Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What makes DRK and GNB different? I like DRK's aesthetic slightly more but they're pretty similar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

FactsAreUseless posted:

What makes DRK and GNB different? I like DRK's aesthetic slightly more but they're pretty similar

Guns.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I can only hope the spoiler I moused over was fairly early and not end game poo poo. I forgot to never read the thread until you are done.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Vermain posted:

I don't think anyone except lunatics are expecting people to be doing mass pulls in leveling dungeons in the first week of an expansion's lifecycle. I'd rather people act in a way that's predictable enough for me to be able to plan around cooldown usage instead of doing single pack pulls until they decide to suddenly pull everything in an entire corridor at once.

I got to enjoy the pleasure of a dps running ahead to pull more back to us when he decided the healer and I weren't pulling big enough in the 73 dungeon. Decided I'd stop actively pulling aggro back from him, but the healer kept him alive anyway. :sigh: Went back to trusts after that to see more of the dialog.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

:ok:

If anyone has a real answer let me know

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The servers are dead RIP

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Is damage for Apex Arrow also linear? Is there an optimal time to use it?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The servers are dead RIP

God dammit, I thought my internet, which has had a history of fuckery for the past few months, went down again. Well so much for resetting my router.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

:ok:

If anyone has a real answer let me know

Gunbreaker seems focused heavily on long combos, Dark Knight on keeping specific buffs up and running.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The servers are dead RIP

It was me I tried to talk to Alphinaud and FFXIV saved me from myself.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The servers are dead RIP

It happened in the middle of a dramatic cutscene too! :mad:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The bigger crime is that it happened while I was in the middle of taking screenshots, goddamnit.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 4, 2019

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The biggest crime is that it happened halfway through MSQR.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Cool, crashed on the next to last boss of Prae. I get nothing for 45 minutes work.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The servers are dead RIP

We were at 5% on my first time in the level 73 trial after a few wipes :(

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kaubocks posted:

startup was taken into account with the math. it doesn't matter; damage scales linearly

I can't tell you how glad I am to see this.

As for Barrel Stabilizer, I just use it to set up my Wildfire since they have the same CD and burn the rest of my heat on Hypercharge ASAP without stepping on Drill and Hot Shot. There's no real need to bank heat in preparation for Wildfire with Barrel Stabilizer being what it is.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Saint Freak posted:

Cool, crashed on the next to last boss of Prae. I get nothing for 45 minutes work.

That's happened to me a couple times, never gets less annoying.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
Servers are down for the next 4 hours?

Makarov_
Jun 10, 2006

"It's our year" - Makarov_ January 2018
Since I can't reach a data center, I'll post a screenshot of my new glamour.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Servers are down for the next 4 hours?

No, I think they just hiccuped. I got back into Ultros anyway. Maintenance isn't for quite a few hours.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I was on the 2nd to last boss of Praetorium gently caress

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
a casual 1,924 players in queue

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im doing the 77 dungeon at about 3/4 to 79. will the MSQ be enough to get me to 70 or should I MSQDR

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

funkmeister posted:

I got halfway through, then kicked out to desktop. Now I keep getting 2002 errors.

Yeah, just the way I wanted to spend the 2 hours of free time I had tonight.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
In the login queue. Decided to revisit my screenshots folder, browse some I've taken in ShB. Scrolling to the ending section was the best worst idea.

Makarov_
Jun 10, 2006

"It's our year" - Makarov_ January 2018
Watching the Primal Data Center sink into the Ruby Sea

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Blast of Confetti posted:

im doing the 77 dungeon at about 3/4 to 79. will the MSQ be enough to get me to 70 or should I MSQDR

Never MSQDR.

But that dungeon will probably be close to a quarter level anyways. Round it out with some fates or hunts, but don't subject yourself to MSQDR.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Never MSQDR.

But that dungeon will probably be close to a quarter level anyways. Round it out with some fates or hunts, but don't subject yourself to MSQDR.

Always MSQDR, it's great experience and is really easy.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Anyone else feel like the changes to Ninja were intended as quality of life updates, but instead made the class a lot more complicated? Specifically Meisui. I feel like Meisui was made to give an incentive for ninjas to use the single target Tenchijin instead of the more damaging aoe Tenchijin in single target situations, but it now means I have to watch a lot more cooldowns and my meter and try to weigh the benefits of using Suiton instead of Raiton when my mudras come off cd.

I don't know if I'm a big fan of the changes, honestly.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Always MSQDR, it's great experience and is really easy.

Plus poetics if you still want to buy some level 50/60/70 gear.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

funkmeister posted:

3,249 here. :suicide:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Wow this loving queue is insane. Started at 2200 like fifteen minutes ago and now it's down to 1289. At this rate my gf will probably get home before I can get logged in and it will be time for me start working on dinner, drat.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MSQR is 10+ million EXP for watching Netflix for a half hour.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
hey can anyone figure out what exactly is going on here?

i'm trying to figure out what he's wearing. that's clearly a ribbon (ramie, i think) with the winter sweater and I'm guessing the cuffs have to be gloves? somehow

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Still getting that stupid 2002 error. Come back lobby server!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thumbtacks posted:

hey can anyone figure out what exactly is going on here?

i'm trying to figure out what he's wearing. that's clearly a ribbon (ramie, i think) with the winter sweater and I'm guessing the cuffs have to be gloves? somehow

Those're Griffin Leather Cuffs, which are usually pretty cheap on the MB, and probably even cheaper if you get them crafted.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

rantmo posted:

Still getting that stupid 2002 error. Come back lobby server!
It's on Crystal too

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

can we unlock beast tribes yet? I don't even know who they would be other than some faeries maybe.

Beast Tribes get rolled out slowly over patches. Nu Mou seem like an obvious option for beast tribes, and Dwarves maybe could be? If they were to do Fairies too, that'd put two in the same zone though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Just spent 40 minutes in a 2000 person queue, then when it's finally my turn, whoops "the lobby server has encountered an error", aaaahhhh.