Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nocheez posted:

who doesn't know the most obvious bullshit

That's really the highlight of those sorts of things, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Happy goon news makes me happy ^_^ Fly goons fly.
Also had my first protein/yogurt combo today and it wasn't absolutely disgusting!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

My co-worker is abducting me this afternoon to go see the Apollo 11 documentary at a local museum.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

the VA central office is a ghost town right now and my boss told me to leave early so I'm gonna pop an edible and walk around with my camera to take photos of the lovely soon-to-be rained out July 4th celebration

maybe I'll get to see a tank

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
it's da motherfukkin 4th of july tomorrow BINCH

i don't give a single gently caress about ARE NATION all I know is I get to take all of tomorrow off to sleep in, play DW3, and work on my LP

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Catching up with the thread after taking some time off, but I just have to quote this and go EEEEEEEEE :kimchi:

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Chokes McGee posted:

i don't give a single gently caress about ARE NATION all I know is I get to take all of tomorrow off to sleep in, play DW3, and work on my LP

This, but playing bloodstained and watching bojack

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chokes McGee posted:

it's da motherfukkin 4th of july tomorrow BINCH

same, also today is my freedom day because i just finished my probation
and tomorrow a coworker is gonna dye my hair :3:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i have to work normally tomorrow but i think i get extra Freedom Dollars for it :911:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I just found out I get off work on Friday as well as tomorrow, so today is truly a happy day

America is still bullshit though

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

happy two weeks before bastille day everyone

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I have to work normally but my job is walking dogs and playing with them and rubbing their tummies and finding where all the poofy kitties are hiding (maybe under the bed!) and then giving them treats and cookies and taking pictures of them so they’re mommies and daddies can enjoy their vacations knowing their best friends are safe.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Goon Danton posted:

America is still bullshit though

Cat tax:

This is Oshun, who will take every opportunity imaginable to groom you, bite you for trying to pet her, then continue grooming you, which is somehow entirely in line with her namesake. She's the first cat I've had since I was a teenager and I love her to pieces.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Nth Doctor posted:

My co-worker is abducting me this afternoon to go see the Apollo 11 documentary at a local museum.

The Saturn V launch even on my lovely soundbar was impressive. If the museum has a decent sound system hang on to your butt.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

BillyC posted:

Cat tax:

This is Oshun, who will take every opportunity imaginable to groom you, bite you for trying to pet her, then continue grooming you, which is somehow entirely in line with her namesake. She's the first cat I've had since I was a teenager and I love her to pieces.

Dat's a guud kitteh :3

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

BillyC posted:

Cat tax:

happy thread needs more bitey cats. this is what happens every time Janis demands I give her face pets

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TheKennedys posted:

happy thread needs more bitey cats. this is what happens every time Janis demands I give her face pets

my old greymalkin cat, who has clearly had kittens at some point in her life before I got her, communicates her displeasure entirely through smacking.

sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's a boop. sometimes the claws are in, sometimes they're out. It depends on what message she's trying to get across

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Krispy Wafer posted:

The Saturn V launch even on my lovely soundbar was impressive. If the museum has a decent sound system hang on to your butt.

It was indeed one hell of an audio journey. :tviv:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

I really loved that movie. I felt like it gave me a great window on the sixties as an era in style and behavior in addition to being an amazing presentation of the whole journey

it's one of those things where they have footage of everything. like before launch there's a problem with something and they show you grainy security cam footage of the guy who fixed it fixing it. they have continuous footage of the real* moon landing with all the audio. it's really really impressive and if you can see it in IMAX you should

*actually the moon is a hologram

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

oystertoadfish posted:

I really loved that movie. I felt like it gave me a great window on the sixties as an era in style and behavior in addition to being an amazing presentation of the whole journey

it's one of those things where they have footage of everything. like before launch there's a problem with something and they show you grainy security cam footage of the guy who fixed it fixing it. they have continuous footage of the real* moon landing with all the audio. it's really really impressive and if you can see it in IMAX you should

*actually the moon is a hologram

I was fortunate enough to see it in IMAX, but this cut was a bit shorter than the full film. They skip over the valve problem before launch, for example. No matter, CNN broadcast it over the weekend and I DVR'd it, too.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/onetoughnerd/status/1146456488594104320

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I survived my first session at the gym in over 10 years! I ate chicken nuggets and fries to celebrate. Not the healthiest reward, but on the first day... I'm allowing myself a little leeway.

I feel good and very tired. :stonk:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

my cat is norris posted:

I survived my first session at the gym in over 10 years! I ate chicken nuggets and fries to celebrate. Not the healthiest reward, but on the first day... I'm allowing myself a little leeway.

Dope! I'm glad you got through it buddy and I hope you go back again :) Because that will motivate me to keep going too!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

An insane mind posted:

Dope! I'm glad you got through it buddy and I hope you go back again :) Because that will motivate me to keep going too!

My trainer is out for the weekend so I won't be back until next Wednesday, but I have some body weight exercises to perform as a sort of homework! LET'S KEEP KICKING rear end!!

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Not tomorrow though! It's a recovery day!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

my cat is norris posted:

Congrats. The secret is to go consistently. Even if you're hung over and feel like poo poo and all you can manage is to get dressed and walk on the treadmill for 10 minutes it's better to go than not to go.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Everything worth doing is worth doing poorly.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
the most important thing is that you won’t ever regret going to the gym or working out, even if it’s only 30 minutes a day, no matter what you do for the rest of the day you can be satisfied that you did something healthy for yourself. For this reason I always go in the morning.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

kumba posted:

Everything worth doing is worth doing poorly.

Don't I know it! :razz:

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Krispy Wafer posted:

Jillette Penn has a cute anecdote in one of his books about watching the space shuttle get launched from across a swamp 3 miles away. He said that the most perfect comedic timing in the world is the difference between the speed of light and sound over 3 miles, long enough to see the shuttle start lift to off and half think something to the effect of "I thought there would be more noise" before hit in the face by a baseball bat of sound louder than anything you could possibly imagine.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The first few weeks in the gym are going to hurt a lot and you'll be stiff and sore often. But after 2 weeks or so it really eases off. Just be ready for that and know it's temporary.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

That Works posted:

The first few weeks in the gym are going to hurt a lot and you'll be stiff and sore often. But after 2 weeks or so it really eases off. Just be ready for that and know it's temporary.

Yeah I'm stiff as a board atm. It's also really hard to listen to my body and stop when I want to keep going.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

An insane mind posted:

Yeah I'm stiff as a board atm. It's also really hard to listen to my body and stop when I want to keep going.

Good! If you have access to a hottub it's really nice for the initial workout / heavy workout soreness.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
and be sure to cool down with some STRETCHES!

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Happy thread, sorry for all the gym talk.

Have a picture of my cat being slightly annoyed at me walking past while he's resting.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Good cats itt

I had a severe allergic reaction a few nights ago and had to be rushed to the hospital.

Now my body is covered in hives and I'm pretty itchy but I'm still around which I'm pretty happy with :)

Pro tip: If you're gonna move an old bird's nest, make sure you're not allergic to fleas. loving things are crawling with them apparently! Gonna wear a full plague doctor's outfit whenever I go gardening in the future.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

My smaller cat pooped on my bed today while the door was closed for like 2 minutes while I was getting her breakfast ready

Also here they are

Left one is the pooper but she’s usually very quiet and calm, right one is a huge snuggle bug but today he’s being a real dickhead and attacking my feet at like 4AM and crying for attention. 4 mos and 5 mos

Toxic Mental has issued a correction as of 15:00 on Jul 4, 2019

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Liar, those two have clearly never done anything bad ever.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Toxic Mental posted:

My smaller cat pooped on my bed today while the door was closed for like 2 minutes while I was getting her breakfast ready

Also here they are

Left one is the pooper but she’s usually very quiet and calm, right one is a huge snuggle bug but today he’s being a real dickhead and attacking my feet at like 4AM and crying for attention. 4 mos and 5 mos

We have to lock our boy cat in a room while feeding since he's on special food. We discovered quickly we can't lock him in the bathroom because he sees a giant white private litter box and is all "don't mind if I do =^__^="

he is perfectly fine in all other aspects

cats are dumb sometimes but I love em anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Well in earthquake news "the big one" finally hit a fault line near LA.... in the middle of death valley, hurting no-one. Hopefully that relieved some pressure and we don't have to worry about any more for a while now!

Also, at that democratic debate watch party we all got a kick out that crazy lady on the left. Turns out she's also funny on twitter!

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/186123937724383232

(Hope I didn't get that from this thread lol)

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 22:57 on Jul 4, 2019