Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dec 26, 2012

Yep. +1 attack and double miss damage is still good for fighters though - the extra miss damage goes well with features like Two-Weapon Pressure, which already went well with Comeback Strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Two-Weapon Mastery isn't Double Attack, It's +1 to Melee attacks and a few other piddly benefits with feats.

If you want to fighter/ranger multiclass your best bet is to use a bow and combine ranger crit-seeking with Deadeye and Power Attack.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Animal Companion goes good with everything.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah, the thing where there are different classes of melee attacks so fighter/rogues can only modify their fighter attacks and not get momentum or sneak attack or whatever at the same time, that means most of the typical types of multi classing from other editions don’t really work. The only good multi class combo I’ve found is commander/paladin. Paladin basically gets you your two class talents of heavy armor and martial weapons for free, then you get three more to spend on cool things. Your defenses go up. And most paladin attacks are basic attacks anyway so you can use the command point feature, and you can take the feat to get them when you use a smite. It’s a great combo.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Eyes of the Stone Thief is very fun to run! We made it through the whole first level in half a long session, with the first half as an intro just to give the party something to chase down the dungeon. (They work for the Crusader. "The Empire has imprisoned a demon. Go there, kill it, and bring its head for proof.") Thanks to a few good icon rolls and ideas, they already have an inkling of an idea that this isn't just an earthquake and undiscovered basement. I'm sure we can finish their first visit next time.

Personal highlight so far: they convinced the Doorkeeper with a roll for citing Elven poetry (a +1 background) that you're traditionally allowed not one, but three answers to a mystic riddle. Then got it in one anyway. This may mean that in the future, some other explorers will get in that otherwise wouldn't have...

Speaking of icon rolls, the new system is working out okay so far, but not a lot of players are actively using theirs. Which is okay, cause I can ease into it. And we got mainly 5s and 6s this time so things stayed largely on track.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Every time someone posts in this thread, I keep thinking I'm going to be told that Shards of the Broken Sky is finally up for pre-order. But, no.

waderockett
Apr 22, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

Every time someone posts in this thread, I keep thinking I'm going to be told that Shards of the Broken Sky is finally up for pre-order. But, no.

SHARDS OF THE BROKEN SKY IS FINALLY UP FOR PRE-ORDER

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So, it turns out that my Fighter/Ranger multiclass is still really good as is, even without getting flexible attacks off of Double Melee Attack. Getting double miss damage and getting a +2 to hit on a miss and having a 50% chance to attack twice on the next turn is still pretty good

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

I am extremely annoyed that you lie to me on internet lies day!

....wait, it's real?

I'm kind of afraid to click on the pre-order button for fear that it's some kind of double-double-bluff.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

My Lovely Horse posted:

Eyes of the Stone Thief is very fun to run! We made it through the whole first level in half a long session, with the first half as an intro just to give the party something to chase down the dungeon. (They work for the Crusader. "The Empire has imprisoned a demon. Go there, kill it, and bring its head for proof.") Thanks to a few good icon rolls and ideas, they already have an inkling of an idea that this isn't just an earthquake and undiscovered basement. I'm sure we can finish their first visit next time.

Personal highlight so far: they convinced the Doorkeeper with a roll for citing Elven poetry (a +1 background) that you're traditionally allowed not one, but three answers to a mystic riddle. Then got it in one anyway. This may mean that in the future, some other explorers will get in that otherwise wouldn't have...

My lot got on with the Doorkeeper like a house on fire - after it asked them the duck riddle the first time around, they stopped every time on the way in to catch up, provided it with some new riddles, and rescued it at the end of the campaign

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Rand Brittain posted:

I thought this might be a new one from the Eyes author but ... I dunno, the 13thA adventures by Ash Law were a real mixed bag. Will wait on this until people get their hands on it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

xiw posted:

My lot got on with the Doorkeeper like a house on fire - after it asked them the duck riddle the first time around, they stopped every time on the way in to catch up, provided it with some new riddles, and rescued it at the end of the campaign
Awww. I'm looking forward to the duck riddle. But I also joked about a sudoku or one of those matchstick puzzles.

... if they annoy him or his colleagues catch on to him striking up friendships with intruders, I'm doing the logic puzzle from Dishonored 2.

Was just talking about the organized play adventures in the chat thread, most of which were by Ash Law, and yeah. We tried a few of those and they're kind of too fast and loose even for 13th Age. There's also a bit in the Wild Wood one where the party gets trapped in a time loop and the session after meets some bandits, and that's like, the time loop bit is super cool but also obviously the climax of the whole adventure, there's not much you can add to it and certainly not standard bandits.

e: I'm already thinking about what bit of Stone Thief to run after their first expedition. I think I'll go straight into the council, with the imperial officials asking the party for a full report, then handing the matter over to the Empire's greatest heroes. That's probably gonna annoy them enough to want to pursue things independently, and I'll have introduced the Opposition. The party isn't keen on the Empire at all.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Apr 3, 2019

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Speaking of pre-written adventures, I was thinking of trying one. Obviously everyone's loving the heck out of Eyes of the Stone Thief, but has anyone run or read through The Strangling Sea or Shadows of Eldolan?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

M.c.P posted:

Speaking of pre-written adventures, I was thinking of trying one. Obviously everyone's loving the heck out of Eyes of the Stone Thief, but has anyone run or read through The Strangling Sea or Shadows of Eldolan?

Rppr has actual plays of both of those, the strangling sea was fantastic

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

M.c.P posted:

I ran SoE with a group a couple years ago, and while we didn't get farther than the aftermath of the first encounter due to scheduling issues, it was a really strong first encounter and everyone had a blast.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

M.c.P posted:

I've run both of those, the latter twice - Strangling Sea ended up going a lot faster, probably because the party was more hesitant to go wandering around an ocean wasteland filled with hostile wildlife and ended up making strategic beelines to what they perceived as objectives. There's a decent bit of variety in the encounters, depending on which of the factions you use. Also Inigo Sharpe is weird and memorable enough that you can probably have him come back elsewhere in the campaign and get a pretty good response.

Shadows of Eldolan is a really solid starter imo, there's a lot of opportunities for new players to get used to the different mechanics of the system and it's really wide-open so you have a variety of options for where you want to take the game. Strangely, in both campaigns, the parties took a liking to one of the major antagonists and ended up befriending her (although in one instance this took the form of resurrecting her as a floating skull, which I guess is technically befriending).

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

M.c.P posted:

The Strangling Sea is quite good, but I wouldn't plan on running it straight out of the box; there's quite a lot of "adjust this according to your campaign." But it's an interesting and different setting with lots of possibilities.

thefakenews
Oct 20, 2012

MelvinBison posted:

I ran SoE with a group a couple years ago, and while we didn't get farther than the aftermath of the first encounter due to scheduling issues, it was a really strong first encounter and everyone had a blast.

Um...are you me? This was my exact experience with SoE.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I hope that some of you are not as brainwrong as me, and can actually remember stuff.

There's an adventure for 13th age that has some time looping shenanigans, which I remember was fun and good and I want to recommend to someone- unfortunately, I have no idea what it was called.

Can anyone with a functioning memory help?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wyrd of the Wild Wood has a section like that. It's about a crashed flying realm whose crystal shards wreak havoc in various magic ways in the forest.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

That sounds familiar. Time to check the adventures on the 13th Age site. Thanks!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

I am extremely annoyed that you lie to me on internet lies day!

....wait, it's real?

I'm kind of afraid to click on the pre-order button for fear that it's some kind of double-double-bluff.

I've preordered Shards of the Broken Sky and have been reading through it. Haven't finished yet but it's been decent so far.

The preorder PDF doesn't include maps or art, although you can probably come up with your own if you really must play right now.

Overall, I'd say it feels very old school dungeon-crawly, with an emphasis on exploration and discovery. At the same time, it's not as arbitrary lethal as actual old-school crawls, and it doesn't have the forced edginess of certain OSR publishers who will remain nameless.

There's plenty of flexibility to adapt it to what your group wants to do, whether they want to help people, figure out what's going on, or just loot the ruins.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Eyes of the Stone Thief trip report: slightly disappointing trip through the Gauntlet, mostly because I didn't heed the advice I specifically requested here earlier and used too many rooms, but also because my party was strangely competent at solving puzzles and avoiding traps and nothing too dramatic happened. Overall we spent too much time on that and didn't get to run through the Gizzard entirely, which kinda messes with my pacing but I'll work it out. I ran the forge and the ranger is now walking around with the sword dedicated to himself. As another player pointed out, it's also an original weapon from Grommar's famously lost forge - for that alone it would fetch a pretty penny, but who do you trust enough to sell them the sword that's made to kill you?

In general terms, we're still tweaking the way we want to approach Icon rolls. I posted about the whiffless system earlier. And I still think it's good on paper, but in this session I drew a complete blank on what to introduce as a "Trial" and discussing that spiralled into a discussion about the icon system itself, which kinda killed the session's momentum. So I'm wary about going forward with it. Part of it is that stuff like "you get something but have to pass a trial" is what I'd usually do on a 5. It's easier to fit narratively interesting events into a binary "good/good-but-with-a-catch" scheme than a granular one with specific outcomes.

Our current idea is to go back to the basic system, but bring the strength of your relationship to the icon into it: you roll only once per session for each relationship, but if it's a 1-point relationship you stick with the usual 6-and-5 results, if it's a 2-pointer you get good stuff on 6 or 5, complications on 4 or 3, and if it's the full 3 points you get a favour on 6-5-4 and a catch on 3-2-1, so some result is guaranteed.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

My Lovely Horse posted:

Our current idea is to go back to the basic system, but bring the strength of your relationship to the icon into it: you roll only once per session for each relationship, but if it's a 1-point relationship you stick with the usual 6-and-5 results, if it's a 2-pointer you get good stuff on 6 or 5, complications on 4 or 3, and if it's the full 3 points you get a favour on 6-5-4 and a catch on 3-2-1, so some result is guaranteed.

Oh! Interesting! We may try that...

Yesterday we spent a 3 hr session on just the Belfry and then back into the Arena to (very quietly) puzzle out how to get out of the room and then, when nothing came to mind, collapse the ceiling on top of a sleeping minotaur.

This isn't in the book, but the players were convinced there was a puzzle solution to getting past the rock-covered doors on the far side of the Arena, so I let them place Grommar's Blade on the alter to let the residual power of the shrine to overcome the Stone Thief's rock cover and that worked out pretty well.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The ranger really wanted that sword. Badly enough to run up to a murderous 10 foot minotaur, grab the hilt and give it a good tug. A 30 damage attack set him straight.

My tentative plans for the next phase are:
- have the party summoned before the imperial council to give a report on the Stone Thief's attack
- council tasks the greatest imperial heroes (the opposition) with finding an eye
- party either wants to steal their thunder or gets tasked by their own superiors to do it
- search for the eye, just as the relevant chapter suggests, sprinkling in some familiar environments and subplots based on the PCs' backstory and also introducing the hole where Marblehall used to be, then the Thief swallows the eye's hiding place and we take it from there
- hoping to introduce Dungeon Town during the second trip and have them visit Stoneroost after, but that's all up in the air for now

As for the dice mechanic, it should work out to something similar to the basic method in terms of how much impact your relationships have on sessions. You just trade your number of opportunities for a higher chance. I think it's worth a try!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Had a bit of a brainwave about my plans.

Since my party is firmly anti-Empire and follows the Crusader and High Druid mostly, I'm gonna change things up with two councils. First one's the official Imperial task force to deal with the Stone Thief, consisting of agents of the Emperor, Archmage, Priestess, Great Gold Wyrm, Dwarf King and Elf Queen. They're gonna send the Vengeful Company and maybe the Spellblight to kill the dungeon.

They won't invite the party. The party, by way of their Crusader connections, gets invited to a secret second council, with agents of the Crusader, the Three, the High Druid (that agent will be one of the PCs) and the Elf Queen. Because it pays to rule over both high and dark elves. The secret council is the one to task the party with going after the eyes and binding the Thief.

At least insofar as they can agree on anything, because obviously there will be scheming. Each of them wants the bound Stone Thief for their own. The Three are using the secret council for their own gain and internal power plays, with the Elf Queen it's never quite clear if either of the two agents feeds information to the one on the other council, and anyway the whole thing is the Prince of Shadows' idea, who called the secret council together and from the background plays not only both councils, but also all council members against each other.

The Diabolist, Orc Lord and Lich King are all off following their own schemes for the Stone Thief, but if any of them could be on the secret council, it would be the Lich King. Actually still undecided whether to bring him in from the start.

Really looking forward to this now, it feels like I've unlocked the way to approach both this campaign and 13th Age as a whole. :D

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 10, 2019

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamerGhazi/comments/bq9cw4/designer_of_13th_age_dd_spinoff_game_posts_race/

Reminder that Elfgames are bad and were a mistake.

waderockett
Apr 22, 2012

Every possible thing he could have meant is wrong and bad. (Virulent racists have valuable data that we don't? 8chan kids only think race science is cool because it's taboo? Science exists in a pristine sphere untouched by politics or real world consequences? Mainstreaming "race science" won't lead to mainstreaming racism?)

FWIW, currently 13th Age is 100% Rob Heinsoo's thing, with Jonathan only participating (if at all) on a per-project basis such as Chaosium's 13th Age Glorantha.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

:ohno:

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
So I'm starting a 13th Age Eberron game loosely based around the 4e Chaos Scar adventures, and I'm wanting to write some Apocalypse World-style Love Letters for the PCs. I'm not sure if I should make them more PbtA-y (set up a narrative choice) or more mechanical (since 13A is a more mechanical game). As I wrote the first two, I ended up making them mechanical but focused around penalties, and I'm not sure whether that works or is too harsh.

PCs are a Half-Elf Flame Demonologist (sorcerer who was turned into a living manifest zone to Fernia), Shifter Paladin (recently-appointed Shepherd of the frontier town the PCs are in, borrowing somewhat from Dogs in the Vineyard for inspiration), Half-Elf Ranger (wandslinging bounty hunter with a Mark of Storm), and a Gnome Druid (gnomish scientist, experimenting with the Eberron dragonshards that form in a manifest zone to Thelanis within the Scar).

The first two love letters I've written are as follows:

quote:

A Love Letter to [Demonologist]
The last thing you remember is the fire in the summoning room. Then, an explosion, and then, silence.
A million layers of a city of molten brass, no, a sea of rolling flames, no, a mountain of ash, flash before your eyes in an eternal moment, giving you ample time to lazily count each of the ashes until you forget your entire life's story and have to start over with the next one.
But against all odds, somehow, you remember that you used to walk upright, and know day and night and clothes and words. For an instant, everything stabilizes as a million waves of magma engulf you from every angle, and then, for an eternity, collapse together into a whirlpool of living fire.
And then, you stand, in an empty, charred room.
That was months ago. In the time since you’ve been searching for a way to control this channel that exists inside you. If you don’t keep your emotions in check, the temperature around you begins to rise. Your touch ignites paper unless you focus, which makes researching solutions difficult. After several incidents, and being run out of two separate libraries, you have gathered some knowledge about your situation, courtesy of a local named Werner:

Roll 2d6, and add +2 for your Intelligence to see what you now know:

•On a 6-, you’ve discovered you’re a danger to everyone around you. The town tavern is missing a wall, and you’re in shackles in the town lockup, willingly, until Werner, town guard, works out what to do with you. You’ve surrendered your coin purse to pay for repairs.

Reduce your starting gold to 0, and your possessions are unavailable until your situation changes. Your powers are dangerous for now: If your powers miss an enemy and the attack roll is naturally odd, retry the power with an attack of 1d20+0 against the defense of random ally (who could be a legal target of the power).

• On a 7-9, you’ve found some rituals, time-consuming but necessary, that keep the worst of this power at bay. Werner, local smith and laypriest of Onatar, has fashioned you heavy iron manacles that sap your strength as you move through a very specific series of prayers and supplications. You’re known to the law here as potential trouble, but they haven’t done anything severe (yet).

Spend a recovery after each full rest, or your powers are dangerous as above until your next full rest.

• On a 10+, you have part of a ritual that might undo whatever was done to you, or at least partially stem the flow. Werner, a sage, has said that he knows someone who might be able to complete it with you, if you can get a quantity of Khyber Dragonshards. These magical crystals, found in deep caverns within the earth, have been used by gnomes to bind elemental power inside objects – maybe they bind it more tightly within you too. Your first night in town was loud, but in a good way, and you are well-liked by the locals (so far).

Whatever you roll, you have a cousin in this town – the last relative you know to be alive. Tell us his name, what he does in the town, and why he’s not speaking to you.

quote:

A Love Letter to [Paladin]
It’s been a long time coming, a decade of training and assisting and hoping, but finally you’ve been granted your own station. A tiny one, but still, yours – to be finally trusted with the souls of a community means so much, especially given your heritage. Still, what could they do? Your passion burned so bright, and the Flame’s gifts to you were undeniable.
You are one of the Flame’s templars, called to service in the Faith. Your duty is to shepherd one of the Faith’s isolated congregations, and keep the flame burning within it. You’ll face danger, sin, betrayal; you’ll represent mercy to the sinner and justice to the downtrodden; you’ll root evil out and balance the line between divine and secular law.
You have a badge of office: a long coat, colourful, beautiful, hand-pieced and quilted by your friends and family back in the abbey. To you, it recalls their love and your duty; to others, it’s a powerful symbol of your authority. Write down what colours are in it, what it looks like.
When you arrived at your station, a letter had been left by the previous priest. He didn’t have your Gifts, but he did his best to watch over this strange place. The letter spoke of strange dreams he had had in recent months, of a looming darkness coming to the land. He was old and felt he could not keep it safe alone. And so, here you are – young, inexperienced, but fervent and bullheaded. You didn’t expect your first order of business would be his funeral, but locals say he died in his sleep. And your own dreams have been strange of late:

Roll 2d6, and add +2 for your Constitution to see how long you can bear to linger in these nightmares:

•On a 6-, a dark passage, a hollow chamber, and a pit leading down into endless darkness, its cover cast aside by a great force. And within, a whispering voice. You wake each night damp with sweat. You are sure that whatever evil the priest feared has already reached the town, and began corrupting its residents. Your faith is wavery against the tide of evil you know is coming.

Reduce your starting recoveries by 3, and your recovery dice to d6. Each time you find suitable evidence of evil plots and use them to recruit a new defender of the town and swear them to your cause, restore your recovery dice by one step. When you find a cultist working against the town and stop their schemes, restore a starting recovery.

•On a 7+, a door of white marble, ajar, and a hexagonal room. The centre of the floor hosts a massive stone slab covered in an intricate pattern of runes and sigils. The room is silent, but for a slow thumping. Is it your heartbeat, or something underneath, seeking to escape its seal. You can’t be sure, but you suspect that some may have been drawn to the town by similar dreams, seeking to move aside the stone and free whatever lies underneath. Your faith is tested by these thoughts.

As above, but reduce your starting recoveries by 2, and your recovery dice to d8.

•On a 10+, a closed gate of bright stone, a hooded figure chanting outside and painting symbols in someone else’s blood. For an instant, your eyes met theirs – dark and green. If you can root out this cultist, you have hope this evil won’t take root among your flock at all.

As above, but reduce your starting recoveries by 1, and your recovery dice to d8.

Whatever you roll, tell us something about this evil force, what it’s domain of influence is, and what is it about the Chaos Scar that offers it the possibility of freedom.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The one thing that immediately occurs to me is that the paladin gets a clearly structured way to undo his penalties laid out that suggests a personalized subplot and ways to interact with the setting, which is really great, but the sorcerer does not. I'd expect something about uncovering magic secrets, contacting supernatural beings, that sort of thing. And conversely, if the sorcerer rolls those 2d6 well enough he's basically okay but the paladin still takes a hit.

'sides, man this comes down to style and what your group expects but I'm generally not a big fan of making a PCs bread-and-butter abilities less fun to use. 13th Age is also famed for being the least mechanical and most narrative of the D&D games (and adjacent), you'll be absolutely fine with just giving narrative choices.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

My Lovely Horse posted:

The one thing that immediately occurs to me is that the paladin gets a clearly structured way to undo his penalties laid out that suggests a personalized subplot and ways to interact with the setting, which is really great, but the sorcerer does not. I'd expect something about uncovering magic secrets, contacting supernatural beings, that sort of thing. And conversely, if the sorcerer rolls those 2d6 well enough he's basically okay but the paladin still takes a hit.

'sides, man this comes down to style and what your group expects but I'm generally not a big fan of making a PCs bread-and-butter abilities less fun to use. 13th Age is also famed for being the least mechanical and most narrative of the D&D games (and adjacent), you'll be absolutely fine with just giving narrative choices.

Good advice, thanks. How about these:

quote:

Roll 2d6 and add +2 for your Intelligence to see what you now know. Tell us whether Werner is a sage, a forgemaster, or a town guard. Then, on a 10+, all three; on a 7-9, pick two; and on a 6-, pick one:
• You’ve found some rituals, time-consuming but necessary, that keep the worst of this power at bay. Tell us what the cost of these is.
• You have a lead on a source of Khyber Dragonshards within the valley. These magical crystals, found in deep caverns within the earth, have been used by gnomes to bind elemental power inside objects – maybe they can bind it more tightly within you too. But it’s too dangerous to go alone: tell us why.
• You’ve kept your temper in check. The town tavern is still intact, and you’re not in lock-up. Tell us how you avoided an incident.
Whatever you roll, you have a cousin in this town – the last relative you know to be alive. Tell us his name, what he does in the town, and why he’s not speaking to you.

quote:

Roll 2d6 and add +2 for your Constitution to see how long you can bear to linger in these nightmares. Whatever you roll, tell us something about this evil force, what its domain of influence is, and what is it about the Chaos Scar that offers it the possibility of freedom. Then, on a 10+, pick two; on a 7-9, pick three; and on a 6-, all four:
• The chants are many: the evil force has numerous supporters in or near the town. Name one townsperson you have suspicions about, and why.
• The seal is cracked: the evil force is already free of some of its bonds. Tell us what’s recently changed in the valley to reflects its growing power.
• You looked upon its face, and it looked into your eyes and soul. It knows you’re here, and it sees you as a threat. Tell us what you saw and why you’re scared.
• The blood is fresh, and it’s not from an animal. Who in town is missing, and what brought them to your attention?

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
just to follow up on last month's kerfluffle, Wade has now made a post on Twitter that makes it clear that Jonathan Tweet has nothing to do with 13th age/Pelgrane Press now (including does not receive royalties)

https://twitter.com/13thAge/status/1145801713292460033

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Holy poo poo. I'm surprised by the royalties thing. Thank you, Pelgrane

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
13th Age, an RPG by Rob Heinsoo and Hatsune Miku.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

Der Waffle Mous posted:

13th Age, an RPG by Rob Heinsoo and Hatsune Miku.

I can't do the Miku joke for this one because it means in all the sidebars Miku would have the absolute worst ideas.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

fosborb posted:

Holy poo poo. I'm surprised by the royalties thing. Thank you, Pelgrane

Royalties don’t really exist in the rpg industry.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It's a nice opportunity for a 2nd edition 13th Age with all the Tweet cargo cult nostalgia removed.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

moths posted:

It's a nice opportunity for a 2nd edition 13th Age with all the Tweet cargo cult nostalgia removed.

Maybe monks will be allowed to chill out and not be MAD as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

moths posted:

God yeah. There's a lot of stuff that could really use some iterating on. It'd be great to see a proper 2E.