump off of the side of the ramp to avoid.
There may be numerous collision and visual issues with the Vanguard.

I'm unfamiliar with this use of the word 'polishing', unless it's connected to the inability to get a shine on a turd.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Beexoffel posted:

I came across this old screenshot

and updated it.

Five year off on producing a digital toy...

Crobbers' hair looking good back then before significant refactoring took place.

Anyway, lol. What a poo poo show. So glad I gave my small contribution to this almighty tyre fire.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

:smuggo:

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

quote:

The impact of Star Citizen to me can be summed up with one quick interaction at a party a while back...

Guy walks up, nods and says "I hear you're a gamer...."

Me (a long pause)

..."I used to be a gamer...now I'm a Star Citizen."

Him: RAAARGH!

(2 weeks later) Me: Uhhh... what hit me?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

..."I used to be a gamer...now I'm a Star Citizen, dummy"

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Rexzilla/status/1146149686111342592

He's quite loud.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

quote:

The impact of Star Citizen to me can be summed up with one quick interaction at a party a while back...

Guy walks up, nods and says "Please leave whoever you are, you're upsetting my children...."

Me (a long pause)

..."I used to be a gamer...now I'm a Star Citizen."

Him: Hello, 911?

(2 weeks later) Me: But Your Honour, it's all circumstantial! Someone must have hacked into my PC and downloaded all those images!

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Whoa, scary guy.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Beexoffel posted:

Whoa, scary guy.

The last hurrah I feel - he's on notice now to get his poo poo together and start winning back the viewers or the contract is cancelled and the Calder money tap is switched OFF motherfucker.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beexoffel posted:

Whoa, scary guy.

He seems quite concerned.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Then he should moved to concerned.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
YOU TELL ME IF ITS A SCAM THAT MY SHIP CANT DO ANYTHING BESIDES ROLEPLAY PEW PEW WITH ZERO OBJECTIVES AND JUST A LOTTA MILSIM BRO SPEAK

YOU TELL ME IF ITS A SCAM THAT IT COST $375 AND STILL CAN'T BE USED FOR ANYTHING BUT FERRYING A RED BULL SPONSORED "GRASS ROOTS" MARKETING CLAN TO A COMPLETELY MADE UP FIREFIGHT THAT TAKES SEVERAL HOURS OF COORDINATION TO HAVE ABOUT 15 MINUTES OF GAMEPLAY

YOU GO AHEAD AND TELL ME ITS A SCAM

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

yes

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's not a scam in the traditional sense of the word, which usually implies some kind of planning and execution of something

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hoooooly poo poo, he's actually proud of being that embarrassing, huh

What's he saying in this video? I couldn't quite parse it not knowing the context. It sounds like he's complaining about his expensive ship not being able to tow cargo...? But he CAN drop some "maniacs" into action every day...? But then he says he can't...? And therefore, Star Citizen good?

Like, I can't tell if he's complaining, or bragging, or both.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Hoooooly poo poo, he's actually proud of being that embarrassing, huh

What's he saying in this video? I couldn't quite parse it not knowing the context. It sounds like he's complaining about his expensive ship not being able to tow cargo...? But he CAN drop some "maniacs" into action every day...? But then he says he can't...? And therefore, Star Citizen good?

Like, I can't tell if he's complaining, or bragging, or both.

I think he's trying to do a WWE charisma dude thing ? Which is probably a thing citizens are furiously nodding at.

I'd pin it down on knowing his audience and what they want. They want to be loudly reassured that star citizen is good, that we've always been at war with eastasia, and that they can keep pledging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
By 'maniacs' he means silent, motionless avatars dressed head to toe in grey, onto a grey barren landscape where nothing happens, to the point that if something does happen they die of heart attacks