Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Gringostar posted:

also wasn't there a story about how the fbi/cia mostly get applications from people that graduated from right wing universities like liberty and such so that's what they're mostly staffed with now?

I dunno about Liberty U but they definitely have a lot from BYU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

it's a job you can only give to the shittiest, most unfun people. don't mean the snitching part, anyone can do that, but the entry requirements are basically 'be a loving square who has never lived.'

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CuddleCryptid posted:

It's about the death of a baseball player with the number 45, I believe.

Tyler Skaggs of the Los Angeles Angel's of Anaheim was found dead in his hotel room in Texas at age 27. His jersey # was 45.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GoluboiOgon posted:

or perhaps the john birch society was secretly a russian psy-op too?

Well duh

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1146157344423890946

Nice. After he went on his stupid flag rant a week ago and included a bunch of openly homophobic poo poo, I reported him. Glad to see enough other people did the same.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

jfood posted:

it's a job you can only give to the shittiest, most unfun people. don't mean the snitching part, anyone can do that, but the entry requirements are basically 'be a loving square who has never lived.'

it's pretty much impossible to have human intelligence anymore because none of the CIA's recruits can actually do the kind of shady poo poo you'd need for real undercover work. imagine a BYU choir boy trying to chew khat in Somalia without retching.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

jfood posted:

yeah, to get a top secret you need to either be super square or lie, and unlike the Pentagon, the FBI hates liars.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
tbh I object to the term "right-wing personality" because it implies they have one

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

jfood posted:

Mormon's get a bonus (for CIA) because (due to their missionary work) they actually have some experience abroad and foreign language skills.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

wandering around foreign countries with subpar language skills, trying to rope the locals into some self-destructive bullshit.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

FMguru posted:

Mormon's get a bonus (for CIA) because (due to their missionary work) they actually have some experience abroad and foreign language skills.

they also, for the most part, do not ever drink alcohol. this makes them more reliable from the standpoint that they will never brag about secret poo poo while drunk at a bar.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Also the MTC (missionary training center) near BYU has one of, if not the most, effective immersive language training programs in the US. there's a reason the NSA put their Bluffdale facility near Provo.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

jfood posted:

wandering around with subpar language skills trying to rope the locals into some self-destructive bullshit

turn my monitor on

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Gringostar posted:

iirc the story about the weiner thing is that the NY FBI office was leaking things directly to gulliani (he use to work with them) and that comey did that presser to get ahead of the story

there's also a russian angle on this and comey's decision to get ahead of it, according to this story. who even knows, its all a clusterfuck

quote:

In the midst of the 2016 presidential primary season, the FBI received what was described as a Russian intelligence document claiming a tacit understanding between the Clinton campaign and the Justice Department over the inquiry into whether she intentionally revealed classified information through her use of a private email server.
Current and former officials have said that Comey relied on the document in making his July decision to announce on his own, without Justice Department involvement, that the investigation was over. That public announcement — in which he criticized Clinton and made extensive comments about the evidence — set in motion a chain of other FBI moves that Democrats now say helped Trump win the presidential election.
Comey had little choice, these people have said, because he feared that if Lynch announced no charges against Clinton, and then the secret document leaked, the legitimacy of the entire case would be questioned.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it's pretty much impossible to have human intelligence anymore because none of the CIA's recruits can actually do the kind of shady poo poo you'd need for real undercover work. imagine a BYU choir boy trying to chew khat in Somalia without retching.

All the shady spy poo poo was always done by local assets anyways, and now everyone is wise to the fact that you can save the life of your handler half a dozen times and they will still leave you to die when you get made because a station chief sends his password to G00G1E-HELP-EMAIL@protonmail.com because they didn't want to spend the $600 on a plane ticket for you.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Reclines Obesily posted:

in lighter radical centrist news, boogie1488 was bragging bout how he got scammed for $100k by a tesla dealer

he was told that in 2 years time his tesla will have its software updated to allow it to be a driverless 24/7 automated taxi and it will make him $30k a year in fares
lol he thinks he’ll be alive in six years

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Spergin Morlock posted:

they also, for the most part, do not ever drink alcohol. this makes them more reliable from the standpoint that they will never brag about secret poo poo while drunk at a bar.

Counterpoint: they will blow their cover when they walk into a speedy bar and order a glass of caffeine free ginger ale.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DeepDickPizza posted:

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1146157344423890946

Nice. After he went on his stupid flag rant a week ago and included a bunch of openly homophobic poo poo, I reported him. Glad to see enough other people did the same.

Thank you for your service.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

iirc Ngo originally rose to semi-prominence when he got one published in the WSJ complaining that London's essential Britishness has been lost to the Muslim hordes. His proof for this was no-drinking zones, and people avoiding eye contact with him :jerkbag: this resulted in tens of thousands of comments dunking on him and he never appeared in the Journal again, until now

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the funny thing is the alcohol free zones are for the protection of the "native" Brits.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i very much enjoy that that beer remains unspilled

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

a Loving Dog posted:

i very much enjoy that that beer remains unspilled

Are we certain he fell and didn't just decide to lie down?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
either way really, respect

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

people should definitely be trying to popularize the nickname "Andy No-Go Zone"

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/petersterne/status/1146566033534267392?s=21
Jesus Christ

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

uber_stoat posted:

the funny thing is the alcohol free zones are for the protection of the "native" Brits.

Still one of the most beautiful photos ever.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/1146269195023388672

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Noted anti-imperialist Kaiser Wilhelm II.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Antifa predating fascism just proves how forward-thinking Kaiser Wilhelm was.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Who What Now posted:

Counterpoint: they will blow their cover when they walk into a speedy bar and order a glass of caffeine free ginger ale.

caffeinated sodas are ok according to the church, even the Mormons can’t stand up to the coca-cola company

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

also those tweets are just Richard spencer having a laugh

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He’s never just trying to have a laugh. He’s forwarding the ends of fascism by making it seem like an ironic fun silly time. He beat his wife and he beats his stupid lib girlfriend who he cheated on her with and eventually he is going to kill the lib girlfriend. There’s nothing funny about him.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The idea that they're going to convince people antifa is both homophobes and all a bunch of gays is some real galaxy brain.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

He’s never just trying to have a laugh. He’s forwarding the ends of fascism by making it seem like an ironic fun silly time. He beat his wife and he beats his stupid lib girlfriend who he cheated on her with and eventually he is going to kill the lib girlfriend. There’s nothing funny about him.

*there's one thing funny about him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HECRyW4b4QI

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Yeah ok that one thing is very good and funny.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
ever wonder what Chuck "floorshitter" Johnson has been up to?
https://twitter.com/repdonbeyer/status/1146518914790301701?s=21

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
There are grifters and dumbfuck youtube brand makers like Tim Pool and Pants making GBS threads Gun Girl or Baked Alaska, but Richard Spencer is a very different breed of animal. When he's traveled to Europe in the past (where he is mostly banned from traveling to now) it isn't to make controversial youtube vids like Molyneux or Southern, it's to meet quietly with the hard core neo nazi groups and help them plan for fascist takeover of their own countries. He's worked relentlessly for his whole adult life advancing nazi power. His family is wealthy, he isn't trying to make a career.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1146504424765972485

really hate this guy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

There are grifters and dumbfuck youtube brand makers like Tim Pool and Pants making GBS threads Gun Girl or Baked Alaska, but Richard Spencer is a very different breed of animal. When he's traveled to Europe in the past (where he is mostly banned from traveling to now) it isn't to make controversial youtube vids like Molyneux or Southern, it's to meet quietly with the hard core neo nazi groups and help them plan for fascist takeover of their own countries. He's worked relentlessly for his whole adult life advancing nazi power. His family is wealthy, he isn't trying to make a career.

Lauren Southern went to Europe and tried to kill refugees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Lauren Southern went to Europe and tried to kill refugees.

with Molyneux