Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

You can also get out of the fight without dialogue or dealing damage by using Self-Destruct or using a Phoenix Down with Bone Mail, if you'd count that as skipping it.

Usual "Matrix broke this on PC/Mobile" disclaimer applies, afaik - Self-destruct definitely doesn't work at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta 2019, Run 2, Chaos: Thief / Chemist / ZERK / Chemist

Despite the presence of Chemist (and perhaps because there were two of them), this was a really slow team (slow despite the presence of Thief :v:). Needed a lot of farming obviously, but again, Chemist carries everything once it gets going, though Omega was a real piece of work since I needed to reapply 5 different buffs every time Delta Attack popped up or a Mustard Bomb caught someone weakened. Shin got Power Staffed and Dark Sighed, and NED went down to a team buffed to the gills (though I had to knock out Zerk for a while).

Also this stuff:

Kyrosiris posted:

You know what's stupid? The Brave Blade. You know what loving rules?

:black101: TWO RAGNAROKS :black101:

So I'm :toxx:ing a $5 donation (up to $50) for the first ten people who finish their fiesta with two fuckin' Ragnaroks. Get the first from Shinryu, get the second from stealing it from Neo-Exdeath, and then take a picture during the NED fight of either both equipped or both in your item list to count.
I could've sworn there was still only 9 people on this, but I checked just now and some greedy charity-helping jerk got the last spot. Dammit. I only missed the deadline by like, a week! :negative:

(I'm just showing it off anyway because it took a good while to grab that second Rag before I knew I missed the cutoff, plus I'll probably just kick in the $5 myself for the hell of it)

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

BlackPersona posted:

Not sure if this is different enough to consider it another optional cutscene rather than a permutation of a cutscene, but you can also go to Surgate after you get the Submarine to get slightly different dialogue.

...And also go there during World 3:

I kinda suspected this would be the case. At least for the purpose of the challenge, I'd say they're the same scene, if only because they're mutually exclusive.

Dildo Malone
Sep 14, 2008

i'm doing my first fiesta and i foolishly picked pure chaos now so far i've got geomancer/beastmaster/berserker and my party is in a great deal of pain

Dildo Malone fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 2, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dildo Malone posted:

i'm doing my first fiesta and i foolishly picked pure chaos now so far i've got geomancer/beastmaster/berzerker and my party is in a great deal of pain

What's giving you issues? Beastmaster fixes a lot of problems if you know what you're doing with it. :v:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

ItBreathes posted:

:toxx: I'll either do one this year or find a new job before the fiesta ends.

Also, I'll donate $5 (up to $50) for everyone who gets banned for their fiesta toxx this year, and all $50 if no one (but me) does

Hey, I did it.

Also, I thought there'd be a lot more personal challenges when I made that, as is it looks like I'm just betting that people won't make their donation, which is a bad look, so I'll just go and donate the full $50 when I get home.

Fantastic Foreskin fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 2, 2019

Dildo Malone
Sep 14, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

What's giving you issues? Beastmaster fixes a lot of problems if you know what you're doing with it. :v:

having to look at a guide to find what boss is weak to what specific beast attack and then having the zerk kill the monster before it can be captured a thousand times is An Experience

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Dildo Malone posted:

having to look at a guide to find what boss is weak to what specific beast attack and then having the zerk kill the monster before it can be captured a thousand times is An Experience

Killing your own Berserker is a valid strategy.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dildo Malone posted:

then having the zerk kill the monster before it can be captured

So put your Berserker down for a bit. :v:

Dildo Malone
Sep 14, 2008

three job fiesta here i come

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Smh if you don't just calculate what weapon and how many attacks the zerker needs to do for a catch.

But in all seriousness, page 32 for byblos, chimera for Sand Worm, amd sand bear for Soul Cannon. Should be the only 3 you need since Death Sickles own. Soul Cannon will be difficult though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It'll be worth it in World 3 once you have a Geomancer with a Rune Axe.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I genuinely prefer a Rock Slug for Soul Cannon if I can quickly kill the launchers because slowing Soul Cannon is clutch as gently caress.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

I genuinely prefer a Rock Slug for Soul Cannon if I can quickly kill the launchers because slowing Soul Cannon is clutch as gently caress.

I was just going off your spreadsheet

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

This, and do the Ronka Knight / Aspis(?, the tentacle plant thing in the Karnak plains) to style all over Archaeoaevis.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Nasgate posted:

I was just going off your spreadsheet

Yeah, I need to add the Rock Slug option as a supplement.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Howdy sports fans.

Nasgate posted:

http://imgur.com/a/zxdrgqX

Did a winnerrisk, got Blue sent to the void. My first wipe against NED was a zombie Gaia hammer, which was pretty funny. Especially since my victorious attempt included what you see, berserk toad Krile finishing NED with a Gaia hammer proc.
Counted, counted, and counted, but Nasgate, just to keep things tidy, you wouldn't happen to have another shot of your team alive and unfrogged would you? I'm not gonna cast aspersions over $5, I just wanna maintain a precedent.

Archenteron posted:

:black101: I'M COMING FOR YOUR MONEY FISHMAN :black101:

jaclynhyde posted:

Anyway time to do a less annoying run.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Alright, that's 21 entries! Thank you everyone for your contributions! And with that, my toxx is completed (does this require something more than just saying it here?)

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
sssssssssssssand bear

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Karnak Werewolf has a Wiki page.

quote:

Tsuze, also known as Fang and Tuss, is a minor character in Final Fantasy V. He is a werewolf that appears in the crystal room at Karnak. He was first thought to be a monster out to get the Crystal, but soon shows that he was there to stop the Crystal from shattering. Unfortunately, he fails. In the end, he sacrifices his life for the party to escape the crystal room and the impending destruction of Karnak Castle.

He hails from the village of Quelb of Galuf's World, as one of the werewolves there, noted as his eldest brother in the GBA/mobile/PC version, laments the fate of Tsuze.

Please spend a moment to think about Tsuze the next time you run the Karnak 500.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'm Suzy the wolfguy

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So if Galuf came from one of the meteors, and Tsuze came from another, Krile from the last, who came out of the second? Was it the guy who knows Galuf and died to Garula?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Bogart posted:

So if Galuf came from one of the meteors, and Tsuze came from another, Krile from the last, who came out of the second? Was it the guy who knows Galuf and died to Garula?

Yup

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
why didn't they all come in one meteor

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Bogart posted:

When you have four space potatoes you use them

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Bogart posted:

4 meteors, 4 crystals.

Imo the bigger question is why they didn't send more people. Homeboy couldn't even stop garula.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

jaclynhyde posted:

Thank you--I've matched your extra $20 for not quite getting in on time... I got to level 45 and finished (by giving everyone except Geomancer Throw and spamming Fuma Shurikens on the Almaghest part):

Lenna gave NED one good whack and threw items for the rest of it. I choose to believe the Brave Blade gave them the courage to proceed.

Anyway time to do a less annoying run.

You son of a submariner now I have competition :argh:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
They probably could have avoided everything if Galuf didn't bonk his head.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ultrafilter posted:

:toxx: time.

I decided last year that I wanted to try out all of the regular jobs in a single summer, and so I did it over the course of five runs. It was a blast, and now I want to encourage you to do the same thing. For everyone who uses all twenty regular jobs (i.e., those you have access to before world 3), I'll donate $20 and match your job fair expenses up to the total price of one of each job. Any kind of run is fine except for #fifthjob or some other mode that has you using more than four jobs in a single playthrough.

If you're going to do this, I suggest that you plan ahead a bit. This is going to take at least five runs, and you don't want the last one to be something like Monk/Berserker/Geomancer/Dragoon.

Edit: Since it's come up a couple times, I want to add that there's no requirement to do this in only five runs. I just did that because I didn't want to play more than I did.

Took me 7 runs but I went above and beyond. 25 jobs out of 25 were used in this fiesta. God Oracle is weird but the cleansing - blessing chain saved my butt on NED. My team couldn't eat almagest so I had to jump over it with my sole dragoon then eat whatever attack came next followed by grand cross before I could resurrect people. One of the times was a 600ish damage attack while the dragoon had 320 health. Blessing healed him to full right as he landed and right before NED sent that physical attack his way.

Run 7: Black Mage, Time Mage, Dragoon, Oracle NED was a pain in the loving rear end due to the aforementioned not enough health to survive almagest and not enough damage to kill almagest. I struggled to get all 4 party members back up a couple times. NED would just kill one as soon as 2 were up. It sucked. Had to jump over like 4 or 5 Almagests. I should have just died and killed a mover to get jump on everyone. Would have made life much easier.

Aaaanyway.

Shinryu died to a bunch of Agas and Meteors after a power staff berserked him.

NED died to perservence and luck

25 outta 25 jobs.

Job Fair info:
Run 5: $4 to put in Geo and Knight

Run 6: $8 to put in Monk, Dancer, and Gladiator

Run 7: $9 to put in Time Mage, Dragoon, and Oracle.

Job Fair total $21

edit: I think I'm done for awhile. That was a lot of Fiesta over a few weeks.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 3, 2019

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

agradine posted:

Haven't seen any name based toxxes, so I guess I'll be the first.

:toxx: In honor and memory of the sadly now defunct Let's Play 25 30 Years of Final Fantasy thread by the Good Friends, Ryan and Claire, I will donate $1 for every goon that completes a run with their main character called "Butes" (as pronounced in your finest Southern California accent), up to a total of $25 $30. :toxx:

Edit: I will also accept other Good Friends references, in case FRON is more your speed.

Edit2: Apparently I missed the first name-based :toxx:, nothing wrong with coming second!
Getting in on this, Butes has triumphed

My first triple crown, I was actually hilariously overleveled because I thought levels were the problem. Then I embraced drug use wholeheartedly and realized my foolish mistake.

Omega was a huge rear end in a top hat until I just figured out that a fully 'roided Faris with Regen was basically the only thing I actually needed to win. Well that and RNG not ruining the whole thing with Wave Cannon -> Earthquake.

Omega can't handle his drugs at all, a shameful lightweight

Overall thoughts.... Chemist is an amazing, terrible class because it tries to balance insane power with, "but, like, you gotta remember things," and god drat you Gilgabot give me a different Advance class. Also, Chaos and PureChaos Advance options would be nifty

Darwinism fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 3, 2019

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Popular my rear end

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Popular my rear end

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Counted, counted, and counted, but Nasgate, just to keep things tidy, you wouldn't happen to have another shot of your team alive and unfrogged would you? I'm not gonna cast aspersions over $5, I just wanna maintain a precedent.

Does a picture of the post credits save count?
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/ZJpC0cG

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Got Thief, Red Mage, Ninja and Dancer and am getting stonewalled by W2 ExDeath. I have enough offense and Enkibot tips are helping but my problem is defense and healing. Red Mage only has Protect, and Reflect Rings help immensely but prevent me from casting Cure. ExDeath's physicals and Vacuum Wave are one-shotting me 90% of the time with the party at level 30, is my problem just that i'm underlevelled?

My best strategy so far is to just dedicate all four characters to casting phoenix downs and potions, relying on ExDeath to hurt himself via Reflect and squeezing in attacks whenever there is space. But one badly timed Zombie Breath just fucks me over. I do have Excalipoor and Fuma Shuriken ready to throw when he reaches 7000HP but i'm not even getting that far.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

:homebrew:

:homebrew:

https://twitter.com/ArchenteronSA/status/1146359845123022849

LEVEL 63

Precious treasures in my possession:
4x Aegis Shield
4x Thor's Hammer
4x Thornlet
4x Bone Mail
4x Wall/Flame/Coral/Angel Ring
4x Hermes Sandals
~50+ Elixer
1.5 million gil
60:31 ingame timer

That was interesting and I never want to do it again.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Nasgate posted:

Homeboy couldn't even stop garula.

Soldierguy shouldn't even take damage from Garula. He died to HP Leak, I guess, 'cos he's a dumbass??

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Bisse posted:

Got Thief, Red Mage, Ninja and Dancer and am getting stonewalled by W2 ExDeath. I have enough offense and Enkibot tips are helping but my problem is defense and healing. Red Mage only has Protect, and Reflect Rings help immensely but prevent me from casting Cure. ExDeath's physicals and Vacuum Wave are one-shotting me 90% of the time with the party at level 30, is my problem just that i'm underlevelled?

My best strategy so far is to just dedicate all four characters to casting phoenix downs and potions, relying on ExDeath to hurt himself via Reflect and squeezing in attacks whenever there is space. But one badly timed Zombie Breath just fucks me over. I do have Excalipoor and Fuma Shuriken ready to throw when he reaches 7000HP but i'm not even getting that far.

If you have Reflect Rings you really, really want to get him under half health ASAP. He ditches all the weird, annoying, unreflectable crap and switches to a lot of -ga spells, which help kill him faster.

Vacuum Wave does tend to make paste of characters. Ninja's Image can help with that, Blink lets you soak two physicals (incuding Vacuun Waves), then you can use it again. Under half health a reflected imaged character is very safe. Before that, are your characters all in the back row with Protect? Even in physical heavy teams sometimes I'll hide back there and do half damage to avoid one shots, and your team has access to Throw or rod-breaking to do decent damage even. Zombie Breath is in one specific turn in his action order; use Elixirs or Hi-Pots before it.

If you're having difficulty getting him to the halfway mark, AS A LAST RESORT you can farm up Staves of Light from Metamorphs in Guido's Cave (kill them while they are old men only). Red can break them in combat to cast Holy, which Exdeath is weak to. This is annoying and I don't recommend it but I'd be negligent if I didn't mention it.

Meatdeath is IMO the hardest mandatory enemy relative to most parties' strength at the time. Don't be afraid to use Elixirs and other big guns (for example, yesterday I Hid and stalled out 10k mana of his to make the fight a little easier) and did you farm a Power Staff from the Warlocks in the previous room to chump Shinryu?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

That helped, especially Image, and now he is paste. Thanks for the help!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Jose Valasquez posted:

:toxx:

$25 up to a max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and a one of the wielder attacking NED

Who needs knives, when you have a gun magic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Oh durr, I completely forgot that dead characters lose their costumes. Never mind about making dead Krile a Berserker then since I won't be able to tell the difference. Plain old honor system- besides, I figure the only people crazy enough to try for my toxx want a challenge anyway.

So! Help for me. Upgrade has been interesting, if slow. Thief to Mystic Knight has really helped me appreciate the sheer variety of broadswords. Once I realized that level six magic sword would require more AP than I'd accumulated the entire game to date I figured I'd just stick to level five coming off the Hiryuu Flower. Then I get Ninja and now I'm left wondering- how badly do I really need dual-handed? Do I just run Magic Sword Ninja the rest of the game because none of my four final classes will be anything that good? I don't want to cheat and peak ahead for my final class to see if I get Chemist, but I do want to Triple Crown if at all possible.