Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The most inspiring bit of Hickman's Avengers run is Thor, Hyperion, Starbrand and the rest going off into space to die fighting the Beyonders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That, or Thanos' pep-talk to Ben Grimm.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dan Didio posted:

That, or Thanos' pep-talk to Ben Grimm.

“What time is it?”

Hell yeah that ruled.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
It's never too soon.

Setup: God-Emperor Doom has convinced Ben Grimm to be the living incarnation of his Shield, the beating heart of a worldwide network of walls that separate the various realms of his Battleword. He's done this by lying to Ben about their history, while imprisoning Johnny Storm to become Battleworld's Sun and taking Sue Storm as his royal consort. Thanos has just revealed the awful truth to Ben.

If you zoom in, you see that those birds are actually massive and have people riding on them.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Alternate Version:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

"The great appear great, because we are on our knees. Let us rise." - James Larkin.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Been skimming the Cap discussion last couple of pages, didn't read most of the books y'all are referring to. But this page from Cap 695 never fails to make me a little misty, cause I feel like it gets right at the heart of what superheroes should be about and how they should inspire us in real life - people who have size/strength/money/power/etc using them to protect those that don't.

I remember people criticizing this issue cause it was kind of jarring after the whole Hydra Cap thing, but I didn't read that poo poo so I don't care.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Home of the Brave was phenomenal and I'm happy to die on that hill.

Captain America #698

Was this really from 2017? Man.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I love those last two panels more than I should tbh.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmaoooooo

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
art imitates life

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
A wonderful response to Cap at his most condescending. An acceptable alternative would have been to let him write it and then say "Yup, that sure is a list of things we aren't allowed any more. Real inspirational. Want to lick ice cream in front of the starving children next?"

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
"Well, we're living in a post-apocalyptic dystopia, the aftermath of a nuclear war that destroyed everything we valued. But at least we don't have soldiers quartering in our houses!

Largely because the infrastructure that would allow for standing armies no longer exists, but still!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Angry Salami posted:

"Well, we're living in a post-apocalyptic dystopia, the aftermath of a nuclear war that destroyed everything we valued. But at least we don't have soldiers quartering in our houses!

Largely because the infrastructure that would allow for standing armies no longer exists, but still!"

Looking at Brexit, it's not like the Brits have their poo poo together better than we do.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The-First-Of-His-Name is such an "actually it's a good thing" way to reframe that, it's so drat Loki.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Loki dealing with his frost giant heritage is an interesting story hook, i gotta get on that book.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #310 won Best Issue at the 2019 Eisner Awards.

If you haven't read it you really really should, because it's everything that's great and pure about what makes Spider-Man, Spider-Man.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #310 won Best Issue at the 2019 Eisner Awards.

If you haven't read it you really really should, because it's everything that's great and pure about what makes Spider-Man, Spider-Man.

None of the other nominees had a chance.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

None of the other nominees had a chance.

You speak truth. That issue is one of the best self-contained comics I've read. Zdarsky *knows* the core of what makes Spider-Man special and showed it to us in such a great way.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Unfortunately, if it's the one I think it is, I know how that comic ends. :smith:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Infinitum posted:

Is this a thing that will eventually be in a trade, or should I be buying it as an issue/digitally?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Beachcomber posted:

Is this a thing that will eventually be in a trade, or should I be buying it as an issue/digitally?

He wrote 24 issues of Spectacular Spider-Man, there's already at least 3 volumes of it collected. That issue was towards the end of his run, and given it just won an Eisner, I bet they'll finish out the trades

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

It's on this trade https://www.amazon.ca/Peter-Parker-...ps%2C172&sr=8-4

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You should absolutely buy it all, but if you can't getting #310 is fine as it's a standalone issue.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Infinitum posted:

goddamn

You were right.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

between that and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6, Spidey loves to make nerds cry

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

OK but where do his pants come from

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Gnome de plume posted:

Unstable molecules.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thats his secret

he's always pantsed

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Gnome de plume posted:

pancy street

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

LordSaturn posted:

pancy street

:golfclap:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

LordSaturn posted:

pancy street

Pantastic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
PANASONIC

wait how do we play this game

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

PANASONIC

Okay.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 was a terrible and glitchy mess that never should have been released.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

I'm on Marvel Unlimited time, so am coming to Ms. Marvel #37 later than many. It's a sweet story about a community coming together to protect its smallest and weakest member; in this case, Kamala's baby nephew, who has a series of adventures as he is passed from one person to another, eventually making his way back to his parents. It's a low-key story, but after such a horrible weekend in hellworld America, it was what I needed and had me in tears.

It's hard to pick out a single panel or page, but this sequence features a lot of what I enjoyed about it:

(Don't worry! Sheikh Abdullah is going to be okay.)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
WHOOOK!

I like the lettering. Who did it?

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Joe Caramagna. And I agree, there’s a looseness to the lettering that goes nicely with the rest of the art.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

https://twitter.com/formyths/status/1162419506553094144

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

From Absolute Carnage #1.

Carnage is going after everyone who has ever worn a symbiote, feasting on them in a weird sci-fi way and becoming stronger with each victim. Eddie Brock finds Spider-Man and they assess the situation. During the conversation, Spider-Man asks about Dylan, a boy accompanying Eddie. Dylan thinks that he's Eddie's brother, but Eddie's hiding the truth that he's Dylan's father. Suddenly, Eddie's distracted by the news.

:smith: