Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it possible human-caused climate change is actually caused entirely by one human?

Jose you really gotta rein in your hurricane-attracting pheromones before a party of adventurers track you down and loot your lair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
This climate poo poo is really bad. Luckily there's a US presidential election next year and if trump loses this will all get fixed really fast

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Polo-Rican posted:

This climate poo poo is really bad. Luckily there's a US presidential election next year and if trump loses this will all get fixed really fast

Or he wins and America triples down on coal.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RC Cola posted:

Or he wins and America triples down on coal.

It is our moral imperative to widely disperse Molecules of Freedom.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Addamere posted:

Is it possible human-caused climate change is actually caused entirely by one human?

Jose you really gotta rein in your hurricane-attracting pheromones before a party of adventurers track you down and loot your lair.

They'll probably find me on the toilet

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
it's gonna turn out that climate change was actually a long-term Cold War plot to make it possible for NATO to surprise Russia by invading during the winter

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jose posted:

just the standard amount of summer hail in Guadalajara

I saw footage of a truck driving through that and it was just insane.

I literally cannot fathom that much hail.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDXBSep1JzQ

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Main Paineframe posted:

it's gonna turn out that climate change was actually a long-term Cold War plot to make it possible for NATO to surprise Russia by invading during the winter
Too bad it'll turn out to make the mud season, the actual culprit for Napoleon and Nazi losses, last all winter instead

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

southern greenland

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Climatologist49/status/1145774163958722560

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
too hot on the surface? Just dig! I don't need a window in my bedroom, let me die underground.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:tif:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Failson posted:

too hot on the surface? Just dig! I don't need a window in my bedroom, let me die underground.

I have bad news about the layers of the earth interior to the crust.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Addamere posted:

I have bad news about the layers of the earth interior to the crust.

It's all permafrost and it's all melting??

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shima Honnou posted:

It's all permafrost and it's all melting??
pre:
In the borehole pressure mines 100km beneath Planetsurface,
at the Mohorovicic Discontinuity where crust gives way to mantle,
temperatures often reach levels well in excess of 1000°C.
Exploitation of Planet’s resources under such brutal conditions has
required quantum advances in robotic and teleoperational technology.

—Morgan Industries, Ltd.,
“Annual Report”

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Ugh, fine, how about just a few meters down?

Thunderstorm in Portland right now. Constant rolling thunder, that's unusual, but we get one every 10 - 15 years or so.

... This is our second in two weeks.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Weather is NOT climate so everything is actually fine.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Who needs Alaska anyways, full of chuds and rapists. Let it melt into the rising ocean

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The chuds and rapists aren't just going to stay there and die when the state melts, they're going to flood into Washington and Oregon and gently caress up everything.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Addamere posted:

The chuds and rapists aren't just going to stay there and die when the state melts, they're going to flood into Washington and Oregon and gently caress up everything.

british columbia should build the wall

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Failson posted:

You don't need to be a weatherman to see which way the wind is blowing

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Addamere posted:

lol thinking washington and oregon aren't full of chuds the second you step out of a city

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Addamere posted:

the parts of washington and oregon where the most chuds live are going to die as well

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

the parts of washington and oregon where the most chuds live are going to die as well

Portland had a tornado last night. Like, in city limits.

I'm sure it's fine. It's fine.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Failson posted:

poo poo i didnt hear about that somehow. thats right by my old job.

nice try god but youll never catch me

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

the sand will be transported internationally and used to restore beachfronts that are being eroded by ever increasing storms, until there’s no money more left to pay for the stuff/miami is entirely underwater

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Jose posted:

just the standard amount of summer hail in Guadalajara

Looks like they could use some of that "global warming"!!! :chaostrump:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hey what about carbon-eating algae that are light enough to be aeresolized and sprayed into the atmosphere?

I'm just the ideas guy someone else will have to work on the details I'll be asleep under the desk in the conference room because I worked so hard on this

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
When you build a statue of me, use young PostNouveau alright I don't want future generations worshipping bald and fat me

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Addamere posted:

they're all going to die when the cascadia subduction zone goes and you get a bigger earthquake than the san andreas fault is capable of producing. last time it went off the tsunami hit japan in 1700 lol

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

they're all going to die when the cascadia subduction zone goes and you get a bigger earthquake than the san andreas fault is capable of producing. last time it went off the tsunami hit japan in 1700 lol

AND it could trigger all the mountains around here to erupt, burying everything in boiling mud!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Failson posted:

AND it could trigger all the mountains around here to erupt, burying everything in boiling mud!

this sounds like a much cooler way to die than what everyone else will get, where do i sign up

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Failson posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Portland%E2%80%93Vancouver_tornado

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

What used to be rare is now a yearly event as apparently there was a tornado in Portland last year too.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Shima Honnou posted:

What used to be rare is now a yearly event as apparently there was a tornado in Portland last year too.

Yeah, that's the point I was getting at. It used to be a 100-year thing, now it's every year, or more.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Could be worse, could be one of the dozens of regions now experiencing thousand year floods every year for the last 5 or so years

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Shima Honnou posted:

I wasn't trying to make a point but to be pedantic the Portland metro area has actually had less tornadoes this decade than the previous two.

1990s - 7
2000s - 9
2010s - 6 including the latest one

However, previous decades the tornadoes tended to come in clusters (2004 had 6 in one year and 3 in a single storm event) whereas the 2010s theres been a single tornado every 1-2 years.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mayor Dave posted:

good thing there are no areas of the planet that are uninhabitable without it

yet

maybe people shouldn't live in these areas

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jose posted:

megadrought is much, much, much, much, much more likely to nuke the west than the cascadia rubberband

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Epic High Five posted:

Could be worse, could be one of the dozens of regions now experiencing thousand year floods every year for the last 5 or so years

somehow that christ loving con artist ark museum thing in kentucky is gonna get the last laugh