Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Genghis Cohen posted:

Just played two sick games of Necromunda - Toll Bridge, from the new Book of Peril, and Murder Cyborg. For both we used the new Badzone rules, playing on a black mat to represent a ‘Stygian Abyss’. Essentially you can only move on gantries, platforms etc. If you fall off them, you can come back to the board next round on a successful initiative check (you fell to a lower level and climbed back up), if you fail, you are OOA as you fell screaming into the abyss!

Made for some great games with loads of people falling to their deaths. I used some Orlocks with a couple Inquisitor-type models, using Bounty Hunter rules. My opponent had a custom Venator gang, featuring an Ambot! Those things are tough to take out. Even though I lost and my newly painted models (the Inquisitorial guys) died valiantly both times, it was a great session.

Pics:
https://imgur.com/gallery/TUggTIX

You played the first one in my shop I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
Just as a heads up, the Necromunda tactics cards are all out of print and GW is, as usual, keeping mum about eventual reprints. The Van Saar set in particular is sold out everywhere and going for straight up stupid money on eBay.

Fortunately some guy on yaktribe made a pdf of all the cards in an easily printable Magic-style format.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Thundercloud posted:

You played the first one in my shop I think.

No, both were played at home. But are you in Birmingham? I know my opponent had played till bridge against someone else the day before.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Genghis Cohen posted:

No, both were played at home. But are you in Birmingham? I know my opponent had played till bridge against someone else the day before.

If your opponent was Mark then it all fits.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Thundercloud posted:

If your opponent was Mark then it all fits.

That's the badger. We are talking about starting a new campaign now. Do you know anyone else local we could get in touch with?

Edit: and are you the chap he's just added to our messenger group?

Genghis Cohen fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jun 18, 2019

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Genghis Cohen posted:

That's the badger. We are talking about starting a new campaign now. Do you know anyone else local we could get in touch with?

Edit: and are you the chap he's just added to our messenger group?

I am the chap added to the messenger group.

I've got a player in my store interested in playing and might be able to pull in a couple of the October guys.

I can provide a table to play on and could possibly Arbitrate a campaign if everyone else strictly wants to play.

I also ordered some TT combat ZM walls for my shop for Necro players.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Thundercloud posted:

I am the chap added to the messenger group.

I've got a player in my store interested in playing and might be able to pull in a couple of the October guys.

I can provide a table to play on and could possibly Arbitrate a campaign if everyone else strictly wants to play.

I also ordered some TT combat ZM walls for my shop for Necro players.

Cool, good to meet you. Don't think I've ever been to your store before, but will try and come round on Friday. I was intending to arbitrate this next round, but I'll let you know how the plan gets on.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Cross posting - I finally played a game of Titanicus - which means I have some non potato camera pictures of my titans.

Puer Magnus

Puer Quaestio

Lupus Callidus and Lupus Mortiferum

House Piger Pictorem - They were frosted pretty badly by GWs varnish which is a shame because I was really pleased with how they turned out at first (especially considering how little effort I put into painting them).

We played 2 v 2, each player controlling a titan for our first game. Ended in a draw after my teammate destroyed the opposing reaver, who careened into his own reaver, destroying it.

All the scenery belongs to my friend. It looked incredibly cool but i'm thinking it would be more practical to play on a flat map as opposed to the forgeworld tiles. We'll probably upgrade it to a battlegroup box between two players for the next game as well before thinking about advanced rules and knights and such.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
drat them some nice titans. I kinda petered out on mine 3/4 through. The warlords are the first time I ever did sub assembly painting and I hate it.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Moose-Alini posted:

drat them some nice titans. I kinda petered out on mine 3/4 through. The warlords are the first time I ever did sub assembly painting and I hate it.

Thanks. I painted the warlord over, I want to say 10 days. The machine parts were pretty fun to paint and the panelling was just kind of busy work. I didn't sub assemble anything on purpose (I forgot the armour panels on the arm weapons and had to super glue those on) - but the arms and missile launchers are magnetised which made painting them and the titan body much easier.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:siren: :frogsiren: WIP :frogsiren: :siren:

There's still plenty to be done here. I've still got to shade and highlight the additional armor panels - I've already taken care of the panels that are part of the body. After that, I've got details to do like the plasma (blue) and lenses (yellow). Still not sure what color to do the missiles, but may go with bone. I'm planning on an urban basing scheme for these models to help offset the green and brass.

And then there's the decals. :shepface:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Safety Factor posted:

Sexy marbling
Those models look so good! Your colors go so well together.

MrFlibble posted:

Smooth Titans
That's a drat smooth paint job on those Titans. So freaking nice!

And yeah, the FW boards look great, but they suck to play on. The AT one probably less so, but raised features that you can't adjust are a pain.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

MrFlibble posted:

Cross posting - I finally played a game of Titanicus - which means I have some non potato camera pictures of my titans.

Puer Magnus

Puer Quaestio

Lupus Callidus and Lupus Mortiferum

House Piger Pictorem - They were frosted pretty badly by GWs varnish which is a shame because I was really pleased with how they turned out at first (especially considering how little effort I put into painting them).

We played 2 v 2, each player controlling a titan for our first game. Ended in a draw after my teammate destroyed the opposing reaver, who careened into his own reaver, destroying it.

All the scenery belongs to my friend. It looked incredibly cool but i'm thinking it would be more practical to play on a flat map as opposed to the forgeworld tiles. We'll probably upgrade it to a battlegroup box between two players for the next game as well before thinking about advanced rules and knights and such.

Nice pics! If you want to try to save the paint jobs from frosted varnish, you can try re-spraying with a gloss coat, letting it dry, then going back over with a matte varnish (maybe not the GW one again). That usually does the trick.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Nice pics! If you want to try to save the paint jobs from frosted varnish, you can try re-spraying with a gloss coat, letting it dry, then going back over with a matte varnish (maybe not the GW one again). That usually does the trick.

Thanks. I did in fact hit the two that got frosted the worst up with ardcoat (never had a problem with brush on varnish ever) and then coated them with lahmian medium and they're alright now.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Lovely little titans, all!

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Great titan pics ITT.

I love that Legio Solaria scheme. If/when they get around to doing Ursus Claws and other scout titan classes I'll be starting a maniple or two.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
rip my dead gay rear end, I just bought the Warlord, Reaver and x2 warhound box when I really shouldn't have

I can't say no to tiny big stompy robots

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Got to do a little trench run against a reaver in Epic last night.

Little overhead of the battlefield before we got started:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
drat it, I wish Android had a cool VFX app like that.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

berzerkmonkey posted:

Yeah same here.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Couldn’t even imagine how sad and awful my life would be without stebes gift to humanity.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

berzerkmonkey posted:

Wait, those laser effects are from an iPhone??

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Wonder how many points would that be in Age of Darkness.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

JcDent posted:

Wonder how many points would that be in Age of Darkness.

Not bothering with unit upgreyyeds and abstracting the pyroclasts and firedrakes a little (enough to fill both a mastodon and a t-hawk)

10 Tactical Space Marines: Tactical Sergeant; 9 Tactical Space Marines 125
Rhino 35

Rhino 35

Rhino 35

Rhino 35

10 Firedrake Terminators: Firedrake Master; 9 Firedrake Terminators 475

10 Firedrake Terminators: Firedrake Master; 9 Firedrake Terminators 475

10 Pyroclasts: Pyroclast Warden; 9 Pyroclasts 285

Fire Raptor Gunship 200

Fire Raptor Gunship 200

Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer 395

Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer 395

Mastodon Heavy Assault Transport 700

Thunderhawk Gunship 685

5,305 points

EdsTeioh posted:

Wait, those laser effects are from an iPhone??

Yeah.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Not bothering with unit upgreyyeds and abstracting the pyroclasts and firedrakes a little (enough to fill both a mastodon and a t-hawk)
Yeah.

What's the app?

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Oh awesome, I was wondering if the newer Vanguard Novan Elites dropshop could be used as a Storm Eagle. Looks great.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

Oh awesome, I was wondering if the newer Vanguard Novan Elites dropshop could be used as a Storm Eagle. Looks great.

My fire raptors are neither of those things.

EdsTeioh posted:

What's the app?

LensFX

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

My fire raptors are neither of those things.

LensFX

Thanks blood!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

EdsTeioh posted:

Thanks blood!

It’s such a dumb app that makes such cool pics.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

It’s such a dumb app that makes such cool pics.

Dude, I've always liked your pics but I assumed you used PS or something. Gonna have to run some pics of the Miracle Violence Connection through this thing!

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

That Cawdor figure that people cautioned was a bit too Klan-y has a skull-face, now.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

And he can't really turn his head due to all the candles.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Did the Tacs manage to do anything?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

JcDent posted:

And he can't really turn his head due to all the candles.

That's very 40k though.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

JcDent posted:

Did the Tacs manage to do anything?

The cerberuses were in their detachment and knocked out the reavers void shields and did a little hull damage, and I think they picked off a Sicaran venator too. Tacs in epic get some pretty powerful unit upgrade options.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:frogsiren: TITANS COMPLETE :frogsiren:
(except for basing and decals)

So I was dumb enough to paint an entire venator maniple at once. These models were honestly a joy to work on and I love the sense of scale each has to it. I'm looking forward to expanding on that with some urban basing down the line, but I've gotta figure out the details first. These are all Legio Solaria and the mottled green was a really nice break from my 30k Dark Angels. I chose Solaria primarily because I was trying to break out from endless black/silver/white/red. I really like painting green, it's why I originally chose Dark Angels way back when. They also happened to be focused on warhounds which are my favorite class. It was an easy choice to make. The green was achieved by starting with a Caliban Green base coat and then sponging on successively paler greens. With each step drifting towards a focal point of a panel, usually the center. The full process is listed below:
1. Base coat - Caliban Green
2. Sponge - Castellan Green
3. Sponge - Loren Forest
4. Sponge - Nurgling Green
5. Sponge - Deepkin Flesh
6. Glaze - 50/50 Waywatcher Green/medium
7. Sponge - Deepkin Flesh
It's easier than it looks, sponging is super quick. I recess shaded with Nuln Oil as I hit the trim as well. Additionally, a couple of the warhounds have aquila decorations on their shin plates. I tried to emulate red sandstone for those as I feel like that'd be a fitting element for a titan legion centered around a hunting cult. I'll carry this forward where I can. I also broke from the scheme shown in the Titandeath book by going for brass trim instead of silver. I feel it works better with the green and isn't lost against the silver of the skeleton. The limited heraldry of Solaria has also been a welcome change from the endless checkers of 30k Dark Angels. They don't really do checkers or stripes like the other titan legions and it's been so nice to not have to worry about those things. Decals will hopefully fill that role.

I'm also breaking with my usual habit and actually naming my models for once. Just seems fitting for this game. As I'm doing Legio Solaria, the Imperial Hunters, I had to come up with a good, fitting theme. It took a while, but I decided to name my warhounds after extinct canids and the rest flowed from there. Reavers are named after living fossils and warlords are megafauna. I'll worry about additional titan classes when they come. If we ever get an imperator, it'll be a dinosaur. :v:

So that's all the boring poo poo out of the way, here are the pictures:
Group shots:

Sphenodon Punctatus:

Xenocyon:

Metatomarctus:

Lupus Spelaeus:

Theriodictis:

Going forward, I need to base, varnish, and get some decals on these things, but my main focus is going to be painting a warlord titan. The rest can wait. I haven't chosen a name for it yet, but I do have plans for a melta/chainfist reaver (Macrochelys) and at least two more warhounds (Lepophagus and Aelurodon). One of those warhounds will be double plasma and the other will be double flamer. I vacillate between choosing the names as they fit a titan's role or just because it sounds good. Lepophagus is a favorite though. It means "hare eater" which seems fitting for a close-in warhound.

Overall, I can't recommend these kits enough. Working to a different scale than 30k/40k is refreshing in itself and the models are fantastic. If anyone's on the fence with Titanicus, grab a box of warhounds and see where you wind up.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Got to do a little trench run against a reaver in Epic last night.

Little overhead of the battlefield before we got started:

Will I find some of those models if I poke around on Thingverse?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Safety Factor posted:

:frogsiren: TITANS COMPLETE :frogsiren:

Those rule.

I have a question about Adeptus Titanicus - I've played a couple of games now and seem to have the hang of most of it (we'll be adding the advanced rules next time) just need some clarity on line of sight.

It says that you need to check if your target is in the arc (simple enough) but then you need to check if you have line of sight to the weapon. I'm assuming that means you can draw a line from the target to any part of your base right? Because otherwise two warlords who were facing each other wouldn't be able to fire their arm weapons at each other (because they're pointing to the left and right).

Also the rules on blast weapons seem to be slightly off - it says they automatically scatter if not in range but that seems like an oversight to me (I mean, scatters occasionally hit and allowing you to do that when you're out of range seems wrong).

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

MrFlibble posted:

Those rule.

I have a question about Adeptus Titanicus - I've played a couple of games now and seem to have the hang of most of it (we'll be adding the advanced rules next time) just need some clarity on line of sight.

It says that you need to check if your target is in the arc (simple enough) but then you need to check if you have line of sight to the weapon. I'm assuming that means you can draw a line from the target to any part of your base right? Because otherwise two warlords who were facing each other wouldn't be able to fire their arm weapons at each other (because they're pointing to the left and right).

Also the rules on blast weapons seem to be slightly off - it says they automatically scatter if not in range but that seems like an oversight to me (I mean, scatters occasionally hit and allowing you to do that when you're out of range seems wrong).

It's not, like, a direct line along the barrel of the weapon, it means rather that if, say, your titan is hull down behind a building so only its right side is exposed to the enemy, the left arm weapon wouldn't be able to shoot even if the titan as a whole has line of sight.

And Blast weapons that fail their to hit roll always scatter, even on a Hit roll on the scatter dice - you use the little arrow on the die in this case. (It's explained under the blast weapon rules.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Giant Ethicist posted:

It's not, like, a direct line along the barrel of the weapon, it means rather that if, say, your titan is hull down behind a building so only its right side is exposed to the enemy, the left arm weapon wouldn't be able to shoot even if the titan as a whole has line of sight.

And Blast weapons that fail their to hit roll always scatter, even on a Hit roll on the scatter dice - you use the little arrow on the die in this case. (It's explained under the blast weapon rules.)

Ok that first one makes sense. My point about blast weapons though is that you can be out of range and it automatically scatters but if it only moves 2 inches from the titan it still hits (since the template starts dead centre on the titan). If you're ten inches out of range that seems like an oversight to me.