Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/c814w2/hitmanforum_user_hardware_has_solved_the_golden/

noir filter (blindness from sgail musician) as well as a sweet fedora

for testing: does receiving this new suit violate suit only? does it count as a suit? does it count as a different disguise than your suit?

e: no, yes, no. the hat isn't considered to change the disguise, and in the "disguise worn" it won't show the hat at all. changing disguise from the hat then back into your suit will remove the hat.

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Suit only on the Santa Fortuna special assignment is somehow even more miserable than Bangkok was, with a single route but way more opportunity for the AI to randomly screw you over by behaving erratically. I guess it's counterbalanced by the fact that it's so trivial as to be utterly pointless if you're not doing suit only. :v:

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I have carefully considered the Concept 5 pistol and it is possibly my favourite weapon for going loud with.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Am i going mental, or could you unlock weapons in Contracts/Bloodmoney for your hideout by carrying them out of levels? And then you could start a level with them from there on out?

I want that for this game for weapons and disguises. I want to run around Whittlington Creek dressed as a Scarecrow armed with a broadsword.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Drunken Baker posted:

Am i going mental, or could you unlock weapons in Contracts/Bloodmoney for your hideout by carrying them out of levels? And then you could start a level with them from there on out?

I want that for this game for weapons and disguises. I want to run around Whittlington Creek dressed as a Scarecrow armed with a broadsword.

No you aren't, that was definitely a thing you could do in 2, Contracts and Blood Money. Although Contracts always locked you to just Silverballers and the occasional sniper rifle and you only got to use the weapons you unlocked/carried out on a replay.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Basil Carnaby is such a stupidly easy mission I have to wonder if there was much thought put into it. I did it once the "real" way by infiltrating his building and the 2nd time the "joke" way i.e. by approaching him right as he walks out at the start of the mission, tossing a duck at him, then running the hell out of the map after he asplodes. Although I will say, you still get Hunted/In Combat for that, so the easiest kill of the game to me is still the lawyer in Bangkok---you can wait til he's behind the little wall near the end of the map, toss your explosive duck over it, and once he blows up you're pretty much free from suspicion.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

DLC Inc posted:

Basil Carnaby is such a stupidly easy mission I have to wonder if there was much thought put into it. I did it once the "real" way by infiltrating his building and the 2nd time the "joke" way i.e. by approaching him right as he walks out at the start of the mission, tossing a duck at him, then running the hell out of the map after he asplodes. Although I will say, you still get Hunted/In Combat for that, so the easiest kill of the game to me is still the lawyer in Bangkok---you can wait til he's behind the little wall near the end of the map, toss your explosive duck over it, and once he blows up you're pretty much free from suspicion.
You can kruger him in the head almost from the starting spot without anyone seeing you shoot.

The Bank's sight ranges are all kinds of hosed up. People can see you drag bodies through frosted glass on the top floor.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

DLC Inc posted:

It's funny because the lawyer is the hardest/most tedious person in the game to kill elegantly, imo. This is because he doesn't eat from the same platter every time he checks out the buffet, and there's not really a decent vantage point to snipe him from.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
The balcony of 47's suite has a clear shot to him while he's talking on the phone at the start of the level.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

deadly_pudding posted:

It's funny because the lawyer is the hardest/most tedious person in the game to kill elegantly, imo. This is because he doesn't eat from the same platter every time he checks out the buffet, and there's not really a decent vantage point to snipe him from.

He eats from the same plate FIRST every time through, and I assume in a consistent order thereafter. It's trivial to start the level with a poison in your pocket, run up to the proper plate, poison it, and run away to do whatever else.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

An elegant kill, a good kill, is most important. Everything is easy when you know the level.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

elf help book posted:

He eats from the same plate FIRST every time through, and I assume in a consistent order thereafter. It's trivial to start the level with a poison in your pocket, run up to the proper plate, poison it, and run away to do whatever else.
I don't think that's true in master, unless they changed it since 2016.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Pilchenstein posted:

I don't think that's true in master, unless they changed it since 2016.

I was literally just doing a master suit only run that started by running over and poisoning him immediately, just a couple of days ago. He always eats from the same plate first, the same plate second, etc etc.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIzhGZ0_F0A

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

where the red fern gropes posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/c814w2/hitmanforum_user_hardware_has_solved_the_golden/

noir filter (blindness from sgail musician) as well as a sweet fedora

for testing: does receiving this new suit violate suit only? does it count as a suit? does it count as a different disguise than your suit?

e: no, yes, no. the hat isn't considered to change the disguise, and in the "disguise worn" it won't show the hat at all. changing disguise from the hat then back into your suit will remove the hat.

Nice, a maltese falcon reference.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

The Bank's sight ranges are all kinds of hosed up. People can see you drag bodies through frosted glass on the top floor.

The bathrooms seem hosed. People in the lobby can spot you through the walls in the robber bathroom and its either the security guys or the investment bankers that can spot you through the bathroom walls upstairs across from the security office.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

July roadmap is out, with a first look at the final sniper map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuRnzRRpIdE

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Good to know, thanks.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

And the non-video version: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-july-roadmap/

quote:

July 30/ Anniversary Outfits FREE with IOI Account
They are finally here!

We promised a little while ago that we’d make these suits available for purchase, but we’ve gone one better and made them FREE for everyone that signs up for an IOI Account, which is also free!

On July 30th, everyone with an IOI Account (and anyone who signs up afterwards too!) will get the full Anniversary Outfit Bundle, including characters from our classic games.

The Futo Suit
The Lynch Suit
The Freedom Phantom Suit
With an IOI Account, you’ll also receive updates on the latest HITMAN 2 news, announcements from the studio and more rewards like this!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

quote:

July 30, you’ll be able to play and create your own Contracts on the opening mission from HITMAN 2.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wonder how many people actually play Sniper Assassin missions. I played the latest one literally once and then went back to playing the normal game instead.
It feels like one hell of a waste of devtime.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Jack Trades posted:

I wonder how many people actually play Sniper Assassin missions. I played the latest one literally once and then went back to playing the normal game instead.

I played the first one a bunch while waiting for the full game to come out, but then it did, and none of the mastery progress or achievements were carried over. Kinda killed my enthusiasm.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I kinda feel like the ICA were overkill for dealing with a street magician and the mission reflects that but I did encounter a fun bug during the five minutes it took to come up with a pair of master difficulty guides :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qruIJy0DXGA

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

What's the max number of targets you can specify in a contract?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

I’ve never actually tried them despite putting tons of time into the rest of the game haha.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
I really like the concept of the Sniper Assassination missions, but their execution is annoying in three ways:

1. Panic spreads WAY too quickly, especially over what should be accidents.
2. Progression is really, really slow. It doesn't feel like any one run significantly advances your Mastery.
3. Mastery doesn't actually unlock anything beyond that one map. The normal missions will give you tools to use in other maps, but the Sniper maps are each their own little island.

Fix these issues, and I'll be much happier with sniping people at weddings, kidnappings, and frozen gulags.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

think I like the sniper map more than the bank map

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Wizard of the Deep posted:

I really like the concept of the Sniper Assassination missions, but their execution is annoying in three ways:

1. Panic spreads WAY too quickly, especially over what should be accidents.
2. Progression is really, really slow. It doesn't feel like any one run significantly advances your Mastery.
3. Mastery doesn't actually unlock anything beyond that one map. The normal missions will give you tools to use in other maps, but the Sniper maps are each their own little island.

Fix these issues, and I'll be much happier with sniping people at weddings, kidnappings, and frozen gulags.
They've announced that the last sniper map will unlock a silence rifle for the rest of the game.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

mp5 posted:

What's the max number of targets you can specify in a contract?

Five

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The sniper missions would be more fun if you could move around some on the ledge and instead of shooting twenty people there were a few mini missions of three-five.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

SelenicMartian posted:

They've announced that the last sniper map will unlock a silence rifle for the rest of the game.

And that's... good. It addresses the least consequential complain I have. In fact, it'll just exacerbate the other two issues. Unless you unlock the rifle just for owning the mission, you're looking at around 100 runs to hit Mastery 20.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

RBA Starblade posted:

The sniper missions would be more fun if you could move around some on the ledge and instead of shooting twenty people there were a few mini missions of three-five.

The sniper missions would also be more fun if you didn't have to unlock the same rifle stuff every God drat time, so there'd be some sense of progression.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

My main problem with sniper levels is how even accident kill bodies will cause panic, so you are left with all bodies having to be hidden which is incredibly restrictive on where and when each target can be killed, and any mistakes will chain into whole map panics due to the only solution being making more bodies.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Yeah, the Patient Zero Colorado mission is practically identical to a sniper map, but using main game mechanics for accidents and alarms being localized to whoever's actually nearby when you mess up makes it a lot easier.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I've exhausted all the content in the mobile sniper assassin game several times over, I've done so with hitman 2's starter sniper level and I'm going to do so with the addons. They're fun as gently caress puzzle-solving content where the solution lies in splattered skulls in just the correct order with clever little tricks hidden everywhere. I can understand where the frustration might lay with these levels but I've always been okay with dealing with my mistakes :smug:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just bought the Hitman 2 Gold Edition. I had Hitman 1 but never got past the movie theater Mission, should I play through the legacy pack, or just jump straight into 2.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Turtlicious posted:

I just bought the Hitman 2 Gold Edition. I had Hitman 1 but never got past the movie theater Mission, should I play through the legacy pack, or just jump straight into 2.

Legacy pack! The levels are awesome and build up through the game.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I'm quite pleased that Nightcall is getting a Contracts Mode. It's a really interesting map with a lot of potential (neat on-map items, a lot of paired patrols, the whole way people respond to Alma locking down or the truck blast, etc.).

Should've had it from the start though.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So i picked up the standard edition of Hitman 2, fired it up and played the first mission, then quit.

Next thing I know it's downloading like another 20ish gig of data and when i fire it up i can see all of the levels from the first game as well as the patient Zero one.

What's the deal here? Is this some kind of limited time trial or do i not need the legacy pack if i had the original game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Turtlicious posted:

Don't feel like you have to play through all of the Legacy Pack first, if something feels awkward to you put it aside and try a different level for a while.

There are a couple of maps in the Legacy Pack that are kinda bad, but also some that are the very best the game has to offer, and the item unlocks you get in one place can be used anywhere.