Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Yoshi Wins posted:

Does anyone experience a bug where you suddenly look up or down and start spinning 360 degrees very fast? It comes absolutely out of nowhere, as far as I can tell. It happens to a friend of mine as well. I've never seen this happen before with another game.

Do you by any chance use Synergy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

It’s not your pad.

Try a different mouse to see if that’s your problem, and clean the lens on the one you’re using. If the issue persists you’ve got a software problem.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

The mouse is plugged into the computer, and I don't use Synergy. I'll make sure it's clean.

The quest continues.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Me, being the dummy I am, accidentally bought extra floor tickets to the OWL Grand Finals. What's the best way to sell them? Reddit? StubHub?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Streamers competing in popular Workshop modes right now for $25,000
https://www.twitch.tv/twitchrivals

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Deathy McDeath posted:

Me, being the dummy I am, accidentally bought extra floor tickets to the OWL Grand Finals. What's the best way to sell them? Reddit? StubHub?

Reddit for face value, StubHub for higher, neither if you're a moron like me and attached them to a package you can only get at will-call :sigh:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

flakeloaf posted:

Reddit for face value, StubHub for higher, neither if you're a moron like me and attached them to a package you can only get at will-call :sigh:

Are you talking about the grandmaster package?

Because....uh...

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Yup. :shrug: Whatever, should still be fun.

Rule #1 about flipping things: Never buy anything you aren't willing to use yourself.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Did Junkrat's suicide vest get nerfed to be a random chance at some point? I feel like it's only dropping my bombs like 40% of the time right now

with no DVAs to be seen

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Probably a bug.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Sockser posted:

Did Junkrat's suicide vest get nerfed to be a random chance at some point? I feel like it's only dropping my bombs like 40% of the time right now

with no DVAs to be seen

You have to make sure it's a Reaper that kills you, then they will work 100% of the time

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Sockser posted:

with no DVAs to be seen

Nah it works fine. I can tell by how much I die to it.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Sockser posted:

with no DVAs to be seen

What is your Resolution?

if you have low graphics a lot of stuff like that will not be rendered, it will still work just explosions and lots of small stuff and decals will be disabled.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Why are they enforcing role queue for quick play. Am I the only one who picks heroes per map rather than “role” (never not be roadhog on well or temple) or likes switching to Moria if the other team has an annoying Genji/Pharah/Tracer. :ohdear:

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Because they need to align it with Comp. You can still use the quick play in the Arcade if you like the "old" way of doing it.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Nutsak posted:

Because they need to align it with Comp. You can still use the quick play in the Arcade if you like the "old" way of doing it.

Oh cool, that’s an acceptable alternative if they add that mode. Bonus of not having to mystery hero for weekly boxes too.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
This role queue sounds prohibitive to fun. Last week I joined a 6 DPS comp LFG and we won 3/3 games. It was fun and goofy and we had a great time. I guess messing around with non 2/2/2 groups isn't allowed anymore. :(

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

role lock is better for the health of the game because it'll be much easier to balance. role queue is good because now you'll never have a game where half your team is stuck on off roles and you get poo poo on because the other team was given a more balanced set of players

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
role queue in qp looks like it will kill the game. it's a level of self-own that makes me suspect that the devs actually despise the game and want it to fail.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 23, 2019

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

they already limited it to one hanzo per team and now I can't even be the fifth dps

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Quick play DPS queue time: >10 minutes

How do you really see this going?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

No Wave posted:

lol I like playing Baptiste so idk not badly?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

No Wave posted:

People will click the "Arcade" button instead of the "Quick Play" button, since there will be Quick Play Classic in the Arcade.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

No Wave posted:

It's good for literally everyone who is willing to play a tank or healer ever. It even means we get to play DPS sometimes; the way things are now there are usually three snipers locked in before I can even finish loading, so if I'm willing to tank then I have to tank or we lose, but now you sometimes luck into hitting a DPS slot and then you actually get to try something new. People love going on about how much WaCkY FuN it can be to run 6 DPS but in my experience it mostly just means you gently caress around and die alone the whole match. Sounds like arcade material to me.

The only people role queue hurts are DPS one tricks, and it hurts their queue times precisely because there are way too loving many of them. If they leave, good riddance.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

oh I'm familiar with the insane bitter support player arguments who want revenge on the vile deeps. the same thing happened in hots and they reverted it in a week because the player base halved.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

No Wave posted:

oh I'm familiar with the insane bitter support player arguments who want revenge on the vile deeps. the same thing happened in hots and they reverted it in a week because the player base halved.

you are so smart. what other predictions do you see

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Overwatch is a massively bigger game than Blizzard's dying moba

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

No Wave posted:

You are in the minority, just so you know.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I've been playing on the PTR and 2-2-2 has made my playing experience %100 better.

Yes I do play support and tank, why do you ask?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

teagone posted:

You are in the minority, just so you know.
On this forum? No question.

On the plus side the new arcade game mode should count for weekly arcade loot box wins so I guess the dirty deeps win after all.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 23, 2019

megane
Jun 20, 2008

No Wave posted:

On this forum? No question.

Maybe Reddit is more your speed.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

megane posted:

Maybe Reddit is more your speed.

That's not quite the burn you think it is

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there are obvious downsides to role lock but the positives should outweigh the negatives. I guess we'll see how it pans out but I think it'll make the game better

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I could see quickplay becoming obsolete. You would just practice a different role in your other competitive queue or in quick play classic. I really don't see the point of the role queued QP, though I've never seen the point of QP anyway.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

headcase posted:

I could see quickplay becoming obsolete. You would just practice a different role in your other competitive queue or in quick play classic. I really don't see the point of the role queued QP, though I've never seen the point of QP anyway.

it's literally meaningless because the old (bad) mode will be available in arcade

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's literally meaningless because the old (bad) mode will be available in arcade

QP exists because comp is for people who legitimately want to get better at the game.
QP is like ok play the game as intended but not at a competitive level and/or practice a new role for comp but wanting to get better with the character before you jump in the deep end.

It would be awesome if fighting games for example had 2 queues one for the people just pushing buttons and one for the people who want to be good. keep all the ragequitters who need to protect their points in the kiddie pool.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

I like QP because I like not giving a poo poo if I lose and even if I don't really care about my rank number in OW seeing it go down still triggers a part of the subconscious that makes it feel bad.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

As a support main, having 2-2-2 is a Christmas gift come early. I've been getting burnt out on the game and when you are the only healer in a team of 5 DPS, or having your other healer or your only tank switch off to torb/widow because they dive solo, or having some kid rage and switch off to a fourth healer because "you guys aren't doing it right" only to immediately switch off when they die or...

The game really isn't fun when you are forced to solo-heal/tank and it's really annoying when I want to practice DPS but it is slam picked. Having 2-2-2 might hurt the flexibility of the game, but overall I think it will be a boon.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

AkumaHokoru posted:

QP exists because comp is for people who legitimately want to get better at the game.
QP is like ok play the game as intended but not at a competitive level and/or practice a new role for comp but wanting to get better with the character before you jump in the deep end.

It would be awesome if fighting games for example had 2 queues one for the people just pushing buttons and one for the people who want to be good. keep all the ragequitters who need to protect their points in the kiddie pool.

that's literally what quickplay classic is for it's just a different menu really not understanding your rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Caitlin posted:

that's literally what quickplay classic is for it's just a different menu really not understanding your rage

I don't have any rage I was explaining the point of QP in general. I personally welcome 2-2-2 as I'm a tank/sup main.