Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

There's a button under the items in your glamor cabinet to switch to armoire and back. I think these are stored in different databases because FFXIV was programmed by that dude from Golden Boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

S.J. posted:

MNK is really easy right now imo
I always forget this class exists. I don't know why but it's completely unmemorable to me. I used to see a ton of them in dungeons but I never do anymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Annath posted:

E: RDM rocks

Question: What's the difference between the Armoire and the Glamour Dresser?

Like, I've figured out how to use the Dresser to make Dress Up Sets, but what does the Armoire do? Items in there don't seem to be available to add to Glamour Plates.

You can put anything in the glamour dresser, armoire is only for seasonal items, some AF, and things like veteran’s rewards and Fanfest prizes.

You can use the armoire, when you’re building a plate there’s a button at the bottom of the equipment select box (the one on the right.)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man I wish I had known about the FFXV crossover coming to an end... I did the corresponding quest in FFXV a few months back when I was playing that and really enjoyed it and hoped to return the favor once I got back into XIV. ~Goodnight sweet prince~

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The entirety of Shadowbringers has just been

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Dang. I wanted to give this a try and started the free trial but there’s a 3,000+ queue to log on. Is that normal or do trial accounts get very low priority logging on? Tried two different worlds and it’s the same thing.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
There's been some connectivity issues so everyone got disconnected and now everyone is trying to get in again.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
As someone who just got Stormblood when their Shadowbringers pre-order activated, are the world mobs at level 60 and 61 supposed to be able to kick my rear end this thoroughly? If I aggro more than 1 caster at once as a summoner I'm just dead.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

zelah posted:

Dang. I wanted to give this a try and started the free trial but there’s a 3,000+ queue to log on. Is that normal or do trial accounts get very low priority logging on? Tried two different worlds and it’s the same thing.
It's not normal, the expansion just came out officially yesterday, but yeah trial players get a lower priority queue as of this expansion also. On average there is no queue

Psychepath posted:

As someone who just got Stormblood when their Shadowbringers pre-order activated, are the world mobs at level 60 and 61 supposed to be able to kick my rear end this thoroughly? If I aggro more than 1 caster at once as a summoner I'm just dead.
What's your gear at? Anything 60 kinda assumes you're stacked in HW endgame Shire gear

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 4, 2019

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Psychepath posted:

How's your gear?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Psychepath posted:

Sb mobs gave me a problem in shire gear but after a few levels things go back to normal

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

How's your gear?
Poetics stuff that's equal to or better than the quest rewards at the start of the new zones. But even the air elementals are hitting for 1800 every couple seconds and I have 19k health. It's manageable since who does sidequests anyway, but it feels real bad.

^^ok, good to know it levels out eventually.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Psychepath posted:

Poetics stuff that's equal to or better than the quest rewards at the start of the new zones. But even the air elementals are hitting for 1800 every couple seconds and I have 19k health. It's manageable since who does sidequests anyway, but it feels real bad.
Bird up for some support.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

zelah posted:

There have been server issues mass kicking people off, there's an emergency maintenance tonight, and accounts without subscriptions are in a low priority queue for a while.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Good lord. 3000+ queue still on Lamia, but my abandoned Mateus character just had a 32 person queue. :gonk:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

FactsAreUseless posted:

I always forget this class exists. I don't know why but it's completely unmemorable to me. I used to see a ton of them in dungeons but I never do anymore.

There's a giant lull in the middle of leveling where you get nothing interesting, and I'm not sure getting a hadoken later is going to help that

e: Six-Sided Star looks almost completely useless to me???

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

S.J. posted:

There's a giant lull in the middle of leveling where you get nothing interesting, and I'm not sure getting a hadoken later is going to help that

e: Six-Sided Star looks almost completely useless to me???
I've never really understood what it's going for. It feels like a weird 1.0 relic they can't figure out.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Context: tank decided to do a big pull in the 79 dungeon after single pulling two easier packs, died horribly. I think he stood in the [redacted]'s untelegraphed frontal attacks but am not sure: more than my undergeared Bene2 spam could handle in any case. Probably could've saved him if I was good but he literally ran away from my earthly star so I don't feel that guilty. Surviving mage team kite and slowly kill the pack while tank asks the rdm to res, which eventually happens and gets the rdm killed. blm calls the tank an idiot, tank calls the blm toxic and:

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Since people were talking about an Aether Linkshell on the last page, I'd just like to remind everyone on Crystal that we do have a shiny new cross-world linkshell! Since CWLS's are, uh, not as full-featured as Free Companies, you'll have to message one of the inviters so we can add you manually. I'm Estelle Auberlaint on Balmung or Headmistress Estelle#4324 on Discord, and Tanil Nelhah on Balmung/KarasuTengu#1460 on Discord can also add people at the moment. Alternately, post in the other servers channel on Catgirl Bargains. You can also reply in here of course, but annoyingly I usually have to send you a friend invite and then invite you to the LS by hand, which can only be done when both people are online, so a bit of hunting or organizing might be required then.

Also, I cheated a bit and bought the drop from Titania EX off the market board so I could get this guy early. Because look at him oh my god it's adorableeeeeeeeeeeee

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 4, 2019

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've never really understood what it's going for. It feels like a weird 1.0 relic they can't figure out.
IDK, it has a pretty clear mentality behind it, especially as over the years they've systematically stripped positionals out of every other job. The whole thing is working your way through the stance cycle, each stance having a choice between a low potency buff/debuff that you want to keep up and a high potency DPS move, and also half of your six attacks are flank and half are rear. So the MNK rotation has to take into consideration two different qualities to pick the right move at each step, and it really feels like you're putting together a combo rather than just hitting 1-2-3.

The real MNK problem is that they pretty much perfected it in HW, arguably ARR, and everything they've done to it since then has been either meaningless or kinda arbitrary. Other than that though it's incredibly distinctive.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Been trying to make my Cat Lord for 3 days but Excalibur is hard locked for now. Looks like I'm playing cultist simulator on my phone while I wait.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

homeless snail posted:

Other than that though it's incredibly distinctive.

Yeah Monk is the quintessential Combo and Positional DPS. Having trouble with positionals? Playing MNK will build that muscle memory because that's how you Git Gud at MNK.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I guess I just haven't spent enough time with it, I only ever leveled it to like 31. I've also never managed to get Archer to 30. I like the bows aesthetically but the attacks are boring and the sound effects are terrible.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I finished Stormblood!

... months after everyone else.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Since people were talking about an Aether Linkshell on the last page, I'd just like to remind everyone on Crystal that we do have a shiny new cross-world linkshell! Since CWLS's are, uh, not as full-featured as Free Companies, you'll have to message one of the inviters so we can add you manually. I'm Estelle Auberlaint on Balmung or Headmistress Estelle#4324 on Discord, and Tanil Nelhah on Balmung/KarasuTengu#1460 on Discord can also add people at the moment. Alternately, post in the other servers channel on Catgirl Bargains.

I'm having incredibly bad timing trying to catch either of you in-game through tells, so whenever possible please invite Morgan Ironclaw@Coeurl into the linkshell, thanks.

Also, while I haven't played Monk since I hit level 50 and switched over to Red Mage and then Machinist, I will say I still like the class. Having to hit from different angles was, for me, the perfect mix of technicality and simplicity - I had to do more than stand in one spot and hit things, but it wasn't at the level of futilely trying to remember what combination of which handsigns does what like when I played Ninja on another character. Also, Shoulder Tackle was hilarious to me for some reason. I just loved the idea of crossing a room in a quarter of a second and stunning the person I just rammed into at mach speed, and Gunbreaker having a similar skill is a big part of why I'm torn on whether to keep playing Machinist for this expansion or finally start maining a tank (I'm taking it out for Clan Hunts when I gather seals to buy aetheryte tickets in the meantime).

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Thing is, MNK rotation is just about locked in at 50, and everything for the next 30 levels are either extra OGCDs, tools to keep/use greased lightning, and a couple of self buffs.

Not that I would say there’s anything wrong with it. Honestly, its design is a template that a lot of the other dps jobs followed. But it simply hasn’t changed much and has kinda been a middling job for a couple expansions.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
You know what (minor character spoilers)

Dulia-Chai is good people

MechaX fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 4, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

MechaX posted:

Kholusia part 2 The Chais are absolutely lovely people once outside of the influence of Imperial Eulmore. Chai-Nuzz basically being a little boy building the biggest Lego robot he can is hella cute.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
Just starting ShB and kinda lol @ Alphinaud, a kid who used his vast inherited wealth and connections to set up a private security force, finally realizing that capitalism is... bad?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, MNK is just too much for me to handle in practice. As noted the actual rotation is pretty simple, but between so much damage coming from getting the positionals right, almost every attack having positionals, and having to change the finishers constantly (and thus the muscle memory of the combos, where you're standing, etc.) to make sure you're not overwriting the DOT and my old fossil brain eventually seizes up when things get hard in a fight and I lose my 'place' and it all goes to hell.

I love the aesthetics of the class but I'm not sure I can really ever get used to it, especially since the concept of positional attacks are an old MMO relic that don't need to be around in 2019 anyway. And both SAM and DRG are way easier to play (or at least more reliable/forgiving), so... :shrug:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Nodosaur posted:

I finished Stormblood!

... months after everyone else.

I'm about six quests in.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

MechaX posted:

Post game spoilers

I loved going back to Eulmore to find her doting over Alphinaud and her completed portrait and apologising she cant lavish you with sweets cause they all have to tighten their belts and share things more evenly.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Mister No posted:

Just starting ShB and kinda lol @ Alphinaud, a kid who used his vast inherited wealth and connections to set up a private security force, finally realizing that capitalism is... bad?

Eulmore isn't actually a capitalist society!

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I'm kinda glad Fatcat and her husband got gokd development and turns out they're relatively okay people. Love her husband nerding out over Talos despite insisting he's no good anymore.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Minrad posted:

Eulmore isn't actually a capitalist society!

It is Soviet America where the rich eat you!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like Monk’s positionals for the most part because it means you’re always moving and it makes the way they fight super distinct imo. It feels more like a dance than dancer does.

Though there’s still definitely times where it feels like it’s too much trouble.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah, I love the positionals for monk. Even though the whole thing is pretty rote, it feels more dynamic.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Well, this is all good to hear, because I made a rabbit girl monk about 2 days ago.
Trying to line up rear attack is actually a pain in the rear end, because I'm never sure if the hit actually counted as a back attack.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Monk is still a super active and fun job but, picking it up again after shelving it almost two years ago, I am remembering just how obnoxious it can be to keep GL going when the tank isn't being cooperative. Or hitting your positionals when the tank isn't being cooperative / the boss loves spinning at random.

At least they have a full AoE combo now! And a chakra AoE to spend all those Brotherhood bonuses on in trash packs.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Well, this is all good to hear, because I made a rabbit girl monk about 2 days ago.
Trying to line up rear attack is actually a pain in the rear end, because I'm never sure if the hit actually counted as a back attack.

All enemies have a target circle (more of a horseshoe shape) around them. The broken part of the circle at their rear is their back quarter. That helps a bunch when learning where to move to transfer between flank and rear positionals. If the enemy has an unbroken target circle, then they have no positionals and you can just hit them wherever and always get your bonus.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

The only thing that matters is where you are in relation to the other guy when you hit the button, regardless of when the attack animation looks like it hits.