Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Save edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Save edit, Clifton as a PoV character has great and terrible potential.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

LupusAter posted:

Save edit, Clifton as a PoV character has great and terrible potential.

I agree

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Save Edit as personal preference.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Secret Histories :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Secret Histories

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Save edit. Clifton's expanded the cult before while Kate was away in the narrative, so having him as the Apostle makes sense.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Save Edit

rastilin
Nov 6, 2010
Save Edit

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

edit the save so you romanced clifton instead

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Who are we to argue with the rules of the game?

Besides you are all missing how perfect it it is. Cat died at the end and is also still alive.

Secret Histories

Even let the ritual proceed as it did. No rewrites. Let this story continue. Either Cat and her 9 lives will be reunited with her headstrong lover or she will fail.

Uncanny Valley
Aug 13, 2007

Reveilled posted:

One of the things it provides you is your last promoted cultist, as a sort of instant sidekick. Problem is, our last promoted cultist was Cat Caro, who will therefore appear at the immediate beginning of our apostle playthrough. As far as the game is concerned, Cat is still alive.

Can I split the difference and vote Schrödinger's Cat?

It sounds like we're not voting on the next PC, just which NPC from Kate's run shows up first. Reveilled's storytelling has been excellent so far, so I'd rather they pick the NPC based on what works best for them, and I agree that Cat dying because Kate's research was insufficient is a great Lantern ending, which would be a vote for Save Edit. But Schrödinger's Cat is hilarious, also thematic, and has story potential, so if it can be worked into the apostle run somehow...

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

professor_curly posted:

Besides you are all missing how perfect it it is. Cat died at the end and is also still alive.

Secret Histories

Even let the ritual proceed as it did. No rewrites. Let this story continue. Either Cat and her 9 lives will be reunited with her headstrong lover or she will fail.

This gets my vote. Secret Histories all the way.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

My vote is for Reveilled to choose. I'd be happy with either.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Save edit`

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kate did see Cat die.
Cat saw the ritual differently, and believes that she is alive.
Who is right? Both?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Option C: Teresa

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

The Lone Badger posted:

Kate did see Cat die.
Cat saw the ritual differently, and believes that she is alive.
Who is right? Both?

ooh, this i like. Secret histories.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Maybe have Clifton do one Ascension and Cat do another? If this doesn't work, secret history.

bpACH
Apr 5, 2009
I think that secret histories fits the game best.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Save edit

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008
Everybody saying that save edit is more thematically appropriate is missing the ways in which Cultist Simulator is different from Call of Cthulhu. This is a world where multiple histories can be, and often are, true at the same time, so it's only fitting that Cat Caro be both dead and alive depending on who you ask, especially given that the game mechanics decided that would be the case. Secret Histories.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

secret history because linear time is for loving squares anyway

TracerK
Jun 25, 2013

Sillyman posted:

Everybody saying that save edit is more thematically appropriate is missing the ways in which Cultist Simulator is different from Call of Cthulhu. This is a world where multiple histories can be, and often are, true at the same time, so it's only fitting that Cat Caro be both dead and alive depending on who you ask, especially given that the game mechanics decided that would be the case. Secret Histories.

Sure, that works for me. Voting for Secret Histories.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

professor_curly posted:

Secret Histories

Yeah this. Secret Histories

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Gotta go with Secret Histories here.

The Transhumanist
Jan 2, 2008

Things can get better. You just gotta be willing to take the chance.
Secret histories - Or, how I learned to stop worrying and love the PaRaDoX.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme

professor_curly posted:

Secret Histories

Yes. This. All the stories are true, and all the glorious contradictions are true.

Secret Histories

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I'd really like to see how Cat handles being in a different cult/separate from Kate before seeing maybe how someone else might handle running a cult. She's cool.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Save Edit

Randomcheese3
Sep 6, 2011

"It's like no cheese I've ever tasted."
I'm voting Secret Histories.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Secret Histories

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
Everything is true.

Even false things?

Even false things are true.

How can that be?

I don't know, I didn't do it.

~*SECRET HISTORIES*~

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Secret History.

Her description says that she's "a woman who calls herself Cat Caro". Doesn't mean that she's the same woman. Maybe she's doing it to honor the previous holder of the name. Maybe Cat Caro is a title.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ephemeron posted:

Secret History.

Her description says that she's "a woman who calls herself Cat Caro". Doesn't mean that she's the same woman. Maybe she's doing it to honor the previous holder of the name. Maybe Cat Caro is a title.

Or maybe she's genuine and the Cat Caro who died was an impostor.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Secret history.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

she died but shows up alive, that's pretty much in line with how cult poo poo goes imo

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Something decided to borrow her skin and memories.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Cat Caro, a Shattered Risen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

where the red fern gropes posted:

she died but shows up alive, that's pretty much in line with how cult poo poo goes imo

Yeah wasn't there some other guy who died very publicly but showed up again a few days later to keep being weird? His name will come to me.